56 Reviews for Something Borrowed, Something New Events

Timelines (2)
To-Do Lists (2)
Partial Planning (1)
Civil (1)

I cannot say enough great things about Stacy and Something Borrowed, Something New events. SHE IS THE BEST!!

Hiring Stacy was the best decision I made for our wedding - I am positive we would not have been able to do it without her! Since the very first conversation with Stacy, she has been nothing short of amazing. She totally understood my vision for the wedding and went above and beyond to find vendors that would align with my style and budget. Through countless phone conversations, she thought of every. single. detail. Seriously, like things I would never have thought of in a million years. She made sure I was on track for the handful of things I was responsible for and pointed me in the right direction when I got stuck. The day of the wedding was PERFECT. Stacy and her team ensured the day was executed flawlessly, including set up, transportation and more. Now that it's over, I'm going to miss our chats! It was so great having someone like Stacy in my corner during the stressful wedding planning process. I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Profile Picture Renee, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Stacy was incredible. I was looking for a day of coordinater for our park ceremony and backyard reception to help tie all the loose ends together and booking Stacy gave me all that and more. She caught little things in our plans to touch up, gave great advice on some of the tricky details and was a calming positive voice when it got extra busy. Our day ran so smoothly and was everything that we had hoped it would be. She provided everyone with a schedule and made our day so stress free. We were able to enjoy our day without worrying about anything. Thank you to Stacy and her team for their dedication and hard work, they really do want to make everything perfect!

Profile Picture User5331455, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Terri was absolutely amazing and so helpful with planning our honeymoon. She came highly recommended to us by another couple, and I'm so glad because she is amazing! She is very prompt and responsive to messages, always willing to go the extra mile for her clients. We are so thankful we met her!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel
4.3

Stacy was flexible, responsive, and detail oriented. She went the extra mile to ensure that all the details from decoration, to vendors, to the honeymoon were all taken care of. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Candace, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Stacy was absolutely amazing! My big day was my dream come true because of her! At first my husband did not think we needed a planner but the stress of planning and working full time was really getting to me. I also needed some advice on a few ideas. After the first conversation with Stacy I knew I needed her! She was asking questions and offering suggestions on things I didn't even think of. She kept the planning process on track and met with the vendors so we were all on the same page. The day of the wedding Stacy and her team kept everything on schedule and organized. She took care of everything and my husband and I got to truly enjoy our night with family and friends! Multiple family members told me how impressed they were with Stacy and how smooth everything went. My husband now agrees that hiring Something Borrowed Something New Events was the best money we spent for our wedding!! i can not thank Stacy and her team enough, our wedding day was perfect!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Something Borrowed, Something New Events helped us to plan our wedding, and they were awesome to work with! Our wedding went just the way we had envisioned it. I would highly recommend SBSN for your wedding!

Profile Picture User4660335, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

After having several friends that have gotten married and listening to their experiences with wedding planning, I knew that I wanted to somehow fit in our budget a wedding planner for my wedding. I wanted to enjoy the process and not be stressed out! I researched several wedding planners/event coordinators with varying prices and decided on Something Borrowed Something New Events because of their attention to detail and organization. Stacy is not only detail-oriented but also friendly, professional, and resourceful. She "got" the vision I was going for and was very helpful in providing us with options, insights and ideas that helped us to make our day the most special day ever! I also loved that Stacy was not only extremely helpful with planning for the months leading up to the wedding, but on the actual day of our wedding I did not have think or worry about a thing! Every single detail for setup and take down was taken care of by Stacy and Terri, all I had to do was sit back and enjoy my wedding day. I would highly recommend hiring a wedding planner and Something Borrowed Something New Events, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Terri from Something Borrowed Something New Events was sensational to work with! She helped us plan our destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico and it was amazing. Terri was on top of all the details during the planning process and was very easy to get in touch with and there was never a delay in communication. She helped us find other vendors as well (photography, Decor, Flowers, etc) and she even came down to Mexico with us to deal with all the loose ends and Day of Events.... Terri had her work cut out for her because on the Day of my Wedding, the Reception space lost power and we had to move my reception to the beach -> Terri quickly moved everything and set up the space beautifully and we got married under a full moon on the sandy beach! It was beautiful! Terri always made me feel at ease during the planning process and I was never overwhelmed or anxious. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we could not have done it without Terri and SBSN Events! Thank You Terri!!

