Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

274 | Scotts Valley, CA

274 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

We had Max Paradise as our DJ and he was fantastic! He kept all our guests dancing, listened to our requests, and was very flexible with our scheduled time line. He also made announcements to remind our guests to sign the guestbook, witness the cutting of the cake, and had a assisted with the flow from speech to speech. He appeared young, but he was so professional and we loved his attitude. He was more than accommodating to what we wanted and my friends loved him (they love to dance and at the end of the night they all had to take off their shoes).

Sent on 10/28/2013

Christina · Married on 10/12/2013

Loved SIM and Adrian! Got a TON of compliments on the variety and the mix of the playlist. We had worked together to build a great playlist that kept people dancing all evening. His MCing was understated and perfect for our event. Will definitely use SIM again if we have the need!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Erica · Married on 10/05/2013

My fiance loved Raffi the moment we met him and there really was no other choice for a DJ for our wedding this past weekend. Raffi was wonderful to work with from the beginning and was able to manage my fiance who wanted to talk "tech" to me just caring about good music and a great time. I've never seen so many people on the dance floor so fast at a wedding or stay on the dance floor till thee very last song. From music for my teenage cousins to the "young" at heart in the room Raffi played something for everyone. The lighting was added a wonderful element to the evening. Thank you Raffi for helping make our day AMAZING. I just need it to be groundhogs day and me able to relive the night as a guest.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/05/2013

We used Kevin from Sound In Motion to DJ our wedding. He was amazing! From day one you could tell how much he loved and understood music. He was able to guide us to some great selections for specific parts of our wedding day.

Our ceremony was on a hillside so Kevin brought a battery operated speaker set up which worked great! Everything went off without a hitch! My husband is Lebanese so we wanted to play some traditional Arabic music as well as a wide variety of American. Kevin seamlessly wove the Arabic hits with everythign from Sinatra to house music later in the evening.

We had an amazing time! Quality was exceptional and service too. Kevin was always easy to reach, friendly and helpful. Hands down we would use him again :)

Sent on 12/08/2013

Kier · Married on 09/28/2013

We selected Sound in Motion, specifically Kevin O'Scanlon, for our September 2013 wedding at Dawn Ranch Lodge in Guerneville at the recommendation of our wedding planner (Downey Street Events). Kevin was outstanding. From the moment we met (twice in advance of the wedding) to the end of the wedding "after" party, Kevin put us and our guests at ease and did a fantastic job. During the planning process, Kevin walked us through his role, got to know us and our style/musical preferences, and was genuinely interested in understanding our goals for the wedding and its ambiance. We provided "key" songs for the reception, but Kevin did the rest, reading the crowd, playing our guests' requests, and he kept the party going with 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and even 70 somethings dancing into the night.

Kevin also provided the sound/amplification for our wedding ceremony and we had no issues/trouble whatsoever. He set up a standing microphone for our two readers and had a lavaliere microphone for our officiant which was strong enough to pick up our voices as well.

We would highly recommend Kevin and his team for a wedding or any event!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2013

Kevin with Sound in Motion was a fantastic DJ! We chose to move forward with him as our DJ after meeting with a couple of companies because we could tell that he really understood the vibe that we were going for right away and was very familiar with the music and songs we threw out there, no matter how niche. Other DJs we met with we could tell were not familiar our first song, for example (The Only Exception by Paramore), and would just download it, but Kevin’s vast music knowledge really impressed us. I imagined having to specify what songs I would want my DJ to play throughout the wedding, but Kevin made me feel like he had it covered.
    The day of the wedding Kevin and the team of videographers and photo booth all showed up on time. The videographers were great and the assistant who manned the photo booth was very helpful and professional. We just received the video back and the videographers got every important moment, no matter how big or small or spontaneous- they got it all.
    But by far, the music made the wedding. Excellent indie/folky rock (think Mumford and Sons and Iron and Wine) mix during dinner, as requested, and the dancing hours were the highlight. Once the dancing started, it didn’t stop until the venue kicked us out. Modern dance music mixed with some MJ plus a really great impromptu Spice Girls and N*SYNC appearance that got all of my girl friends pumped up.
    Ever since our wedding, our friends and family cannot stop talking about how great it was and by far the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to. Couldn’t have done it without Kevin and Sound in Motion!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Maria · Married on 08/31/2013

