50 Reviews for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt

Microphones (7)
Uplighting (6)
Liability Insurance (4)
49 Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Reviews

MATTHEW!!! Just WOW. Music was such an important part of our day and he executed it with perfection. He was straightforward, transparent, friendly, and most importantly, fun!

We had a whole bunch of custom requests, (some funny, some sentimental) and he was excited about all of it! Our guests had an absolute blast during the reception and the ceremony was so beautiful.

I often connect music with emotions, and I can tell you for sure that when I hear our songs, I'll go right back to our wedding day and remember how perfect it was.

We cannot thank you enough, Sound Productions.

Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review
Profile Picture Aileen, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Wonderful DJ! Our wedding in Santa Fe at the Four Seasons resort was awesome with Matthew!!! He was easy to communicate with, was flexible with out requests, found our unique versions of songs we requested, walked me through all of the ceremony songs prior to the wedding, etc. I was planning a destination wedding from Oklahoma so all communication was via phone, and he made it so simple and was very organized throughout the process. He was so great to work with and made our reception wonderful!!! Thank you, Matthew!

Profile Picture Mara, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matthew Martinez was just amazing! Very professional and extremely helpful from start to finish. He took the time to make sure he did everything he could to make our night just perfect.
-He came to Santa Fe just to see our venue, since he hadn't been there in a while. Just to make sure he knew exactly what he had to work with before it was showtime.
-I needed serious help with making decisions and he was there to give suggestions and walk us through it.
-He directed our timeline for the evening. So incredibly helpful!
-He listened to everything we said & what we wanted.
-He was so patient. Some guests thought it was more important for the bride to pay attention to them, instead of answering our MC's questions. He not only was extremely patient with them, he knew exactly how to handle the situation.
-He saved the evening. Our venue messed up quite a bit and we had very little time left over to party. Matt took it in stride and pulled us out of the mess. We not only got through everything we wanted to do, we still had time to have a fantastic time dancing the night away. Matt knew exactly what to do and how to get the party going.
It was a true honor to have him as our DJ and MC. Wish the night didn't have to end so soon. I would highly recommend Sound Productions, services are above and beyond.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/6/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We planned a destination wedding from New York without going in person and DJ Matt was instrumental in helping us every step of the way. From planning, to execution, it was seamless. He provided tips and recommendations for vendors and services. The reception also went off without a hitch and the music made the night.

Profile Picture Lora Lee, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt made our day worry free. He loves what he does and it shows. He is professional and had everything running smoothly.

Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - The Marcha.
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Our first dance
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Honeymoon dance
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Toasts
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Mom and daughter dance
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Getting down
Photo
Photo for Sound Productions DJ & MC Service by the DJ Matt Review - Cutting the cake
Profile Picture Melanie, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

We searched for a DJ and we were dissatisfied. Came across Sound Productions DJ & MC Service through a refferal. If you are looking this is the DJ you should hire. Matthew was awesome he works with you . Made it stress free. Great music and everyone had a great time.

Profile Picture Lynette and Mike, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

When booking a DJ for your wedding...this is your DJ! As a bride you have so much going on and planning to complete. Mathew helps keep you organized and makes sure on the day of your wedding you are not worrying about anything, but having fun and enjoying your wedding day. He helped make sure the wedding ran smoothly and the venue could run to him for questions. Our guests can not stopping raving about his music and how he kept us on the dance floor all night! Brides & Grooms this is your DJ! - Mr. & Mrs. Tony Jacquez

Profile Picture Stephanie , 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt Martinez helped make my wedding memorable. It ran smooth and flowed amazing. My guests loved the music variety. It was so relaxing to know someone else was in charge of the night and it would be amazing! He also followed up after to discuss our satisfaction. That meant a lot. Best DJ ever!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sound Productions did an exceptional job for my daughters wedding. Matt is a professional that is committed to making your event special.

Profile Picture A, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you for being apart of our special day last night! Matthew with On Sound Productions helped me and my now husband be able the create the wedding we were dreamimg about. He helped us plan each step of the way, guided us on how to make it move smoothly and easily. He knew exactly what songs to play when and made the evening magical and fun. He helped problem solve when needed and helped me to be able to just be in the moment and have fun knowing things were competently cared for. You can see his passion shine through as he works. He did our ceremony and our reception flawlessly. I highly recommend having him be apart of your special day too.

