Sound Entertainment Productions Reviews

43 | Bettendorf, IA

43 Reviews for Sound Entertainment Productions

Taylor · Married on 08/11/2018

We absolutley loved Sound Entertainment Productions! We met with a lot of DJ's for our wedding and fell in love with Kasey right away. Kasey was amazing and had great ideas that will make your wedding unique. Our guests were complimenting all night on how great he did! He kept the party going and got everyone on the dance floor. We highly reccommend going with him!

Sent on 08/24/2018

james · Married on 05/19/2018

5 out of 5? Without going over the top, Kasey was absolutely great! He get's 10 out of 5 in my book. In all of our pre-wedding meetings Kasey brought ideas to the table that no other DJ that we interviewed brought. They tended to be more "tell me what you want and that is what you're going to get" types. Not that it is bad, but Kasey went the extra mile and gave us suggestions on how to better streamline our reception that went off without a hitch! Get a few things out of the way right away so everyone can enjoy the night! He customized our 1st dance song along with the Mother/Son and Father Daughter dance that brought tears to quite a few in attendance. Oh, almost forgot. He also kept the dance floor pretty full, even with people that refused to dance normally, all night! Would I recommend Kasey to others? I would recommend his services 8 days a week. We couldn't have been happier with everything he did for out wedding. To those out there looking for a DJ, Call and make sure you can get Kasey.

Sent on 05/29/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

Everything about the DJ was great. Very friendly, outgoing, personable, and all of the above!!!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Kasey was truly wonderful! We were looking for someone who had unique ideas when selecting a DJ for our wedding, and we definitely found that in Kasey. Him and his wife, Emily, had so many great ideas during our first face-to-face meeting. Not only that, but they were both very sweet and easy to talk to. They were also very accommodating. Our wedding was in the QC, but my husband and I lived in the Chicago suburbs, so a few of our meetings had to be through video chat. Another fantastic thing was that we got a detailed timeline of the reception events about a week before the wedding, and Kasey walked us through it to make sure we were good with everything. The day of our wedding, everything went perfectly, and Kasey was a huge part of why the reception was such a hit! Every time I looked towards the dance floor, it was packed, and the music selection was great. We've received so many compliments from wedding guests about Kasey's work. Do yourself a favor, and book Sound Entertainment Productions for your wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Sydne · Married on 05/27/2017

Kasey and Emily are absolutely THE best!! They made planning such a breeze and our night absolutely incredible!! Our guests we're up dancing all night long with the great selection of tunes. I couldn't have imagined having anyone else "run" our night... HIGHLY recommend them!! ?

Sent on 06/12/2017

Jordan · Married on 04/01/2017

Kasey and Emily were extremely tentative to what we wished and hoped for for our reception! Couldn't have picked a better duo to make our dream evening come to life! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2016

Kasey and Emily were honestly the best! They made not only the DJ aspect of our wedding more fun and easy, they made the entire planning process better! We were able to meet several times before our big day and were able to contact them anytime with any questions or concerns. Kasey and Emily were also incredibly creative and gave us suggestions that my husband and I would probably have never thought of. I highly recommend Sound Entertainment Productions for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Alex · Married on 05/07/2016

Kasey provided master of ceremony and DJ services for our wedding ceremony and reception in Iowa City. We highly recommend Kasey; he and his wife were wonderful to work with. Throughout the planning process and on the wedding day itself, they always focused on making the ceremony and reception reflect our personality, interests, and wishes. They offered guidance based on their past experiences, but they also listened to our thoughts and ideas and helped shape the event accordingly. Their services include more than just song selection; they helped put together an itinerary for the event, they coordinated directly with our vendors, they helped plan and manage the flow of the evening, and they paid attention to details in the planning process and on the wedding day to help ensure that we had a special event. (Their song selection was quite good though, too, as we had guests of all ages on our dance floor all evening!) They focused on getting to know us and what we were looking for in our wedding; we had multiple phone conversations with them, and they even made the drive to Iowa City on two separate occasions to meet with us, once to scope out the venue and to plan logistics, and on another occasion to grab dinner with us and to discuss a number of planning items. Furthermore, they helped lessen our burdens by working directly with our ceremony musician and other vendors, and they even did some song editing to help make our first dance song perfect. They were very professional throughout the entire process, and were always willing to go above and beyond to help our wedding go as planned. We didn’t hire a wedding planner, so it was very helpful to have them keeping an eye on things. In the planning process, Kasey informed us that they had cut back on the number of events that they work, so that they can devote more attention to those for which they are hired. We were so happy to have them help at our wedding, and we always felt like we could trust that they wo