Kevin and everybody at Sound In Motion were flawless; they are undoubtedly a well-oiled machine. From the first meeting I knew we didn't need to research any other DJ. They were informative, flexible, accommodating, on top of everything, organized, caring, fun, professional, experienced, and simply the best. Kevin always listened intently to our requests and executed them perfectly. After our first meeting, Matt and I knew we got along very well with Kevin and that he'd take care of us, we knew off the bat we were in great hands and he was going to keep the party going at our wedding reception. What we appreciate most about Sound In Motion, especially Kevin, was their eagerness to exceed their clients' expectations. His suggestions were always spot on with what I had in my head, he truly cared about making us happy and not giving us anything to doubt or worry about leading up to and on our wedding day. For instance, our First Dance teacher asked if we could cut our song. I asked Kevin for help and had the edited version emailed to me within a day or two. Not to mention, the parts he decided to cut turned out better than what I had asked! He's like a DJ god! He is awesome and throughout the night guests kept raving about how our DJ and his song selections and timing were perfect! Then there was the photobooth print-out design - I suggested a change and within minutes he created exactly what I wanted! I can go on and on but it will just sound redundant. I danced for the 49ers Gold Rush Cheerleaders for three seasons and I didn't even put the two together until I was at Fan Fest my last year (2012); we were getting ready to rehearse at Bud Light Plaza and there was Kevin doing his thing! So you see, Sound In Motion is already very reputable and has the expertise to provide great music and entertainment for any event or occasion. Bottom line is, if you need a DJ, photobooth, lighting and/or ANYTHING else, Sound In Motion is the only company to contact.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2013

Hello,
    Sorry this review is so late!

1) Please tell us what we did really well for you:
    We loved Matthew Cope. He had our guests dancing the entire night (our reception went from 3:30-10:30). Our guests were from age 16-89, and every one of them danced. He made our wedding flow so smoothly and was great at timing our events and making sure we didn't fall too far behind. He was patient, and he was able to control the guests when we needed to. He did so much more than play the music; he coordinated the entire event and took care of any problems or issues we had. Matthew was fantastic in every way!
    We also used their videography service. The picture and sound quality is amazing. It looks like a real movie and the best part is That my husband and I didn't even notice the videographers were there. They were very discrete, knew what to videotape, and were very professional. I definitely recommend Sound In Motion.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2013

Matthew Cope was an awesome DJ. Not only did he have our guests dancing for over 4 hours, he helped organize and coordinate our entire reception. Matthew was very flexible, professional, fun, and knew which songs to play and when. We had multiple guests coming up to us during and after the wedding telling us how much fun they had dancing. We could not have been more pleased with Sound in Motion. We also went with SIM for our videography, and the quality of the video is amazing. The cameramen were very professional and we barely even noticed they were there. We absolutely recommend Sound in Motion, especially Matthew Cope!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Andrew & Valerie · Married on 08/04/2013

We had our wedding in Carmel Valley and hired Kevin O'Scanlon to DJ and be Master of Ceremonies. We were impressed and grateful, it was absolutely seamless. He was responsive to emails, felt he was absolutely on top of it, and really followed our direction.
    He met with us a month before the wedding (came to our apartment) to get a feel for the kind of music we wanted which resulted in a fair bit of homework! ie: music groom will walk to, music bride will walk to, music we would leave with, cocktail hour music, dinner music (when eating), music to dance to... It absolutely paid off - we gave him a rough idea of the type of stuff we wanted played and he was then able to fill in gaps - and he nailed it. Aside from that, he was supportive, positive, totally prepared and ready to roll for whatever was asked of him (flexible when we introduced things last minute...like the "shoe game"). I have no experience with other DJ's but I am skeptical that they would be this complete, professional, capable, and thorough.
    There is really nothing negative I could say; it was completely seamless. And we're so thankful for that because the wedding (planning, prepping, etc.) was just about as stressful as everyone said it would be!
    In 10 years we'll throw another party and we'll be looking for you Kevin!

Sent on 12/06/2013

christine · Married on 07/20/2013

I found all the staff at Sound in Motion so helpful and responsive to our concerns, questions and wishes.They were all so awesome every time I called.Ross was our actual DJ for the wedding and having been through the DJ scene a few times he was beyond refreshing.So personable, so genuine and just a joy to work with and have throughout the day of the wedding.I could not recommend a better DJ for your special day.He doesn't make the day about him, he doesn't let the guests rule the music, and he follows the flow of the day beautifully.You want a perfect DJ that will make your event the best ever, hire Ross Efaw!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Caitlin · Married on 07/20/2013

