33 Reviews for Sonja Sevin Wedding Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist

Group Discounts (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
Contour Makeup (1)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)

I will hire Sonja again as long as she will apply the make up and hair because she is talented and knows her stuff. She is great makeup and hair artist and understands what customer wants but on the other hand her assistant Tina had an attitude the minute she walked in to do our makeup. Tina is not as experienced as Sonja is in my opinion and did not have patience as Sonja. I used Sonja services for my daughters wedding recently. She brought an assistant Tina who applied airbrush makeup on me and the foundation did not match my skin tone. I was expecting Sonja to do my makeup but instead she had her assistant apply the makeup on me. I was not informed of this before and feel it wast fair to me. My three sisters opted out of makeup once they saw Tina applying makeup on me. My makeup looked like a mask for the outdoor wedding. Sonja is professional and knowledgeable. I will hire her again as long as she does make up and hair on me.

Profile Picture User6597356, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Hiring Sonja for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! She did airbrush makeup and hair for me, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mother, while getting us on our way in time- and was even willing to meet us at our hotel at 7am to start! She was very personable, friendly, professional, flexible and patient. She has a very laid back personality which kept me calm the whole morning! Sonja managed to make me look even better than the pictures I had shown her, and I am VERY picky and particular. During the trial run if I wanted something to be tweaked I didn't feel bad asking, because it is obvious that she just wants to make sure you are happy and getting what you want. I highly recommend her to any bride who feels lost looking for a hair and make up artist. She is bound to make you look more beautiful than you could have imagined on your big day! Xoxo

Profile Picture Katherine, 12/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Discounts, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling

Sonja was amazing. She did my makeup exactly how I wanted it. I wanted to look natural the day of my wedding and she made me look beautiful and natural at the same time. She was lovely to work with. I look forward to working with her in the future again.

Profile Picture paola, 10/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja was such a blast to work with. I loved getting to know her during my make-up trial, and we had so much in common. I was a bundle of nerves the morning of my wedding, and talking to her and having her do my make-up made me feel so relaxed. She is so incredibly talented; she only did my make-up, but seeing other clients whose hair she worked on proves that she is truly an artist in every sense of the word. She was very quick to respond, flexible with scheduling, and very versatile in her abilities. I am a natural red head with very pale skin, and I was nervous that professional make-up would overwhelm my features and make me look too overdone. She matched my natural skin tone perfectly, made my eyes pop with a natural look, and (most importantly) made sure that everything was set for the very long (hot, sweaty, tear-filled) day! She was worth every penny. I looked fresh all day, and the pictures turned out beautifully. Thank you, Sonja!

Profile Picture Lacey, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
3.2

I got a trial done with Sonja a few months ago and decided not to go with her. A few reasons why....My trial itself took 4 hours for hair and make up. I sent her many photos of what I wanted done before the trial and she said she was "very confident" that she could deliver the looks I had sent her. Although at the trial she could not deliver any of the looks I sent her. The hair style I wanted had a braid, and as she started to struggle with it she went on to tell me she was never good at braiding in beauty school, that he friends were so much better she could never really master it. I'm sitting in the chair loosing more and more confidence and also getting upset because I felt like she led to me to believe she knew what she was doing via email and that she was confident in pulling off the hair and make up I wanted done. After an hour I finally told her to just go ahead and try a different half up half down style and that was a mess as well. My make up was a little hoochy mama looking also. I could have done my own hair and make up better to be honest. I did not get even close to what I provided in photo examples at all. After four hours she rushed to finish up as she could hear my stomach growling as I thought I would been out of there by lunchtime. I was so disappointing and felt jipped out of $100. I couldn't believe she still asked me to pay. I let her know in email that I would not be using her for my wedding in a follow up email she sent me. Since then I found another stylist & had no problems. I am still frustrated by how misled by her I was.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja was perfect to work with! I got very fast response from her every time I needed to talk. She listened to what I wanted and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. Working with her made my special day stress free knowing that my wedding party and I would look and feel beautiful! Thank you again for all of your work!