Profile Picture Gale, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you want your wedding day to be stress free when it comes to Entertainment then go with Matt Martinez. We also hired him for our rehearsal/Ceremony along with the dance and everything went smooth! Music is the most important thing at your reception and Matt knows how to keep the party alive. He was very professional, great attention to detail he knows his stuff! Thank you Matt for making our day one we won't forget!
Vanessa M.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Best. DJ. EVER! If you only read one line about this review, it should be to quote the pastor who officiated our wedding about DJ Matt: "It is refreshing to finally work with someone who is meticulous about the details". DJ Matt ensured the flow of our ceremony and reception of our wedding from start to finish. He was present at every moment, arrived early and ensured that everyone in our wedding knew their role so that it would go off without a hitch. Anyone looking to make their event flow perfectly, look beautiful, and have their guests have tons of fun and be talking about your event forever should book him NOW! He has years of experience that makes him great at what he does and more than that, can give you peace of mind, knowing that the day of your wedding will flow well not only because there is a plan in place but because you have someone who can ensure that your desires for the night are respected and followed, and can address any little issue that comes up-because he KNOWS how to handle it! During our reception we had his up lighting for the venue that truly transformed our room. It made our venue look more beautiful than it already was and created an ambiance and mood of class and fun at the same time. He went above and beyond his calling to ensure that everything was in place and that we would be free of any added stressors. When things changed and our table had to be placed too far from our table so nobody would see us cut it, he himself had the cake brought to us so that it would be in view and that we wouldn't be inconvenienced. He ensured our best man and maid of honor knew all of their roles so that they could help with the flow of the night. Our party music had everyone having a good time with even my wife's 81 year old grandma got up to dance with everyone. There was much fun and life at our wedding and I need to attribute it to the exceptional professionalism, expertise, and attention to detail by DJ Matt. I would want nobody else as a DJ!

Profile Picture Jesus, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The crew was great! They played the music we wanted them to play. They are extremely organized.

Profile Picture User6197811, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sound productions with DJ Matt was amazing! Professional and a nice honest guy! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same with anyone else. He took the stress completely out of the reception for us on an already stressful day. Best choice in New Mexico hands down!

Profile Picture Jon, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing DJ and fantastic help! Not only did all the guests staying dancing until the very end of the night but Matthew was a great resources for planning out the time line for the whole night. Would definitely recommend to anybody and use his services again!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

He was very thorough when planning my wedding and reception. He thought of every detail and made me aware of them. He helped me make decisions when I was stumped. He kept the flow going the whole night and kept all my guests involved. He did a great job.

Profile Picture Briana, 8/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Matt was overall the greatest DJ ever!! He organized my entire wedding from start to finish and always pumped Up The crowd never a dull moment. Our wedding venue completely had our room setup wrong and DJ Matt fixed it assured me That he will make it what we wanted! And he definitely came through our guest had a great time!!

Profile Picture Beatriz, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matthew was our DJ for our 200-250 guest July 2nd wedding. We were beyond impressed with his professionalism and extreme attention to detail. We met 1 on 1 with Matthew to plan out both our ceremony and reception. Not only were we provided with the music we wanted, but with a complete lighting set up, full emcee services, organizational planning and rehearsal, even some extra personalized features. By selecting Sound Productions DJ &MC services we were able to incorporate elements that made our event unique. We selected the option of the slideshow and texting services which allowed us to have a slideshow of personal photos playing as our guests were able to interact through a messaging service to wish us well and leave messages that popped up on the screen throughout the event. In addition to the messaging element we were able to honor my parents' 30th wedding anniversary with a special dance featuring their wedding video of their 1st dance playing simultaneously on the screen as they danced on our dance floor to their first dance song. Our event was full of challenges, like needing to have a bilingual English-Spanish MC, although Matthew himself is not bilingual he was able to give us exactly what we wanted by having a second person work our event alongside him. Matthew cares about his business and his clients, and he makes it his priority to do everything possible to make the event what his client envisions. Our wedding was organized and everything from the guest seating, to the grand entrance, to the buffet line, cake cutting, toasts, feature dances and last minute requests was cohesive and moved along smoothly throughout the night. Our guests were impressed by how organized everything was and how the event was a balance of two cultures that are not always easy to bring together in such a large event. Before making our DJ selection we had shopped around, but no other vendor compared to the quality and professionalism we found in Sound Productions.

