Something Vintage Rentals Reviews

Something Vintage Rentals 5
Something Vintage Rentals 6
Something Vintage Rentals 7

Mirela · Married on 09/24/2016

Working with Dawn was such a pleasure. Very easy going and efficent. She provided feedback right away and was able to provide exactly what i was looking for. Thank God for Google, search engine definitely helped me find just the right person for this event. I'd definitely use Dawn's services again in the future.

Sent on 03/15/2012

Something Vintage is AMAZING! We used one of their newer pieces, which was a fire place mantel, and placed it at the ceremony site and it was to die for! I received so many compliments on it and it really was just breathtaking. We also rented the farm house tables and mixed chairs (among other items) and people just thought that they were just awesome. I would highly recommend using them. They are great!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Sugar · Married on 03/01/2015

We always use Something Vintage Rentals for their beautiful collection of furniture and impeccable service :)

Sent on 03/11/2015

Michelle · event on 02/28/2015

Dawn was awesome, super flexible, and her tea sets are absolutely beautiful. Thanks to her vintage tea set, chalkboard, milk glasses, and others we rented, the bridal shower was a complete success. Me being the maid of honor made it very important to make sure everything was perfect and I highly recommend Dawn and her company!!!

Sent on 03/14/2015
  • User4871671 · event on 02/22/2015

Dawn was fantastic to work with! She was super flexible with picking up and dropping off rentals and was very understanding when weather changed our ability to bring back the rentals on time. She was a pleasure to work with and I would definitely work with her again in the future!!

Sent on 03/12/2015

I worked with Dawn for the month before my wedding. They did the day of coordinating, and supplied me with my chalk boards, vintage furniture (for outside), pews for my ceremony, lace runners, lemonade stand, and bars. I can't say enough how great they were to work with. They helped me more than I can put into words. Everyone who came to my wedding said how beautiful everything was. It was SO hot that day, and ended up storming soon after my ceremony, and they made everything happen. My wedding was so beautiful because of all the beautiful rentals. If you love vintage pretty things, use them, they're amazing at what they do!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Sylvia · Married on 08/08/2014

Dawn and her team were warm, friendly and helpful from the start. I was already impressed by her beautiful china displayed on her website, but going to visit it at her lovely showroom in DC really helped. I could see how all the pieces came together, and her assistant helped me arrange their sample table and try on different accent pieces, as well as develop a plan for exactly what I needed. My wedding was at a winery and I wanted to pull together a vintage-country theme. The vintage china went together perfectly with my peach table cloths, gold flatware, and lace accents.

I knew I would love all the china but was surprised at how my guests went on and on about how beautiful the china looked, everyone noticed. They posted pictures of the plates and tea-cups on facebook, and kept asking me where in the world I found it. :)

I also found Something Vintage to be a real value. Since my venue was at a winery, I had to find rentals for everything. Dollar for dollar, Dawn's pieces were reasonably priced and were often lower cost than most of the china from the other local vendors. Not only did I get something so beautiful and unique, but it was affordable! I could not have been more thrilled.

Lastly, Dawn and her team completely saved the day when I faced a last-minute wedding conundrum. As a bride and having never planned a wedding, despite having a coordinator, I had missed some details to get everything pulled together. However, Dawn came to the rescue and I didn't have to worry about anything during the last few days and on my wedding day. Dawn and her team totally saved my day.

Sent on 09/19/2014

We rented our farm tables and vintage dining chairs from Something Vintage and they were picture-perfect. They were each unique and fit our setting perfectly---you could tell that they were not your typical rental tables. We are so glad we went with them.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Jacquelynn · event on 06/09/2012

I originally arranged for tea cup rental with Something Vintage for 70 people, but at the last minute needed an additional 10 tea cups and some tea pots. Dawn of Something Vintage responded quickly to my urgent request, found the additional tea cups, and provided the tea pots she had available (and even purchased extra!). The tea cups were beautiful--everyone at the tea raved about them--and they added a special touch to our event. I highly recommend Something Vintage on all counts--product, customer service, convenience, and pricing.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Jeremy · Married on 05/13/2011

Dawn at Something Vintage Rentals is fantastic! She is a very laid back person, and was extremely friendly and easy to work with. My wife had been planning a vintage themed wedding, and put me in charge of finding a place that rented vintage looking stuff. I found Dawn through a mutual friend, and she had EXACTLY what my wife was looking for! My wife was happy, and thus I was a happy man. Needless to say, I did something right for a change!

