188 Reviews for Sound Advice DJ, Lighting, & Photo Booths

Liability Insurance (3)
Flat Screen (1)
Photobooth (1)
Projector (1)

Mike is awesome. If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding and you hire Mike you will absolutely not be disappointed. He is so responsive. Mike met with me prior to the wedding and made follow up phone calls prior to the wedding to go over music selections and our wedding timeline. He is so organized and easy to work with. On top of being an awesome DJ and keeping everyone dancing all night he also took AWESOME pictures that he posted online for us the day after our wedding (100's of pictures of our guests, venue, ceremony etc) I mean I felt like I had a second photographer at my wedding. He worked so well not only with us but with our other vendors at the wedding allowing our solo guitarist to plug into his system and coordinating music with our ceremony. Mike seriously we really enjoyed having you at the wedding and don't ever stop doing what you do because you're the best. Thanks again for everything you did this weekend and putting up with our crazy friends and family :)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was awesome to work with!! He had his work cut out for him with our crowd - they were not making their way to the dance floor, everyone seemed to want to talk over cocktails! Eventually, the dance floor was busy and stayed that way the rest of the night. Mike is great at what he does, and if I had to do it over again, I'd let him do his thing without doing must plays and don't plays (even though we didn't have many don't plays, people like that darned chacha slide!)
The last song brought down the house, and a few pairs of pants, its a Johnny thing! Our last photo ended up amazing and you can tell by the size of the crowd still left that people had a great time and we owe that to Mike! Thanks so much Mike!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Working with Mike for our wedding was an absolute breeze. He made the entire process as simple as could be, and my wife and I always felt like we could reach out to him with an idea that would be met. On the big day, Mike did an amazing job of being very reassuring while also taking care of his business. We got so many compliments about our DJ, and we couldn't be happier with the job he did.

Profile Picture Nathan, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was fantastic, attentive to detail, and professional! I truly believe that a great DJ is half the battle when getting people to truly enjoy your wedding reception! With Mike's assistance, the dance floor was going for the entire reception! Moreover, his website was easy to navigate and helped make the planning process so much easier. He called me shortly before the wedding to ensure that he knew the pronunciation for all of the wedding party and to clarify the final plan for the wedding day.

Profile Picture Brett, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Where do I even start? Mike is the best! If you want a top notch DJ that can listen to your wants and desires then hire him. He kept our party going and incorporated all the music we wanted to hear. As a fellow wedding vendor I cannot recommend Mike enough. Go and hire him now!

Profile Picture emily, 12/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike is by far the best DJ you can find! Our dance floor was packed the second dancing begun until it ended.. 2.5 hours later. 200+ on the dance floor the entire reception was the best thing we could have asked for! Mike is so enthusiastic and fun to work with. You can tell he loves what he does. Thank you so much Mike!!

Profile Picture Libby, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike is absolutely terrific! Professional, timely, and kept the dance floor PACKED the entire evening from start to finish! We could not have been happier with our choice in Sound Advice! Would highly recommend if you are looking for a great DJ!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was wonderful to work with. A friend suggested him to me & then we met him at our venue's grand opening and I knew it was meant to be! Thanks Mike for everything, we loved having you as our DJ.

Profile Picture Jordan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

If you are looking for an awesome DJ we highly recommend Sound Advice. Best DJ ever! Mike was awesome to work with! He kept everything moving, took awesome pictures and kept everyone dancing all night! We had a blast! Thanks again Mike for everything!

Profile Picture Stacey, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Mike is absolutely fantastic and one of the most passionate individuals I've come across throughout my wedding planning process. He is very detail oriented and goes above and beyond for his clients. I quite literally didn't leave the dancefloor a my wedding as he kept playing everything I loved. Guests loved him and so did my husband and I!

