Sound Investment DJ Service Reviews

Rating 4.6 out of 5, 20 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
    Amanda Married on 12/16/2017
    Kirk was great!! He even drove an hour to meet with us before the wedding to go over everything and make sure he knew what we wanted. We gave him a lot of music requests, and he found a way to fit them all in. He also read the vibe of the crowd and added in a few songs that went over really well. He helped us out when our timeline went a bit astray, and stayed calm through it, working with the other vendors seamlessly. Very glad we chose Kirk Michaels to DJ our wedding.
    Agnes Married on 08/10/2013
    We hired Kirk from Sound Investment to be our DJ for the wedding and he was amazing!! He is so laid back and easy to work with! Since I was really busy, I lagged a bit in terms of getting back to him with what we wanted/didn't want, and he was completely chill about figuring everything out with us last minute. We got so many compliments after the wedding about how great our DJ was and his price was unbeatable! I definitely recommend Kirk for any of your future events, not just weddings!
    Alison Married on 06/15/2013
    They were amazing and went out of there way to make our big day a dream. Unlike most Djs he was very interactive with all of us and the guests he was amazing I would use them again.
  • krismusfur
    Christopher Married on 09/06/2010
    We had Kirk as our DJ and could not have been happier!!! He respected our do not play list and played every single song on our Must play one. Our guests started dancing right after our first dance and DID NOT STOP. He was a great MC he got everyone’s names right. We had a little drama at our reception which caused intro to be changed and he handled it with professionalism and took a lot of the pressure off of us!
    Noelle Married on 05/01/2010
    Kirk Michaels was terrific!! My fiance and I planned our CT wedding from California, so we did most of our vendor interviews over the phone. We got to NY about a week before the wedding, and Kirk wanted to meet us in person. At the time we didn't think that was necessary, and seemed low on our list of priorities for that week. How hard can it be to play songs that we've requested, right?? Well, Kirk is extremely professional and insisted on meeting us in person before the wedding, even offering to drive 2 hours to my parents house in NY. So my mom and I met up with him and I am so glad I did. He is so organized and thorough. He got to know my mom and I and got a feel for our families and style. He had also done work at The Fox Hill Inn before so he was extremely helpful in just giving me a rundown on what to expect with the layout and how the night would flow. He was also available by cell phone the remainder of the week when i had last minute requests. And then of course....the wedding. He did a superior job!! Everyone danced the entire night and repeatedly people told me it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. The music flowed so smoothly, and Kirk not only listened to the requests of myself, my mother, my mother-in-law, etc....but even through in a few surprises based on what he learned of me and my fiance through our quick meeting. I couldn't have been happier. I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding day, but if I were to do it again, the first thing I would do (besides pick my groom) would be to hire Kirk Michaels as my DJ and set up a face to face interview!! Good luck to you future brides and grooms, your wedding day truly is the best day of your life!!!
    Deanna Married on 12/07/2009
    Helpful with different ideas, professional and easy to work with.
    Amanda Married on 08/09/2009
    We LOVED Kirk from Sound Investment! He was the perfect DJ for us. He got everyone up on the dance floor early and they stayed there all night. Out wedding was amazing and Kirk was a big part of that success. I highly recommend Kirk Michaels and Sound Investment.
    Melissa Married on 06/17/2007
    Kirk was very accomidating. He even drove from CT to where my husband and I live in MA to go over the last minute details when we couldn't make the drive to CT. From many at teh wedding (including a few who were recntly married) they said that it was the best selection of music played at a wedding.
  • Lara
    Lara Married on 07/21/2012
    Kirk from Sound Investment was our wedding DJ, and he went above and beyond to make sure that our experience, and in particular our guests' experiences, would be memorable, personal, and fun. We met with Kirk a few times before our big day so he could get to know us, and we had access to a really useful website where we could choose our must play, do not play and nice to hear songs really easily and on our own time. The cost was really reasonable and Kirk did more than just play music at our wedding. He used his radio experience/personality and offered great ideas to engage our guests throughout the reception, he played music beautifully for our ceremony, he attended our rehearsal just to be sure everything would run smoothly, and he took pictures and video throughout the night to share with us the next day. Kirk did one thing that stood out to me as really caring about what he does, beyond what you would expect from a DJ... As I waited in my bridal suite nervously for the ceremony to begin, Kirk showed up at the door with a video on his phone of a personal message from my groom. This was his idea and was totally unexpected and really appreciated. Kirk has a quirky personality but is truly professional and our guests (and us) were on the dance floor all night, I recommend him highly for any big event.
    Sarah Married on 09/23/2017
    Kirk Michaels was awesome to work with and was the perfect DJ for our wedding. We had several older relatives so he made sure to play songs for all generations so everyone felt included. He was great at announcing things when necessary and running the show to make sure each event flowed smoothly. Nothing felt rushed and things came together nicely.
  • W
    Wendi Married on 07/11/2009