Profile Picture User5291676, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have Sonja booked for my wedding this April 2015 but I have done a trial run for my wedding hair and make up for my fiancés military ball that was in December 2014. I could not have been more pleased and impressed! She made me feel like a princess! I have never tried air brush make up/ didn't know if it would really be water/ sweat proof.. but it WAS!!! Sonja is such a pleasure to work with and very professional. I am so excited to see her and work with her again on my wedding day :)

Profile Picture Lydia, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I LOOOOOOOVE Sonja! I'm not the kind of woman who wears much make up. So I needed someone who could understand that but still make me look amazing without feeling overwhelmed on my wedding day. Sonja understood what I wanted and delivered beautiful and flawless look. She is so easy to talk to that on our first meeting (the trial run) we talked like old girlfriends, which made me feel comfortable. I was rather skeptical at first because I have a darker skin tone and oily skin. But once I finally seen the look she created for me I knew that my husband would melt when he saw me walking down the aisle. She worked diligently the day of my wedding to do the make up of not only myself but all of my bridesmaids and my mother. Not to mention she was very reasonable too. If I had to do it all over again, Sonja would be my first and only choice, hands down!!!

LaShonda Hodges

Profile Picture LaShonda, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja is such an amazing person! She helped me get dolled up March 8th 2015 for my big day. she met me at my location and made me look and feel like a million bucks! Her airbrush system was magic especially since I had a zit (embarrassing!!! Especially if your a bride?) any who!!! She's awesome I love her!! She's great at what she does I recommened her for not only wedding events but any occasion.

Profile Picture Aryman, 3/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja was the makeup artist for my wedding party. She was AMAZING from start to finish. The moment we made contact she was very professional! The day of my wedding she arrived right on time and was so personable and genuine. I felt like a bride after she did my makeup. I would recommend her to anyone needing wedding makeup done. I couldn't be happier with the way my makeup and bridesmaids makeup turned out! Thank you so so much Sonja!!!

Profile Picture Adrianne, 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja did an amazing job on my and my bridal party's wedding day makeup. She did exactly what each of us asked for and the airbrush turned out really wonderfully. I couldn't believe how beautiful everyone looked in the pictures! After my trial run I asked if she could tone it down to be more natural and she did it perfectly on the day-of. Sonja is also really good at reading the situation between the many family and friends present and diffusing any tension to make sure that the bride is comfortable and relaxed. She is wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Sonja through The Knot and did not quite know what to expect. I went to her studio for my trial run for hair and makeup and instantly we clicked! She looked at the pictures of my ideas for hair and makeup and then created exactly what I wanted. She listened to my thoughts and suggestions, instead of going solely on her professional opinion. On my wedding day, Sonja did my hair and makeup, along with my 6 bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law...all in about 5 and a half hours! Although this task seemed daunting to me, Sonja never once showed that it was. With 6 bridesmaids, I was nervous that at least one or two of them would not like their hair; however, that was not the case! All 6 were amazed that she created a flattering hairstyle for each (and quickly). She ensured that she had plenty of time for my hair and makeup and truly made me feel special. Not only was my hair perfect, but the airbrush makeup looked absolutely amazing, especially in our professional photographs.

If I had to describe Sonja in 3 words, I would say talented, trustworthy, and personable, and I could not thank her enough for making my day more special than I ever could have imagined! -Jamie

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I realize that giving 5 out of 5 stars usually makes a person pause and wonder if the review is real. I am a real bride who hired Sonja to do hair and makeup for my July 4th wedding, and there is not one thing looking back that I can say negatively about her business. I set out looking for an airbrush makeup artist in the Nashville area, and with much praise and high recommendation, I found Sonja Sevin. She was great to work with, extremely knowledgeable about the "day of" expectations and process, easy to communicate, and most of all a fun/energetic personality which was priceless when it came to keeping me calm and happy on my big day. My favorite aspect of using the airbrush makeup, was it truly did not smudge/run/or dull throughout the entire day (including when we exchanged our own vowels and I could not stop crying haha!). My bridesmaids can also attest to this as they all used Sonja for hair and makeup as well. We all looked picture perfect and felt like our most beautiful selves that night, and I have Sonja to thank.

