Sounds Great Entertainment Reviews

72 | Pinellas Park, FL

72 Reviews for Sounds Great Entertainment

lisa · Married on 03/03/2018

I knew from my very first conversation with Rick that he was our guy! He was professional and he really listened to to our bride! His service was top notch and I had many compliments on from our guests! Rick kept the party going and even had my back on my goof up!! If you are looking for a professional DJ then Rick is your man!!! Thanks Rick for making our daughters big day a very special one!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Trevor · Married on 12/31/2017

We hired Rick for our wedding on Honeymoon Island. We worked with him during the months that led up to the wedding, we sent a music list with instructions and we even had him cut a specific song to the length we needed. He was super responsive and he was able to choose a playlist of dinner music, cake cutting music and the initial guest arrival music. We had a 1920's themed wedding with a lot of music form that era in our choices and RICK was able to match the theme perfectly. He really had a good list of music that got the entire wedding party and all guests involved. Even during the wedding he was super responsive to making announcements to helping provide direction to what would work best when. I really liked his input to the songs we made and allowing all of our guests to make requests. Everything went smoothly, and Rick was a pleasure to work with and was super flexible.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Trevor. I wish you and Dawn many years of happiness!!!!

Meghan · Married on 11/17/2017

Rick was the best!! He was incredibly helpful from start to finish! Rick sent us many suggestions for songs and planning forms prior to the wedding. He took the time to call me a few days before the wedding to make sure he had all the information he needed so that the day of would run smoothly. Rick played all our requests and many other songs that everyone loved! I received many comments on how great the DJ was. Rick was very professional and detail oriented and his services made our ceremony and reception flow smoothly!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Meghan, I'm glad you and your guests had a great time and I wish you and Patrick many years of happiness!!!!!

Melina · Married on 09/23/2017

Rick was awesome and very professional. He called us a few days before the wedding to go over details. My dad and I wanted to do a mixup dance and Rick helped us piece together the songs! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you liked the special dance I was able to put together for you and your dad.

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2017

He was very accommodating for us. He did a wonderful job! I would highly recommend him if in search of a great DJ!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2017

Rick was AWESOME! He went over all the specific songs I picked and made sure everything was what I had wanted. He was easy to contact and quick to answer! On top of everything the day of the wedding! We made some minor changes the day of and he made the adjustments accordingly. I had a couple songs during the ceremony that needed to start partially through the song and he made sure he knew exactly what part of the song he needed to start at. Very respectful of the timeline you have for the day - we have a beach wedding and a storm was starting to roll in and he asked if I wanted to move certain events up in time to beat the rain, I said "it's not going to rain", and and accepted that and we stuck to the original plan. It did not rain and everything was fine! He was very friendly and was always trying to get everyone up and dancing! I would recommend him for every wedding!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, it was a pleasure to be part of your special day. You guys were so much fun, and by the way, the positive thoughts kept the rain away!!!!

Karol · Married on 03/25/2017

Rick is fantastic. He made our wedding complete. He is
    professional and energetic! We absolutely loved him. He
    played exactly what we requested and tailored the music to our needs. The songs blended perfectly together. Go ahead and add his lighting it is awesome. I HIGHLY recommend Rick for not only weddings but and DJ needs. You will be 100% satisfied. Thank you Rick for making our March wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. I wish you and Michael many years of happiness!!!!!

Annika · Married on 11/12/2016

Rick, was the best Dj! He went over the sound list like a million times with me! We had a last minute change, when my mother wanted to make a speech, and he easily put her in the agenda! He did a great job with the flow and timing of the wedding! Music quality was great! And he even brought disco lights! Which was a surprise to us! He showed up early to make sure everything was set up before the guests arrived and dressed in professional clothing! All around a perfect dj for our perfect day!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words!!!!
  • Amanda91

Amanda · Married on 10/30/2016

Dj Rick was awesome. He was very friendly and personable, very easy to talk with. He even went out of his way to find a song for friends who were celebrating their anniversary. He remained very professional throughout the evening while still being relaxed and personable.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Amanda, I'm glad you and your guests had a good time!!!!

Delilah · Married on 10/15/2016

We couldn't ask for a better DJ! He kept the party going, was accommodating when we needed to move up our whole schedule. Thank you so Much DJ Rick!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure to have been part of your special day and I wish you and Matthew many years of happiness.

Rick was a great DJ! We had many special request for our wedding that he accommodated and he even suggested a few things we had not thought of that turned out great! He picked up on the vibe we were going for for our wedding based on our discussions and made sure it was how we wanted. He did great at reading the crowd and knowing when to switch up songs to get people dancing. Our wedding turned out great and was tons of fun and we definitely would like to thank Rick for everything and recommend him for anyone looking for a great wedding DJ!

Sent on 07/11/2016

therese · Married on 05/29/2016

Rick was great and my guests had a wonderful time!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Lea · Married on 04/16/2016

Rick was easy going and receptive to all of my requests. For example, we are not very traditional and chose not to follow a ceremony/reception schedule. I felt comfortable and confident in my decision during a conversation I had with him prior to the wedding - he said that he's been in this line of work for many years and has learned to be flexible and accommodating to whatever the bride/groom want because it's their day and also they have enough on their plates leading up the the wedding - the last thing they need to worry about is the DJ.! I gave him my vision of types of music, explained what we would be cutting out (bouquet/ garter belt toss among other things). He took careful note of everything we discussed and followed through on the day of the wedding! He was dressed appropriately, was great with the crowd and played great music. I would suggest telling him whether you're ok with guest requesting songs. I had a friend request a song that I love (and totally forgot to put on the request list prior to the wedding) and she said he was a bit hesitant to play it, but ultimately did (which I'm glad). It's not a bad thing -- he wanted to make sure the bride was happy! It's just advice for those of you who may not think to consider this detail. :-) In addition to providing music for the ceremony, cocktail our and reception, he also provided up-lighting for the reception. We rented a room at the Clearwater Beach Rec center so even though there are several windows and a gorgeous water view, the room was quite plain so the uplighting was well worth the expense!!! I requested pink but they ending up being a little more red. He did adjust them as best as he could. They still looked great and added a beautiful touch to the scenery, especially as the sun set. He remained professional and courteous at all times. I was very pleased with his services and highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad I was able to adjust the up lighting color to better match the bridal party dresses. I wish you and Joel many years of happiness.

Jou · Married on 04/01/2016

Rick Pegram was an absolute gent to work with. He knows his crowd and how to work 'em. We had planned to do our first dance right away but nerves set in and he was able to rearrange things for us without any issue and no one even knew. He was polite and fun! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Joy · Married on 04/01/2016

Amazing DJ - Rick was great! He was flexible about changing the order of things around when I was nervous and not quite ready for our first dance and husband and wife. He knew exactly what I had in mind for music while eating dinner. Everything ran smoothly! Rick kept everyone entertained!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Joy for the kind words and for trusting my company to be part of your special day.

Rick was awesome! He made sure everyone was having a good time and played music that got everyone up and dancing! The up lighting was perfect and added that perfect touch to our wedding! I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Jennifer · Married on 01/09/2016

DJ Rick did an amazing job at our wedding!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Diane · Married on 12/18/2015

Rick did our daughter's wedding recently at the Lange Farm and we had a blast. Rick had to set up in three different locations for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and everything went flawlessly. I would highly recommend Rick as he is fun yet professional.

Sent on 12/25/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I t was a pleasure to be a part of your daughter's special day.

Rick did a phenomenal job. He supplied the perfect mix of music, had all of the songs we wanted, and provided beautiful up-lighting for the event. When our wedding coordinator failed to provide structure to the event, Rick took charge, and ensured all portions of the event went smoothly. He was professional and quick to respond. He was also reasonably priced. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a real, professional DJ.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!!!

