Sonya Yim Photography Reviews

16 | Marietta, GA

16 Reviews for Sonya Yim Photography

Kate · Married on 06/18/2016

Sonya Yim and her husband were amazing! They were so professional and very accommodating. We've only seen a few pictures so far, but the ones we have seen were absolutely fantastic. The quality is great, and they really captured the emotion of the day. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have them photograph another important life event. Thank you both!

Christopher D. · Married on 03/05/2016

"Sonya produced pictures I didn't anticipate. She was so good that it was like she was inside of my head taking pictures that I would desire but did not expect to see. When I sat down with my planner to review the images, the things that I was thinking and dreaming about I was able to see in pictures. How did you know?! Fantastic. Thank you for making my 90th birthday a success. i love you and thank you again." - Annie Mitcham

Sonya was absolutely phenomenal! She did a fantastic job with our engagement session and her and her husband were great to work with for the wedding. They both do great work and the pictures turned out awesome! I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience, great pictures, great to work with and a great value. It's so hard to find the right photographer because it's such and important aspect of your wedding, and I was just going off of online reviews, I'm so glad it worked out perfectly. I wouldn't even think about going to anyone else for photography.

Suzanne · Married on 07/27/2013

Sonya is wonderful! From Day One, she was sweet, kind, and wanted to know what my husband and I wanted on our day. She did our engagement photos, and we enjoyed getting to know each other before the wedding. She and her husband were quiet and unobtrusive while being there to mark every moment. We also have lovely pictures of parts of the wedding we didn't see--like the guests entering the ceremony and chatting before the reception. The pictures are so beautiful, and Sonya and her husband made sure to capture the things that were most important to us.

Leslie · Married on 05/18/2013

Sonya is fantastic! I deemed her the "Picture Princess" and she earned that title. I have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. I had searched for quite some time online for the right person to capture our big day and Sonya was the perfect fit. I truly do not think that we could have picked anybody better for the job. Thank you Sonya.

Joi/John · Married on 05/04/2013

Sonya did our engagement photos and wedding photos. I told her exactly what my vision was and she captured it and more!
    Sonya and her team were extremely professional, patient and organized. Their promptness and eagerness the day of our wedding put me (the bride) at ease. They did everything effortlessly and paid extreme attention to detail-- from the album down to our thumb drive. I will be using Sonya as my photographer for future events. She's the best in Atlanta! Her work speaks for itself.
    Thanks again for being apart of our special day Sonya! You helped make it perfect.

Brittney · Married on 04/14/2013

You are amazing! I plan to contact you in the future.

Laura · Married on 12/01/2012

Just like any engaged woman, I went to one of my local bridal shows and entered every contest, at every booth. I would not consider myself a lucky person, but I entered anyway. To my surprise, I received an email from Sonya Yim photography saying I won half off one of her photography packages! I couldn't believe that I won the photographer I loved the most at the bridal show! Sonya and her husband were a complete joy to work with. I would (and have!) recommended them to every bride I know. I absolutely love how I have multiple views of everything! Having both my face, and my husbands face, during our amazing journey. A few months before the wedding, she sent me a day of survival kit for the wedding. It was so kind and really came in use that day! Everyone at the wedding said they kept forgetting we had a photographer because she was never in the way. While we were eating dinner at the reception, they took their favorite photos from the ceremony and group shots and displayed them on a laptop at one of the tables. That way people could stop by at and glance at them. That was something that everyone absolutely loved. She got all the shots I could of wanted, and yet wasn't obnoxiously blocking other peoples views. When we told her a few shots we wanted to have, she made it happen. Including a photo I wanted of the word love being spelled out with sparklers! Even after the wedding, she surprised us with her kindness by sending us a metal ornament with our favorite picture from the wedding on it! It is gorgeous and brought tears to my eyes. There is nothing bad we can say about this incredible husband and wife photography team. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Alyssa · Married on 10/13/2012

When I met Sonya at a bridal expo, I felt very at ease with her. I was looking for someone who understood the importance of photojournalism--capturing the moments that happened. I booked her for a six-hour event and received probably more than 1,000 photos that told the story of the night. Her assistants helped capture different moments and angles. The quality of the images is beautiful, and Sonya delivered them by CD, so I now own every image and can do whatever I want with them! (I've already made some canvas prints and they look so beautiful). That also means you can upload them to Facebook and share them with everyone.
    We also received some artfully done posed shots, with our family members, friends, the two of us and myself in my gown. The detail shots were great too, like the one of our rings on top of Hershey's kisses, which Sonya showed me on her camera during the reception.
    The final product was beautiful, but Sonya's experience on the wedding night was invaluable. The managers at the venue were often nowhere to be found, but Sonya helped us know what we were supposed to be doing, like how to cut the cake or where to stand. She was very professional and a joy to have!
    As a word of advice, in hindsight, I wish I'd given more thought to the posed shots ahead of time, so I'd have more to choose from. I would suggest brainstorming with Sonya on ideas for props and such, and check out her blog to get ideas for what she can do.

