60 Reviews for Something Different Cake Couture

Private Tastings (7)
Cake Stands (4)
Cupcakes (1)
Groom's Cake (1)

You cannot ask for a more gorgeous yet delectable wedding cake than from Something Different! Maureen is a wonderful cake artist, and she was very friendly and welcoming in setting up our design for our wedding cake. We've always wanted our wedding cake to have both elegance and taste, and at our tasting she proved that she's an expert at achieving both. She also worked with our florist from Golden Gate Studios to arrange flowers on our cake. She also did a magnificent job adding bling to our cake, and definitely matched our venue theme and colors. The design was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined, and the photo pretty much speaks for itself.

Profile Picture Raymon, 6/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Not only is Maureen fantastic & easy to work with but she makes THE MOST delicious cake you'll ever eat!

She has so many flavors it was hard to pick but ultimately we went with pink champagne cake with raspberry filling and I'm so glad we did - everyone agreed it was amazing! She also worked with us to bring to life a unique design incorporating white papel picado for our Cinco de Mayo themed wedding that was even more gorgeous than I envisioned. She also did my bridal shower cake & it was so beautiful I didn't want to cut it!

Thank you so much again Maureen for everything you're the best!!!

Photo for Something Different Cake Couture Review - Wedding cake
Photo for Something Different Cake Couture Review - Bridal Shower cake
Profile Picture Erica, 5/5/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

Maureen is absolutely amazing! She sure has a gift with wedding cakes. I tried numerous cake vendors and Maureen was the best of the best. Her cake is amazing. Flavor is great and she has plenty of options to choose from. Maureen knows how to make any cake your heart desires. Her work is impeccable. She is very responsive to emails and works with anything you need. Highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture trisha, 11/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Maureen designed a stunning cupcake tower for my wedding. The cupcakes were simply GORGEOUS!! I ordered white wedding cake and strawberry champagne cupcakes and both were equally delicious. Maureen was a pleasure to work with; a true pastry artist. A big "thank you" for making our day sweet and wonderful. ❤️ Lisa Richards-Slater

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

Finding our wedding cake was one of the hardest decisions we made (finding what songs we wanted to play that night was the other); We had been to 4 other cake shops before we made it Something Different Cake Couture and boy! Am I glad we found Something Different! Maureen Girard, the owner, was wonderful! Knowledgeable and pleasant! Her pricing was a bit higher then the other shops we visited but her designs were flawless and her flavors were excellent! We designed our cake with her and, when we saw it the day of our wedding, I was BLOWN AWAY! It was everything I wanted and more! Definitely worth checking out Something Different Cake Couture, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Miranda , 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

I loved Maureen from the first time I met her! She was willing to work with me on exactly what I wanted as a wedding cake and worked with me on budget. We put together a few ideas and sketches of a cake and I knew from then I would love my cake. When I walked into the ballroom of my wedding and saw my cake, I was in love with it!! It was absolutely beautiful and flawless!! It was everything I wanted and more!!! Not only did it look amazing, but it was also delicious. I chose chocolate espresso as the flavor, and it is now my favorite flavor cake!!! I highly recommend Maureen. She is so sweet, very professional and very easy to keep in contact with!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Worth every penny Maureen was great! Not only did our cake look better then we ever pictured the taste was amazing !!! When you go for consultation she even makes a sketch of what your envisioning so you can see it before it is made :)

Profile Picture Brittney, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen has an absolutely amazing talent! She was a delight to work with! Her professionalism & creativity really shows the minute you step foot in her shop. Not to mention how delicious the cake was!! Our guests are STILL raving about how pretty and delicious the cake was. We had 2 flavors in our cake- Cannoli and Italian Almond- BOTH AMAZING!

Visually, our cake was simply beautiful -- I cried when I saw it! It was everything I imagined!

I highly recommend Something Different Cake Couture!!!

Thank you for everything Maureen!