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 04/23/2016

We felt like a DJ can make or break a wedding, and were so happy with the outcome from Sound Entertainment Productions. Kasey and Emily were so fun and easy to work with. We were able to meet a few times before the wedding, contact then whenever we had questions, and bounce ideas off each other! Kasey came up with lots of creative ideas and suggestions for the reception that made things run perfectly! I would highly recommend them for anyone in the area!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

Kasey provided so many unique ideas from the grand entrance to our different take on the traditional dollar dance. He was very prepared before our wedding and made sure our entire reception was taken care of. I would highly recommend his services to anyone who wants a professional, very fun, creative, and responsible DJ.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Kasey · Married on 08/15/2015

Kasey and Emily were AMAZING! If The DJ is one of your main priorities ,ours was, they are they way to go! They not only helped us with just the music they truly helped us with so much more! They directed the whole wedding so we had nothing to worried about!! Through our meeting they truly got to know us to help make our wedding the perfect day ! They have fun and unique ways to do things if you want your day to be special and to get the guest involved! Couldn't have asked for a
    Better day and they were a huge part of it! Everything will be perfect with Kasey and Emily by your side!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Megan · Married on 05/23/2015

Kasey did a fabulous job helping my husband and I plan out our reception. They are great at coming up with ideas that are different and unique. His wife also was a huge help and they make a great team. We had a couple of planning sessions before the wedding, which meant a lot to me because they took time to really hear out our ideas and come up with suggestions on how to make our special day a success. Kasey had my husband and I come up with fun facts about our wedding party for the introduction into the reception. Our wedding party really enjoyed hearing what we wrote about them and our guests were having a lot of fun hearing them also! There was a lot of laughing! The shoe game was a big hit and our guests loved it! I highly recommend doing the shoe game to show how much you two really know about each other! I was worry free at the reception because Kasey was in control and kept things on schedule. As for the music.....my family and friends couldn't stay off the dance floor! He even got some older ladies on the dance floor and I was shocked! It was a blast and I am so thankful we decided to go with Sound Entertainment Productions.

Sent on 06/04/2015
  • Jess

Jesse · Married on 05/15/2015

Kasey and Emily were absolutely fabulous to work with. They didn't just show up the day of our reception and play music; they spent a lot of time beforehand getting to know us and putting together a reception that worked best for us. They made an awesome schedule to keep everything moving and Kasey did a great job with the MC duties. Our taste in music is a little off of the mainstream, and Kasey didn't just say, no I can't do that... he made sure that he had the songs we wanted available. All in all, a great job!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Randy · Married on 10/04/2014

Kasey & Emily were absolutely fantastic to work with! They really care about their customers and making sure the wedding day goes flawlessly..and ours definitely did. They provide great early planning, easy to use worksheets and online planning resources, good communication, and leadership during the event which helped out tremendously. The couple's experience really shows during the pre-meetings when they come with great ideas and advice that helped us through the uncertain early stages of planning. Kasey is great at reading the crowd during the reception also and making sure to play the right music to keep everybody on the dance floor! I would recommend Sound Entertainment Productions to ANYONE planning a wedding in their area. You won't find any better value for your money!
    Thanks guys!!
    -Randy & Sarah

Sent on 12/03/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

Anything I say on here is not doing this couple justice! Kasey & Emily were beyond our highest expectations... On the way to meet with them for the first time my husband thought it'd be dull conversation... Just telling what music we want there how we want the night. Blah blah. It was so much more we all threw out ideas and laughed and talked about things we didn't know we had in common. Before we knew it we were there for over 2 hours! When we left we were so confident in them they knew exactly how we wanted our night and knew our personalities. When our wedding day finally came they had everything set up. My favorite part if the night was Kasey introducing our wedding party and families into the reception. It was absolutely amazing. He had us give info on each person and had everyone laughing! Not only that... We are also pregnant and had been keeping the sex from our families we discussed this with them and they came up with the idea of doing a newly wed game with a twist. At the end of the game he asked us if our baby was wearing boots or heels?? He had the families screaming! He can read a crowd and make people stay on the dance floor by DANCING with us! They go above and beyond. My parents and a lot of our guests were deaf. That didn't stop them from learning! When I got to my rehearsal they were there and had "you tubed" nice to meet you in sign language! If that doesn't touch you I don't know what will. Everything went so smooth on our wedding day thank you to them. I'm sure there is so much more I'm forgetting. I'm so thankful I went with kasey and Emily to DJ my wedding and play at my ceremony. They went above and beyond. Love this couple and how they brought my reception alive.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