I dont know what else I can say, except my wife and I both would refer this company to anyone who is looking for that extra special touch and attention detail. You just dont find stuff like this every day, and we were both happy to have such a unique and memorable wedding!

Sent on 02/14/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/21/2019

Definitely recommend!!

Something Vintage provides beautiful rentals for such a good price!! So many of our guests complimented the goblets, the chairs, and the outdoor lounge - so so pretty!! Only downfall is that once you sign the contract, no matter how far out you are from the wedding, you cannot decrease your item purchase- apparently you can easily do this with most other rental companies yet as Something Vintage is a small company, they cannot guarantee that they will be able to re-sell items for an event (makes sense!). So my recommendation is to order less than more in the beginning and to ensure you are positive of the products are are asking for before you sign a contract on them - which can be difficult as things change throughout the wedding process. Lauren was great though about working with us in any way possible to ensure we were happy with the items we had and it was definitely easy to increase or add on items as the wedding approached, as long as they were available!! Definitely recommend Something Vintage!!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 12/30/2018

Beautiful Pieces

We loved the rentals we got from Something Vintage. We used a vintage mantle, farmhouse tables and cross-back winery chairs. We loved the look and feel these pieces provided to our vintage/industrial venue. The team was always responsive and was patient and flexible with our requests. If you are looking to personalize and upgrade the aesthetic of your event, I would definitely recommend Something Vintage.

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Something Vintage Rentals 8

Something Vintage Rentals's reply:

Hi Julie! Thank you taking the time to leave your feedback!!! I’m so happy to hear you loved our pieces and we’re a good fit for your venue! Your review made my day—thank you!! 😊 - Dawn Crothers (Owner/Creative Director)
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/18/2016

The farm table and lace runner we rented were beautiful. Pricing was great compared to other vendors and the quality of the table was beautiful. The process of transporting the table (taking it apart and back together) was more than I expected, but my work was able to handle it perfectly the day of! I would recommend a farm table for your head table!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/11/2016

We had a great experience using Something Vintage for our wedding! They were prompt with us, and made it easy to pay online with credit card, which we really appreciated. We rented our reception chairs, bar, and some display items from them. All rental items looked wonderful!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

4.2

We recently got married at Eastern Market and wanted to capitalize on a vintage feel to compliment the farmers market. My caterer and I started searching for farm tables and came across Something Vintage.

My only critique is that they can improve on their communication with clients, especially initial inquiries. We had a hard time finally nailing things down.

Early in the process, my caterer had most of the interfaces with them. During the month leading up to the wedding, Dawn and her staff were procuring several things for us to add finishing touches. We had a a lot of communication once it was "go time" and were able to make modest adjustments to our order based on the final headcount.

I thought their prices were really good, if not cost saving since you wouldn't dare cover those beautiful tables with rented linens!

Everything we used was so perfect for the look and feel we wanted. We rented farm tables (they have 2 kinds - refinished barn wood and whitewashed), a buffet (we used for one of the bars), vintage bar, zinc tables, and really nice wood folding chairs (for the outdoor ceremony). I could have done so much more with them - they have really cute props (suitcases, lamps, chandeliers), a sette, and gorgeous china. BUT I had to draw the line somewhere.

All of the items we used created such great visuals and textures for the reception.

Drop off and pick up went smoothly (according to my day of coordinator).

So while there was some frustration making initial contact, I could not have imagined my wedding without the amazing rentals from Something Vintage.

I want them to come decorate my house with all of their inventory! Too bad one of those farm tables didn't get left behind!

Sent on 12/12/2014