    Sound Investment was GREAT! Kirk had EVERYONE out on the dance floor, even the people who "dont dance". He had a few surprises even for us that made the night even more fun. He was very accomodating, a lot of fun and very good at what he does. I definitley recommend Sound Investment!!
    A Married on 11/08/2008
    I was very happy with Bill Trotta. He did a great job with getting everyone involved and everyone had a great time. ALl of my guest keep telling me they had a wonderful time.
    Kimberly Married on 05/12/2007
    Kirk Michaels was our DJ and was great with coordinating the music with us. His company uses an online library with thousands of songs, where you have your own password and you can pick out songs that you want played and songs you don't want played. He offered good suggestions and kept our guests dancing. We didn't want any organized dances or tacky costumes and he complied. We have no complaints about Sound Investment.
    Jude Married on 05/28/1995
    A professional group that assists in all the planning of the music for your "Big Day". Helps remove the stress of it all!!
    Kelly Married on 07/05/2018
    Kirk Michaels is the man. We met Kirk at a bridal show and he was able to quote us what we felt was a very reasonable quote for uplighting, photobooth, dj for ceremony and reception, as well as a personalized uplighted monogram. We had a Greek American wedding in another state about 2.5 hours away. When we met with him to sign the contract, he was true to his word and we signed for the same amount- half the price we'd been quoted by other DJs who also asked we pay for mileage, gas, lodging, etc. Kirk was always responsive via email or text. We met with him twice more. He did his homework for sure...created a custom uplit logo for us which was also utilized on our photo strip for the booth, he picked up some extra photo booth props that went with our theme and even did a site survey without charging us for anything extra. We found this remarkable since he was pretty much a one man show. He showed us what the uplighting, etc. looked like before the wedding to ensure we were all on the same page. He was able to obtain a serious amount of detail about our family and friends in a short meeting. We didn't realize what he was up to until the night of our wedding when he did an indescribably awesome job using those details to get everyone out on the dance floor and to keep them there. We could have used an extra hour of dancing...and this coming from a group that is typically shy! At the end of the night, he handed us a USB with all our Greek and English music, as well as all the photos from the photobooth and some add ons...including a group shot he facilitated of everyone out on the dance floor! I've worked with very popular local DJs in the very recent past and I can say with confidence that there is a huge difference between a DJ and a true master of ceremonies. Don't expect a great party if you hire a DJ that will play music but doesn't know how to speak to or work a crowd. Expect a great party if you hire Kirk Michaels, the ultimate MC!
    Katie Married on 04/26/2014
    Kirk from Sound Investment did a wonderful job at our wedding! We had a small wedding about 80 people in a huge ballroom and he was easily able to keep the party going. A few people commented afterwards about what a great Dj we had.
    My only concern during the planning process is that there was a couple of instances in which it took Kirk awhile to get back to us. His response was that phone worked better for him then email but shouldn't it be what works better for the client since we're paying him for a service? Other than that he was great to work with and I would recommend him to others. You can't beat his price. Thanks, Kirk!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 04/09/2017
    We used Kirk Michaels of Sound Investment for our 4/9 wedding. We met 3x prior to the big day. Kirk has some great ideas, responds very fast to email, and overall did a wonderful job and kept us on schedule. My only issue was the short notice on our final meeting, thankfully my now husband was able to meet and go over final details as the week of our wedding my schedule was too busy and I did not have much notice. Everything was wonderful.
    Melissa Married on 04/12/2008
    Service was what we contracted for - the DJ staff was very flexible with our requests for special music for the ceremony and the special dances that we wanted. The DJ acted as Master of Ceremony and tried to involve as many guests as possible in activity dances. Even the 82 year old uncle and 89 year old Great grandmother were on the dance floor. He reacted to the guests activity level and kept things moving along.

He wasn't over the top with his theatrics. I think he created a fun atmosphere while maintaing a level of dignity that the day warranted.

• Annmarie
    Annmarie Married on 08/20/2005
    His website was very helpful in being able to listen to different songs. He worked with us in creating a special melody after the precession.
  • W
    William Married on 07/19/2008
    Starting out, I was very confident in Kirk (one of Sound Investment's "master DJs"). We met with him a little less than a week before the wedding, and he seemed like he really knew what was going on, and was ready to get the job done for us. Then, on the day of the wedding, we were just not impressed. As far as the MCing went, he was about average. My main problem was that we started a bit late, and the first thing he did was come up to us and tell us all about how we were late, and that he was just going to have to rush through things. This was unnecessary, and did nothing but stress my bride (not helpful). We made very few requests, but on one of them he freaked out and cut the song because noone was dancing...as far as we were concerned it didn't really matter (our guests were eating, and my wife had planned a special dance for the song). All in all he ignored some of our requests, made some situations awkward, and tried to push our reception along at the cost of our enjoyment.
    Bottom line, Kirk did ok, but certainly not above average. I had really high hopes, and then they fell flat at the reception. Still, not a bad choice for the price, and he was certainly nice as we prepared for the event.