Something New! Events Atlanta Reviews

38 | Buford, GA

38 Reviews for Something New! Events Atlanta

• User3915490 · event on: 06/22/2013

Something new helped make my birthday as stress free as possible. The decor was so inventive and whimsical, exactly what I had envisioned for my party. I am so glad to have come across a company that values it's customers and lives for making making dreams come true! Thank you thank you thank you, Something New Events, I will be using them again.... SOON! :)

Sent on 02/18/2014

Selena · Married on 05/26/2012

Sandy was extremely helpful and flexible throughout our planning process. The venue was decorated exactly the way we wanted it to be and she just made this a very easy and stress free process.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Nina · Married on 02/05/2011

You've made our reception a beautiful dream come to life in such a short time frame we thank you very much

Sent on 03/09/2011

Mary · Married on 07/31/2010

Sandy is a wonderful person to Work with for your special day. She goes over and beyond to reach your dreams. My wedding day was perfect and I have her to thank for the whole day.

Sent on 08/21/2010

Belle · Married on 04/25/2015

Mrs. Sandy was amazing! She made our event memorable. Everything was organized just the way I wanted. From the way I wanted our ceremony organized to even the smallest details of the reception, everything was perfect. She is extremely patient and actually cares. We can't thank you enough! God bless!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Shannon · Married on 04/06/2013

Considering it was a wedding, we had a few ups and downs throughout the process. The overall execution of the wedding and the overall look of the wedding reception was wonderful, everything was set up correctly and at the end of the day it made our special day great.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Maida · Married on 05/05/2012

4.2

Sandy was wonderful to work with. She truly made our wedding exactly how we wanted it. She made our dream wedding come alive. Sandy made sure her daughters and her husband were there to fill in for her when she couldn't make it to a meeting. I was so excited of how the decorations looked in the venue on our wedding day. Everything was beautifully decorated. Let's just just say, my husband and I were very stress free the whole time during our wedding planning. Well most of the time stress free :)

This was a great team to work with and I recommend Sandy for any wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2012

3.0

Sandy and her husband are very nice and friendly people. Terrez and I enjoyed doing business with them. The venue was beautiful. Everything went well. The ceremony décor was lovely. The reception décor was beautiful. Everything went smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time. We highly recommend Sandy and her husband.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Mica · Married on 11/11/2011

3.5

Sandy is a wonderful person and it was a pleasure having her as a vendor. She is flexible and will work with you for the wedding of your dreams within your budget.

Sent on 02/06/2012

Sent on 10/07/2011

D · Married on 05/27/2012

1.8
      1.0

Sandy Churley is an extremely nice person and I had a great working relationship with her up until the day of my wedding, when she didn't bother to show up or call to let me know she was not coming. I understand that emergencies happen, but as a professional business person you need to let the client know. She sent her husband, whom I had met once and had no idea he was a wedding co-ordinator and she sent her daughter, whom I had never met. Neither one of them bothered to tell me why she wasn't there. Needless to say, I was not a happy bride! I had to do my own coordinating and worked with the DJ and photographer. There were things at the venue site that weren't right and it was too late to change them. I contacted Sandy after the wedding to let her know my feelings and concerns. I had no wedding coordintor that night, the dessert bar table was not set up like I wanted, the ceremony chairs were not set up like I wanted, and the venue chef gave me a lessor price than what I paid for the food. She asked what would I consider to be a fair compensation for my inconvenience. I told her and she basically said well I can't make you happy so have a nice day. I asked her what did she think was a fair compensation....she offered $100.00. Needless to say I never received anything from her and haven't heard from her since. All I can say ladies is just be careful. I accepted the contract with Sandy because she was an extremely nice person, of course that didn't mean that she had any professional business sense...which I found out too late. I had 4 people at my wedding who wanted to use the venue site because they loved it; however, there was not way that I would have let them use it or recommend it or Sandy to anyone.
    D. Dalton

Sent on 09/26/2012

Cassi · Married on 08/12/2017

1.6
      1.5

I had a very bad experience with sandra! Everything was going great until the day of my wedding. on the day of my wedding sandras clothes were dirty and unprofessional. Sandra was very unorganized and unprofessional. she hardly answered and of my questions that day and i barely saw her. her assistant was better than she was in my opinion. when i walked into the reception hall the day of my wedding i saw that the color was completely wrong and all she said was there isnt really anything i can do about it now and that she thought it was the wrong color when she picked it up and only offered me $75.00 back for the color being wrong. Unfortunately my cake was starting to melt and i wanted to go ahead and cut it and i was told sandra said to wait while she finished eating and i thought that was just wrong on her part. Sandra promised me and my wife a lot of things that she did not follow thru on. the carpets were dirty and my feet were sticking to them there were ants all over the bar area. they served bottled and canned drinks. there were no lights on on the back deck and there were no smokers stands. when my guests started to arrive they had to sit outside in the heat without anything to drink and a lot of my guests said that she was very rude to them. the ceremony outside went very well but that was it. And it was on the warmer side inside the reception hall than i would have liked considering how hot it was outside. Over all my experience was extremely horrific i spent about $4,000 on my wedding and i think i deserved a lot better of a coordinator what i got.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Mo · Married on 07/07/2017

0.6
      0.5

Horrible experience!!! I was not pleased at all! Sandy and her daughter's could have done much better! Memories of my wedding are now bitter sweet because of their poor job performance. Rehearsal was a complete disaster, it was rushed and I was told to come early the day of my wedding to rehearse. When I arrived early on my wedding day, I was told that Sandy wasn't there because she was sick and not to worry because her daughter's were there to help. When I explained that no one in my wedding party knew what to do, they said they do it all the time and they would help. But to no avail, their efforts were very lacadasical. I could never find them when I had a question and when they did show up, it seemed as though they didn't care. As a result, the flow of things turned out bad, from pictures, golf carts rides, wedding party entrance, and the list goes on. Table seating was done in a way that was not discussed, which caused confusion on the day of. One of my guest saw her daughter's throwing a chunk of my wedding cake in the garbage. Another guests complained that they were told there were no alcoholic drinks when in fact they were. Other guests noticed they're behavior and told me that they were very unprofessional and dressed inappropriately. Sad to say my husband and I plan to redo our wedding elsewhere because of the horrible service and memories.

Sent on 07/14/2017