Cassandra · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I were extremely happy to have Rick at our wedding to DJ, to MC, and provide uplighting. We were married in Florida, but we are living and had planned the wedding from Virginia. Rick was able to flawlessly work around the distance issue. Prior to the wedding, he called just to make sure he had the correct pronunciation of our names and the names of the people in our wedding party. He even texted me pictures when it came time to pick the color of the uplights (I wish I could attach a picture of the uplight he put behind our wedding cake; it looked amazing). He was always quick to respond, and you could really tell that he was committed to making sure everything went right.

He gave us really helpful lists of the most commonly requested songs for the special dances throughout the night as well as just normal dancing time, which really helped guide us. He gave us the option of choosing the songs for the regular dancing portion of the reception, and when I confessed that I had no idea what to pick (the husband and I are pretty introverted and had no clue what might keep the party going), he offered to read the crowd and accept requests. This ending up working out really well for our guests, and we could tell that he picked the next song based on what he was seeing on the dance floor. For example, our guests were really digging the choreographed dances like the Cha Cha Slide, the Cupid Shuffle, and the Wobble. Who knew? And they loved when he MC'd the shoe game for us (100% Google this if you're unfamiliar with it).

In my researching of DJs through Wedding Wire, I think that Rick's services are very well-priced, including the 10 uplights that we rented. A wedding DJ can really make or break a reception. We had many guests tell us how much fun they were having throughout the night. Rick absolutely made our day awesome.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Cassandra. It was a pleasure to be part of your special day and I'm glad everyone had a great time!!!!!

Annette · Married on 05/16/2015

Rick did an excellent job and was very helpful with all the planning. He not only did the music for our ceremony & reception, but also did the up lighting at our venue as well. The variety of music he played was great and it kept our guests dancing all night long.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

It was a pleasure to be your DJ, I'm glad you and your guests had a wonderful time and I'm glad you enjoyed the up lights.

Charlie · Married on 05/02/2015

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and we owe a lot of that to Rick. Professional, organized, and extremely accommodating, Rick worked closely with us well in advance to make sure everything would go exactly how we wanted. We provided Rick with a very specific list of songs to play for each portion of the evening, and he compiled these playlists without a single hiccup. Additionally, Rick helped keep the whole wedding night moving in way that was polite and fun for all of us involved. We have received nothing but positive feedback from our guests about Rick's music selection and overall friendly attitude throughout the night. Thank you for helping to make our special day that much more special, Rick!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Charlie and thanks for having me be part of your special day. I wish you and Lynn many years of happiness.

Joey · Married on 03/07/2015

We had Rick DJ our beach wedding ceremony and brunch reception in early March 2015, and he was great! We had some pretty specific requests for music and sound at the ceremony, and he handled them like a champ, from double-checking his selection of songs against what we wanted, to getting set up in both venues with minimal guidance, to playing the right music at the right moment. He also made a great MC, managing the ebb and flow of events, and he even took care to pronounce people's names properly -- a tricky feat, given that our guests were a mini-United Nations. From initial contact to the very end of the reception, Rick was a pleasure to work with, and we'd gladly recommend him for your event.

Sent on 03/21/2015

Sounds Great Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Joey. I wish you and Anitra many years of happiness.

Brian · Married on 12/28/2014

Rick Pegram was phenomenal! I can't say enough positive things about Rick & Sounds Great Entertainment. He was a pro all the way, working closely with us on the song selection, plus he was a great EmCee for the special wedding reception activities and events (first dance, toasts, bouquet & garter toss, etc.). His DJ equipment is top-notch and sounded great. Perfect volume (not too loud, not too soft). I would gladly be a reference to anyone who is considering hiring Rick!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Rick from Sounds Great Entertainment recently did our wedding at the Tradewinds Resort in St Pete beach everything went flawless. From the ceremony on the outside deck to the reception in the Tarpon key room Rick was very professional and made sure everyone had a great time. Rick was even wonderful in assisting me with the planning stages of my wedding . Did I mention everyone had a great time, the dance floor was packed the whole night as Rick knew what to play and when to play it !!!!!

Sent on 01/24/2015