Sound Junction, LLC Reviews

75 | Monument, CO

75 Reviews for Sound Junction, LLC

Gary did a wonderful job dj-ing my best friend's wedding. We were a little behind in supplying him with details for the music, but he remained calm and was ready to go regardless. He showed up to the venue early and had everything set up before the bridal party arrived. He payed attention to the type of music requested for both the ceremony and reception and did exactly as was asked. He also took requests and even went so far as to download a song on his phone so he could fulfill a dedication! He had microphones ready to go for the toasts and was responsive and checked in throughout the ceremony. Additionally, he seemed genuinely pleased to be attending the event and was personable on the phone and at the wedding. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Rachel · Married on 08/16/2014

Gary is the best decision you will ever make for your wedding DJ! I was unprepared, scatterbrained, stressed, and VERY late on getting him info, and he ROCKED IT. I am so grateful, and everyone has mentioned how awesome the DJ was. Please hire him, and you will not be disappointed. He made himself part of the day, part of the family, and I am truly grateful for how perfect my wedding and reception went... due in large part to Gary.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Lori · Married on 08/03/2014

Amazing!! We had only a short time to plan the wedding, and the Bride and Groom were so busy getting everything done they failed to put together a playlist. You, of course, had one already put together, took their suggestions, and everything came out perfect. Last minute (and I do mean last minute...) changes were made on the fly with no hesitation, and you even met us at the church to assist with a wireless mic to help the Pastor, as he had a touch of laryngitis, and could not speak up...what a lifesaver!! You were great to work with, we never even met you until the day of the Wedding, and you were just like another member of the family, working your magic to make sure the reception went off without any problems. The kids danced the entire time, and anything that was asked of you, you were right there to accommodate the situation. Thank you for all of your help, even cleaning up the leftovers!! We will certainly use your services again in the future! Maybe even another wedding next year....just found out my son got engaged this week. Surprise!! Thanks again for all of your help, you were fabulous! Lori.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Marian · Married on 07/12/2014

Gary not only played the music that everyone wanted to hear, but he was also a great MC and a very personable man. I recommend him very highly, no matter what the event. He is a true professional.

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • F

Francis · Married on 06/22/2014

Very good musical variety that appealed to all ages. Thanks!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Julie · Married on 06/21/2014

Gary was very good! We sent him just a few songs and from that, he created he perfect playlist for our entire wedding. He went above and beyond our expectations and we definitely recommend him for your event! Thanks, Gary

Sent on 06/23/2014

Everything was top notch. Easy to work with in the planning stages. Super execution. Didn't try to take over the festivities like I have seen other dj's do.

Sent on 06/09/2014

We had such a wonderful wedding and owe a big shout out to our DJ! Not only was he flexible but he was very attentive. He was nothing but professional and we owe you a big thank you. We appreciate you and will definitely be recommending you to others!
    Love,
    The Larsens

Sent on 06/07/2014

Tammy · Married on 04/29/2014

I have had the great opportunity to work with Gary Liebowitz of Sound Junction, LLC for several years at many events. It was always a relief to know when a wedding party or even a special event had booked Sound Junction as their DJ. Because of Gary’s vast experience, the music was going to be done right, pleasing everyone in attendance! Not having to worry about the music made my job that much easier.

Gary has excellent technical ability with the sound equipment and his personality always comes through when blending the music so everyone will be entertained. If you are looking for someone dependable to play music for your reunion, corporate event, holiday party, wedding ceremony and reception this is the DJ for you.

Gary is very professional and he has a great personality making it fun to work with him. His Sound Junction website makes it very easy to select the kind of music you like which gives you the peace of mind that your event will be portrayed just as you planned it.

As a wedding planner you have to make sure details are in order and it all runs smoothly. Sometimes the customer would ask for my advice on whom to use for the DJ portion of their event and I always recommended Sound Junction. This way I knew that we were going to have a memorable event with great music due to a DJ that knows how to please the customer.

Thank you, Gary for the many wonderful events you have DJ for me.

Tammy Jones
    Wedding Planner -Colorado

Sent on 04/29/2014

Deb · Married on 01/18/2014

Gary was awesome! He was the DJ for our daughter's wedding and we could not have been happier with his services. He met with the bride and groom to discuss music options, play lists and details on how they wanted the ceremony and reception to proceed. He was attentive and respectful of their wishes and he did a great job of keeping the reception moving at a nice pace. There was plenty of time for dancing and he made sure everyone knew when there was something coming up, such as cutting the cake or tossing the bouquet. The music was great and the dance floor was always full. Everyone had a great night and that was largely due to a great DJ. We would highly recommend Gary to anyone.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Erin · Married on 07/27/2013

Gary was amazing-he incorporated a lot of personal touches I didn't even think of. He was very attentive and was everything I wanted in a DJ. Thank you Gary!!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Jamie · Married on 07/14/2013