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike is AMAZING!!!! We had so many compliments after our wedding on how awesome the DJ was! We have attended many weddings and we knew how important the DJ was and could not have been happier with our referral to Mike! First off, we had a family member have an unexpected illness which resulted in us postponing the wedding. He was totally supportive and always asked about the family member. Leading up to the wedding he answered all my questions and was willing to talk over the phone whenever needed. My brother in law sang our first song and Mike worked closely with him to ensure that the sound was perfect and it was awesome! He even worked with my MOH's to put together a surprise rap. My sister in law said he was extremely helpful and kept this is a complete secret from my husband and myself. During our first dances we had different small moments (slideshow, specific guests joining during songs etc) we wanted highlighted and Mike did not miss a beat. He helped to turn our dream reception into the perfect reception. We were told it was the party of the year and a lot of that was due to Mike!! Highly recommend him!

Oh and the pictures he takes during the reception is priceless!!! They are so awesome and we have pictures of everyone dancing and at the end of the night! Thank you Mike for everything!

Profile Picture Abby, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

This DJ was awesome! He didn't forget a single thing and kept the reception fun and engaging the whole time! My guests have RAVED about him and how he was able to keep the party going even on a Sunday night! :)

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I LOVE MIKE CAMPBELL. And you will too!

First, his patience and professionalism (plus his obvious passion for making your wedding amazing) are what hooked us on Mike & Sound Advice Indy. He answered all of my questions with ease, and reassured me along the way. I am a frequent emailer and question asker, and Mike never lost patience and always responded quickly.

Pre-wedding, Mike and I chatted over the phone, and he again reassured me that the day would go smoothly. I surprised everyone with a song written for my Dad, and Mike kept the secret and played the song I gave him easily.

Day of, Mike showed up on time, had everything set up, and had a huge smile on his face. He DJ'd the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and brought up lighting as well. He also worked with my dad to surprise me during my dad's speech! I had COUNTLESS compliments on songs and Mike's style of playing them. He orchestrated our entrance perfectly, pronounced all names correctly, and, finally, took some ridiculously amazing photos. AND this was all over Father's Day / Mike's birthday weekend.

Mike is truly the example of the wedding vendor every bride wants. I feel like he's my friend. My husband has all the same things to say about him as well. My wedding was in Bloomington, IN and Mike had no qualms about traveling either. Honestly, nothing bad to say.

Look no further than Mike for your wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

If you're looking for a DJ, stop here. Mike is the best. THE BEST DJ. My family had a specific dj we wanted for my wedding because we had been to a few of their previous weddings. When I contacted that dj, he informed me he wasn't scheduling any more weddings due to his health but he put his word behind Mike. I was a little nervous honestly but I really trusted the first guy,
so we met with Mike just to see what he was about. After meetimg him, we didn't even need five minutes to discuss whether or not we wanted Mike, and we booked him that first day. He was always responsive leading up to the wedding. Mike met with my husband, my maid of honor, and me a few days before the wedding. He was very open and accommodating with our requests. I left that meeting feeling very peaceful because I knew my wedding was in good hands with Mike. On the actual day of the wedding, he did everything perfectly. I know I'm biased because it was my wedding but it was the best party I've ever been to. Our main goal of the reception was for everyone to have a good time. I think they did, and then some. Everyone, LITERALLY EVERYONE, has talked to me about how great of a time they had and how awesome the dj was. The photographer even said she got Mike's card to recommend him to her other clients because he was that good. The dj can honestly make or break the reception mood. I feel like djs don't often get recognized. Like if they're bad you complain, but otherwise it's a good time. But my wedding was so much more than just a good time. It was just so so perfect. I could keep going but I'll stop here. Basically I want you to know that every 5/5 review of Mike is totally legit, mine included. And thank you to the Campbells-our wedding was a long time coming so I had built it up a lot in my head. I was so afraid it was going to be less spectacular because I had been fantasizing about it for so long. but you guys gave me a wedding beyond anything I had dreamt of during these last 2 years.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were both so happy with the service Mike provided! He was very responsive with all my questions and thought of everything. We had a photo slideshow at our reception and I did not even think about needing a speaker for the sound until Mike brought it up and hooked up a speaker for us! He also had no problem accommodating our last minute requests and was ready to go with both an indoor and outdoor sound system in case we changed our mind for where we wanted the ceremony. As everyone else has said in the reviews the pictures taken at the wedding was such a great bonus!!! It was so fun to see all the pictures the day after our wedding and they were really good pictures!!!! He took a big group picture at the end of the night and it's one of my favorite pictures from the night. AND most importantly the music played was great and he kept everyone dancing! His prices are also fair and he's upfront with all costs...no hidden costs or extra fees. I can't recommend Mike with Sound Advice highly enough!

