Sonja Revells Photography Reviews

39 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

39 Reviews for Sonja Revells Photography

Andrea · Married on 05/15/2010

Can't say enough good things about Sonja, she literally saved the day! Our photographer bailed 2 days before the wedding and Sonja was able to step in and photograph our beach wedding. She drove out the next day to scout out places for pictures and has such an artistic eye. Super sweet, very professional, and wonderful work. The photographs are beautiful and we could not be happier. I am glad the other photographer couldn't make it! Sonja is a pleasure to work with and we are so very thankful she was able to photograph our wedding. If she is available, grab her! THANK YOU SONJA!!!
    ~Andrea

Sent on 07/13/2010

B · Married on 05/15/2010

Sonja is a first class photographer. She excelled in capturing creative shots. Our bride desired a photojournalistic style, but wanted the atmosphere to be casual, comfortable and stress free; Sonja delivered on all counts. The pictures are truly breathtaking. Sonja was punctual, unobtrusive during the ceremony, very professional and a pleasure with which to work. She understood exactly what the bride desired and fulfilled her wishes perfectly. Do not let her conservative prices impart a negative influence on the quality of her work. She could very well be commanding much higher prices but has kept her prices competitive and very manageable for her clients. We could not be happier with the quality of product delivered by this photographer and highly recommend her services. I cannot adequately express what a wonderful experience we had with Sonja. She is truly an artist! I would most definitely use Ms. Revells services again! Please take the time to review her online album and experience her expertise for yourself!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Suzette · Married on 05/08/2010

Sonja was incredible. She was there for my husband and I at every turn. My husband is very uncomfortable in front of cameras, but Sonja knew how to get him to relax. She was very easy going and had a great sense of imagery. I loved that she was just as excited about the 'story of our day' as we were. Our pictures are fantastic. I couldn't have asked for them to come out better!

My husband and I have already discussed using her again as our family grows. Thanks again so much Sonja!

Suzette & Jason Holley

Sent on 10/18/2010

Janice · Married on 02/06/2010

Sonja is an experienced and professional photographer with creativity and energy. She met with us at the ventures a week before the wedding to check lighting and review her ideas and what my daughter wanted to capture on her wedding day. Sonja is very personable and easy to work with. Any bride who chooses her will not be disappointed. Mother of the Bride

Sent on 01/30/2011

Angie · Married on 05/15/2009

Sonja Revells photographed my son's wedding on May 15, 2009. He was the first of my children to marry and I had no idea what I was doing in hiring a photographer. Once I interviewed Sonja, I knew she was perfect. She's young enough to be able to identify with the bride and groom, had great rapport with them (even though they initially had no interest in having a wedding photographer) and was lots of fun; but very professional as well. The wedding was at Shell Island, which made Sonja's job no easy feat. However, she was absolutely wonderful. In the months leading up to the wedding, Sonja was in contact with the bridal couple often; getting to know them and learning about what kinds of shots they'd like to have. The week of the wedding, she went to Shell Island with us to scout the location and position of the sun in preparation for getting the best pictures possible. Sonja spent most of the wedding day with us, was very unobtrusive and got some of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen. She has a creativity rarely seen in wedding photography these days and is able to remain in the background, practically unnoticed, on a day that's stressful for everyone. I found that Sonja's prices are very reasonable and less than many others I spoke with. All in all, she was fabulous and I would hire her again without reservation. Angie Adams Panama City, FL

Sent on 08/16/2009

Kris · Married on 12/20/2014

Sonja's style and personality really added to our wedding and reception! Her quality is absolutely bar-none while her prices are reasonable. She's a woman who knows how to get the shot and yet doesn't interfere with any of the activities going on. Her photos are AH-mazing! You will not regret your decision to hire her!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Sonja is an incredibly talented photographer and her prices are beyond reasonable. My wedding celebration lasted three days and she was able to get amazing images from each event. She took a photo of me on the beach that wound up on the cover of Gulf Coast Bride and they did a 4-page spread using her photos. She went above and beyond to make it a special package. I did have to wait quite some time for the photos, but when I saw she went through the effort of editing out things like power lines in the background of the family photos, I realized it was worth the wait because she really cared about putting out a good, quality image. And at the end of the day, all I have left from the wedding are my memories, a dress, of course, and these amazing photographs which turned into a beautiful album that I can share with people.
    Overall, I was extremely impressed with her and have since had two other photo shoots with her that turned out equally amazing. She is a gifted artist and I would definitely recommend her as a photographer.