If you're looking for a DJ or MC, look no further. Gary helped us immensely at our wedding in July. I've never claimed to be a good party planner, so it was wonderful knowing that I had a trustworthy person to run the sound for our ceremony and music for our reception. He did an outstanding job with both of my sisters’ weddings and mine was no exception. As a musician and the wife of an audio engineer, I appreciated his exceptional professionalism, kindness, reliability, and wonderful work. I’m also in the hospitality industry, and I know how taxing it can be to participate in special events. He offered sincere care and attention to detail on such an important day. He also went to great lengths to make our day perfect, going beyond what was expected to help with details. He was truly a joy to work with, and I can’t give your work enough praise. I absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for help with an event.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Lynne · Married on 06/01/2013

Gary was the DJ at both of my daughters weddings and did a great job. Each of my daughters were able to choose the music that they wanted and people from age 2 years-old to 84 years-old had a great time at the receptions!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2012

Gary from Sound Junction did a phenomenal job at my sister's wedding, so we hired him to DJ our wedding without a second thought. He was a pleasure to work with, and did a great job. He went above and beyond accommodating all of my requests, and has a natural talent of reading/responding to the energy of the guests. Gary strikes a perfect balance between professionalism and fun!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Thank you Gary for making my son and daughter in law’s wedding reception a wonderful time for everyone. From the minute I saw you in the parking lot as we were coming in until the minute we said goodbye to you at the end of the evening you were gracious and friendly. Our family and friends complimented us on the music you provided and said the reception was so much fun. I loved it when you came out and joined us on the dance floor. You played a great variety of music and played lots of requests. You even played my request that I made when I met you months earlier. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you as a DJ to anyone I know planning a wedding reception.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Gary was amazing. There were several things that made out wedding difficult to DJ for; I was planning from another state, my husband is Persian so our reception music needed to be a mixture (my in laws provided music which he did a beautiful job of integrating into the reception), we had a very specific dance plan involving some acting on his part. I don't think we could have picked anyone better. The website made it so easy to select/exclude songs, he was always available for discussion/consultation, he was very professional and an excellent DJ as well as MC for our wedding. I referred both my sisters to him for their weddings too!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Steve · Married on 07/02/2006

Gary was absolutely phenomenal! We met him to go over our song list and he gave us a few ideas to ensure everything flowed well. His pricing was very reasonable and when we had some last minute changes, he was flexible and rolled with it. I highly recommend Gary and Sound Junction!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Gary Liebowitz was a wonderful DJ at my husband and my wedding. He showed up on time, played the music we wanted and even added some songs in that was sure to make everyone dance. He wasn't annoying or corny as a DJ, but very respectful and fun. I would definitely recommend him to do anyone's event.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Nice guy, did a great job keeping us on track and getting us through the events of the evening

Sent on 07/12/2017

Barbara · Married on 10/11/2014

Gary provided great dj service at my daughter's wedding. From our first contact to the last dance he was respectful, responsive, and a true professional! Gary has developed an awesome online tool which allows the bride to develop "must play" lists and "please don't play" lists. This makes it super easy to hop online and add a song or two to the list at any time.
    Another great characteristic of Gary is his great sense of timing. He kept our event moving perfectly! He worked very independently; he knows his stuff, once I got finished with the ceremony and arrived at the reception I was finally able to sit back and relax for the rest of the evening, it was just wonderful! Thanks again Gary!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Gary was great to work with! He was super easy to get in touch with, and very helpful the day of. The music he chose during dinner was exactly what we asked for. The only downside was that a few of the songs on our "Absolutely please play this!" list were not played. Also, the incorrect version of our first dance was played, when we know we wrote down the correct version on our form. To us though, those were two very, very minor things in comparison to the great job that Gary did. We would absolutely recommend him to other people!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Chris & Malorie · Married on 06/15/2014

Gary was awesome! We thought we had all the songs picked out for our reception- but totally forgot entrance songs and others. He recommended great songs and we were all good!
    Since we got married on Father's Day- it was important that after our first dance, I surprised everyone with a Father/ Daughter dance- not just for me (the bride) & my Dad, but for others in attendance. Gary did an amazing job announcing the dance- and everyone thought it was so cute!

We would recommend Gary for events!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Madeleine · Married on 10/09/2016

Two weeks before our wedding, we received word that the original DJ we hired was unable to make it to our wedding after all. This situation had the potential to be very stressful and frustrating, but Gary stepped right in and saved the day. His service at our wedding was fantastic. He was personable, professional, kind, and clearly experienced. We highly recommend him, without hesitation.