Profile Picture Bekah, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Mike is AMAZING. Plain and simple...there is no other word to explain how perfect he is. When my fiancé and I began looking for a DJ I had seen Mike's information come through on Facebook. I went to his website and checked out his work and even asked a few other couples about their experience with him. Every couple I spoke to had nothing but amazing things to say about going with Sound Advice. I emailed Mike back and forth several times before booking and he always responded quickly (within hours) and with the answers we wanted to hear. He is very accommodating and really cares about what he does. About a month out before our wedding, we set up a Starbucks date to meet and run through everything one last time. Mike was so professional, SO kind, very helpful and it was truly reassuring to speak with someone that you could tell was completely passionate about what they do. He made it known that our wedding day was equally important to him as it was to us. That to us was what sold us. People tend to spend less on DJ's for their weddings and don't always consider how big of a part they play in your reception. They essentially set the tone and create the atmosphere for your reception...and Mike did a WONDERFUL job...doing that. So many people mentioned how fun Mike was and that there was a good balance of different types of music throughout the night - I truly believe we wouldn't have had that with anyone else.

Lastly...Mike takes picture throughout the night of your reception and then posts them next day. We LOVED sitting at the airport and seeing photos from the night before. It was a nice touch to everything he had already done for us. Please don't go anywhere else, you will not be upset choosing Sound Advice!!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The DJ for your wedding is one of the most important vendors you have to choose. Don't even think twice about it and hire Mike at Sound Advice. I'm serious. We booked him after talking on the phone almost 10 months in advance but didn't get a chance to actually meet him until the week of the wedding. All of our nerves went away when we met with Mike. You can tell how passionate he is about his job and making every wedding he does amazing. He gave us good advice for our timeline and helped suggest songs for our spotlight dances. You can tell he's been doing this for years and really loves what he does. He was such a pro when it came to the day of and I was never worried about anything when it came to the sound/music. He arrived a couple hours early to set up and I was able to chat with him briefly before the ceremony. He was able to have two different set-ups, one for dinner and one for dancing which was in a separate room. He made our dance floor look incredible by adding uplights. The BEST PART about having Mike as your DJ is the fact that he takes lots of candid photos of the decor, ceremony, and reception and posts them on Facebook the next day. It was so much fun to have a full album of pictures posted from our wedding the next day to look at before we headed off on our honeymoon. Some of my favorite pictures from the wedding were ones Mike took late into the night after the photographer left and everyone was having fun.

I couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Mike. He absolutely knocked it out of the park and made our wedding everything I dreamed of. I can tell it was a success by the number of people left at the end of the night for our "end of the night" photo. Everyone had a blast. I wish we could do the wedding all over again because he made it so much fun!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike did an amazing job! He had the dance floor packed the entire wedding! Mike is very compassionate about his job and it shows. He was very helpful throughout the planning stages of the wedding and was amazing on wedding night. He took charge and made sure we had nothing to worry about. His wife jen is also amazing. She is so sweet and very helpful. I couldnt of asked for a better dj i had many guest tell me how great the dj was. If your looking for someone to keep the party going mike is the man!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Photography

