Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

274 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

Erin · Married on 04/13/2013

We used Sound in Motion for our wedding on April 13th and it was one of the best decisions we made.
    We had met with another DJ/DJ service prior to meeting DJ Matthew Cope, and the best way to describe the difference in our meetings is this; other DJ = Denny's on Kid's Eat Free Tuesday's; DJ Matthew = Ruth Chris Steakhouse with a complimentary bottle of Cristal. Within 20 minutes of meeting Matt, we knew that we were heading in the right direction. We had brought our 2 year old (who, by the way, wasn't feeling well) with us to the meeting, and while going over our questions and his questions, made every valid attempt to make our daughter smile. My wife and I had never worked with a DJ so we had a lot of questions. Matt was very knowledgeable and made it very clear that we would always be available throughout the planning process, for any questions we might have. We communicated a lot through email and we was always quick to respond. Later in the year we found out that we lived within 5 minutes of each other so he made sure to let us know that if we wanted to meet for anything or wanted to talk, we could make himself available. At our final meeting, he made sure to go over every detail (even the ones that we may have missed). He let us be in control of the type of music that was going to be played, as well as offering suggestions if we seemed stuck. Matt made our wedding ceremony sound so beautiful. The reception was great. He was a great MC and the guests really seemed to take to him well. He spoke with my wife and I on many occasions to see how we were doing and asked if there was anything he could do for us. We was just so attentive and reassuring to every detail.
    If we EVER need to use a DJ service again, we will definitely go with Sound in Motion. And there is no doubt that we would request DJ Matt Cope. I hope h

Sent on 04/23/2013

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group's reply:

You ladies were such a delight to play for. I was honored to be a part of your big day!

john · Married on 03/02/2013

Thank you DJ Kaveh and Sound in motion for giving us such a memorable reception. The music choices were perfect and you kept the party going on all night. Even when things were veering a little off schedule, you reeled it back in so quickly and efficiently and kept things flowing and we can't thank you enough for that.

DJ Kaveh was so personable and made it so easy to work out all the little details beyond just the reception.

We recommend him and Sound in Motion highly and we look forward to working with them in the future

Sent on 03/19/2013

Laura · Married on 02/23/2013

Kevin from Sound in Motion was our DJ for our wedding last month. He was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. He was a big help throughout the wedding planning process. He was responsive to emails when questions came up and also made helpful suggestions for specific song selection and day-of scheduling.

We had high expectations for Kevin as a DJ, but he went above and beyond what we were hoping for. He showed up early the day of and everything ran smoothly from there. We wanted someone to be an MC for the event and make sure we stayed on track, and he fulfilled this role perfectly without being cheesy at all. When it came time to dance, he created the exact party atmosphere we wanted. He played the types of music we wanted and perfectly read the crowd to keep everyone on the dance floor.

If you're looking for a friendly, professional DJ who knows how to create a great party, then Kevin is the DJ for you!

Sent on 03/06/2013

David · Married on 02/16/2013

Matt Cope was the DJ for our February wedding in Sonoma. He gets an A+. He spoke to us as often as we asked, to review every detail of every song for our ceremony and reception. He is flexible, organized, and easy to get along with. He is extremely personable, and no matter what stress we were undergoing during the wedding, talking to Matt was always a light-hearted conversation that would turn our mood around (even in times of other wedding crisis!) He is a joy to talk to, work with, and be around. He is warm, professional, experienced and talented. I would recommend Matt to all of my closest friends and family. He made our evening such a special event.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Adrian and his crew were great to work with. We found these guys on the recommended list by out venue and then realized they also were the DJ's for the 49ers. So, of course they were a must because how cool is it to have the DJ's for the 49ers DJ your wedding...very cool. They did a great job with all the sound, the djing and the live music. They also did the lighting which just made out event that much better.