Velera · Married on 09/15/2012

Sonya was absolutely phenomenal and professional from day one! I absolutely loved her unique, chic and creative way of highlighting other weddings when she and I first met, she was so attentive to the details - everything she had, from her proposal folders, to her wedding albums are all reflective of her creative style and brand - i knew that if she was that artistic in the proposal stages she would be great for our engagement and wedding pics. I WAS RIGHT! I received a number of bridal surprise gifts in the mail from her leading up to the wedding day - it was so thoughtful and made me feel as though she was truly as into my day as I was.
    My husband and I were very, very pleased with her services and look forward to having her capture our next phase of firsts! (baby, holiday photos, etc)!

• Chuck and Keesha

Charles and Keesha · Married on 08/04/2012

We first met Sonya and her assistant (husband) at a wedding show about a year before our wedding. That day we met a lot of photographers and took their brochures for further review. Sonya and her husband were neither pushy nor demanding and they answered every question with a big bright smile. The display of their work was not doctored up to present a misleading product. The photos on display were actual photos taken by Sonya Yim Photography.

When it came down to it, not only did cost play a part in our decision but their approach and product was also a deciding factor. And being a husband/wife team specializing in photographing husbands and wives was the icing on the cake. We felt they were the photographers for us.

In the months before our wedding we met with Sonya and her team several times and each time was a blast. The Engagement Session was like an evening out with friends and was just as memorable as the wedding day.

The wedding day was hectic for us to say the least and family can be trying at times but Sonya and her team was professional, patient, and downright awesome. They made us feel like royalty because the cameras never stopped. From beginning to end, we feel like they captured all of our moments like no one else could.

The end result was beautiful photos, that we have the rights to, a beautiful album, and new friends for life. We love them so much they will be photographing our maternity photos and other specialty photo sessions.

I highly recommend Sonya Yim Photography!

Nana · Married on 07/21/2012

Approximately 3 months after my husband (then fiancee) proposed, I began searching the web for an affordable photographer and stumbled upon Sonya's blog. In a word, her photos made me feel "happy". What was even better was that when we finally spoke on the phone, Sonya was one of the friendliest vendors! She even offered helpful suggestions to make sure our wedding day pictures unique and fun. Her "Emergency Bridal Kit" that I received in the mail after our initial conversation was an unexpected, cute, and a very practical added touch. Sonya even came to Savannah to capture our engagement session on Tybee Island (where our wedding was also held) and Riverstreet, demonstrating how flexible she is. We laughed the whole time and people could see our happiness. Our wedding photos were the topic of conversation on both sides of our families for about 6 months! I just could not have asked for more from a photographer than what Sonya delivered: reliable, responsive, creative, prompt, the highest level of customer service, and compassion. I'm trying to come up with some event so that we can hire her again soon!!!

Emily · Married on 05/19/2012

Sonya is AMAZING! From day one she made me confident that I made the right choice in choosing her as a photographer. She checked in with me, answered my questions immediately and was always completely professional. Her and her husband both came and took pictures at the wedding. EVERY moment was captured. The pictures are outstanding. She even made a blog describing each moment of the wedding. I 100% recommend Sonya Yim Photography if you are looking for an OUTSTANDING photographer. By far the best vendor I booked!

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2011

Sonya Yim was amazing. She is very professional. Her photography is wonderful, she has a great eye. I would use her again in a heart beat. If you choose Sonya to do your pictures that is one less thing you can worry about on your wedding day. She was on time/early to every appointment.

Kristalyn · Married on 07/15/2011

I loved having you be partof our day and we got some AWESOME pictures. I only wish there were more individuals of me (and that you were closer to us so that you could capture ALL our future events!). We appreicate you!

Benita · Married on 05/14/2011

Loved everything about working with Sonya and her team.
    From our initial correspondence, Sonya was friendly, professional, and more than willing to do what was asked of her. She was practically invisible during our ceremony and reception, but the photos showed that she didn't miss a beat.
    We remain very satisfied with her role on our special day.