Mike Campbell of Sound Advice came highly recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and he didn’t disappoint! At our initial meeting I enjoyed Mike’s warm, outgoing, and energetic personality. His passion for music was immediately apparent, and very appreciated.
Throughout the wedding planning process, Mike was extremely helpful. He explained his approach to music for the day, the number of sound systems he felt were necessary for our venue, how he reads the crowd to keep people dancing, and much more. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, and practiced the pronunciation of my husband’s name to ensure he had it correct. Mike genuinely cares about the couples he DJ’s for.
His website was organized and user friendly, and helped us select many songs for the day. On the wedding day, our music was perfect from start to finish. Mike kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night. He catered to each generation, and even played an old Hindi song that got my husband’s parents on the dance floor.
As an added bonus, Mike takes photos during the wedding, and they were the first photos we saw the next day! He caught some amazing moments, and we truly love the photo of our guests after the last song of the night. We are very thankful we booked Mike as the DJ for our wedding and would highly recommend him to all other couples!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was seriously the best DJ we could have picked for our wedding! He was extremely professional and responsive in all of our times leading up to wedding, as well as the actual wedding day. He was great at reading the mood of the crowd at the time and playing songs based on that. He really went above and beyond and helped us out with some last minute (as in within 24 hours of the wedding) uplighting when some of the lights at our venue were broken and we were worried about the room being too dark. Definitely the best DJ around Indy!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/1/16, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mike was better than I could have ever expected. He was easy to get a hold of and super responsive. He was very professional while onsite for my event. He had all 400 ladies out on the dance floor for the ENTIRE 4 hour event. His price was very reasonable for what I got, he was GREAT! I would recommend DJ Mike hands down for any event that a DJ is needed.

Profile Picture Kelly , 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you are getting married in Indy or anywhere nearby, this is who you need to book! Mike's passion for what he does show throughout the planning process all the way through your big day (and beyond!). Mike was my sister's DJ back in 2012 and I made a mental note right then that this is who we had to book. He is incredibly responsive and makes the planning process seamless. He has a knack for reading the bride and groom and their guests and keeps the party momentum going. Music was one of the most important aspects of our day, and we couldn't have asked for better. Before dinner had even wrapped up, guests were itching to get on the dance floor because the music was so good. We allowed ~3 hours for open dancing and I'm sure the party would have gone much longer! Another bonus is that Mike will have an assistant with him that takes pictures and posts them the next day - these will help hold you over for the agonizing weeks/months you wait for your professional photos :) I've already recommended him to several people - thanks again Mike & Sound Advice!! - Jessica & Zac

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Oh, man. Mike. The guy is absolutely incredible! From the moment that I spoke on the phone with him, I knew I would have nothing to worry about. Mike is truly passionate about making sure you enjoy your special day - he went ABOVE AND BEYOND and way way WAY outside of his scope of work to ensure that our day was perfect. When the caterers arrived late, he jumped in and helped. When people had started lining up for the sparkler send off (and I still wanted one more song to be played) he rallied every one inside for one last hurrah - he is part DJ, part wedding coordinator, and part fairy Godfather. He made our sure our day went off without a hitch and when the unforeseeable happened, he jumped in and saved the day. And as a surprise gift, Mike took candid photos throughout the night - and he captured some of the most perfect moments! I am truly thankful to Mike for all of his hard work, and I cannot say enough good things about him!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

My wife and I are very happy we chose Sound Advice to DJ our wedding reception. Mike was very professional, and he was very easy to work with. He gave us advice and ideas for the reception but always did what we asked. He kept the dance floor full all night and we received lots of compliments from guests! It was also a treat to see pictures he had posted from our reception the next morning!

Profile Picture User7276615, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was awesome! He did a great job for my sister's wedding and an awesome job at my own wedding. Contacting him was a piece of cake and he responded quickly any time we had questions! He helped us to set up the perfect soundtrack to an awesome day! At the reception he was on top of everything! He was also incredibly flexible and played any spur of the moment song we thought of the whole night. We literally couldn't have asked for a better Dj. Also, his website and app made setting up playlist (and do-not-playlists) super easy. I couldn't recommend him enough to anyone looking for a Dj. Thanks again for being so awesome! Hope to see you again the next time one of my family gets married!

Profile Picture User7250696, 1+ year ago, 1 Review