Sent on 12/13/2012

If music and dancing are important to you then you MUST use Sound in Motion. Raffi and his team couldn't be any better. They are fun, easy to work with, and awesome! If I ever have a party that we need music for I'm going straight to Sound in Motion. I will also be telling all my friends and family that Raffi is the man they want to work with. He had a great selection of music and had amazing suggestions when we weren't sure what song to choose. He definitely kept the party going!!!!

Thank you Raffi and Team!!!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Meggie · Married on 10/14/2012

We had Matt from Sound in Motion, and they were great! :) They met with us way ahead of time so we had a good idea of what they would need to build a great song list for the ENTIRE wedding (not *just* the dancing part!) They were great about checking back in, and helping us create a soundtrack for our wedding that REALLY represented US, and not just the common, run of the mill wedding. We couldn't be happier. Well priced, on time, super professional. Start to finish.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Even though I hired Sound in Motion for a work-related fundraising event, given the exceptional quality of the service they provided, I'd definitely hire them for a wedding or party of my own!

Hiring DJs for fundraising events can be tricky, especially events that are casual, but family-oriented. We booked Sound in Motion to provide sound equipment, music, and emcee’ing service for our JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes at Great America on October 7, and the most consistent feedback we’ve gotten (other than people excited to raise funds for a cure) was how great the music and DJ were.

Our emcee Nick was fantastic: he had a great attitude and energy, and he rolled with our many last-minute changes and requests seamlessly. We heard so much positive feedback about his handling of our announcements, music, etc- I think the "Gangnam Style" dance off was also a huge hit with our kids!

Their handling of pre-event details was also amazing- I can't believe how it easy it was to get that last-minute certificate of insurance, get across our special requests, etc. And as Sound in Motion predicted, the volume level was great- we heard compliments about that from people who had complained last year about the sound.

Everyone agrees that the mood and spirit at Sunday's walk was awesome- I'm sure much of that has to do with Nick and Sound in Motion- thanks!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Sara · Married on 10/06/2012

For our wedding, I was looking for a sound system for an outside wedding, a DJ for the cocktail hour and reception, lighting for inside the tent, and a photo booth. Needless to say I was a little overwhelmed. However, when I called Sound in Motion, they had all of these services and more!
    Four our wedding, we had the joy of working with Raffi! He was/is so personable, creative with ideas, and a good listener. Once you set up a contract you then get an "Event Planner" that you fill in online. This is your consultation form that you fill out with your wedding details and music desires. This is a great option because you can do it at your leisure and can change and modify information up until your wedding.
    During our wedding outside, the sound was perfect for all to hear and the music was played exactly as I wanted. For the reception, he was able to make changes to the announcement of names for the bridal party at the last minute, started the dancing with one of my requests, and then mixed in great music along with other songs we loved! Needless to say, the dance floor never lost steam, and I am still getting compliments from guests on how much fun they had dancing.
    The photo booth was also a success! They brought props along with the booth and I had guests waiting in line to take photos! I am still laughing at the copies that my husband and I get to keep from our guests. We also used the pictures as our party favor because we could put our names and wedding date at the bottom. Guests loved this idea!
    Obviously we love Sound in Motion! They covered all our wedding wishes and helped make our day very memorable.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Carolyn · Married on 09/29/2012

Matthew Cope from Sound In Motion was our DJ for our wedding last September and we are ashamed that it has taken us so long to leave a review for him. We had an absolutely seamless experience and offer the highest recommendations!

We really had no clue how to approach the process and Matthew knew just the right questions to ask to help steer us in the right direction. He was highly organized and clearly knew what he was doing. We had a questionnaire to fill out and two Skype calls during the planning process - all of which eased our stress! He not only helped with the music but also the general timeline and flow of the reception. I don't know how we would've done it without him!

Most importantly, we and our guests had an amazing time - the music was great and our friends and family are still talking about what a memorable evening it was!