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja did an excellent job on my hair and makeup an was so accomodating to my schedule - highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User4216105, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja does an amazing job, and really makes you feel welcomed in her home. You see I got married on memorial day and many salons and places were closed. It made my day when I got the email saying she could do my hair and make-up that day! She made me feel like the most beautiful bride, and the air brush make-up she uses is amazing and really does last all day, even in the hot sun and humidity. I get comments all the time when people see pics of my wedding day, about how good my hair and make-up looked.

Profile Picture User4196668, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja came to my home to prepare us for my daughter Emma's wedding. The airbrush makeup was so great. Emma and her bridesmaids looked amazing. Sonja was very responsive to the preferences of the people she was working with and their comfort with the makeup she was applying. She worked with the wedding party, the mother of the bride(me) and some other family members. I can safely say I have never felt so beautiful. Sonja was Los easy to work with and made us all feel so comfortable!

Profile Picture Donna, 11/10/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

My bridesmaids, mother, grandmother, and I were all very pleased with Sonja's work. We felt beautiful and she worked hard to fit us all in on site. There were a few issues with scheduling and fitting everyone in prior to the big day because Sonja was concerned about hiring an assistant. In the end we all looked great and everyone got done but my mom had to go first and we started at 7 or 7:30 am for our 4:30 pm ceremony. I would recommend Sonja but make sure you are clear about schedule expectations from the start and make sure she'll be able to accommodate your needs in the time frame you have. P.S. she did a beautiful job with my naturally very curly hair and worked with my hair rather than against it. I would definitely suggest that curly girls that want to be natural for their wedding talk to Sonja.

Profile Picture User2800146, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja did such a great job with my hair for my wedding..she even did my two flower girls and my cousin. She has such a great personality, very outgoing..I will definitely recommend her to my family and friends!

Profile Picture Krissia, 8/31/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja is very friendly and easy to work with. She can basically imitate any hair do or make up look you would like. She made me look absolutely beautiful for my wedding, and this was no ordinary wedding it was a traditional indian wedding! I was highly satisfied! I recommend her to anyone looking for make up/hair artist, she is good at what she does!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Money well spent! I felt and looked so beautiful, and my makeup and hair lasted all night! I would hands down go back!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

After searching the web for days, I came across Sonja's site and knew after seeing 3 pictures of her work that she was the one for me! Her style his modern, glam, romantic, and sexy all in one...perfect for a bride. She came to my house for the trial and to the hotel I stayed at before the wedding. She is excellent with airbrush make up, hair extensions, eyelashes, etc. Her prices were fair and affordable. She is very personable and professional, and she helped me look gorgeous for my big day. I am a bridesmaid in October and am definitely going to call her again!

Diane

Profile Picture User2371873, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja is wonderful! She has a great personality and loves her work! She was very prompt and professional and worth every penny to make me beautiful for my special day! She uses airbrush makeup, which stayed on all day and looked fantastic. She even agreed to do my sister's makeup and nieces' hair at the last minute and made us all look beautiful! She was very accommodating and I would definitely hire her again!

Profile Picture Debby, 12/1/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She was great. My face was flawless when she was done. She was patient and took into account all of my suggestions and feedbacks on what she was doing. It was great working with Sonja.

Profile Picture sean, 8/12/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Sonja was very helpful! She worked around my schedule and was flexible as I wasn't sure how many would be doing makeup. She was very calm and cool (which I needed that day!). My makeup did smear some, but when you're doing an outdoor wedding in June, that's to be expected! The lashes were great. :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/22/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

And to think I was going to do my makeup myself!! Sonja travelled from Nashville, TN to Savannah, GA to do our wedding hair and makeup. She is fabulous!! I had a black eye from and eye surgery (that I had 1 week before the wedding) and you could not tell one bit...I could not believe it....I also have super sensitive eyes and other makeup artists didn't take the care that she did. She did amazing work and I feel so fortunate that we crossed paths and she was available. At age 37, she made me feel so young and pretty!

Profile Picture Autumn, 5/12/12, 9 Reviews