3 Reviews for Sound Source DJ & Karaoke
Trustworthy reviews are our priority. Businesses can't pay to change or remove reviews.
Unfortunately, we had a poor experience with this DJ. Paul seemed very professional at our initial meeting and in his communication with us in the months leading up to our wedding, but his performance at the actual event was amateurish.
- Even though we had agreed on a schedule with Paul, he didn't stick to it (or rather, he stuck to it very loosely). I had to remind him three 3 times about announcing the best man's toast and he still wouldn't do it until the best man went up to him personally and asked him to announce the toast.
- We created a playlist of songs we wanted to be played during the reception, but Paul also included choices we didn't select. The reception was 5 hours and we made sure to have enough songs to cover that time, so he shouldn't have needed to pad our selection with his own. He also allowed people to come up and request songs, which we didn't want him to do either. What's the point of having a playlist if you're not going to stick to it?
- Although he agreed to us giving him a CD with additional songs to be played, Paul only played maybe half the songs from that CD (there were only eight of them). Most of the songs on the CD were ones that meant a lot to our parents, so I would have preferred him playing those than something by Christina Aguilera, which we hadn't requested.
- HE MESSED UP DURING OUR FIRST DANCE!!! He played the right song, so that was fine, but about a minute into the song he hit the wrong button and the music stopped. Then he had to restart the song, which almost ruined the moment.
- I specifically wanted to hire Paul because he advertises himself as a DJ WITH KARAOKE. Just like we made a dance playlist, we could select the songs we'd like to have for karaoke. Well, it turns out Paul forgot to bring his karaoke booklets with the song list! And what's more, his karaoke selection is miserable. I mean, we weren't asking for obscure titles - just the kind of stuff you'd find at any bar that hosts a karaoke night.
Mr. Pasic is certainly entitled to his opinions. Please Contact Us directly and I will gladly provide you with the contact information for many other completely satisfied clients that have totally different opinions of the services we provided for them over the last 23 years. This review is only one mans opinion.
A few key points that Mr. Pasic Neglected to mention.
1) The Bridal Party was nearly 45 minutes late arriving at the reception making it very difficult to adhere to the agreed upon schedule.
2) We did play all of the music that Mr. Pasic had given to us, while we, and their guests were waiting for the Bridal Party to arrive at the reception.
3) The Best Man did not give his Speech/Toast at the scheduled time because he was visiting/socializing with friends. And the toast was announced when he was ready
4) We did play Music that was requested by the guests, in addition to the playlist provided by Mr. Pasic. At no time did Mr. Pasic tell us that he did not want us to take requests.
5) We did restart the first dance song, only because the Bride and Groom had a special dance that they had planned but were interrupted by some of their guests as the were headed towards the Dance Floor.
6) We have over 21000 songs available for Karaoke, Even though we had announced that Karaoke was available, There were very few guests that actually wanted to sing Karaoke. And, some of the songs that were requested for Karaoke simply are not available "Legally" in Karaoke versions due to licensing restrictions. We Play only Legal Music.
Paul did a great job DJing my wedding reception. Hope to do business with him again soon.
Thanks so much for everything you did for our wedding. The music selection was great as well as the video taping! Thanks again!!!
Scott & Karyn S.