Profile Picture Tania, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was exactly 1 year ago, and our part of the cake to eat one year later was also amazing! Although I'm sorry that this review came so late, I would highly recommend getting your cake here. Very professional, she helped us work through the style of our cake from scratch that we wanted, and everything went seamlessly as far as we could see. Our guests also thought the cake was
Great, not only the looks, but definitely one of the best wedding cakes I've ever had !

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen from Something Different Cake Couture truly made my wedding day unforgettable. The cake was gorgeous and tasted as good as it looked. Maureen worked closely with my then fiance and I to create our dream wedding cake. Would highly recommend her services!! Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Alyson, 8/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Maureen was the best and made this process sooooo easy for me!!!!!! My reception was in another state so I had to fully rely on Maureen to make my vision a reality. Not only did she create the most beautiful cake but the meringue rosettes as favors was just genius!!!! the cake and the favors not only looked amazing but tasted fantastic!!! I would highly recommend Maureen over and over again! Thank you soooo much!!!!

Sincerely,
Jamila Ahmed Marga

Profile Picture Jamila, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

If you are looking for the perfect wedding cake look no further. Maureen is so unbelievably talented. I had a vision of what I wanted my wedding cake to look like. She created it and perfected it more than I could have ever imagined. It was truly stunning. My friends and family were in awe. It also tasted amazing which is so important. Maureen was so professional and I can tell she truly loves what she does. I Highly recommend her. She is the best at what she does!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen did such an amazing job on my wedding cake. It was absolutely beatuiful. It was everything I had envisioned. She was so helpful, creative and easy to work with. The cake was not only beautiful but it so delicious too. I highly recommend her! She is the very best!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was beyond beautiful and so delicious! Red velvet cake with the most elaborate design! Swarovski crystals and crystal bands to bling it up but with a classy touch! It was beyond perfect and more than I expected! Maureen is a sweetheart and very accommodating! Responds right away to calls! She blocked off her entire week just to focus on my cake which I found so nice! She doesn't rush her work and definitely takes her time to fulfill every brides dreams! I can't thank her enough!!! Will be back for other events!

Profile Picture Chantal, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen was so helpful and did an amazing job on our wedding cake, it was even more beautiful than I would have ever imagined! She is great to work with and made our planning process so much easier!!

Profile Picture Lilit, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ill start off my saying, that I didn't have to do much searching after meeting with Maureen. While searching for a wedding cake vendor, my first stop was Maureen. Her talent is unsurpassable! She listened to my vision, drew it and just via her drawing made my wedding cake look exactly how I envisioned it! Her tasting was amazing and she was beyond hospitable. Just to compare, I stopped into another renowned cake shop and immediately knew that having another tasting was mistake. There is no one around quite like Maureen. Her cakes are not only absolutely beautiful, but they taste amazing! She is patient, caring, and easy to work with. My bridal shower Tiffany Themed cakes were the biggest hit. My wedding cake was stunning! It was the first thing I noticed when I walked into my venue on my wedding day! Maureen, there is no doubt that I picked the best of the best! If I had a chance to do anything over, I'd choose you a million times! Thank you for simply being you- talented and professional! You have a life long customer.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a wonderful experience working with Maureen! She not only made our one of a kind wedding cake she also made our favors that everyone is still talking about! The cakes from Something Different are unique and will leave an impression that will last for ever!! We can't wait to take out the top of our cake for our one year anniversary!!

Profile Picture Danny, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We hired Maureen after she had done the wedding cakes for both of my sisters. The value is amazing because she is very reasonably priced for how absolutely beautiful and delicious her cakes are. We wanted a cannoli cake and she had never made one before. She went above and beyond and learned how to make one and it was amazing. Everyone sat down and took time to eat and finish their slices of cake. Everyone was ranting and raving about it! She is also an artist so the beauty of her work speaks for itself! We would highly recommend Something Different Cake Couture for your event! Maureen is an absolute pleasure to work with and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Renae, 11/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen provided the cake and cupcakes for my recent wedding at the Weekapaug Inn in Westerly, RI. I can not say enough about her that isn't already said in previous reviews. My cake was amazing she executed my vision above and beyond. I said I wanted bling and she gave me my bling. Not only did she provide me with the most beautiful red velvet cake EVER, she also made the best cupcakes ever!! My husband and I are huge New England sports fans and she made us the most fantastic Patriots, Red Soxs, Celtics, and Bruins cupcakes. The guests won't stop talking about them.
I thank you for creativity and all the thought you put into providing us with our beautiful cake!
You were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her

