Sound Active Events Reviews

Sound Active Events 2
Sound Active Events 3
Sound Active Events 4

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2017

I recently celebrated my wedding on 10/20/17 and chose Sound Active Event for the entertainment. I have to say it was an EXCELLENT choice! I am throughly satisfied with the service Anthony and his team provided. Not only did I book DJ service but was able to have their percussionist, Joel (Jbeats) accompany the DJ. My guest are still commenting on how great the entertainment was. Our music choices were; latin, pop, and 80s/90s and Anthony was able to accommodate our needs and keep everyone on the dance floor. I recommend SAE for any event.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

Sound Active Events did such a terrific job for our reception! From start to finish! I met with Anthony when we started planning. He was so organized and prepared. He listened to what I had in mind, made terrific suggestions, and offered his opinion based on experience which made our reception great! Most importantly, he let us know that he and his group could handle anything and that we could rest easily knowing our event was in their hands. DJ Shortkutz and the MC were so great! Our dance floor was packed the entire evening -- with everyone from the club party crowd to grandparents! Plus, they were able to roll with the flow to make everything go well, even when someone showed up for the bridal party announcement as we were walking in and had just told them they weren't coming! They were perfect! We took their advice on some events like the anniversary dance -- listening to them brought tears to our families eyes! The lighting was perfect. We also got the photo booth. So many of our guests told us how much they loved our photo booth and how much better it was than others! You're in good hands with this amazing group.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Candice · Married on 10/13/2017

Anthony and the rest of the Sound Active crew are amazing! The entire process for planning our wedding was made so easy and stress free from our first meeting all the way until the end of our wedding. The photo booth was perfect! And our guests can't stop telling us how it was one of the most fun weddings they've been to in a long time

Sent on 10/18/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/06/2017

Anthony and his team were simply incredible! They were so knowledgeable about everything related to the flow of weddings. Their team left our wedding guests dancing until the end of the night. Even guests who don't normally dance were on the dance floor the whole time. They left us with so many incredible memories. I had questioned some of the timeline aspects of the wedding, when the ceremony and cocktail hour would start. Anthony was completely right about all of it! He knew exactly how the night would play off. Can't wait to see our videos and relive this excitement. Thank you sound active!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Melanie · Married on 09/23/2017

Sound Active was amazing at our wedding September 2017, we had over 200 people and they had almost everyone dancing the entire night! Amazing music, especially the live saxophonist- she got in the crowd and wowed everyone! The photo booth was great as well, and we loved getting an album of all the photos afterwards. We would definitely recommend !!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2017

We are so happy we worked with Anthony and Sound Active! It was so important to me that we had friends and family out on the dance floor having a good time with us and everyone really did! Between a DJ who played an awesome mix of music, Anthony as a fun, upbeat MC, and a live drummer who kept everyone entertained, we couldn't have asked for a better group to bring our vision to life. Anthony even did our ceremony music just as we wanted. Plus I loved how organized the meetings and online request system were leading up to the wedding day. I felt confident that everything would go smoothly, and it did, all the way through to an awesome final song that had everyone celebrating with us. Unforgettable.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

Anthony at Soundactive Events was such a pleasure working with! He definitely held up his end of the bargain in bringing the entertainment! Soundactive Events offers a multitude of services, one of which we chose - a sax player. She was the big hit of the night.. she got in with the crowd and played along with the DJ. Anthony, the MC, was so upbeat and got our wedding guests up dancing the whole night. Prior to our wedding, Anthony made sure to contact us to go over every last detail to ensure that our wedding night went as smooth as possible. Soundactive Events even offers a website through which you can help personalize the night as much as possible. I would highly recommend Soundactive Events and hope to go to a wedding where my husband and I can enjoy you all again!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Jason · Married on 09/02/2017

We could not have asked for better entertainment at our wedding on 9/2/17. From the moment we met Anthony Costello at his office we could tell he not only had the experience we were looking for but genuinely cared for his clients.

Anthony is a true professional and removes the stress of choosing one of the most important (if not THE most important) vendors for your wedding right away. He is extremely organized and easily accessible answering any question that came up along the way offering valuable suggestions.