This guy is amazing! He is so talented & really gets to know you & make everything yours & yours alone. I had no idea how to tackle the details of the reception like when everything happens, how long each things takes, & all the options of getting all the little things done. Kasey has all this down pat & went over each things with us. What we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it, & how to do it. It was nice to have input to how it all happened, but it was nice to not have to worry about it at the same time. Trust me, we have all been to wedding receptions & think we know how to organize it, but in reality you have no idea until you do it. He met with us many times. This is one of the reasons we picked him. Other DJs in their contracts or info said they only do 1 face-to face meeting. That is not enough for one of the most important events of your life. You need to have confidence in your vendors & one meeting before the event is not enough in my opinion. His prices are VERY reasonable especially since he does so much for you! He also has some beautiful uplighting in various colors you can use @ the reception. He also offers the service of doing the sound for your ceremony if you need it. We used it because we had our ceremony outside @ our church. You can hear everything perfectly. Kasey is the real deal & the whole package. If you don't choose him you are missing out!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Leslie · Married on 08/23/2014

Kasey and Emily just helped us create the most perfect wedding we could have ever imagined for my daughter! We had a million little details we wanted, they were so attentive and organized – and absolutely took care of everything! From the sound at the wedding ceremony itself (including a special sound effect) – to DJ’ing the reception. I (the mother) also planned a special surprise flash mob at the reception, and they were able to work it into the schedule without letting the Bride know ahead. They tried very hard to help us keep to the schedule to get everything in in the timeframe we wanted (before the photographer and Videographers left) – and still rolled with it when we didn’t make it on time and helped us get caught up. They offered a lot of ideas to help with the planning – and truly seemed as excited about all the little details as we were! Everyone has such fun during the dance part of the evening – they are very interactive and our guests raved about them and had a wonderful time! Not to mention, they were so completely professional, but we just laughed and laughed with Emily. Not only did they far exceed our expectations – but they are truly people I would love to hang out with any time! Absolutely, positively, these are the folks you need to hire if you need a DJ!!

Sent on 08/26/2014

nikki · Married on 08/23/2014

When I started wedding planning I was not really too sure on a lot of things, I was not one of those girls who grew up dreaming of her wedding day all her life. However, I had been to a lot of weddings and I knew one thing for sure, I wanted to have an amazing DJ. I wanted someone that was outgoing, funny, organized, I could keep going for a while but I won't for your sake! Kasey was just this for us and along with him came his amazing wife Emily who was event coordinator extraordinaire! When we first met with this couple who owned their own business we hit it off, I really liked their style and personality. I was also stoked about supporting a local business. I am not going to lie though I was a little bit concerned about it only being him, what happens if he is sick right?! His response, the only way I won't be there is if I am in the hospital! They showed up for everything too, game faces on even though it was almost a 100 degrees on our rehearsal day! Emily kept me on my toes when I started to wear down at the end with all of my planning she would help me fine tune my ideas and offered suggestions when I needed them, like the newlywed game to keep things fun! I am such a detail oriented person and this held true even down to my music selections and they had everything that I wanted and helped get the things that they didn't have, like a sound from a game that my husband plays that we used for our ceremony. I also didn't know this but my family planned a flash mob dance for us and even though we were running late they helped us get caught up so that we still had the photographer and videographer available without giving their secret away to us. Kasey even did the chicken dance with us! I can't give enough props to this great couple and their business and I would say that if you are using anyone else then you are just doing yourself an injustice! Thanks Kasey and Emily for making our night so amazing you guys were more than I could have asked for! :)

Sent on 10/02/2014

Rachel · Married on 08/15/2014

Kasey and Emily were great to work with. They were very helpful with the planning and took on the role of wedding planner to help me make the ceremony/reception schedule. They even helped us find an officiant when the one we had booked didn't show up to the rehearsal. I received many compliments from our guests about how much fun the reception was--thanks to Kasey and Emily! Definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kaitlin · Married on 06/21/2014

Kasey and Emily were awesome! We could not have asked for a better DJ, they made sure everything moved along and happened on time! They stayed in contact with us a lot before the wedding to stay updated on all the details of the wedding. They played every song we asked them to plus more! Our reception was awesome and the dance off to Thriller was great! We definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Mindy · Married on 03/29/2014

Kasey was great to work with! He was very good interacting with the crowd and keeping things moving. He was very professional and put a lot of work into making the night what we wanted.