Profile Picture RACHEL, 1/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We just had our wedding in Cancun, Mexico on November 8, 2015. Terri was our wedding planner and she was excellent to work with. She provided accurate information and she was extremely knowledgeable and professional on planning a wedding in Mexico. She was also very patient and very friendly and fun. Our guest also loved her and said her response time was impressive. Terri helped plan our wedding and i can honestly say our wedding was AMAZING! My husband and i could not have asked for a better wedding planner. I also would like to mention not one thing went wrong on the day of our wedding which is very unheard of. I would recommend Something Borrowed, Something New Events to anyone who plans on getting married. You will not be disappointed with their services.

Profile Picture pauline, 11/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Terri was very easy to work with. She always wanted to make sure that our needs were being met and were happy. She had great ideas if I wasn't sure what option to choose when it came to decor or when choosing our destination wedding venue! She has a lot of experience with destination weddings and was able to calm our nerves. Having Terri as our wedding planner made the whole wedding process that much less stressful. She hooked us up with one of her partners in Aruba, Lissy, who was also amazing and made my wedding day incredible. Terri made sure we were staying on track with all the deadlines to order items so we could have a smooth stress free wedding day! Overall, we were very satisfied with Terri and would recommend her to others!

Profile Picture User5402336, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had just over 2 months to plan the wedding. Thanks to Terri Altergott the wedding was a huge success. After the wedding multiple people said to us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

First, Terri helped us pick vendors very fast -e.g., we finalized the invitations in 24 hours - and they all turned out to be excellent and fit into the style we wanted for the event. As a cross-cultural wedding (I am Indian and my wife is American) Terri helped blend cross-cultural aspects into the wedding. Terri also helped us stay focused on decisions as the day got close. On the day Terri kept us free of worrying about the arrangements. Thanks to her everything went off wonderfully.

In hindsight Terri was invaluable and we could not have pulled this off without her. We relied on her for all sorts of decisions - which florist to choose among 2 excellent ones, how to set up the flowers, how to get the best value from our flower budget - as well as ensuring the logistics were carried out superbly.

Profile Picture User5244517, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My dream came true! I had everything I wanted without stressing or becoming a bridezilla. Terri from Something Borrowed Something New is an amazing person. She did the impossible in order to create the vision for our wedding. At first when we first started the wedding process, my husband and I had no idea where to start but she made everything easy while managing costs. If I could write every word of what people said about the wedding, Gosh I could write a book! Everyone loved everything about the wedding specially since they never imagine it would be so detailed. I loved hearing those comments because this is what we wanted for our wedding and we were fortunate enough to work with Terri to make this dream come true. Terri stayed on top of things and made sure everything was done as we got closer to the wedding. Arthur from StyleStudio gave us more than we could ask for!! Terri will help you find the right vendors for your wedding! For future brides out there looking for a wedding planner, Terri is the best person for that. She will make sure you get everything you ask for!!

Profile Picture Diana, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We didn’t originally hire Something Borrowed Something New. We were working with another planner for a time, and had a really bad experience. The best decision that we made was to end it with the current planner and sign a contract with SBSNE. There was never a moment where I did not feel like my wedding wasn’t the top priority. She really is the strong arm that you need when you’re planning your wedding.
Here are some examples of her super-human awesomeness: She has a background in finance, which is awesome for budgeting. She also has a background in psychology, which comes in handy when you have a ring bearer refusing to do his job the day before the wedding, and when there are disagreements with family and whatnot. Terri is, hands-down, the most organized, detail-oriented, and thorough person I have ever met.
I also felt that I could trust her with anything. For example, she wasn’t afraid to say that while she’s great at financials and planning, she doesn’t have that “design brain,” which is why she works with people, such as Arthur from Style Studio, who do (Arthur did a beautiful job). Additionally, she is totally up front about any incentives that she might receive, which for the most part, went right back into our pocket. It’s also good to know that she’s a Midwesterner, which means that she’s super nice and is very easy to get along with.
As far as the day of the wedding went, I woke up knowing that Terri had everything under control- all I had to do was get married and have fun! Everything went exactly as planned. My wedding day was probably the least stressful day of my life (how many brides can say that?), all because I had Terri by my side.
My wedding was featured in Southern New England Weddings magazine. I had the most difficult time getting extra copies until I called Terri, who came to the rescue again. The point I want to make is that she’s even there for me way after the wedding’s been over.

Profile Picture Abby, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

As I sit underneath our covered patio on this rainy day during our honeymoon, my husband Ryan and I cannot stop reminiscing about our amazing wedding and overall experience leading up to the best day of our lives. I owe everything to Terri and Beth at Something Borrowed Something New (SBSN) for making our big day so effortless and perfect! From our very first meeting, I knew Terri and Beth were the best of the best, and that we would be in good hands while planning our wedding; Terri was incredibly organized, concise, and a wonderful listener. She immediately "got us", and went above and beyond to make the planning experience stress free. She and Beth gave spot-on advice, helped keep my scatter-brain on top of things, and never let anything fall through the cracks.
I found SBSN to be incredibly helpful in choosing our vendors; from helping us find the perfect photographer (Matt Wood Photography), our amazing DJ with a photo booth (Ra-Mu & The Crew), our florist Allison (The Frugal Flower), to the best invitation and paper goods vendor Addie (White On White Invites), Terri & Beth nailed every detail and helped us create the Rustic-Chic fall wedding of our dreams.
Our wedding day was also impeccably planned using SBSN's detailed and extremely helpful timeline so that our wedding party always knew where to be and when, allowing us all to relax and enjoy! From setting up our cigar and candy bars, to making sure our guests got home safely, Terri and Beth made sure our day was fun, memorable, and flawless. They saved the day numerous times by fixing last minute busted button’s, a stain on my wedding dress, and locked rooms that had our burlap table runners; Terri & Beth handled it all with grace and we honestly couldn’t have asked for a better team.
I highly recommend any bride, whether in New England or elsewhere, to take advantage of this amazing team of experts; they are truly the best of the best!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We definitely recommend Something Borrowed, Something New Events. 5 Start rating!!!!!
Our wedding was in the Caribbean. She did an awesome job from planning to execution. We really appreciated and enjoyed working with her. Her help was tremendous!

1.Planning
Terri plans ahead of time and keeps timelines and deadlines very seriously. Those are key to a successful event.

2.Communication
She is responsive (both on the phone and email). She gets back to you in a very short time and provides accurate and very detailed information, but also presents available options and thinks out of the box for more ideas. She listens and understands the couple's requests and makes sure they are addressed appropriately.

3.Knowledgeable
She understands the business and knows inside tricks which can be beneficial to your event in the long run. She is professional, courteous, friendly and works with you to make sure your event or ceremony is as less stressful as possible.

4.She's familiar with African and destination weddings
For those of you who are looking for a destination wedding, we highly recommend her services. She has experience with couples with African traditions. For those who are looking for a event planner with extensive experience working with with people from different cultures and backgrounds, Something Borrowed, Something New Events is your place!!

Don't delay, reach out to her today!!!

Clemmy & Bert Muhire :)

Profile Picture Clemmy, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Beth Rolfe is absolutely amazing, honestly speaking - mere words simply do not do her enough justice! If ever I needed event planning services of ANY kind, I have her number in my ipgone as a favorite. SBSN, is the ONLY call to make!!!

Profile Picture LeTeesha, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Terri was absolutely terrific. She did everything possible to accommodate our needs for our trip to Punta Cana and for our "30th" wedding anniversary vow renewal this year. She responded to all emails and all phone calls in a very timely and professional manner. She sought out the best possible deals to accommodate our somewhat limited budget. She even let us borrow a table and offered to let us use some of her own personal items. This is now 4 times we have used her services. Myself and my wife have only had exceptional service. Way to go Terri! We wouldn't even consider anyone else.

Profile Picture John, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning

We had more than an amazing time in Aruba, and I think its safe to say that our family and friends did too! The consensus was that we had the best wedding they have ever been to!!! That definitely would not have been possible without Terri Altergott and SBSN Events! I am so fortunate to have found them! Terri was beyond personable, sensitive, attentive and respectful of every need or want. I cannot say enough how highly recommended they come!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beth of Something Borrowed, Something New Events provided my husband and I with "last minute" coordination services for our wedding a few weeks ago, and she was absolutely fantastic. She worked tirelessly to make sure that we got everything we wanted on our special day. From going up to the bridal suite after the ceremony to grab me a pair of flats in exchange for my uncomfortable heels to convincing the hotel to give us an extra half an hour in the ballroom free of charge (we started late), Beth one hundred percent set the standard for how wedding vendors should operate. If we have another large event in the area, Something Borrowed, Something New Events will be involved from the beginning.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Terri has been a wonderful wedding planner. My wife and I sought her help 2 months before the scheduled wedding date, and within just two months, she organized everything and did what we thought were impossible. The day of our wedding went wonderfully, and it certainly would not have happened had we not received Terri's help. Her professionalism and caring nature relieved us much of the stress during preparation, and we were thoroughly pleased. I would highly recommend her to any of my friends.