Sound In Motion was an amazing choice for our wedding. Raffi was awesome!! We had so many compliments on the music during both our ceremony and reception. I was so happy that we found someone who really understood that this was our wedding, and they were there to make the day perfect. Raffi played exactly what we had asked for and kept the night going with the perfect vibe. I would never use anyone else for an event!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Tyler from Sound in Motion was an amazing DJ and emcee for our wedding. When my husband and I were deciding whether to hire Sound in Motion, Tyler took the time to meet in person at a coffee shop near our apartment. He also then met with us a month before our wedding to discuss all the details including the sound system and microphone needs for our beach wedding; the music for the ceremony, reception, and dance; and overall wedding schedule. Because of this, my husband and I were confident that everything would be perfect. Tyler is a true professional and delivered beyond our expectations. The sound system was flawless and all our guests could hear our ceremony despite the strong winds on the beach. Tyler was also a wonderful and articulate emcee, and we have had numerous friends and relatives compliment him and ask where we hired him. We had a bit of a Hawaiian theme to our wedding and we even had some guests ask if he was a friend or relative of ours because Tyler had a laid back and warm vibe which fit perfectly with our wedding. The music was exactly what we had in mind, and Tyler incorporated our suggestions as well as the requests by our guests, and everyone stayed on the dance floor until the very end. While we can’t speak about any of the other DJs at Sound in Motion, we would recommend Tyler without hesitation.

Sent on 09/15/2013

I was given a glowing recommendation to King Raffi at Sound in Motion. When I called and spoke with him we found out he wasn't available for our wedding date, however, he recommended Kevin O'Scanlon and we COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER!!!! My wife and I are 49er fans and we found out that Kevin is the DJ at Candlestick Park for 49er games and he DJs at 49er events.

He was super flexible and available for meetings with us, too. My fiancée was in Southern California while I was in the Bay Area, so we would schedule meetings when she was up for visits. Kevin would meet us near my job during my lunch hour to talk about details. We weren't super organized with our song choices and Kevin had perfect suggestions for everything.

On the wedding day he nailed everything. We had an outdoor ceremony, he came and set up all the sound equipment and got the officiant mic'd up. Our cocktail hour was up the driveway from the ceremony on a deck right outside the banquet hall where dinner and dancing was to take place. Kevin had plenty of music for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, all at the PERFECT volume for the circumstances. He kept the crowd dancing and read the room perfectly all night long. I would DEFINITELY recommend Kevin/Sound in Motion for a wedding!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2013

I can't recommend Sound In Motion highly enough! Our DJ was Nick. From the start they gave me a great price, and worked with me on every detail. They miced our ceremony and live music for during the ceremony and a dance at the reception. Nick kept the pace going as we were running behind schedule, but never made us feel rushed. He played all the songs we wanted, and did a great job at feeling the room to keep people dancing! And so many people danced despite the fact that is was a warm afternoon wedding! You will not be disappointed with them!

Sent on 07/22/2013
  • Y

Yang · Married on 07/01/2013

We had Adrian DJ our wedding at the Westin St. Francis. His music was a perfect complement to our wedding. Before signing anything he was the only DJ willing to sit down with us to discuss what we wanted. Everyone else required something in writing before meeting us face-to-face. He also helped us during the planning process and was very hand-on.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Great service! They were so much fun to work with! Everyone was up dancing!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Martha · Married on 06/22/2013

Matthew Cope was the DJ for my daughter's wedding and he was terrific! He was very organized before the event, taking note of the songs requested by the bride and groom and discussing our timeline in detail with us. There were no unexpected issues for us and he surprised us with a really fun dancing entrance into the event by all the wedding party. Matthew was very professional, has an awesome speaking voice and generally orchestrated our wedding reception to make it a really fun party. I would highly recommend him to anyone planning a party! Happy Mother of the Bride

Sent on 08/30/2013

Adrian made our wedding day come together so nicely. He took charge of the situation, but made decisions based on my approval. I had many dreams prior to the wedding that the dance floor was empty and nobody was dancing. But, come actual wedding day, the dance floor could not have been big enough. Adrian had everyone on their feet and the party went well into the night. Thank you Sound in Motion!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

James · Married on 06/08/2013

Adrian from Sound in Motion is the BEST! He is a consummate professional. Please allow me to address each category to fully explain how awesome Adrian really is:
    Quality of Service: Adrian was the first vendor to show up, he was dressed in a tuxedo, and he kept to our wedding flow impeccably.
    Responsiveness: I never went 24hrs without hearing from Adrian, he was kind enough to send, and resend information as needed. He even met with us at 8pm at night until 10pm at night just to make sure we were good to go for our big day.
    Professinalism: Adrian's public speaking/MC ability was amazing. He almost sounds like "bruce buffer," ("lets get ready to rumble...") as his voice is very calm, smooth, and well adjusted to speaking in large rooms in front of large crowds.
    Value: The amount of money we paid Adrian was nothing compared to the amount of experience and value added services Adrian was able to provide. He is not only a DJ, Master of Ceremonies, Lighting Engineer, Sound Engineer, but he is also a highly adaptable, well rounded, dynamice individual. I would use Adrian for ANY upcoming event that I have.
    Flexibility: If you can think it up, Adrian will make it happen. The words NO and "We can't do that," are NOT in his vocabulary.
    Just remember, your event will only be as good as the vendors that you hire, so when choosing a DJ service, I would definitely consider meeting with Adrian @ Sound in Motion to plan your next event! He is seriously an awesome guy!

Sent on 06/28/2013

My husband and I got married on May 31, 2013 and we had Sound in Motion for our DJ services. Not only was Adrian extremely professional, but he was amazing to work with! We got married in Santa Cruz, but we were from San Diego so communication was all phone and email. Adrian also set up a Skype conversation so that we could "meet" prior to the wedding. He helped us out so much with the wedding planning. He gave us GREAT suggestions and helped us with how to make sure things went smoothly. The actual ceremony music was flawless (even with the editing that had to be done) and the reception was AMAZING! I didn't think that with such a small group the dance floor would be used to much.. but Adrian got EVERYONE on the floor!!! He even let my 7 year old nephew sing into the mic! One other amazing thing that he did was last minute day before the wedding he had to edit a video that my dad had put together. Apparently he had to completely reformat the video and spent hours on it! The wedding was perfect and I owe a big thank you to Sound In Motion, and more importantly a HUGE thank you to Adrian!! If you are looking for a DJ for your big day or for any special occasion, I would highly recommend Adrian Cavlan!!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Linda · Married on 05/31/2013

Adrian incorporated many special request songs as well as recordings; he also assisted us in reformatting a video we made that we simply could not get to work outside the original program on the computer! What a whiz!
    Adrian, we could not imagine my daughter's wedding any more special because of your personal involvement, sweet giving attitude and professionalism!
    Thank you for making this day so very special and memorable!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2013

Adrian and Raffi from Sound In Motion are awesome! They genuinely care about their clients and have excellent customer service. I'd definitely recommend them for your DJ needs.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2013

First, just in case you think this is a review for DJ services only, we had not only the DJ services, but a photobooth, sound system for the ceremony, mics for performers during the reception and a slideshow screen and projector. They provided it all.

Our DJ Andrew was great...so easy to work with and was able to meet with us in the San Jose location (where we live) rather than our having to drive to their Santa Cruz location (which is closer to where we had our wedding). He was very professional but very easy-going and great to work with. He had a lot of helpful suggestions and was great with finding some of the wacky music we wanted played during the reception. He made sure all the special songs/dedications we wanted were done, the timeline was kept (but not in a rigid, bad way...a non-interfering good way).

The photobooth was a great hit with our guests and we had a thumbdrive with all the pics and an album immediately from them. It was great fun to look at the album while we were on our honeymoon. There were some really fun pics captured.

They supply props for folks to use in getting their pics done and the machine does two strips of three photos per session....so your guests can take one and one goes in the album. We had a little thank you note, our names and the wedding date down at the bottom so the photos could be the favor that everyone took home with them (because then it was something they created, had fun with and wanted). It was a great hit!

The sound for the ceremony, reception (we had several singers/musicians attending so they would perform at random), and the music for the reception were awesome! They did a great job using the music we indicated to build a play list that we and our guests loved. We got so many compliments.

Thanks Sound In Motion!!!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Ashley · Married on 04/27/2013

Sound in Motion was one of three DJs that I contacted for my wedding. Sound in Motion was the ONLY company that actually responded!

I initially talked with Ross who was just amazing! He got back to me, was incredibly informative and just an overall friendly/professional guy. I never felt pressured to make any fast booking decisions, and he never made me feel as though my business wasn’t important to him. He made an honest effort to work with my budget and I really appreciated that!! (THANK YOU ROSS!) We then ended up booking with Adrian!

When I met with Adrian I was so pleased because he was so personable and professional. He listened to what we wanted, and he took the time to give valuable suggestions to make our day better. Come close to the wedding he actually followed up with me. I know that might sound weird, but it seems like now days the client really has to keep up on the vendors, and it was the opposite. Adrian was on top of it and also flexible with deadlines for music (ceremony, dances, etc. ).

Come the wedding day… Adrian and Sound in Motion were on time, dressed appropriately, energetic and geared to go for the wedding! Everything we requested for ceremony was accurate and played as requested. Reception dinner jams were perfect! Reception dancing was INSANELY amazing!!!! When we first talked with Adrian we told him that we wanted a dance party, and he delivered!
    I actually had to take a 15 minute break during the wedding to try and recover! Friends then, and now (4 months later), were telling me that we had the best dancing at a wedding hands down ever!! They were even sore after! Ha! It was so much fun and Adrian read the crowd so well!!! It was literally perfection! I couldn’t have asked for better music at my reception!! (THANK YOU ADRIAN!!!)

Basically what I’m getting at is that I promise if you go with another DJ you will not be as pleased as you will if you book Adrian and Sound in Motion!!! So book with them!

Sent on 08/05/2013