Sophia Barrett Studios Reviews

14 | Atlanta, GA

14 Reviews for Sophia Barrett Studios

C · Married on 07/29/2015

Sophia Barrett Studios is phenomenal! I would highly recommend Sophia and her team. She directed and shot the photos for my fifteen year wedding anniversary. Call Sophia Barrett Studios to create a wonderful visual of the most momentous event of your life. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/07/2015

My husband's reluctance for hiring a professional photographer quickly ceased the day of our wedding. But, I had the pleasure in knowing how talented Sophie is months before our wedding when I did a boudoir session with her at her studio-for a wedding day gift for my husband. She photographed me in such a way that
    made it hard to believe that I could look so sexy and feel so comfortable in front of a camera. The album turned out stunning and I couldn’t wait for my hubby to set his eyes on these photos while he was getting ready on our wedding day.

My husband and I, along with our wedding party was in awe when we saw Sophie and her staff in action on the day of our wedding. She did not let anything in her control compromise our shots and she captured all of the moments that I requested. We were quite impressed with the quality and packaging of the albums and “thank you cards” that we ordered.

I worked with Sophie as an out of state client (in another time zone) and she accommodated our schedules when we had to meet over the phone/internet.
    Sophie was professional, patient, pleasant, easily accessible and flexible from my initial contact with her and her artistic talented is evident in her work. Sophie fulfilled my vision for our wedding day photographs and I do not hesitate to refer her to family, friends-or anyone else!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Tamara · Married on 10/03/2014

Five stars is not enough for Sophia Barrett's work. She is creative, professional and just amazing! Sophia has photographed the biggest moments in our lives; our wedding, maternity and our newborn. She has been deemed our life photographer. I look forward to her capturing the milestones in our lives. Photography is very important to me because I am obsessed with documenting our family moments. I print my photos to hang on our walls and put them in albums. Sophia's work is art and I love showing it off in our home. I would recommend Sophia Barrett Studios to any and everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Ashleigh · Married on 10/05/2013

Sophia Barrett is undoubtedly THE go-to photographer for weddings and any other occasion. From the moment that I walked into her studio, I knew that she would be our wedding photographer. Her equipment is top of the line--which when coupled with her God given creative talent, her top notch training, and professionalism makes her work absolutely breathtaking. Not to mention the fact that she is just so very likeable!

Sophia takes what I call a 'boutique' approach with her clients---While working with her, I felt as if I were her only bride. She was always easily assessable via email, telephone and text. Sophia provided excellent suggestions regarding attire and other details that helped to enhance both our wedding and engagement photos. For our engagement photos, I used her clothing stylist, makeup artist and hair stylist all of whom were excellent and made the process much easier for me as a busy bride. She also designed our thank you and Christmas cards which were a huge hit.

She photographs with her husband who is equally talented. On the day of our wedding, I more than trusted her to bring my vision to life through her creative eye and she did just that. Our wedding guests loved the SBS photobooth during the cocktail hour. We are still receiving compliments on our wedding and engagement photos from guests…and we can’t stop looking at the photos ourselves…they were absolutely breathtaking. The only trouble we have is selecting which photos to use for my album because we love all of them. My husband and I will definitely work with her in the future. Sophie was our favorite wedding vendor and is an awesome person!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 10/05/2013

Sent on 01/16/2014
  • Tiffaney

Tiffaney · Married on 05/26/2013

Sophia and her husband Derrick are a great team!!! From start to finish Sophia was heaven sent. My guest loved her photo booth!!! She made preps out of sayings that I say all the time and instead of a guest book with just signatures, we have pictures of all our guest with their well wishes. The first look was AMAZING so happy I listened to her instead of everyone else who said that the first time my now husband should see me should be when I walk down the aisle. It was such an intimate moment just between us that we will treasure for life. We absolutely LOVE Sophia and Derrick to pieces. Her quality of work does not match her prices. All of our pictures look like they could be in a wedding magazine. Wishing I could fit them in our suitcase for our honeymoon:)

Amesha · Married on 05/25/2013

My wedding photos were like artwork, absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Sophia and Derrick were amazing! They were very easy to work with, and made it a fun process from our engagement shoot to taking photos at our wedding. Everyone was amazed with the quality of their work. I'm so glad that we worked with them to capture the happiest day of our lives!