Sent on 04/16/2014

mia · Married on 02/15/2014

I give sound entertainment productions a 5 out of 5!! People have said that DJ's either make or break your wedding reception, & they definitely MADE our night!! They did meetings with us & gave us an easy form to fill out. It was nice to see structure & genuine care go into planning our night. They literally did everything, they introduced us, our parents, our wedding party, they made sure we got in all the important things in like cutting the cake, first dances, & games to make the night fun. Which if you hire these guys (and you should, because you will NOT be disappointed) make sure you play the newly wed game, or the shoe game. Our guests loved it! They were so organized, professional, and put together. It made our night easy. I have never heard more compliments about any other wedding reception than ours. Kasey got the jams going, but also played great dinner music which again everyone complimented on. His wonderful wife helped so much too! The lighting was beautiful, his sound system never failed, was excellent quality, ¬ to mention how small his DJ equipment was. It was not bulky or ugly looking DJ equipment. It was high quality, classy, tasteful. They even went as far as starting our slide show for us, & moving it to a great location in our venue for all the guests to watch. They also started a fire in the fire place for us (our venue had 2 fire places). They did not have to do that, but they offered & were so nice for helping us!
    My parents and my husbands parents couldn't stop talking about our wedding reception, and they couldn't stop talking about how much fun our family and friends had! I had a lot of people tell me we had the best DJ's ever, hands down.
    Sound entertainment does not disappoint. They are the best around. I almost forgot to mention, that they are affordable! They did everything, and I still think they deserve so much more. My husband and I are truly blessed to have had them a part of our big day!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Ciera · Married on 11/16/2013

I want to say that HANDS DOWN...Sound Entertainment Productions are the people you need. Kasey and his wife Emily are THEE PERFECT team. I will be completely honest in saying that as an African American bride I was very reluctant (at first) to have someone who does not share the same ethnic/cultural background as me to DJ the MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF MY LIFE. My HUSBAND and I were not only proven to be COMPLETELY wrong, but we also believe that we have made friend with this AWESOME/ hard working couple for life! They went ABOVE and BEYOND, and met our needs as if we had been planning for years. These two held skype sessions for us, called, emailed, text and even became our side lined wedding planners. They even offer awesome ideas for the bride and groom who may be open to ideas that will make your day even more special and exciting than it already is/was. My husband and I (both African) had an African (Nigerian) themed reception and the MUSIC was EXACTLY what we wanted because THEY helped make it that way. It was a lot of work for Kasey and Emily to DJ our wedding because they had to figure out songs in different languages...pulling some from YouTube to put them on CD's and they even went out of their way to learn how to do our cultural dances. All I can say is that they ARE your BEST BET, HANDS DOWN! Beautiful couple, Awesome time, PERFECT TEAM! Ayokunle and Folasade THANK YOU BOTH so much and it is very very bittersweet to not have all of your time anymore :( Good luck to you and your company in the future! Brides. Grooms... ANYONE who needs DJ'ing LOOK NO FURTHER.. Ohh, and on a real note.... BLACK people, don't fret....they have what you need! Trust me!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

I was nervous when looking for a DJ because I didn't want to be just 'another wedding job'. Kasey Keller by far exceeded our expectations with not only his personality, genuineness, and knowledge, he was the complete package. He understood what type of music we liked, and asked all the right questions during his preparation. Kasey took a lot of stress off of us, and excelled at DJ skills 110%.

Sent on 08/07/2014

John · Married on 10/19/2013

Our wedding was great, but Kasey did an excellent job with the music and game ideas. We have friends commenting on how good he was, and not only that but he was fun and interacted very well with the guests. I would like to add also that one of the grooms men could be mistaken as Kasey's twin and that also added to the enjoyment of the event. Looking forward to seeing him and Emily again.

Sent on 10/29/2013