There’s a reason Sound Active has so many awards and we were fortunate enough to learn first hand. We received nothing but compliments about our entertainment and would highly recommend Sound Active Events for your wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Neeta · Married on 08/27/2017

Anthony and his team created a spectacular reception experience for our wedding on August 27th, 2017. He had our guests dancing all night long, and truly understands how to create the party experience. The violin trio for my ceremony was a beautiful addition, and he made sure to accommodate all my special music requests (including providing fog effects for our unique light saber first dance!). He had some really creative ideas and his outstanding attention to detail kept our reception moving along smoothly - there was never a dull moment! Thanks to Anthony, our MC, and the violin trio for providing an exceptional experience for us and our guests!!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Robert · Married on 07/16/2017

My now wife and I were very happy with Anthony and his crew. Great music selection, taking of requests, the Horah, and the volume was appropriate for dancing and lower for dinner and everything was perfect. Anthony was easy to deal with and on the ball for our meetings with him. He is punctual and up front about costs and what we needed to do for the ceremony, introductions, lighting, a photo slideshow, etc. etc. etc.! We loved the photo booth, too. We would happily work with them again!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Raquel · Married on 07/07/2017

Amazing! Seriously so so happy with the music and the lighting, everyone that we talked to after our wedding said how good the music was. Halfway through the reception my husband and I were like omg the dance floor is awesome, it's non stop. Great to work with, personalized attention and never rushed. Can't wait for the next event, you guys were amazing.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Gyongyi · Married on 05/27/2017

We definitely made the right decision in choosing Sound Active Events for our 05-27-2017 wedding.
    From the preparation to the last minute Anthony was always there for us to answer any question and guide us through his website to prepare for our event. He even found the Hungarian songs I sent him in the last minute.
    The entire day into the night ran smooth. Anthony came prepared, organized, and ready to party. Not one detail was left out and every moment streamed flawlessly into the next.
    Everyone has been telling us how much of a great time they had, especially with the Hungarian music addition.
    We would highly recommend Anthony and Sound Active Events. Book your next event/wedding with them, you will not regret it!
    We thank Anthony from the bottom of our heart!
    June & Gary Wagner

Sent on 06/04/2017

Alicia · Married on 05/06/2017

Words cannot describe how incredibly happy we are with Anthony, Shortkutz and the rest of the Sound Active team! Anthony was the DJ at my sisters wedding five years ago and was even better for my wedding. They made our day so much fun. They catered to every age group at our wedding and really got the party going and KEPT going for hours! Everyone was having a blast that we ended up extending the night for two hours. The calls and texts that we have received in only two days since our wedding are enormous and our guests are raving about the party. I've heard from other brides that "you'll notice the things that didn't go the way they should've" NOPE!! Not with Anthony and his team. Everything was beyond perfect and seamless. We definitely made the best decision in choosing Sound Active. Adding the percussionist (Philip) and sax player (Kevin) gave our party a band like feel in addition to the DJ and MC. I can't say that one part was better than another but we did get the Co2 blaster which my (husband) got to spray while I was playing the drums and it was awesome!! The pictures and videos from that part of the night looked like a dance club (later in the night of course) and we were center stage amongst our guests. HUGE thanks for making our day (and night) more than we ever could've imagined!! You guys killed it! We would do it again a million times more. Love Alicia and Joe Iacopetta

Sent on 05/08/2017

James · Married on 03/18/2017

SAE made our wedding truly unforgettable, and sensational. The pre-wedding meetings gave me the confidence to know that we were in great hands and that SAE knew exactly what we wanted. The ease of use of the web site made it simple and effortless for us to detail and personalize our event. Everyone danced all evening, the lights and music, combined with sound of the live sax and percussion made it a one of a kind event. SAE even offered us a full photography package and our pictures are amazing also. I can't convey how happy I was with their services, it made it simple to do it all under one umbrella; I so appreciated their attention to detail with emphasis on ensuring our wedding be one of a kind, while making sure to grant our every request, made our day and evening everything we dreamed it would be, with the pictures to prove it !!!!..SAE has my highest recommendation !

