Recommended by 82%
Julie · Married on 09/17/2011
Paul did a great job DJing my wedding reception. Hope to do business with him again soon.Sent on 07/18/2013
Karyn · Married on 05/15/2010
Thanks so much for everything you did for our wedding. The music selection was great as well as the video taping! Thanks again!!!Sent on 03/20/2012
Scott & Karyn S.
Faruk · Married on 09/21/2012
Unfortunately, we had a poor experience with this DJ. Paul seemed very professional at our initial meeting and in his communication with us in the months leading up to our wedding, but his performance at the actual event was amateurish.Sent on 10/29/2012
- Even though we had agreed on a schedule with Paul, he didn't stick to it (or rather, he stuck to it very loosely). I had to remind him three 3 times about announcing the best man's toast and he still wouldn't do it until the best man went up to him personally and asked him to announce the toast.
- We created a playlist of songs we wanted to be played during the reception, but Paul also included choices we didn't select. The reception was 5 hours and we made sure to have enough songs to cover that time, so he shouldn't have needed to pad our selection with his own. He also allowed people to come up and request songs, which we didn't want him to do either. What's the point of having a playlist if you're not going to stick to it?
- Although he agreed to us giving him a CD with additional songs to be played, Paul only played maybe half the songs from that CD (there were only eight of them). Most of the songs on the CD were ones that meant a lot to our parents, so I would have preferred him playing those than something by Christina Aguilera, which we hadn't requested.
- HE MESSED UP DURING OUR FIRST DANCE!!! He played the right song, so that was fine, but about a minute into the song he hit the wrong button and the music stopped. Then he had to restart the song, which almost ruined the moment.
- I specifically wanted to hire Paul because he advertises himself as a DJ WITH KARAOKE. Just like we made a dance playlist, we could select the songs we'd like to have for karaoke. Well, it turns out Paul forgot to bring his karaoke booklets with the song list! And what's more, his karaoke selection is miserable. I mean, we weren't asking for obscure titles - just the kind of stuff you'd find at any bar that hosts a karaoke night.
Sound Source DJ & Karaoke's reply: