Sound In Motion Entertainment Group Reviews

273 Reviews for Sound In Motion Entertainment Group

1 User photo

Sound In Motion Entertainment Group 1

Jamie · Married on 07/19/2014

We had Andrew and he was AMAZING. Listened to everything we wanted, and also brought some great ideas to our meeting together. He was timely, responsible, and great with the crowd. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Andrew was WONDERFUL. He was lively, responsive to any requests we had - keep us on track for the evening. My daughter (the bride) was thrilled with him. EVERYONE was dancing, laughing and having a great party.
    During dinner and the toasts - Andrew was right there with a microphone for speeches. He was so good, you didn't notice he was moving about so quickly - just seamless.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Sam · Married on 07/11/2014

Matt Cope was very easy to work with. He did a great job and all of our guests had a wonderful time.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Alyssa · Married on 06/14/2014

Kevin O'Scanlon from Sound in Motion was by far the best!! The DJ was a very important component of the wedding for my husband and I - we want a celebration with great music and dancing. Kevin kept the dance floor packed the entire night, and for us, that was a huge success! Additionally, Kevin was great through the whole planning process, very responsive, and fun to work with! If you good music, and a fun time at your wedding for all of your guests - call Kevin!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Steve · Married on 06/14/2014

My wife and I got Married 6/14/14, and we hired Sound In Motion as our DJ, and MC for the night. We had an absolutely great experience. We planed a lot of the wedding ourselves, and we never once had a stressful moment when it came to hiring, or communicating with SIM. Our DJ Andrew Rivas was extremely organized and communicative. SIM also has a great online event planning software system, that made choosing music, and setting event ques very easy. We got married at the Brazil Room in Berkeley, and Andrew took the time to scope out the venue prior to our event because he had never worked there before. The day of the event SIM new exactly what to do, and did not add any extra hassle to the Day of craziness. When it came time to dance, Andrew did a great job picking songs that really played to our crowd. Overall, SIM totally exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 01/10/2015

Kirsten · Married on 06/14/2014

I cannot stress how amazing Sound In Motion was not only the day of my wedding but also beforehand. We were sent a very thorough survey to fill out so that they could find out what we were looking for. Then Nick called my husband and I and walked us through the entire night. He had already read the answers we gave to the survey and then helped us with the things we were unsure about. He was open to everything we wanted (and we had a kind of weird request for the garter toss which he was totally onboard with and helped us make it even better.) and patiently answered all of our questions....and we had quite a few.

The day of the wedding he made sure to check in with us and talked to our bridal party to make sure he had all of their names right, before he announced them. He made sure to keep the evening on track and played all of the songs we had put as must plays. Everyone said how much fun they had at our reception. We danced all night and had a great time.

I think a good DJ is an essential part of a wedding and Nick and Sound In Motion were not only good they were great. My wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without them.

Sent on 01/17/2015

We loved Adrian from Sound in Motion! He was easy to work with before the wedding, and did an awesome job on our wedding day. His music choices were perfect and he got all of our guests up and dancing right away and kept them dancing all night! I highly recommend working with Adrian!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Cindy · Married on 06/01/2014

This is the second time we have asked Sound in Motion’s Raffi Nalvarian to MC and DJ a wedding. Sound in Motion is easy to work with – everything is online and highly organized. And Raffi is the consummate professional! He helps everyone feel comfortable, makes introductions and unobtrusive announcements with ease, and has the experience to make real time recommendations that optimize time, improve event flow, and enhance the overall experience. He gets the party started, keeps it rolling, and at the end of the evening, everyone wishes they could stay and party with Raffi all night long!

Sent on 06/07/2014

We really enjoyed working with Kevin during our May wedding this year. He met with us twice in person prior to the event, which made me feel comfortable that we were on the same page and that he understood the vibe we wanted. He kept the day moving smoothly and was on point with all the details from names to timing to our favorite songs. Most importantly, the dance floor was packed the entire night! Guests of all ages, from pee-wees to oldies, got their groove on and we have the videos to prove it! We highly recommend Kevin - his professionalism, attention, and genuine demeanor would be a great fit to any event.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Tonya · Married on 05/31/2014

We got married in May 2014, and were SO happy we decided to book Sound in Motion. Nick Conforti was the perfect match for us. He did a fantastic job with the timing of music for our ceremony, as well as song selection for our cocktail hour and reception. He spent time getting to know us and made sure our wedding reception would have a good balance of music our guests could dance to and music of me and my husband's taste. The online planner Sound in Motion uses is also extremely helpful, and Nick made sure to get every song that we requested onto their database. Nick was easy to reach via email, he arrived early in the day to be sure the ceremony and reception sites were set up properly for music, and really helped the whole evening run smoothly. We definitely recommend!!

