Soul Patch Philly Reviews

42 | Bellmawr, NJ

42 Reviews for Soul Patch Philly

Nikki · Married on 09/12/2015

Soul Patch Philly did an AMAZING job playing our September 2015 wedding in Villanova, Pa. The eight-piece band had our 140 guests on the dance floor from the first dance, all the way through until the last song. We are still receiving compliments on the band.
    Nate was wonderful to work with prior to the big day, providing us with recommendations and seeing through with all of our special requests for songs. He also did a great job MC'ing (introducing the wedding party, dances, cutting the cake, tossing the bouquet, etc.)
    The band played songs from all decades through today flawlessly. We would HIGHLY recommend Soul Patch Philly to play at your wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2015

My now husband and I did a lot of research looking for a band for our wedding on 9.10.16 as we both prioritized music at our wedding. Nate was fantastic to talk with from start to finish. He called right after our inquiry to get a feel for what we wanted on our date-set up a showcase that blew us away. This band is extremely talented. They are authentic with a real sound, a beautiful horn section, rich vocalists, and an EXTENSIVE playlist. We wanted music that wouldn't just appeal to our friends and bridal party, but something that got everyone at our wedding up and on the dance floor-and that was exactly what Soul Patch Philly did. They added so much energy to our reception! Our bridal party, parents, aunts, uncles, friends-everyone loved this band. They did a little set in between salad and dinner that got our guests up and dancing right away-and played through the entire reception. It was amazing to see everyone having such a great time-our guests were chanting for them to play one more song at the end, which they did. They are extremely professional, have a classy sound and look, learned a few requested songs for us which added a very personal touch, played beautiful keyboard at our ceremony included in their pricing, and were a great band to interact with through the whole process. They offered a great value for the extremely high level of talent they delivered. I really hope I get the chance sometime to hear them again!!! We highly recommend booking them!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Liza · Married on 08/01/2015

The one thing I knew I wanted at our wedding was an amazing live band that would bring the party. Let me tell you, Soul Patch had every single wedding guest on his or her feet!
    Researching live bands in Philadelphia can be a frustrating process. Many bands were inflexible about meeting and charged excessive rates. Nate, Soul Patch's coordinator, was extremely prompt and professional in responding to my questions, and accommodated our schedule for a showcase. I found having direct contact with Nate to be one of the most valuable services Soul Patch had to offer. Nate has a wealth of wedding planning insight and experience, and he not only addressed my questions, but he also proactively addressed many potential issues and ideas that I had not considered. He truly loves what he does and cares about each client. Nate was adamant about getting to know each other a bit so that he could learn about our music style, to make sure the playlist would fit with what we would enjoy most. The most helpful insight was about the timeline of the evening. I was struggling with the order of various events throughout the night, and after mentioning this to Nate, he provided a draft timeline and walked me through the pros and cons of various options. Ultimately, we ended up with a timeline that made sure we got the party started early and lasted all night long!
    If you're still unsure about Soul Patch, I would recommend going to one of their showcases. The band's chemistry and energy are palpable when they play. They clearly have a lot of fun playing with one another, which carries over into the crowd. I think the best way to explain their ability to engage a crowd of all ages is through a picture we have from the end of our wedding night, which shows deserted tables and literally EVERY guest on the dance floor - including my grandparents! By booking Soul Patch Philly, you will be guaranteeing that your wedding is the best party you and your guests have been to in years!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/31/2015

Soul Patch Philly were so great and easy to work with. They were professional and responsive during the entire process. I have never seen so many people up and dancing as there were during our wedding; they were great entertainment start to finish. It was the most fun I have ever had at a wedding and Soul Patch Philly played a huge part of that. So many people at our wedding have been telling us how amazing our band was. They played so many different genres of music throughout the night. We couldn't have asked for a better band at our wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Samantha · event on 06/27/2015

Soul Patch Philly totally made our party! It's hard to cater to the music tastes of a crowd ranging from recent college grads to 50+ year olds, but they certainly did! The band was lively throughout the whole show, playing everything from Motown classics to songs that are currently on the radio. They knew how to get everyone dancing and keep the party going until the very end. Nate was extremely professional and responsive to work with. All of our guests kept asking who the band was! I would totally recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2015

Soul Patch Philly did an INCREDIBLE job at our wedding! They had everyone up dancing and really started the party. People kept commenting how amazing the band was - would DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Kristine · event on 03/13/2015

Soul Patch Philly was great! I received so many positive comments from my guests including "this is the best band ever" and "the band is really good."

I appreciated that I was able to give the band details about the audience and they tailored the music for the evening to fit the tone and vibe of the event.

I would recommend the band for your upcoming event and hire them again if the opportunity presents itself.