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

These Guys were awesome. They sat down with us and went over every detail of the event. We had a lot of little things that we wanted and these guys made sure it was done in a good orderly manner. I would Highly recommend these guys to everyone. Thank you guys for making our special day perfect!

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I cannot tell you how nervous I was to hire someone I didn't know at all to basically control how my evening was going to go, but that all went away once I had my first phone call with Matt!! He is very professional and knows exactly what he's doing. He's very organized and well put together!! He knew what I wanted more than I did!! The day of he was on time, professional, calm, and kept things flowing the way I only dreamed about my day! I couldn't be more enthusiastic when I say "Hire, Matt from Sound Productions for your day!! You will NOT be disappointed!!"

Profile Picture Jessi, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I wanted to make sure we had a wedding to remember and that the day could be the best it could possibly be and thanks to Matthew Martinez, it was absolutely perfect. Matthew’s years of experience in the field make him the best DJ and I’m so glad we went with him and no one else. He helped us through every step of planning the best reception and is very detail oriented. He made sure we had all our bases covered and even taught us how to cut our cake to avoid making a huge mess. Matthew was a life saver and our friends and family still talk about how awesome our wedding was, over one month after it happened. If you want your wedding or event to be the talk of the town long after it is over, go with DJ Matt. He goes above and beyond to make sure you get exactly what you want for your event and he gets the job done and then some. Thank you Matt!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

DJ Matt was incredible. We booked him for our Ruidoso, New Mexico wedding and he was open to traveling without a bunch of crazy fees from Rio Rancho/Albuquerque. We had a couple facetime/phone calls to go over the flow of the reception and he was great with his input and with taking into account our idea for our reception. We had a very non traditional reception (no sit down dinner, minimal "wedding" activities) and he offered his advice in what he has experienced and also incorporated all of our desires. My guests were hard core dancers and we had a large variety of ages. DJ Matt had every single person (even non dancers) on the floor. Aside from people just being exhausted and taking a quick drink, our dance floor was never empty. All night our guests kept coming up to us and remarking on how he was wonderful and how the music was great. I can not say enough amazing things about him. You want your music to be spot on at your wedding, and DJ Matt is the way to ensure that. He is incredible.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Matt entertained our guests, diverted them seamlessly when my father could not be located for the father-bride dance, dealt with the weird requests of my newly divorced parents and was friendly to all of our guests. His DJ skills were tremendous in that we enjoyed his selection and taste, his variety, his organization and his responsiveness. Additionally, his sound system was perfect for the size of our venue. His true value, however, was in all the extra things he did to really make our day special.

DJ Matt is the only reason the problems with our event coordinator did not turn into a disaster. He did allow her to unilaterally serve dinner an hour early and skip our photo opportunity. He advocated for us and was assertive in sticking to the schedule we had provided to our photographer, guitarist, wedding party and guests. He reminded us that even if the hotel staff did not treat this like our once in a lifetime occasion, he planned to. He was a calm and supportive presence that helped us ignore the stress and enjoy our day. He was never needy or intrusive and orchestrated the flow of the event beautifully. He even brought some beautiful led lights to help make our space more romantic.

We will definitely be hiring him in the future! He was the best wedding planner we ever had. :)

Profile Picture Veronica, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

Matt was fantastic! About a month out from my wedding, I could not get a hold of the person that I had been informed that would DJ my wedding. Needless to say, I was in a panic to find a DJ so close to the wedding. I came across Matt here on wedding wire and because of the reviews I immediately hoped that he had an opening. Thank God he did! He was so helpful in planning the whole timeline of the reception. He was flexible when we realized we were running out time with the photographer and was able to get the cake cutting and first dance on camera for us! He did an amazing job of getting our crowd up and dancing for the entire night. I really enjoyed his song selections. I would highly recommend Matt for any DJ services!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC