73 Reviews for Something New Media

Documentary (4)
Client Revisions (4)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

We used Something New Media for our videographer for our wedding and we are SO happy with them! They were quick to respond to any of my emails prior to the wedding, arrived on time and captured every moment we asked them to do! They managed to get everything on film while staying out of the photographers way so he could take our pictures as well. They were extremely kind and professional- we cannot wait to see the video!!! Thank you again!!!

Profile Picture Catrina, 5/5/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Blu-Ray, Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

From start to finish, Something New was incredible! To begin, I had a few calls with other videographers who were SO salesy. For my wedding, I wans't feeling it. I wanted someone who I could relate to, who knew my vision, and who could capture our special day. Not only did Something New understand me, but the videographer (Tyler), was AMAZING!! I have to say this, because it's a bonus in my eyes, my mom didn't even notice he was there! He captured ever single moment, was calm and easy to work with, and seriously didn't miss a beat. LOVED him. Let's also talk about how I received a sample video within 1 week of our wedding and our actual footage was to die for. I cried! The quality is amazing and the team is even better. I can't recommend them enough!!!!

Profile Picture melissa, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, One Event/Day, Cinematic, Short Form, Storytelling, DVD

If you are reading this and still thinking about adding video - just do it! If you are reading this trying to decide between video companies, stop looking! Yesterday, we got the trailer for my daughter's wedding on last Saturday, and we were blown away - seriously, it's not a video. It's a film, like what you would see in the theater to preview an upcoming attraction. Cue up the tears and pass the tissues.

Joe Ryan arrived early and battled the historic rain (most rainfall since they starting keeping records) side by side with us. He reassured us multiple times that we had this, that the film would be great - to just stop worrying and enjoy ourselves. He's great fun and kept things moving along! Robert Gaona joined us at our first outdoor shoot under a bridge (we were determined to take outdoor shots and had our umbrellas, rain boots, and clear plastic tarps) and he walked up and started working. These guys are pros!

When we started the wedding planning process, we had prioritized a wedding video. While photos are great - I realized that after 28 years of marriage, we didn't have any displayed in our home. We store memories as images and moving images are best. We love watching our wedding video because many of the people in it are no longer with us, including my father and my husband's parents. To watch them enjoy one of the happiest days in our lives is an amazing gift.

Of special note: during the ceremony we had what can only be described as a once in a lifetime moment. It involved a loud clap of thunder and the groom's reaction: it's forever captured on film. Do what you must to reallocate your budget and hire Something New Media to immortalize your day.

Profile Picture Traci, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Something New Media was incredible to work with from the start! We had many phone conversations and with each one I could tell that they only had my best interest at heart. They asked many questions to make sure what Tyler and I wanted captured most in our video would be there ! The day of, our videographers stopped at nothing to get the perfect shots. It was pouring rain and that didn't stop them from capturing all of the moments of our day. We have seen our trailer and It's incredible! It brings me to tears and I had so many compliments from all I showed it to. We can't wait to see the whole video!! Thank you something new media!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Add'l Hours, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, DVD

I can't say enough great things about Something New Media and the videographer James Kelley that filmed our wedding. I was married recently on September 22 at The Windmill Winery. The company was awesome at explaining each step to my husband and I and once we were assigned a videographer, James was very responsive. He was punctual, friendly, and we all barely knew he was there. Our wedding film came out better than we could ever hope for and it is a memory we will cherish forever. If you are looking for an amazing videographer at a reasonable price, I would HIGHLY recommend Something New Media, and if you can, have James film your wedding!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: DVD, Cinematic, Short Form, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

I almost didn't have a videographer, until an email for Something New caught my eye. Everyone was so thorough. They made sure they had our Big Day schedule and noted any major moments we wanted. Samantha and Katie were great long distance coordinators. Mike was amazing on the big day and worked seamlessly with our photographer. Our video was perfectly blended. So sweet, emotional, and funny. Top notch work.

Profile Picture Charlyn, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: DVD, USB Flash Drive, Short Form, Storytelling, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

James and his team did a great job for our Wedding! They really listened to our needs and knew how to make sure that we were not rushed that evening!

Profile Picture Myra, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

LOVE LOVE LOVE our video!!! Everything turned out beautiful!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

I couldn't be happier to give a RAVE review for this team. We had a small wedding in Chicago, and from day one I felt that Something New Media was going to be wonderful to work with.

Quality of Service - I was blown away by SNM's work, as were my friends and family. There were only 5 of us at the wedding, so it was important to me that we captured the day in order to share it with the rest of the people in our lives. Everyone who has seen our video and photos says they truly felt like they were there that day. Devin and Ryan caught the true essence of who we are as a couple. We've watched our video over and over, and can't stop looking at our photos; makes us cry every time we do!

Responsiveness and Professionalism - I'm looping these two together because all of my quick and easy communication with SNM was not only professional, but so friendly and comfortable. They asked us lots of questions so they could understand what we specifically wanted to capture, and were genuinely excited to work with us.

Value - Any couple knows how expensive wedding photos and videos can be. When I was searching for my vendors, I found myself frustrated by the price vs quality. I could get a really cheap photographer and videographer, but it was clear that the final product wouldn't be as nice as I wanted it to be. Then I found SNM. I feel that they are EXTREMELY fair in their pricing, and the work does not suffer because of it. Thank you SNM for being so great regarding Value!

Flexibility - Ryan and Devin were so flexible with us and our schedule. They even offered to stay a bit longer in case we needed any other shots. They were just so easy to work with and so go with the flow.

I can't say enough wonderful things - you made our day so incredible special. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/27/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Storytelling, Client Revisions, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

We are SO happy we had Something New Media as our videographers. They were so quick to respond during all communications before our special day and were so accommodating the day-of the event. They have multiple packages and choices on what type of coverage you would like. I did not use them for photography services as I already had a photographer, but they worked together seamlessly throughout the day. They captured everything so beautifully and I Highly recommend them!! Thank you!!

Profile Picture lindsey, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Blu-Ray, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic, Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Multi. Cameras, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Working with the team at something New Media was an overall great experience. Our next day wedding trailer absolutely blew us away, what a terrific way to get an instant recap of your wedding day, as I’m sure many brides agree it’s a whirlwind of a day and hard to remember every detail. We were so pleased with our full length video as well. My husband and I were originally worried about shooting the individual wedding day interviews as we thought we’d be too rushed for time or not say the right thing. I am so glad that the team reassured me it would be amazing. And it was! Literally the best part of our video was watching our interviews. I cry every time I rewatch them, which happens to be very often. :) Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We ended up choosing Something New Media to be the videographer for our big day due to the reviews of other couples and the amazing footage we saw on The Knot. We absolutely loved the work we saw. The communication up to the day of was great - the response time was quick and all of our questions were answered. A couple months prior to wedding day I had an hour long talk about the ends and outs of wedding day and what we wished the focus to be of our video. The talk was thorough and I felt good about entrusting them with our big day. On the day of our videographer was so much fun... he worked well with my other vendors and was hardly seen. He was never in the way yet still got all of the most perfect footage. After receiving our video back - we did find a couple of things that we wanted to change (only for personal preference - nothing quality wise needed to be updated). We were very specific in our changes and every single one on our list was accommodated within a matter of days we had our video back with the edits and we could not be happier with the final product. We will get to relive our day for years to come. Thank you Something New.

Profile Picture Meaghan, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling, Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Raw Footage

I could not have asked for a better experience with Something New Media. From the very beginning, they catered to our needs and made sure we picked the right package within our budget. They were very flexible when I had changes to the timeline. Our two cinematographers for the day were the BEST! They fit right in with our group and made the experience that much better. It rained the ENTIRE day and they rolled with the punches and made suggestions for possible outdoor places to go. It turned what could have been disastrous in to something fun.