Sent on 06/15/2013
  • User2047156 · 2+ years ago

The services that our DJ Andrew Rivas provided for our special day was outstanding. Our spread out venue and our wedding timeline had a lot of moving parts that Andrew was able to grasp with such ease and professionalism. Additionally, his sound, lighting and DJ expertise made the day go by extremely smooth. We were so happy with the services that Sound in Motion provided to us!

Sent on 10/10/2012
  • User2193079 · 2+ years ago

Read the crowd perfectly and everyone was dancing. Thank you!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Chris · Married on 08/25/2012

Matthew Cope at Sound In Motion was fantastic! Always willing to please, he worked very hard at making sure everything was to our satisfaction and, most importantly, that everyone had a phenomenal time at the wedding. We had a difficult layout and timing to our ceremony and reception and Matthew worked seamlessly to provide all the necessary equipment and make it all flow beautifully. He MC'd with professionalism and class, and played awesome music! Our guests didn't want to leave the dance floor and I can't remember that last time I had that much fun at any party. The system that SIM has in place helped a great deal to narrow down our choices and get us on the same page so the day went smoothly. We did everything ourselves and couldn't be happier with our choice of Matthew and Sound In Motion! Thanks Matthew, we had a blast!

Sent on 09/07/2012

I can't say enough how thankful I am to Kevin with Sound in Motion for being our DJ! It was our belief going into the wedding that the DJ was one of the most important vendor decisions we had to make because they basically run the show when it comes to the reception. The reviews for Kevin were outstanding and I couldn't wait to meet him. Our initial meeting went very well and we had no doubt that Kevin was our guy!

As the wedding got closer our communication with Kevin increased. We had a detail meeting about 6 weeks out to go over our timeline and our vision for the wedding. We gave Kevin ideas of what we wanted to play but in the end we told him we trusted him, as it was his profession, that he would do a great job reading the room on what should be played and when.

As for the wedding day I can't say enough about how great Kevin was. The ceremony included music in which it was perfectly played on cue. During the reception Kevin did a great job introducing our bridal party, speeches and instructing guests on necessary information. The highlights of the night were how Kevin got the entire dance floor filled from the first song to the very last song. He did a tremendous job mixing up the music to fit all age groups as there was a wide range attending our wedding. Even with this there was never a dull moment once the dancing started. Kevin did a great job even listening into each speech that was given and as the night went on he made playful jokes referring back to the speeches. This is something that showed me that he was having a great time as well throughout the night.

I can't tell you how many people have asked me since the wedding, "Where did you find that DJ" and "I've been to a lot of weddings and he was by far the best DJ I've heard". Whenever I hear this it makes me so happy and I really am thankful for Kevin with Sound in Motion for making our wedding day the best ever!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Jayme · Married on 08/04/2012

Our dj (& events coordinator) for our wedding was DJ Matthew. He did an AMAZING job! He was so very helpful through all the planning of the reception (assisting us with planning the timeline of events, making suggestions to the timeline, working with us on our playlist of songs and more). He was always responsive to our inquiries & always made us feel like our wedding reception was his top priority! He did an amazing job mixing the music, keeping the party going and making timely announcements during the reception. (Reminding people to sign our guest book, check out our engagement video, etc.) Upon our arrival to the reception site, DJ Matthew was there to meet us as we exited our limo to extend his congratulations and go over our entrance to the reception. The music playlist was just what we wanted and he incorporated our suggested songs & the mix of music was perfect! The dance floor was packed thanks to his amazing talents & this bride danced the night away...all thanks to DJ Matthew. I can't say enough good things about his services & I recommend him without hesitation to anyone looking for a great DJ. DJ Matthew really made our reception the amazing success that it was!

Sent on 08/30/2012

As far as we are concerned, Adrian Cavlan has got to be the best DJ in the area. He was wonderful to work with. He really listens and gives you and your guests what they want. Our dance floor was never empty. He went above and beyond our expectations. It's been over a month since our wedding at Chaminade SC. and our guests continue to make comments on how much fun and how great the music was. Thanks Adrian you are awesome!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Sound in Motion is great! We had Henry as our DJ. He was extremely professional, accomodating, professional, and pleasant to work with. He really made out reception better and accomodated the wide variation of guests we had attending. Honestly, my husband and I didn't care too much about the finer details of our wedding, and we left a lot of it up to Henry. It was perfect.
    We also got a photo booth from sound in motion. If this is at all something you are considering DO IT! It legitimately was the highlight for most of our guests. We had grandparents to little kids in there taking goofy pictures. It was great. It also absorbed any potential down time, like during pictures, and kept the guests entertained.
    I would very highly recommend Sound in Motion. You aren't going to find a better company.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Sound in Motion is AWESOME- Raffi was our DJ, and we highly recommend him. He is very genuine and does a wonderful job, great energy!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Christie · Married on 07/21/2012

Matthew from Sound in Motion did a phenomenal job with our wedding. He was super helpful during the planning process. He accommodated all our special requests for ceremony music. He went to great lengths to make sure that the music at our reception reflected our tastes and personalities, while also gauging the crowd and selecting the perfect songs at the right times to keep the party going. Thanks to Matthew, our dance floor was full of energy all evening long. Family and friends are still telling us what a great time they had.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Really enjoyed Matthew and his style in music and demeanor

Sent on 08/27/2012

Alexis · Married on 07/14/2012

Matthew Cope was a huge help. He even made sure that we kept in touch, even when we were feeling overwhelmed and had forgotten. He made great suggestions on how to come up with music for the wedding reception and ceremony. We and our guests had a great time! Set up at the wedding was completely trouble free. We were able to concentrate on our own tasks getting ready on our wedding day. He was a joy to work with!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Robert · Married on 07/08/2012

When looking for DJ's for our wedding we hear lots of great things about Sound in Motion. We met the owners at the Santa Cruz Wedding Faire and were impressed with their professionalism and accessibility.

Once we hired them we found out that the event manager of our site loved the service they provided which made us feel great. Matthew Cope was assigned as our DJ for the event and he was extremely helpful during the planning stages of our wedding. He listened our ideas about what we wanted for the event and had some very helpful suggestions about how the event would flow. We felt very comfortable with the DJ services when we were done with the planning meeting.

SIM had a very helpful event planning website available to us once we signed our contract with them.

On the day of the wedding Matthew was very professionally dressed and he did an excellent job the entire day. He helped us make some last minute decisions, like our entrance song and it was perfect. When we got down to dancing later in the evening everyone had a great time. Matt played a great mix of music, that everyone from the kids to our parents enjoyed. It was hands down the best party I've ever been too. We've received many compliments during and after the wedding regarding Matt's services.

I would definitely hire Sound in Motion and Matthew Cope for an event again.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Jamie · Married on 06/23/2012

Kevin was our DJ from Sound In Motion. He was awesome and easy to work with! We were very pleased with his professionalism in helping us get our music selection organized for our reception as well as the fabulous uplighting in our ballroom. Kevin was very flexible and came out to our hotel on several occasions to meet up and finalize our wedding plans. I would definitely recommend DJ Kevin from Sound in Motion! He knows his stuff for sure and makes you feel confident on your BIG DAY!

Sent on 07/28/2012

Jo-Anne · Married on 06/02/2012

I want to say thank you for providing a GREAT DJ for my daughter's 18th birthday party. Ross was set up ahead of time, equipment worked beautifully and most of all, he played music that the kids LOVED. They danced, and danced, and danced for four hours. Ross really made the party. It was a really great night and Ross was a big part of the reason.

This was my second great experience with Sound in Motion.

Thank you very much.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Lori · Married on 05/26/2012

We hired Kevin and Sound in Motion because we had attended an event where he DJ'ed....we were so impressed with the Kevin and his "run of show" that we absolutely had to use him for our wedding. Kevin made our wedding a memorable experience. I highly recommend Kevin and Sound in Motion.

Sent on 07/11/2012