Sent on 12/28/2013
  • W

Whitnee · Married on 05/09/2012

Sonja completely captured our personalities and made our wedding something more beautiful than I could of imagined. She had such wonderfully creative ideas. She is a true artist!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Lori · Married on 06/29/2017

2.5

We loved using Sonja for our special day. She had some great ideas and made some incredible photos. I can't wait until we have our wedding album put together and be able to reflect on the beauty of that event. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 03/30/2013

1.0

Sonja is a talented photographer, no doubt. The sneek-peek pictures were beautiful. Her demeanor is comfortable and professional in person. I marked her down in responsiveness and professionalism because it has been 14 weeks since the wedding, and I am still waiting for my DVD. The contract we signed says 4 to 6 weeks. After some stressful communication issues, I am told I will have the pictures in a few days. She is very busy and is not good about responding right away. Be willing to make the trade off of great pictures for so/so service after the fact if you want her for a photographer.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Sonja Revells Photography's reply:

Unfortunately with business growing so quickly it's true... I've had some growing pains with learning how to run everything being a one person show but have adjusted my workflow to better enable more prompt turnaround and contact with the numerous clients I have at all times. :+)

Bonni · Married on 01/10/2016

2.0

Sonja took a good amount of photos. She asked for a list of photos that must be taken, including relatives. She missed some important family and the one photo she claimed she could do. After the shoot, we had a hard time getting the CD with all of the photos. We received the CD about 6 months after the wedding and have yet to receive an 11x14 she offered free of charge for the delay. It's been 2 years.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Sonja Revells Photography's reply:

This is a surprise to read this negative review from the Mother of the Bride who emailed me after viewing the online gallery of 561 photos (from 5 hours of photography coverage) of her daughter's wedding where she wrote this below
    "I can't wait to order photos! You captured beautiful moments of the wedding!
    Thank you so much." I have never received an order or request for any prints, products or canvases. I did offer the bride a free canvas because I felt bad about not being able to reproduce a specific sparkler image that she wanted to have done with her friends running circles around her and her husband. I sent the MOB an extra copy of the dvd at no charge after sending two copies to the bride, who (I thought) was going to give her mother the second copy. The only "list" of photos I ask my clients for is a group friend and family photo list that they would like taken after the ceremony. I have never received a complaint from the bride or MOB about any "missing" family photos.

Tina · Married on 06/22/2012

1.4
      2.5
      2.0

My daughter used Sonja last year for her engagement and wedding pictures.
    The engagement pictures were very good and we received them in reasonable amount of time. Sonja was professional at the wedding. Some of the wedding pictures were very good. We did not get the cd of the wedding pictures until about 10 months after the wedding. It took 14 months to get the canvas print - which is NOT canvas, as promised - it is just a large photograph. This print arrived several months after Sonja told my daughter she would have it in a couple of weeks. It has been well over a year and we are still waiting on the album we paid for. About six months ago she told my daughter she would have the album in a couple of weeks – again, that was about six months ago. We have gotten no response from Sonja when we tried to contact her. It seems that at this point our only recourse to get her to fulfill her contractual obligations in full is to turn the matter over to our attorney.
    The pictures were good but I'm not sure that they were any better than any other professional could have taken. If you don't mind the ridiculous wait and/or hiring an attorney to receive the items you purchased and little to no contact after the final payment has been made, then she is the photographer to use.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Mike · Married on 10/05/2013

0.8
      0.5

As of today I have to rate a 1 becuase I have no photos, was told 8 weeks and 8 weeks later nothing to look at. 4 or 5 emails 3 or 4 phone messages and no response. It doesn't take much to respond to an email.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Sonja Revells Photography's reply:

8 weeks and 2 days later after their wedding 266 edited images were delivered from TWO hours of wedding coverage. I was out of the country shooting for a magazine the month before and phone communication was limited, I emailed the bride while I was out of the country, the person who originally contacted me to photograph the wedding.
    When I returned I immediately attended a conference in West Palm Beach where I was photographing at.. once home I had the images in the mail and uploaded to their online gallery, 2 days after my approximate 8 week turn around time.

Joshua · Married on 07/05/2013

0.0

Reading all of Sonja's comments and looking at her previous work I was very surprised at the lack of service my wife and I received! We were told 3 weeks on our photos and 2 months later NOTHING. We can not even get a response from her now. Very upset

Sent on 09/10/2013

Sonja Revells Photography's reply:

My previous time to deliver images was approximately 6-8 weeks... their images were mailed out just after 8 weeks. I have recently extended my turn around time because I am committed to giving/creating/capturing beautiful images for my clients which requires more time than I had previously allowed for myself with regards to editing. I always strive for the best out of my work.. on behalf of my clients, for them to have beautiful, romantic images from their wedding and great memories to look back on.