Sent on 02/07/2015
  • User4198491 · 2+ years ago

Adrian Cavlan was an excellent DJ. He was warm & friendly, and at the same time very professional. We would certainly use him again at another function. He honored our request for "quieter" music, but still had all the guests up and dancing.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

Raffi was the DJ at my wedding back in May, and my husband and I are still talking about how amazing he was. He really listened to everything we wanted and made sure it happened on our special day. His transitions from the first dance, to the speeches, to the open dancing were seamless, and the dance floor was full all night. Raffi is the best and we are so happy with our decision to have him be a part of our wedding!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Adrian and his staff were so easy to work with, we felt like we were working with friends.

Sent on 01/08/2015

I had a great experience with Sound in Motion! We meet at the office with Nick. He was very professional and got to know what we were interested in. He took notes too! I liked that so I knew he would remember us and what we wanted.
    At the wedding, he was set up and very professional. The music was exactly what we wanted! He was also very flexible and accommodating when at the last minute my husband wanted to change a song to surprise me.
    I highly recommend Sound in Motion to all future couples!
    They also do videography and photo booths, but we did not use these services.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

Kevin was amazing at our wedding. He worked closely with us to establish a great playlist and took all of our suggestions into consideration. There was never a lull in the dancing, and it was such a great mix everyone from my teenage cousins to my 80 year old grandfather wanted a copy of the songs. Would totally recommend him!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Denise · Married on 04/05/2014

I am an event and wedding coordinator in the Bay Area. My go-to company for entertainment is Sound in Motion. Raffi, Adrian and their staff are consummate professionals and always provide the best service possible. All of my clients have been extremely impressed and satisfied with them. When the occasion arose for me to hire a DJ for a personal event, Sound in Motion was the only company I considered.

Kathleen · Married on 03/29/2014

We had Kevin DJ our March 2014 wedding in the Santa Cruz mountains and would hire him again in a heartbeat! He was very responsive and professional from the outset, and did a great job of establishing clear expectations on both sides as we got closer to the wedding day. And then, when we got overwhelmed in the last few weeks and totally flaked on providing our "must play" list, he flawlessly put together an amazing set of songs that had everyone dancing the entire night. We had guests saying all night that it was the largest percentage of wedding guests they had ever seen all out on the dance floor.

Kevin was very friendly and easygoing, and was really interested in getting to know us over the course of our couple meetings before the wedding. Having never planned a wedding before, there was a lot of chaos on our end, but I had complete confidence the entire time that our DJ situation was covered. It also poured rain on our wedding day, adding additional logistical challenges (including multiple cars stuck alongside the muddy mountain roads), and Kevin didn't miss a beat. On top of doing an amazing job with the music, he was punctual, professional, and an all around excellent choice as our wedding DJ.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Katie · Married on 03/14/2014

Do yourself a favor and hire Sound in Motion- more particularly, Kevin O'Scanlon! Kevin is by far the easiest vendor I worked with while planning my wedding. He was extremely responsive to my emails, accommodated & kept my budget in mind, and took the time to have a phone conference with my husband and I (we are from out-of-state) to get to know us and learn about the kind of music we liked, the feel we wanted for our wedding, and also gave great advice about what he's done in the past. We were married and had our reception at the City Club of San Francisco, which just so happens to be where Kevin was married. He was able to give great advice on things that worked well at his wedding specific to the venue. Definitely not something he had to do since he was providing DJ services as well as some lighting, but it was extremely helpful and much appreciated. The evening of our wedding went just about as perfectly as I think it could go. Kevin acted as our "MC/host" throughout the night and kept everything running smoothly. He played music during our ceremony, transitioned our guests from cocktail hour to dinner efficiently without being pushy, served as our MC and introduced our wedding party, as well as those that were making speeches during dinner, transitioned everyone from dinner to the reception, and kept all moments on track (announcing cake cutting, first dances, etc.) throughout the course of the night. I didn't have to worry about forgetting something because we had worked out timeline out with Kevin and he stuck to it 100%. He has a great personality and is lots of fun. A true professional. Realize that not everyone has the ability to capture an audience, be likeable and funny, and deliver exactly what was promised...Kevin can do all those things. He was BY FAR one of the best and most professional vendors I worked with. I would recommend SIM and Kevin to anyone that's looking for a company that values its reputation and delivers on its promises. Thanks, Kevin!

