Sonja Whisman Reviews

20 | Cottonwood, AZ

20 Reviews for Sonja Whisman

Becky Grant · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Lovely Music!

We could not have asked for a better experience working with Sonja. She was easy to work with, versatile and flexible. She was helpful in making music selections and had several suggestions that fit right in line with what we envisioned. She also offered to learn anything we wanted if she didn’t already know the piece.
    She arrived early to set up — that helped reduce our stress level!!  She played before the ceremony, and post-ceremony during cocktail hour with classical to modern music everyone loved and enjoyed.   She impressed the guests … we received many compliments after the wedding about the lovely violin music.   She has quite a range of genre’s so you can get anything you want. We had classical, some modern and even some 60s pop music.  I would recommend her to anyone for any event! It meant a lot to me to have such a talented violinist provide live music as I walked down the aisle. I absolutely loved Sonja's playing.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/02/2019

Violinist for my wedding

She was great and very responsive. Sonja played at my wedding and everyone enjoyed her.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful violinist and person!

Sonja played violin at our wedding in Sedona and was phenomenal! She is extremely talented and such a nice person. Communication was easy and she has a vast list of songs and types of music she knows already to choose from, she even brought a microphone and speaker for our officiant. I would highly recommend booking Sonja!!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Maddie · Married on 11/28/2018

The best last minute idea

We were getting married in Sedona with just 6 people attending and thought of adding a violinist just 10 days before. If it worked, it worked, and if it didn’t it wasn’t a big deal. I came across Sonja and after talking with her we knew we had to have her. The day was perfect and her beautiful music had people in tears. I couldn’t have pictured anything better. She was very easy to communicate with and her choice of music was awesome. I would tell anyone that is looking for music to consider her, it was more than I could have asked for! Thank you so much Sonja!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you Maddie for such a sweet review. It was an unforgettable moment fore sure. I had a wonderful time playing for you. ❤️

Leah · Married on 10/03/2018

Sonja Whisman did an amazing job for our wedding day! She played for our ceremony, cocktail hour and the first dance. Sonja learned two songs for us and they turned out better than I could have imagined :) We are very pleased with her elegant and classy sound! Highly Recommend!!! Thank you Sonja!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you so much Leah. It was really fun working with you and meeting you on your special day!!! I'm glad you enjoyed how everything turned out! :)

Adam · Married on 09/15/2018

Sonja was easy to communicate to, easy to work with and did a great job providing music for our wedding ceremony. We got exactly what we wanted and expe

Sent on 09/19/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thanks Adam! It was a pleasure working with you :)!

rachel · Married on 07/14/2018

Sonja was amazing! She responded quickly to our requests, played beautifully, and was very professional. We highly recommend her! Thanks!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Kristen and Bob · Married on 07/07/2018

Here is a violinist who can tailor your requests to create a wedding that will move your spirit. Or you can leave the playlist up to her and a magical evening will unfold. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music and even a ten year old was compelled to make a toast to Sonja!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Rita · Married on 06/16/2018

Perfect, gorgeous violin music! Thank you, Sonja!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Tim · Married on 05/26/2018

Went the extra mile for us!! Sounded great and several of the guests commented that Sonja was the perfect addition to the ceremony. Highly recommend!.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you Tim! It was really sweet to discover that little chapel and be a part of your heartfelt ceremony for your daughter.

Kate · Married on 05/20/2018

We hired Sonja to play at a small wedding for a couple from back East. It was fairly last minute for wedding season and Sonja was able to accommodate us. Her repertoire is large and was able to play the song our bride chose just minutes before the ceremony. Her violin music lent a lovely tone as guests arrived. We look forward to working with her again.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you Kate! It is such a beautiful place and they were such a lovely, super-in-love couple!!! A real pleasure all the way around.

cara · Married on 05/05/2018

Sonja is very talented with a diverse/eclectic range of music. She was very helpful with suggestions and played beautiful music for out wedding

Sent on 05/13/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you Cara. Your wedding was so lovely. It seemed like literally everyone was really enjoying themselves :)

Katelyn · Married on 04/11/2018

Sonja was so incredible to work with. She was willing to accommodate schedules with me, learn new music, and was simply so kind. Sonja was the perfect addition to our wedding and I’m truly so happy to have found her! Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 04/12/2018

Vicki · Married on 03/27/2018

I enjoyed working with Sonja very much. Her professionalism was outstanding and her willingness to accommodate us made me feel very confident in her abilities.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Sonja Whisman's reply:

Thank you Vicki! It was real pleasure to play for your sweet little ceremony.

Karina · Married on 11/04/2017

We were so happy having Sonja as our violinist in our wedding. She did such an amazing job! It was just like I pictured a violinist would be at my wedding. She definitely put the elegance. My mom fell in love with her music, our guest loved all the songs. She played in our ceremony and the cocktail hour and it was so beautiful! She was so happy to coordinate the Ave Maria with my brother for our ceremony, my brother with the vocals and the Sonja with the violin, just beautiful... We were so happy. 5 star rating from us for sure!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Jen · Married on 08/12/2017

Sonja was phenomenal to work with. She learned two new songs for our wedding and was very responsive to messages. Our wedding was delayed quite a bit and Sonja just rolled with it. Her playing was beautiful and added a lot to our small private ceremony. I've watched our video several times just to listen to the music. We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Sonja Whisman's reply:

It was really enjoyable meeting your family/new family and be part of your sweet day. Thanks for giving me the honor to play for you.

Ana · Married on 04/29/2017

THE BEST, Sonja Thank you so much for playing at our wedding, thank you so much for learning the songs that we Love. The Italian music , the perfection of it was just amazing. Not enough words to describe her. Again, Thank you

Sent on 05/20/2017

Sonja Whisman's reply:

I loved being a part of your wonderful day. Unforgettable!!! I'm glad to now have collection of beautiful Italian songs in my portfolio!

Derek · Married on 03/11/2017

"Sonja recently played my wedding in Sedona, it was short notice and she was great at getting everything set in time. she was the first person there and one of the last to leave she had a great setup that made sure everyone could hear the great music she played! she was very accommodating with our request and it really made our special moment perfect!"

Sent on 03/18/2017
  • F

Fred Buttrick · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Wedding on the Rocks!

Sonja provided the perfect musical accompaniment to our slickrock wedding ceremony!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Sonja Whisman's reply:

I'm so glad that the weather cooperated and that you enjoyed the music! It is a beautiful location.