Sounds of the Rockies | Colorado Event Productions Reviews

54 | Fort Collins, CO

54 Reviews for Sounds of the Rockies | Colorado Event Productions

We chose Sounds of the Rockies for our wedding and from beginning to end they were so awesome. Absolutely FANTASTIC to work with when we were getting everything planned for the big day, and our DJ Jimmy was AWESOME and did everything he could to make sure we were happy and that everything ran smoothly. Our biggest concern was the weather changing by the minute and how it shifted from an absolute downpour to sunshine at the last minute and Jimmy ran around setting up and moving everything at the last second as we decided to go ahead and have the ceremony outside. He was incredibly flexible and remained calm and collected the entire time which helped ease our stress tremendously! We are SO HAPPY we chose you guys to work with and were absolutely impressed with the professionalism and incredible customer service we received!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Kari · Married on 06/22/2013

Sounds of the Rockies was AMAZING! They always responded in a timely manner and honored all of requests! They helped find special music and songs that we wanted, added a personal touch, and had everyone involved and having fun during the reception. Our DJ Michael was the best, and more than we could ever have asked for!!!
    They also provided a mobile zip line for my groom to enter the ceremony on!!! They spent lots of extra time to make that possible: meeting us at the venue, going out to measure, setting up and tearing down. It was not an easy task to make it work, but they did everything they could to make this special part of our day happen!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Was very happy with our DJ!!! Very satisfied! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Being from North shore Chicago, I've been to and hosted a lot of high-end, DJ'd events in my life. But, let me tell you something: Michael Waldron with Sounds of the Rockies is one of THE BEST DJs I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I had a goal for my wedding; I wanted it to be "the most amazing wedding any of our guests have and will ever attend"--and it was. But not because of my countless hours of planning, over-the-top decor, the elaborate invitations and stationary, or our stylishly good looks. It was because of Michael, the best damn DJ West of the Mississippi.

Michael was more than just a DJ- he was more of a "reception manager". He always had an eye on the clock and periodically, he would casually let us know how many minutes we had before cake cutting, toasts, etc. to mingle with guests (In fact- it seems he was more helpful than my wedding coordinator at the reception). He kept everything moving smoothly, and knew exactly what music the crowd wanted to be played and when. He got EVERYONE UP AND DANCING RIGHT AWAY, which, I don't know how many weddings you've ever been to, but that can be quite a struggle, it rarely happens! And at a wedding of 200, that deserves an Olympic gold medal in DJ terms! Oh, and lets not forget our HIGH ENERGY GRAND ENTRANCE, which he absolutely nailed! I couldn't have even imagined it going better than it did! Michael was full of genuine enthusiasm and energy as he read off each name and quirky fun-fact for each member of our bridal party. The energy in the room was off-the-charts, before we even entered! He truly was amazing and I would recommend him to any bride over any other DJ, hands down! Thank you!!!

We also rented LED uplighting, H2O dance floor, moving light heads, 8' lighted columns, custom gobo image, DJ facade, lighted coctail tables, upgraded sound package, and projector/screen combo from Sounds of the Rockies, all great quality and I would highly recommend any of them to transform your venue ambiance.

Sent on 11/14/2013

We loved Sounds of the Rockies! They were very organized and professional, they contacted me weeks before the wedding to make sure I had all the music picked out with wonderful templates that were easy to use. They had all the music I requested and did a wonderful job throughout the night keeping our guests entertained. Sounds of the Rockies also provided the music and microphones for our ceremony and we were very pleased with the quality! They were SO helpful throughout the night keeping everything on time and flowing...letting me know when I needed to cut the cake, dance, garter toss, etc. I have NO idea what I would have done without them keeping my husband and I on track throughout the night.
    Definitely would recommend Sounds Of The Rockies!!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

SOTR was the best company to work with. They were professional, responsive and fun to work with. They kept our party going and our guests had a wonderful time. Thank you for making our wedding unforgettable and a blast for everyone!!!

Sent on 01/15/2014
  • Jess

Jessica · Married on 06/08/2013

I absolutly loved our DJ - Michael. We had a vision and he made it happen. He was fun to work with and knew how to keep things going. Makes us want to have another party just to have him there.

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 06/07/2013

Everyone we worked with at Sounds of the Rockies was great. I initially communicated with Michelle Kennedy via e-mail and she responded to my inquiries in a timely fashion and provided very detailed information. My husband and I met with Michael Waldron in person to go over the details of our day and what we were looking for. He was very friendly and professional and also provided us with very detailed and specific information. Sean Okland was our DJ for the wedding day and he did an awesome job. He provided music for both the ceremony and reception and I am extremely happy with how everything turned out. Music is very important to me and I appreciated being able to have a lot of involvement in the music selection process beforehand. Sean played the specific music we selected for our ceremony so it was more personal to us and during the reception, he did a fantastic job getting everybody out on the dance floor. In addition, Sounds of the Rockies offers reasonable pricing and I didn't feel that I had to sacrifice the quality of our entertainment to stay on budget. I would highly recommend Sounds of the Rockies.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Sounds of the Rockies did a phenomenal job at our wedding on 1 June 2013. All of our guests were entertained and we appreciated the little things our DJ did. Although we didn't meet him before our wedding, our DJ knew exactly the type of music we would like and how to best work with us! When we cut the cake, he had a cute little routine he did that made everyone laugh (Karen, tell Josh you love him. Josh, tell Karen you love her. Josh, that's the last time you'll have the last word!) and he played a very suiting song. He was incredibly flexible and although we had previously stated we wanted to dance to our entire first dance song, when we decided to cut it off early, he slowly faded the music out - almost as if we had planned it!

Sounds of the Rockies did a phenomenal job and we loved the service!