Sent on 03/23/2015

KAREN · event on 12/12/2014

EASY TO WORK WITH. VERY ACCOMADATING

Sent on 01/08/2015

Connie · event on 12/06/2014

I booked Soul Patch Philly for our annual holiday event at one of the most exclusive country clubs in eastern PA. This band rocked our party. In fact, many people thought they were the best we have ever had. The band played music that appealed to our youngest staff (student interns) @ 20 years old to our retired partners @ 72 years old - from The Four Tops to Meghan Trainor and kept our people on the dance floor all night except for one brief break. Party goers asked that we book them for next year's event. Nate was great to work with and they delivered. You will not go wrong in booking Soul Patch Philly for your event.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Tom · Married on 10/25/2014

Soul Patch Philly was an awesome wedding band! Nate and his crew were happy to drive down to Baltimore for our wedding in October, and rocked the whole night. They learned a few great tunes for us (Ophelia by The Band and our wedding song - I'll Back You Up by Dave Matthews) and were very responsive to how everyone wanted the flow of the night to go (basically get the formalities done with early and dance as much as possible!). We'd definitely recommend these guys for your wedding!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Jillian · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I were married on October 11th. His parents had seen Soul Patch Philly at a family friend's wedding, came home and said you have to have them for your wedding. We listened to them at a showcase and were sold.

For our ceremony we wanted a very low-key feel. Nate played an acoustic guitar and another band member played the keyboard. I asked to walk down the aisle to Bright Eye's First Day of My Life. Nate played it on guitar and learned the lyrics. It was one of my most emotional moments of the day.

We also had two band members play some light jazz through the cocktail hour. During the reception, we wanted high energy! My husband and I love to dance and they kept the dance floor full all night. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/13/2014

Nate and his band, not only have great music selections, they are incredibly talented musicians. Beyond that, they conducted the cocktail hour and reception in the most professional manner and met every request we had. They played our song selection, incorporated the groom's daughter into the first song, accompanied a few family members who are talented musicians. Their ability to read the crowd allowed for it to be the most fabulous and memorable event. Many of my guests sent notes to me afterward stating that was the best band they had the pleasure of dancing to. They played 5 hours un interrupted and had guests up and dancing at the cocktail party!! I'm trying to find another event to have them play!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/30/2014

Working with Soul Patch Philly was a pleasure! Nate and his band members were extremely professional and absolutely made our reception unforgettable. We were able to pick out the songs we wanted (even songs they had never played before) and the band performed them better than we could have imagined - they were the life of the party! They played from the start of the reception to the very end and kept our guests up on the dance floor and having a great time. We got so many compliments from our guests saying that they were the best band they have ever heard and we can't thank them enough for making our wedding day so memorable. We highly recommend Soul Patch Philly - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/28/2015

TJ · Married on 08/23/2014

Soul Patch played our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We loved them. Our guests loved them. We strongly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Mark · Married on 07/19/2014

When my fiancé and I began planning our wedding, we always knew that the music throughout the day was going to be one of the most important parts. We are both music teachers, and we wanted that part of the experience to really be something special. When I reached out to inquire about Soul Patch, and finally got to go see them live, I knew right away that they were the missing link. They were phenomenal from the first email, through the killer set lists, and all the way to the group picture that they got in on with all of the "survivors" at the end of the night!

If someone were to ask if I would recommend them for their parties or receptions, I would say, "Why haven't you called them already!"

Sent on 11/25/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

Before I review the actual night let me run down the preparation process, which was effortless and easy: we put a deposit early, and then as the time drew closer Nate reached out to us to start working on a song list and other procedures. We also put them in touch with the venue to get them coordinated with the spacing, setup etc. Nate and Co. were more than accommodating – they even learned “our song”, the “Father-Daughter song, and the song for the Mother-Son dance! Some of the the songs we picked were tough to replicate, but Philly Soul Patch nailed it!

I think, best of all, is that their music appealed to ALL ages and types. We had every single person out of 125 or so grooving at some point. Maybe it was the soulful Earth, Wind and Fire (my favorite), or other classics, but it’s been 3 months since the wedding and I am still hearing about the reception. Let me share a few of the comments we heard beyond the “your band was awesome!”:

- “I’ve only ever danced twice in my life, and your wedding was the second time”

- “I can’t believe they learned ALL the songs you requested”

- “I swear they never took a break!”

- “I LOST IT when they did Montell Jordan’s “This is How We Do It””

As the night went on and every guest was grooving out there, Philly Soul Patch started to close it down and say goodnight. The crowd was having none of it. In response, they all started chanting “One More Song”, “ONE MORE SONG!” until they got what they wanted. It’s a moment I can’t forget - it meant that, not only did they not want the night to end, but that we had made the unequivocal, right choice.

They truly deserve this write-up and also our personal recommendation. To anyone looking to make a “good” event and “unforgettable” event - you must check out this band!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2016

Soul patch Philly absolutely 100% made our wedding. They were incredible and amazing energy throughout the entire night. We had many people tell us the next day it was the best music and wedding they have ever been to! The dance floor was FULL I mean full all night, literally there was no one sitting. They made an incredible play list of some of our recommendations and theirs and kept the energy all night with a perfect mix of old and new tunes. They also accommodated our song requests and embraced them with incredible performances! Our mother of the groom and groom dance was "what a wonderful world" and the one singer sang exactly like Louis Armstrong!! It was INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone was loving it. It's an easy choice, if you are debating DJ vs. band (like we did), soul patch Philly is a must!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016