Sent on 06/15/2017

stephanie · Married on 03/11/2017

EXTRAORDINARY...Sound Active Events deserves more then a 5 Star rating. They did an OUTSTANDING job at our wedding. Anthony and his crew were super professional and efficient in every way. Between Anthony’s energetic MCing skills and DJ Shortkutz mix of beats, the knew how to keep a constant vibe all night. Shotkutz just killed it with the music...bringing us back to some great times in our lives. We had an absolute blast on the dance floor all night long.

IMPECCABLE TIMING...the entire day into the night ran smooth. Not one detail was left out and every moment streamed flawlessly into the next. Anthony was extremely orginized and accommodating from the beginning to end.

TRULY the BEST in the business...trust us book SAE for your next event/wedding, you will not regret it!
    Thank you Anthony from the bottom of our hearts, you far exceeded our expectations and made our wedding the most memorable night of out lives. You delivered to us exactly what we wanted and will forever be grateful!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/29/2016

Anthony was awesome!! From the start, he was personable, helpful and you could tell he knew exactly what he was doing. His online portal made life even easier and it couldn't have been a more seamless process. The night was a blast and all the music worked out perfectly, he knows how to feel the crowd and get them going!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Diana · Married on 10/16/2016

Most brides, like myself, want to plan the most "perfect" wedding. The only problem is that none of us have ever done this before! One of my biggest concerns was, "How do you make sure everyone has fun and dances all night?" Let me help the other brides out. The answer is -- hire Anthony! Anthony is THE BEST in the business. From start to finish, he was awesome and so easy to work with. He is professional, honest, and fun. He truly cared about us and our wedding. Instead of trying to squeeze money out of us, he was honest and told us what we really did and didn’t need. He made the planning process such a breeze! Weddings are stressful enough, so it's a relief when at least one thing is easy! The online questionnaire kept us organized and let us fill/pick things out whenever we thought of them. The music, the dj set up, the photobooth - everything was PERFECT. Anthony & his guys kept everyone on the dance floor all night; they were the ones who truly made our wedding night a night to remember. We received tons of compliments on how great the entertainment was! When the wedding was over, Anthony handed us a USB in the form of the wristband. We were able to see all the candid pictures and photobooth pictures taken that night as soon as we got home! Thank you SAE for making our wedding the best night ever!!! :)

Sent on 12/29/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2016

Let me start off by saying that this review is way overdue! Anthony and his team were phenomenal. Their energy alone made our night picture-perfect. Going above and beyond is understatement for this crew, “flawless” is the word I would use when describing Sound Active Events.

Throughout our planning, Anthony promptly answered any questions, clearly communicated what he needed from us, and was simply a great guy to work with. On our wedding day, the team was prepared, organized, and ready to party. Anthony seamlessly facilitated transitions between to the ceremony, cocktail, dinner, and dancing locations as well as the toasts. Our dance floor was alive, and several of our guests commented how great the music was. We cannot thank Anthony and Sound Active Events enough, completely outstanding

Sent on 04/30/2017

Daniel · Married on 09/11/2016

Anthony was the DJ at my daughter's wedding and I was extremely pleased with how he conducted himself at the wedding. I don't know all that much about music, but I do know that our guest's were dancing through the night and that is what mattered to me. Thank you Anthony for your service on the night of my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2017

alexa · Married on 08/20/2016

If I could give Sound Active Events 6 STARS, I would. Anthony gave my fiancé and I undivided attention during our meetings. He went over every detail about our special day to make sure it went smoothly. Sound Active Events was a one stop shop for me. Anthony provided the DJ, MC, 4 flat screen TVs, a photo booth, a singer, percussionist, saxophone player, my enhanced lighting, a monogram with our initials and even a candid photographer to take pictures all night that streamed on the TVs. My guests raved about how exceptional the music was and did not sit down all night. Everyone was dancing and have the best time. It was truly one of the most incredible nights of my life.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Erica · Married on 08/20/2016