Sent on 02/03/2014
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/05/2012

Sounds of the Rockies was great to work with and did a great job with the music for our ceremony and reception. The whole process with Sounds of the Rockies was so easy and not stressful at all, which was nice since the whole wedding planning process was pretty stressful at times. They also had lighting packages that we added on and it made our reception venue so much more beautiful and dynamic as the lights changed throughout the night.

Michael was our DJ for the evening and he did a great job taking requests and keeping the dance floor busy all night long. He was friendly and very easy going and was perfect for our wedding and our reception.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Kim · Married on 07/26/2012

WOW!!! I have a million great things to say about Sounds of the Rockies. We had the fortune of having Michael with Sounds of the Rockies, an extremely talented DJ; drive up to spend all day and night at our venue. Not only did he follow all the things I wanted for our big day, he added touches he knew the crowd would enjoy. I can say without a doubt that our reception had people dancing the ENTIRE NIGHT!! Awesome, awesome, awesome. We are still getting compliments on how fun our reception was and how it will be impossible to top! I give credit to Sounds of the Rockies for an amazing, fun, unforgetable night!

Sent on 08/07/2012

From the minute I contacted Sounds of the Rockies inquiring about their services, they were 100% amazing! Extremely responsive, easy to understand contract, and very kind employees. I had an issue with my venue two days before the wedding and called SotR freaking out. They assured me they had everything taken care of and eased my mind! Then, the wedding...we had Jimmy as our DJ and he was absolutely fantastic! Professional, SO nice, and followed all of my requests. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests raved about how much fun they had. Very happy we hired this company!

Sent on 08/03/2012
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 07/07/2012

Michale, our DJ was great! He kept everyone dancing and having a great time. Everyone commented on how great he was.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Sound of the Rockies entertainment group is absolutely fantastic! Our DJ, Michael, was phenomenal!! He orchestrated our reception beautifully and chose the perfect music! All night I had guests and friends coming up to me and telling me that Michael was amazing and where did we find such an awesome dj? We had such a party!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Julia · Married on 06/23/2012

Jeff was our DJ for both our cocktail hour and reception. He was great! All of our guests had a lot of fun dancing to the variety of music that he played. I loved how he did the cake cutting, bouqet toss, and garter toss because he talked through the traditions and made it really exciting! We ended up wanting him to stay another hour, and it was a reasonable cost and he was glad to do it. Thank you so much to Jeff and to Sounds of the Rockies for the great planning process and fun reception!!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Tiffany · Married on 06/02/2012

We had Michael Waldron as our DJ, and we were so happy about how it turned out! He was great about keeping in touch before the wedding and meeting with us to find out exactly what we wanted. All through our wedding night he was asking how we were feeling about things. The crowd did not stop dancing once! We are still getting compliments on how great our DJ was!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Emily · Married on 07/15/2011

Sounds of the Rockies was very professional, kept track of our timeline, played the songs we wanted, and kept the party going as long as we wanted to stay. Their lighting was great, and the coordinator, Sean, was very easy to work with. I highly recommend Sounds of the Rockies.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Andrea · Married on 06/17/2011

Sean was awesome. He listened to what we wanted and he delivered. He kept our reception going. Having an afternoon wedding, it was surprising how many guests "got down" and danced. He also played our wedding ceremony music and it was nice not to have any awkward lengthy music. He faded out at the perfect times.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Tasia

Tasia · Married on 08/20/2010

Great to work with, played everything we asked for!

Sent on 10/16/2010
  • csoileau

Cassie · Married on 07/10/2010

D J was absolutely amazing. Kept the party going. Loved every minute of it!! Played all songs requested!

Sent on 07/29/2010

David · Married on 05/25/2008

Sounds of the Rockies provided exceptional service! Our DJ (Sean) worked with us to ensure that our reception went just the way we wanted. He was extremely responsive to phone calls and helped us plan everything perfectly, even with a relatively late booking. On our wedding day, he was extremely professional, and made the reception go off perfectly. Everyone commented on what a good time they had at the reception, and the DJ was a huge part of that! Highly Reccomended!

Sent on 06/17/2008

Sounds of the Rockies complimented our wedding perfectly. Michale,, our DJ, wanted to make our day perfect and not only asked the bride and groom if the reception was going well, but he made sure our parents were happy too. They had exceptional equipment, sound, and talent. This is the second time we have seen them in action and they never fail to impress.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Jackie · Married on 05/17/2014

Sounds of the Rockies was fantastic. The planning worksheets were very helpful. Matt Baldwin was great. He kept the party going. I recommend them for any wedding or event!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Greta · Married on 06/22/2013

Sounds of the Rockies as well as our DJ Matt Baldwin were great! They were extremely professional and right from the start the responsiveness to my emails were immediate (thank you Michelle!) and I felt completely taken care of. Planning a wedding is very time consuming and making sure things are in order is one of the hardest parts but Sounds of the Rockies took the guess work out of the music part of our day. Michael Waldron, their special services manager, called me exactly the day he said he would and walked through the entire ceremony/reception plan with me, he also called to follow up a couple of days before the wedding just to make sure. No need to set reminders for myself, he was on top of it. He also recommended things that I hadn't even thought of and made sure he had all of the information down exactly as we wanted it.

Our DJ Matt was also great. He was on time and ready to go, he was a great DJ, making sure things kept moving but without being overly loud or talkative.

Thank you to Sounds of the Rockies for helping to make our wedding day great!

Sent on 01/08/2014

We were so satisfied with our choice to use Sound of the Rockies for our special day! They were extremely accommodating and made our wedding a night to remember. From the moment the music started to when the last song was played the floor was packed. I still have guests telling me that it was the best wedding dance they have ever been to.

Sent on 11/13/2015