We received our video before they estimated (always a plus!). I had a few changes and they made them immediately. The heirloom wooden container that we received as a part of the package was absolutely beautiful. Thank you to the entire team for your work!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/29/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Blu-Ray, DVD, USB Flash Drive, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

We are so incredibly blown away by how amazing our wedding film came out. We knew how great they were, but to see our own video, it totally surpassed our expectation. Everyone that we worked with during this process were extremely professional. They knew the exact questions to ask and definitely releaved some stress for me during the wedding planning process. Look no further because these are the kind of people that you want to work with on the most important day of your lives :) #forevergrateful

Profile Picture Karina , 4/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We had such a good experience with Something New Media! They were very easy and fun to work with and they sent us our trailer just a few days after our wedding. We got to watch it on our honeymoon and we were laughing and crying and I probably watched it 20 times. We cannot wait to see all of our footage and we are so glad we got a videographer for our wedding. So much happens on your wedding day and you will want to capture the memories! Highly recommend Something New. Very professional and experienced!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

The entire team from Something New Media helped make my husband and I's wedding day perfect! From the communication and planning during the months leading up to the wedding, to the professional, thorough and fun workmanship of the actual day, Something New Media never disappointed. We absolutely love our wedding video! Thank you so much for helping create such a beautiful keepsake! We will be recommending your team to all of our family and friends!

Profile Picture Melody, 3/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Client Revisions, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Raw Footage, Cinematic, Blu-Ray, DVD

We absolutely love our wedding film! They captured every moment of our special day! Thank you something new media for capturing these beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! Truly spectacular and amazing!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I loved this company! They were so helpful breaking down different packages and giving me time to decide what I was wanting to do. They answered in a very timely manner anytime I had a question during the process. Very professional company. I felt very comfortable the day of as they recorded. We absolutely love our highlight video! It puts a huge grin smile on our faces ??

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

What a way to capture the magic of the best day of our lives! We absolutely love our video, and we are SO glad that we decided on Something New Media. Cheers, and thank you!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/31/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Raw Footage, Cinematic, Storytelling, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

We are SO happy with our wedding video. Videography was a very important aspect of our wedding for us and I watched countless videos online before choosing vendors to interview. I was drawn to Something New Media because I was getting sick of seeing the same generic video over and over again and when I found SNM their videos were so unique. Each video they produce is different and they really listen to what their client wants. Our video is everything we could have imagined it to be and more. Everyone that has watched as been brought to tears of happiness. Their videographers arrived on time and worked so hard the whole day to capture every moment. Their responsiveness is very quick and professional. Overall a great experience and we are walking away with video that we will cherish for life!!! Thank you Something New Media!

Profile Picture Allie, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Blu-Ray, Client Revisions, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Storytelling

Something New Media gave us something that we will forever cherish! The video footage of our wedding day and the way it was edited was so special and brought to tears to my eyes. I can't wait to share it with our kids one day.

Profile Picture Alli, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We love our wedding video! They did a great job capturing the magic of our special day.

Profile Picture User7511747, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I loved working with Something New Media. Originally I wasn't going to hire a cinematographer for our wedding because I thought I would be okay with pictures alone... don't make that mistake. I am absolutely in love with our wedding film and I am so happy that I made the choice to hire them. They were so easy to work with; I came across James at a bridal show and I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and his (and the rest of the team's) work. They keep you updated every step of the way, and it's JUST ENOUGH communication (not too little not too much). If any of you future brides take anything from this review please take this, pictures alone will not capture the day, let Something New Media help you replay it over and over again instead!

Profile Picture Aidaly, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

Something New Media deserves 10 stars for their work on our wedding film!! To start, they handled themselves with the utmost professionalism and organized multiple video conferences throughout the planning stages to make sure their style aligned with our vision. We were so impressed with their work that we decided to hire them for our wedding in San Diego and let me tell you, it was worth every penny 10 times over. The day of the wedding, they fit in perfectly and I had family members tell me they did not even notice them at all throughout the day. They directed us for specific shoots so effortlessly all while capturing every special candid moment that made for the most incredible wedding video I could have ever imagined. This wedding video is truly one of my most treasured possessions and hiring SNM was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Take it from me, stop looking now and book Something New Media for your wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Storytelling, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, DVD, USB Flash Drive