When Steve and I got engaged, we knew who to call: Anthony with Sound Active Events. Anthony has been DJing for parties since as long as I've known him. He DJ'd my Sweet 16! When I called Anthony, I was hit with a "I'm booked already for you date...but I have an amazing team." He set us up with Joey to DJ our wedding and he was AMAZING, as promised. The dance floor was never empty. We also booked a percussionist through Sound Active Events who complimented our DJ and provided an interactive live aspect to our entertainment that everyone loved.
    The planning process was very simple and easy. We were set up with an online system that let us keep track of all our individualized wedding details. We were able to edit our music choices and reception order easily without having to call Anthony everytime. As we got closer to the wedding date, Steve and I decided we were going be introduced to the reception and go immediately into our first dance. This meant that Anthony had to create a custom looped version of our first dance song and he worked with us to get the timing down pat.
    Final verdict: The entertainment was perfect and our experience with Sound Active Events was flawless. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Dinnisa · Married on 07/31/2016

Where do I begin? Sound Active Events was one of the BEST vendors we had at our wedding. Their packages are tailored to you and so you get to chose what it is you really want. I have to say I love the layout of the online event planning account because it outlines every step of your wedding from your ceremony to end of your reception. If you do not have a wedding planner this is the place to go! I did not have a planner and they made everything come together so beautifully. He had my wedding party line up for the reception in the correct order, knew everyone by name, it just all came together beautifully.
    I recommend you get the percussionist like we did. It's unique. I certainly enjoyed and they even had me play with them! I felt like a star and had our guests astonished. It also made for a great picture and video. You could see the joy on my face. The workers at the venue said it was the best wedding they have ever seen so far even they were having a good time. And things work out great when everyone is having a grand time.
    What stood out the most for me was that he treated us like family. As the bride there will be times your guests will take you away for pictures or well wishes and it will sometimes get overwhelming when you can't say no and the program must go on. Anthony rescued me a number of times. Also we did not have first dance music until the evening before the wedding and we ended up choosing 3 different songs cut and pasted at different points. Anthony called me and sat with me on the phone while we figured out where to stop and start each song so it could be one seamless song!!! He would fix and play back so I could hear exactly where I wanted to start and end. He sent us the edited song so we could practice within an hour! If this isn't the best service I don't know what is.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Edmond · Married on 07/22/2016

Sound Active Events did an amazing job with everything from the meetings up to the wedding to the day itself. True Professionals!! Anthony was an amazing and walked us through all of our decisions. Did not steer us wrong as to what to use and what not to use as far as lighting, additions, musicians, etc..

DJ Shortcut is the man, kept the party going all night long. Everyone was having fun and dancing.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Angela · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband Joe and I were very happy with the MC and DJ services provided to us by Anthony and his team at Sound Active Events.

Anthony was great to work with leading up to our event. He was friendly and helpful when walking through the options we had for entertainment, and has a great online form that we used to manage our music choices and bridal party info in order to coordinate everything smoothly. Anthony was very patient with us and our specific music choices. He worked with the music style we gave him, downloading specific songs he didn’t already have and adding his expertise to produce the perfect soundtrack for our event. He honored our do-not-play list requests and did an outstanding job choosing additional music to fit the vibe of the event in the moment, keeping the dance floor packed.

His MC skills were top-notch, with announcements made clearly and concisely. He played music for our ceremony at the end, which seamlessly transitioned from the live music we had during the ceremony to a recording for the recessional.

Our venue was indoor/outdoor with a small area inside for his DJ equipment, but Anthony made it work perfectly - providing music outside for the ceremony and inside for the reception, including lighting and a gobo design on the ceiling with our names and wedding date.

The highlight of the evening was after the last song, he surprised us with another last song that fit our musical style perfectly and ended the wedding with our family and friends rocking out on the dance floor, jumping and singing along with us. It was the perfect ending to what our family and friends have told us was one of the best and most fun weddings they had ever been to.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Erika · Married on 06/11/2016

When we got engaged the first thing we booked was our DJ and that was obviously Sound Active Events. Music was one of the most important things when planning our wedding because both mine and my husbands family love to dance. Choosing Sound Active Events was without a doubt the easiest choice to make during the planning of our wedding. They are the best in the DJ's in the business... I am still getting compliments on how our wedding was a blast! And that is of course because we picked the right DJ. This isn't the first time my family has used them and it certainly won't be the last. Can't wait for the next family party!

Sent on 06/28/2016