Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook Reviews

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 3
Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 4
Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 5

Chelsea · Married on 12/09/2016

I hadn’t met Kristan when I got married but man I wish I had! She is a hair genius!! I see all of her work in the salon when I go in and it’s fantastic. Her shop is adorable as well. I always use her for my hair color and I can’t get over how well she gets what I am asking for and how beautiful her color comes out. Plus she soooo affordable. I always leave feeling fantastic and I wish I had experienced her magic when I was a bride.

Sent on 12/12/2017

I contacted approximately 15 salons prior to my daughter's wedding. It was important (to us) to find someone that could do both hair and makeup. Although all salons were responsive, I immediately knew Kristan would be a perfect for our wedding. My daughter had a trial appointment a few months before the wedding which was well worth the money. This gave Kristan and my daughter time to discuss different hair styles and experiment with airbrush foundation. Kristan brought an assistant to help do the hair for all the bridesmaids which was critical to keeping on our "day of" schedule. The day of the wedding, Kristan finished my daughter's hair but it wasn't exactly what my daughter envisioned. Kristan was so flexible and sweet to redo the updo and the results were PERFECT. It is not uncommon for brides to comment after their wedding that they didn't like their makeup because it was too heavy and they didn't look like themselves. Kristan makeup look natural yet still dramatic for photos. I highly recommend Sonar Beauty.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review! I enjoyed working with you all. I hope the wedding was amazing.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2014

Kristan was incredible to work with! This was a destination wedding, so I went to Sonar for a trial just a few days before the big day. Although I was having Kristan do only my hair on the actual day, on the day of the trial she did both my hair and makeup because I was having super-late-in-the-game engagement photos taken afterwards. She did such an amazing job! She was also super sweet and friendly, didn’t seem put off at all by my awkward shyness like some people tend to be. :)

On the morning of my wedding, she did my hair, my maid of honor’s hair, as well as the hair of three other family members and a friend. I could not believe how fast she worked and with such amazing results on every one of us. She somehow made my just above shoulder length hair seem way more abundant than it actually is. AND it was still perfect by the time all of the festivities ended around 3am! Another thing, the salon was just the perfect atmosphere and vibe to start off my perfect day. It is super cute, especially the back room which Kristan so graciously allowed my makeup artist friend to take over that morning. She even offered us a bottle of bubbly she had in her fridge – exactly the thing I needed to ease my anxiety of being the center of attention for the day, ha! :)

So yeah, I highly, highly recommend Kristan for your hair and makeup needs. I wish I lived anywhere near Austin so I could go to her regularly!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Yay! Thank you!

Laura · Married on 04/20/2018

Absolutely loved having Kristan and Brooke do hair and makeup for me and my 5 bridesmaids. They were so fun and great to work with- professional, easy going and of course hair and makeup geniuses! They came onsite to my hotel to make our day a little easier, and made the whole getting ready process a breeze. I would highly recommend them to any bride in Austin!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Ana · Married on 11/03/2017

Brooke was my primary stylist and she was absolutely awesome! Very down to earth, easy to talk to, had a vision the entire time, and made me feel so comfortable. I set up a trial session with her and had sent her photos of what I wanted - I loved that she and I emailed back and forth to get a good understanding of what I wanted/didn't want; so by the time I showed up for my trial, it was easy to get started. On the day of, my girls and I spend the morning/early afternoon at the salon; Brooke and Kristan took care of all eight us in record time! While they were both efficient, nothing felt rushed, I felt calm and relaxed, and the cozy atmosphere of the salon is so chic and cute; it was so fun! I had 100% trust in Brooke; in fact, after my trial I gave her some feedback on what I didn't like (which was not a lot) and she made notes of that for the day of. I loved my hair and make-up even more! During my trial, there was another girl at the salon who also seemed really sweet and fun to talk to - you can't go wrong with anyone there! (The price below includes my bridal package and the hair styling I paid for my bridesmaids/mom) They know what they're doing, they know how to be efficient, and the quality is so beautiful. I definitely plan to return to the salon for a haircut sometime! Thank you ladies!!!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 6
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 7
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 8
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 9
    Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 10
    Sent on 11/19/2017

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

HI Ana, Thank you so much for the review! We enjoyed having you all at the salon and appreciate your business. I hope your wedding day was nothing short of amazing! We would love to have you back for some more services!
  • christa

christa · Married on 04/27/2019

Recommend for an offsite hair/make up

I used Sonar Beauty for my Bridal portraits and for my Wedding! We used onsite services each time and the staff were amazing! They make you feel very comfortable and relaxed throughout the process and were able to create the looks we wanted based on the pictures we showed them for how we wanted our hair and make up done and even gave professional recommendations. Kristin is a goddess with hair and make up! The pricing was affordable... especially the bridal package, and with all the services we had done we got out in a very timely manner so that we could head to the venue on time! I would highly recommend!

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook 11
    Sent on 05/15/2019

Jordan · Married on 04/06/2018

Sonar Beauty Bridal Nook was an awesome venue for my bridesmaids, mom and myself to get ready. We were able to book the entire place for a small fee the morning of the wedding and we had a good time hanging out and talking with our stylists. As the bride, I got extensions put in by Brooke, who did and AMAZING job. She was dedicated to making me look exactly how I wanted on my wedding day, and even went to get extensions for me to match my exact hair color when they didn't have a dark enough shade in the salon. I worked with Julie to schedule everything and she was so helpful and sweet to work with. Thanks Sonar Beauty!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Miranda · Married on 03/10/2018

They were great! The team was super easy to work with and made sure we had everything we needed. They did hair and make up for me and my bridesmaids at our house. They were timely and made sure everyone was happy with their look.