Sent on 11/03/2016

3.0

Great to communicate with and work with, but didn't feel like things flowed through the reception how I wanted them to. Let songs play for way too long - why do we have a DJ if he isn't going to read the flow of the room? Didn't feel like many of our requested songs got played...and we had a special cousin dance that we had told him about before, but when it came time communication didnt happen well and the timing was rushed, music started to early, and because of this no one was able to get a good video, focus was not on the dance, etc. Bummed about that. Cake cutting was thrown in, and no one even knew it was happening, no focus on that. Did a decent job but I wasn't super impressed.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Sound Junction, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your response Nicole! I e-mailed you to let you know what happened with the special cousin's dance and to address your concerns but have not heard back from you.
    I worked closely with your wedding coordinator and cousin throughout the planning process and during your wedding day. We made arrangements where she would tell me when everyone was ready for the dance. She came up to me during the reception and asked me to "play it now", and after it started, she immediately asked me to start the song over because everyone wasn't ready. I played the song at the exact time I was asked, so I'm not sure what else I could have done. I e-mailed her about this after I read your concern and she verified that she did tell me to stop the song and restart it and that she would talk to you about it.
    I played most of the songs on your list, but also put in other songs that were requests by bridesmaids, family members, and guests. During our planning meeting, I asked if you wanted me to stick with only your Must Play List or if you wanted me to honor requests…you told me to take requests. I do read the dance floor and if I see people dancing and enjoying themselves, I usually play the entire song, especially if it's a 3-4 minute song. When I was asked by you to not play entire songs in order to fit more songs into the evening, I did just that. I also played more of the songs on your list after you and Bryan departed 45 minted early. I'm not sure why you think the cake cutting was thrown in....I transitioned from the toast straight to the cake cutting like we discussed.
    I really do appreciate feedback because I do take pride in what I do. I now ask my clients during the planning process if they want me to play entire songs during the reception or to only play part of the songs. So far, everyone has asked me to play the songs in their entirety.
    I wish you and Bryan much happiness and prosperity in your new life together.

Kellie · Married on 10/16/2016

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

After meeting with several DJs, we chose Gary due to the great price he offered. His personality and knowledge of music was great! We met several times to discuss approach on style and details, and leveraged his easy to use website for playlists and schedules. The day of the wedding, Gary showed up early to set up the ceremony space (outdoors). However, we did have a few concerns throughout the day from that point forward. As I was descending the stairs to join the ceremony, Gary came up and asked if we wanted the instrumental version of the precessional song, or the one with words. While I appreciate the willingness to ask, the timing of the question implied he had not planned ahead. Also, immediately following the ceremony, he stepped in to our bridal party group to ask about the set up for reception – we had an outdoor cocktail hour planned, and he wanted to know if we needed a 3rd set up for music to be heard outside. This also came across that no coordination had been done with the venue coordinator, to determine the best set up for our event. As the day went on, Gary was noted to be away from the booth frequently taking pictures and videos on his own personal device, and approached me a few more times with questions (i.e., where are the best man and maid of honor for the toast, did you still want the memorial song played, etc.). My husband’s brother and another guest noted that Gary was not very receptive to requests - disappointing as we had told Gary he could play anything guests requested if it was not on the “Do Not Play” list. We were also disappointed that he did not invite guests to get cake; we had tons of cake leftover, and several comments by guests that they didn’t know it was time to go get it! At the end of the reception, Gary stopped us to ask about final payment, which we had mailed him several weeks prior and received his confirmation of receipt. Overall, interactions were professional and positive but day of activities could be better.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Sound Junction, LLC's reply:

**I asked you if you wanted the instrumental version of a seating music song since you did not specify the artist like you did for other songs on your Planning Form. Also, I asked when you were coming down the stairs to have pictures taken with your bridesmaids, not right before the ceremony.
    ** I asked if you wanted the system used for the ceremony moved to the front lawn where guests were playing games as a courtesy for you. You told me it was not necessary. Setting up an additional system is not up to the venue.
    ** I frequently take photos and videos, something that is outlined in the contract you signed. I often send a highlight to the bride and groom. During the reception, your bridal party was often outside or at the bar doing shots. I don't see a problem with me asking where the best man or maid of honor are when toasts are about to begin and they're nowhere to be found. As for the memorial song, there wasn't a single guest or member of the bridal party in the reception room the last 30-45 minutes of your reception. They were either on the front porch talking, in the bar, or on the lawn playing games. I knew that song was important to you, so I asked you if you wanted me to open the doors and play it loudly so people could hear it outside.
    **I played several requests throughout the afternoon. There was a time toward the end of the reception when some additional requests were made, but I politely told the gentlemen making the requests that I would not be able to accommodate them since I had to play some of the songs on the bride and groom's "Must Play" list, including the memorial song and your last dance song. I did make an announcement that guests could get dessert from the pastry towers at the cake table.
    **I forgot to document final payment. I was not rude in any way and all I asked was for you to double-check. When I got home, I went through my emails and I found the one I sent telling you I received final payment. I'm sorry about the confusion.