Sent on 09/03/2014

David · Married on 03/08/2014

We got married in March 2014 at the San Mateo County History Museum in Redwood City. Our DJ was Kevin O’Scanlon from Sound in Motion, and we couldn’t have been happier with the experience. Kevin talked with us on the phone, and then we met with him at the Sound in Motion office. He spent a lot of time listening to what we were looking for in a DJ, what type of music we liked, and what kind of atmosphere we wanted to set at each stage of the evening.

Sound in Motion provided us with online forms to specify songs we both wanted and didn’t want, along with general genres that were available. In addition, they also provided an online form that acts as a timeline for what will happen when, and who will be involved. That was very helpful for getting all the details of the day planned out.

About a month before the wedding, Kevin scheduled another meeting with us to go over the specifics of the music and the flow of the wedding day. One of the real benefits of using Kevin and Sound in Motion is you get not only a great DJ, but a very professional emcee for the event. Kevin kept things running, but was also flexible enough that when dinner ran a bit long, he adjusted on the fly.

Kevin’s music library is enormous, as you would expect. The atmosphere was perfect, from the classical guitar pieces while people were arriving, to the crooners during dinner, to the expert mixing of classic rock, top 40, and slow dance music for the remainder of the evening.

Kevin is exceptionally professional, knows his craft, and is very helpful through the planning process. It was nice to know that the music was completely under control with all the other decisions being made in the months before the wedding. We were extremely pleased with both Kevin and Sound in Motion. We highly recommend them for your wedding or event.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Brandon · event on 02/23/2014

Raffi and SIM were an incredibly professional service that provided fantastic DJ'ing for a last minute birthday. Pricing was fantastic and Raffi's song selection was spot on with what the hostess had requested. I would definitely recommend them and will be utilizing them in the future myself!

Sent on 02/28/2014

Melissa · Married on 02/22/2014

Our wedding was on 2/22/14 and we had Mathew Cope as our DJ. We couldn't have asked for a better guy to help us with our music! Not only was he very informative, but he gave us fun and perfect music choices to go with what we wanted at our wedding! For all the couples looking for a DJ, this is the way to go :) you won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 02/27/2014

Shari · Married on 12/07/2013

Raffi is absolutely the best! The whole process of working with Sound in Motion from start to finish was so easy and stress-free. The staff there is so responsive and professional. Meeting with Raffi to discuss my choices for my ceremony music was so much fun and my fondest memory of my year of wedding planning. At our reception, Raffi had everybody dancing: toddlers, parents, people who say they don't dance! He played the best mix of music. We heard nothing but compliments from our guests afterwards. The music makes the party and Raffi truly delivered for us.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Nick is awesome -- he was professional, is a great MC, and got everybody out on the dance floor (and kept them there)! He put up with our crazy song requests and even explained and had our guests play a complicated version of Rock Paper Scissors from the Big Bang Theory TV show. We were really surprised and happy that so many people danced, all the way until the very end. Our reception was on-time the whole night, too!

Sent on 12/11/2013

I can't speak highly enough about Sound In Motion and Raffi. He is a warm, fun and friendly person who will help make your wedding MAGICAL!! The DJ helps to set the tone of your special day. Raffi did a wonderful job with everything and helped create the BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!! I would recommend him 100%!! We haven't gotten our video back, as it is still too soon, but we are super excited to see how magical that will be as well!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

We had Max Paradise as our DJ and he was fantastic! He kept all our guests dancing, listened to our requests, and was very flexible with our scheduled time line. He also made announcements to remind our guests to sign the guestbook, witness the cutting of the cake, and had a assisted with the flow from speech to speech. He appeared young, but he was so professional and we loved his attitude. He was more than accommodating to what we wanted and my friends loved him (they love to dance and at the end of the night they all had to take off their shoes).

Sent on 10/28/2013