Profile Picture leslie , 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Something Different is one of the best cake boutiques in New England - in my opinion. You cannot go wrong here. Maureen Girard owns the shop and you deal with her exclusively. Not only is she the nicest person ever and so professional but she is PURE TALENT. I don't know if her cakes are more beautiful or more delicious but they are absolute works of art. For my wedding, she did alternating layers of double chocolate cake and almond cake decorated with white lace stenciling and white pearl accents. It was absolutely incredible - guests were raving about the cake and I already can't wait until our 1 year anniversary so I can eat the top tier. It was so gorgeous I almost didn't even want the servers to cut it up. I've also used her for other events (chocolate espresso cupcakes!!) and so has my family. She actually also did the cupcakes for my Mad-Hatter-tea-party-themed bridal shower, complete with little playing cards and top hats on the top of each one. I saw more guests taking pictures of the cupcakes than of anything else. Save yourself the time of shopping venders and just go straight to Maureen, she is the expert.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There aren't words to describe how beautiful my wedding cake was that Maureen created. I was amazed at the sketch that she created for us, but the actual cake far exceeded our expectations. Not only was it gorgeous, but it was absolutely delicious. I am still getting compliments that it was the best wedding cake my guests have ever tasted. Not only is Maureen a talented artist, but she is extremely professional in her interactions with you. She truly listens to you as you describe your vision and then turns it into a reality. I cannot recommend Maureen enough. She'll make all of your cake dreams come true!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maureen at Something Different is a true artist. She created the exact cake we all had in mind. She was great to work with on every level.
My daughter's grandfather insisted on providing the cake for the wedding. Maureen worked with him (age 90) as well as with me (MOB) and with my daughter (Type A). She came up with a design that we all loved and a cake that had our guests asking for seconds .
I told Maureen what my daughter's favorite candy was and she invented a delicious filling that mimicked the candy to a tee.
We did shop around and her price was also the best and she did not charge a tasting fee.
The cake was so incredibly beautiful that it was a shame to cut, but worth it once you tasted it!
And this is the topper--Maureen sent me a refund after the wedding because she did not need to use as many flowers on the cake as she originally thought she would. Who, in this day and age would do that?
She is so honest and a true professional.

Profile Picture User4515406, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could not have dreamed of a more beautiful cake! Maureen at something different cake couture allowed me to custom design my wedding cake and it came out more beautiful than I imagined. It had cascading gum paste roses, which she hand made, from top to bottom, and it was just gorgeous. Maureen definitely knows what she is doing. She is an artist and works with every budget. I would highly recommend choosing her!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I'm sooo happy i got my wedding cake from here!! One meeting with Maureen and she came up with a great design for my cake (better than what i envisioned) and was so surprised by how beautiful it came out to be! Besides that, we got the cannoli cake and everyone raved how delicious it was!

Profile Picture Annie, 9/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

100% Hands Down the Best!!!!!!! Maureen is above and beyond. A++ for service, customer service and super responsive. Professionalism is top of her game and the most important is that her cakes are just so so so so yummy! The artist in her and the decor is also A+++. My huge suggestion is if you are thinking of using Something Different Cake Couture just go and see for yourself how outstanding they are! I am so thrilled with our wedding mini cakes, and also my bridal shower cake. I was not part of the planning for the bridal shower but my mother used Something Different Cake Couture. The cake was a "theme cake" and it was spot on perfect in decor. When I took a bite I asked my mother "who did this cake?" I knew right then who would be doing my dessert at my wedding. My husband and I was just so pleased and highly recommend Something Different Cake Couture! We will be using them again in the future for other events.

Profile Picture Sara, 8/31/14, 22 Reviews