Sent on 03/26/2018

allison · Married on 06/10/2017

From the very beginning Kristen and Elena were so much fun to work with. My sister (MOH) and I went the day before my wedding for my trial. We got there and Elena was so professional and confident in her abilities which is very comforting to a nervous bride. I am a pretty go with the flow person, so after describing rough guidelines (mostly down, pretty loose and non-structured), Elena twisted my hair into a beautiful half-up half-down masterpiece. I have long (mid shoulder blade) and THICK hair, and she was able to secure it to where it didn't go anywhere for the rehearsal dinner. After seeing my hair, my sister asked if they had time to do her make-up. They were so accommodating and were able to squeeze her in and did a fabulous job. Kristen did my make-up trial, and it was flawless. She really knows her stuff, including how to pick shades to compliment my light complexion and auburn hair (I'd especially recommend them to any redheads as Kristen has red hair and definitely knows what works).

On the day of the wedding, the girls arrived early and ready to get to work. Most of my bridesmaids didn't have anything specific in mind, so Elena was able to get creative with some of the most beautiful braids and up-dos I've seen. Kristen and another girl did a fierce job with the make-up, and were able to accommodate both my glamorous bridesmaids who wanted contouring and smokey eyes as well as my more bare friends that wanted a natural look. I especially loved how perfectly they did the two mom's make-up to look elegant but age-appropriate. The best part is that these girls are FUN, too! They make you feel comfortable and like you're talking to an old friend. My hair and makeup stayed all night, and looked so good in all of our pictures. I would recommend Kristen and her team at Sonar Beauty again and again, and will definitely we visiting them whenever I need to be glammed up. Thanks again to these beautiful and skilled ladies!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Thank you so much!!!!

Holly · Married on 03/18/2017

I booked Sonar for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and mothers of the bride and groom for my March wedding after working with them for a friends wedding. I worked with Elena and Brooke who both did a great job! Everyone's hair and make-up turned out beautiful. Elena and Brooke both worked fast but made sure everyone was happy with their look and set for the night. My hair was beautiful and just the way I wanted it but due to a little heat and wind during my ceremony it didn't end up lasting quite as long as I would have liked. I had a little bit of difficulty paying for and setting up my hair trial but other than that everything went smoothly. Overall Sonar has great prices and does great work!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

we appreciate the review and want to say thank you!!!!

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

3.0

Sonar Beauty was a solid pick. I was a little nervous at first, because I had a hard time getting anyone to respond to me when I first sent initial inquiries, but after the contract was signed I never got anything less than professional and courteous attention. I did the package of hair trial, bridal hair, and airbrush makeup, and from the first minute of my hair trial Kristan made me feel welcome and comfortable in her adorable vintage South Congress studio. She also whipped up an amazing do for my hair (and decided AGAINST using jeweled pins for my hair, which she could have charged me extra for, but decided they didn't look right with the image we were going for). She looked at photos of my dress, and the venue, listened carefully when I described what level of elegance I was looking for, and took what I said to heart. My hair looked glorious.

On the day of, she and Rachel were right on time, and were cheerfully flexible about the rather small workspace of my doll-sized bridal suite. I had specifically asked for stylists that could handle African American hair, since all three of my bridesmaids had some, and they were both competent at handling such hair and making it look great. They also interviewed my MOH and bridesmaids on the day of as they were getting started, asking what styles they wanted, and really listening and adhering to their preferences as best they could.

Sonar wound up doing our hair, and airbrush makeup, AND false lashes for me, AND covering a small tattoo on my arm, and they were still done in under three hours! Both Kristan and Rachel's hands moved like they could do this in their sleep (probably could), and carried on effortless conversations with my bridal party, never needing to backtrack or do over anything. They had to travel quite a ways to get there, haul their massive kits up a flight of narrow stairs, and then go to work in a room with hardly any space, but you'd never know it from their upbeat attitude.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Polina · Married on 03/05/2017

3.0

They were really great. Can't recommend high enough. Loved how my hair and makeup came out. Brooke knows what she's doing. I don't do much makeup in my day to day so I was second guessing her at first but she was right! She also took my ideas/pictures about hair styles and came up with something for me. She listened to my feedback and adjusted what I didn't like. Perfect! The nook is also very cute and great for pictures. We had the whole place to ourselves :)

Sent on 08/17/2017

Sonar Beauty Salon and Bridal Nook's reply:

awesome, thank you so much!!!

Emily · Married on 08/25/2018

Kristan and Brooke did hair and makeup for my bridal party and me (the bride). They did a fantastic job. They were professional, timely, and very patient and sensitive to our needs/questions/emotions. After doing lots of research, I found that Sonar offered a really competitive package for the bride, including day-of services plus a trial for a very reasonable cost. Overall, I was very satisfied with Sonar and would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/16/2017

1.4
      2.5
      3.0

The makeup was great!!! The girls looked flawless except one of my bridesmaids looked very orange. She ended up redoing her makeup. The hair was incredibly messy. The braids were loose, there were bumps and lumps in their updo, and it was falling before we even got to the venue. We had to have them redo parts of the updo and they still were incredible loose and falling. My grandmother had to ask to have her hair redone twice and then she ended up having to do her own as well. My mother-in-law had to redo 3 out of the 5 bridesmaids hair. We should never have paid for ANY of the hair services.

Sent on 12/21/2017