Sonju Photography Reviews

10 | Pompano Beach, FL

10 Reviews for Sonju Photography

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

I’m sooo excited that I got to work with Sonju for my wedding this past weekend. I already got a sneak peak and they’re beyond perfection. I cannot wait to see the rest!!! I also have to give props to her for being able to wrangle a big bridal/groom party as well as a bunch of kids to partake in the portraits. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking to hire a photographer- whether it be for wedding, or any other occasion!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

From the second we saw Stephanie’s work, we knew she had to be our wedding day photographer, in large part to her “no cheesy poses” rule! We’ve already seen a few images of our wedding day 4 days ago, and all that we see is pure candid joy and happiness...exactly what we wanted. We loved working with sonj as soon as we met her. She makes everything very casual, light, and yet still very professional. She offers everything you could want out of her packages, and we were even lucky enough to book the Juju booth too (see separate review of that amazing little number..) The day of the wedding, as we quickly found out, definitely tends to get a little crazy, and we were so thankful to have sonj directing the photos to make sure everything came out, and came out WELL. She found us some great light and all of my bridesmaids were obsessed with the Sonju grunt haha! They all said how much fun they had hanging with her all day too. It was so nice to work with someone who genuinely loves their job, and it truly shows in her work.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Dwayne · Married on 02/19/2017

If you are looking for a photographer to recreate the school days portraits, then Sonju isn't for you! If you are looking for someone to bring out the best out of every special moment, then don't think twice. Sonju and her team are definitely for you. We had the time of our lives shooting our engagement shoot. We couldn't wait for the wedding. The photos were beyond spectacular. The photo booth left a lifetime lasting impression on our guests. Great personality, great value, and great memories.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Julie · Married on 09/04/2016

From the first look at her website, I knew this funky, forward-thinking photographer was for us. Getting in touch was simple and her email communication was just like her personality - quick witted and fun. AND her photos blew us away. After booking, we received such a special, personalized gift and note and we further knew we made the right choice. We met in person at the venue a few weeks prior to the wedding and she gave us such great ideas. We adjusted our seating specifically FOR the fantastic photo shots that she imagined. It was a genius recommendation. She kept in contact the entire time before the wedding, was the first vendor there on the big day and posted sneak peaks within MINUTES, not days or weeks. Our final photos were more than we could have ever imagined. She knows so much and is so easy to work with....we never really "posed", we just enjoyed the day and she captured every moment. If you are lucky enough to book with Sonju, you will get to relive your wedding day and the emotions behind it over and over through her photographs.

Sent on 10/15/2016

lara · Married on 04/09/2016

Sonju was absolutely my favorite vender I used for my wedding (sorry everyone else!!). Her ability to capture the light in every photo is pure magic. I don't know how she does it, but she is absolutely professional (on time, organized, awesome) while at the same time I felt(still feel like?) we were best friends! I felt comfortable on my wedding day, never felt like too many photos were being taken, and she even got my husband to smile a little. I just got my album and I am blown away with the quality she delivered. She and her team are the best. I also used her photobooth (Juju Booth) which i highly, highly recommend! If you want your photos to look like a million bucks, go with Sonju!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Leigh · Married on 01/17/2016

I could write a novel to highlight every amazing thing about Sonju and her photos but I will try to make this as helpful and informative as possible!
    I was referred to Sonju by a friend and set up an initial meeting to see what she had to offer. It was everything and more. Her prices are ridiculously good; the value is unbeatable. Each package includes more than every other photographer I researched and is 100% quality. She has endless pride in her work and it shows. Her emphasis on printed photos was one of my favorite things about her. Social media comes and goes but an amazing crisp printed shot of the first kiss lasts forever. I ended up booking Sonju before I even had my venue. She is the type of vendor that pulls the rest of the event together. She helped me find my venue and plan all of the details.
    When I had a crazy idea for our engagement session at a house literally surrounded by water, she was in before I even gave her the details. The photos turned out to be an actual dream come true. The engagement session was the perfect way for my fiance and I to get comfortable with the camera and get used to the hysterical noises Sonj makes when she gets the shot. Once she's got it, she knows.
    Leading up to the wedding, Sonju has a meeting with each of her brides to set up a detailed timeline from start to finish. I felt fantastic about everything after this meeting, there was no stone unturned.
    Come wedding day, Sonju is seriously the glue. Her outgoing personality keeps things light and her professionalism keeps things in order. As the bride, your brain is in a million places soaking up each moment and having Sonju there to keep everything on track is gold.
    The photos are ready in no time, it's amazing how much work she puts in to it so you can get them asap. They are natural, beautiful, perfectly lit and perfectly timed.
    What I'm saying is stop searching. Call Sonj. Book her. Now.

Sent on 01/29/2016

It seems unfair that you can't select over 5 stars for Sonju and her work, she's awesome!!

During the wedding planning process, the hardest part was selecting a photographer. After spending endless hours searching and looking for the perfect person to capture the day, we found Stephanie (she was recommended from a family friend) and that is where all the worries about photography on the big day came to a stop. We knew after our initial consultation, she was PERFECT for our day! And she didn’t disappoint but went above and beyond our expectations!!

She bonds with her clients, and she was so helpful in creating a detailed timeline to go by for the big day. When going on her website and looking over her other shoots, you can’t help but to keep looking at more of her work! Her creativity, professionalism, and overall quality of what she captures truly shows she loves what she does!

The day of the wedding came, she was there with her awesome second photographer Gigi right on time, ready to be a part of the big day. We truly couldn’t have been more pleased and happy with how they worked as a team, captured the most gorgeous shots as we loved to hear the famous grunting noises and seeing them both light up as they were taking the pictures of the whole day. We got ALL of our photos and rights to our pictures and within 2 weeks of our wedding day! We just love looking thru our pictures over and over again. The way the photos captures the details and candid moments are precious memories that makes you relive the day over and over again. Need I say more?! Whatever the case may be you are looking for a photographer (wedding, engagement, family pictures, etc.), there is no need to look any further than Sonju photography.

Sincerely,
    One Happy Mrs. :)

Sent on 02/18/2016

NEILY · Married on 01/12/2016

I was blessed to work with Stephanie once. Shes incredibly amazing, Extra talented, Knows what she is doing and how to it with excellence, Shes fun, She likes tacos and shes my favorite wedding photographer!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Stephanie was truly amazing. She made the whole experience for us, stress-free for my husband and myself as well as for our two dogs which we included in our wedding portraits. She has great rates especially for South Florida and our photos turned out amazing. I would highly recommend her and will definitely use her again. Thank you so much Stephanie! :)

Sent on 04/27/2015
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 02/14/2015

Stephanie Sonju was the absolute greatest photographer I could have ever dreamed of. She will always bring an assistant with her to make sure they get a shot of every moment. Her pricing is from makeup to afterparty with no hourly time limit, which was awesome so there is no rush. We had many meetings before the event date to discuss timeline, what photos we had to have with which members of our family, etc. The photos came out great and she will give you full rights to the photos so you can get them printed as you choose and do not need to purchase every picture like most photographers do.

Sent on 03/19/2015