Tawanda · Married on 12/15/2012

Sophia from the beginning of our consultation to the end of our big day was wonderful! I enjoyed her and her husband. They made the experience of photography comfortable and most of all FUN!!! They capture photos that express your style and emotions. I loved their work and appreciate most of all their dedication to their clients.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Morgan · Married on 11/17/2012

Sophia and Derrick photographed my wedding in downtown Atlanta on November 17, 2012. I must say that my husband and I LOVE them! Their work is immaculate, their professionalism and personalities are amazing and it was most helpful for the non-photogenic husband that I have. Their eye for creativity was captured on that day and I am still receiving raving reviews on how beautiful our wedding day was from people who were not in attendance, but yet saw the photos. I wanted the best in photography and we got much more. We have a great friend in Sophie and Derrick and I wouldn't dare have anyone else do photography for us ever again.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Monica · Married on 10/27/2012

From the minute we saw our Engagment Photos we knew that we had found our photographer! Sophia and Derrick were such a fun team to work with that we almost forgot we were in front of a camera! We can't wait to use them again!!!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Phil · Married on 09/02/2012

Words cannot describe the service, professionalism, and quality of the work of this husband/wife dynamic team!!! Sophia and Derrick's passion for photography and capturing all the perfect shots is phenomenal. My husband and I had so much fun on our engagement shoot with them and even more on our wedding day. I am honestly trying to think of more reasons to get back in front of their cameras!!! Sophia and Derrick have gone above and beyond just taking pictures. They have earned a great name and reputation for themselves from what seems like "out of nowhere!" I wish them all the success, as they are genuinely in tuned with each couple. You will not be disappointed and will acquire the company of two very awesome professionals. Thank you so much SBS for your hard work and capturing those moments that put a huge smile on our faces!!!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Sophia Barrett Studios's reply:

This made tears come up in my eyes!! Thank you so much for this review! We had a blast at your wedding! We are so excited that you are happy with the service and that we were able to add to your special day!

Kimberley · Married on 07/12/2012

Sophie and Derrick were the greatest photographers we could have ever asked for. We originally were going to book someone else, but they never got back to us; this ended up being a blessing in disguise.

At our first meeting with Sophie, we discussed what we were looking for in a photographer. We didn't have many questions for her since she had covered everything. At the end, we asked how long they had been doing this. We were shocked to realize that they hadn't even been doing this a year because their pictures and professionalism said otherwise. We were a little hesitant to book them because of this, but ultimately decided that we didn't want anyone else to do it.

For our engagement pictures, they came up with the idea of the locations. Sophie even did my hair and makeup! We enjoyed doing the engagement pictures, and we do believe it did make it easier to be more comfortable with them the day of our wedding because we kind of knew what to expect.

They also created our wedding invitations that included one of our engagement pictures on one side and the invite information on the other. These were really nice, and our guests liked them.

For the wedding, we had them for a total of 11 hours, and every hour was worth it. When we look at our wedding pictures it is like we are reliving the moment every time. We, along with our family and friends, absolutely LOVE our wedding pictures.

We were blessed to have found Sophie and Derrick and look forward to working with them in the future if we need any more pictures. We definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Sophia Barrett Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Kimberley and Omar for this review! We are so happy that you felt like your misfortune with the previous photographer turned out to be a good thing! We are so fortunate to have great clients like you all! We had a blast at your wedding and are looking forward to the maternity/ newborn sessions!!! LOL Just kidding... well kinda :)

Due to a bad experience, my now husband & I actually switched photographers a few months before our May 2015 wedding date. Sophia & Derrick (her husband & fellow photographer) completely saved us & relieved the associated stress from the last minute change. First of all, Sophia answered the phone late on a Friday evening when we reached out to her. This was a great sign because we had many instances in which we felt like we were chasing vendors for their services. We were able to meet with her the following Monday at her studio where we felt completely comfortable that we were making the right choice. Sophia re-shot our engagement photos & they were simply PERFECT. She & Derrick were on time, professional, super creative, personable & just flat out experts at what they do. We just got back a sneak peek of our wedding photos and we have fallen in love all over again with their services---everyone comments on how amazing our pictures are. Sophia is well connected in the photography & wedding community so she's great at getting broader exposure for your wedding photos (if you are ok with it). We will consider Sophia again for future maternity photos.

Sent on 06/12/2015