Profile Picture Philip, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you want your wedding day to go absolutely perfect, do yourself the biggest favor and hire Beth Rolfe as your coordinator. This incredible woman made our special day even better than I could have imagined. Although I did not have the pleasure of meeting Beth prior to our big day, because of my crazy schedule, I was lucky enough to be introduced to her through Matt Wood of Matt Wood Photography. Beth and I had spoke a few times before, and her love and knowledge for her career unveiled even through text messages and phone calls. The morning of, I believed I had thought of everything, down to the smallest detail. Even when the night was quickly coming to an end, I still assumed I had thought of everything because of how smoothly the day had gone. However, my family informed me the next morning of all the hiccups that had occurred that my guests and I were completely oblivious to. Beth handled all the details forgotten and mistakes made without my knowledge. She went above and beyond to insure that our day was beautiful; making sure the food came out in a timely manner, fixing torn pants or shirts on a few groomsmen, putting our gifts in a safe place, and making sure my husband and I had pieces of cake and champagne in our bridal suite for when the night was over. Beth even took a ride to get my husband new socks (he had worn white ankle socks, of course). My family and I still refer to her as, "The Wedding Ninja." I cannot thank Beth enough, she was one of the core reasons why our day was as special as it could possibly get.

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Five months ago when my daughter asked my opinion about hiring a "day-of" coordinator for her wedding, I was thinking that between the two of us we were very task-oriented and extremely organized and why would we need someone else's help? THANK the heavens she hired Terri Altergott from
Something Borrowed, Something New Events. It was the BEST INVESTMENT she made in her wedding.

After the initial meeting with Terri and her detailed interview process about all aspects of the wedding, my daughter and I looked at each other and said "She's HIRED!" My daughter and her fiancé had chosen a beautiful Berkshire Mountain venue Santarella Estate and Gardens for their wedding/reception and because we live two-hours away, there was plenty of "distance" planning necessary.

Terri quickly became involved with all vendors: venue, hotel, caterer, tent company, officiate, photographer, videographer, rehearsal dinner, DJ, hair/make-up and transportation. She reviewed and crossed-referenced vendor contracts and found numerous oversights that could have proved disastrous on the wedding day. She fielded questions from all parties involved; helped solve a few vendor disagreements and diffused delicate family issues.

In addition to coordinating and providing support for the wedding rehearsal; her presence (and her assistant Patty) at the wedding was absolutely invaluable! Unless you have planned and executed a wedding before, you really have no idea how MANY details need to come together on the day itself. Terri was there EVERY step of the way. Looking back on the wedding (which was actually only 72 hours ago) I think about how many times I heard Terri say, "I'll go do that" or "Let me handle that - you go enjoy."

My daughter and her husband had the wedding they dreamed of - the day was absolutely magical and filled with love and laughter. Terri played a big part of making this happen and I wish I could give her more than a five star review because she deserves 100.

Profile Picture Dayle, 9/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don’t even know where to begin when trying to make this review about Terri with Something Borrowed Something New Events. My type A personality knew that I would not be able to enjoy our day if I didn’t have someone there to guide us through everything. Weeks of searching the internet brought us to Terri of Something Borrowed, Something New Events.
From the beginning, she was prompt and able to answer all questions; she was warm, knowledgeable, and down to business. Terri took the time to completely understand our vision and what we were planning – and this was all in our first meeting before she was officially hired! Of course, she left our meeting hired and with 100% of my trust and I am so thankful for her.
Terri was hired for day of coordination but she really went beyond that. From our first meeting she’d check in periodically with us to make sure we were doing all right and that everything was on track. She always made herself available for us. Just mere weeks before the wedding she took all our contracts and went over there – she steered us away from so many catastrophes that I cannot even count the number of times I said “oh my goodness, Terri is a God send”. I can’t even imagine the mess that would have been my wedding if Terri didn’t work her magic every day. Terri took two trips out to our venue (which was 2 hours away!) to make sure that we knew exactly what was going where and how things were to be set up.
Terri and Patty were there bright and early on our wedding day – they ensured our 25 page timeline was going exactly as planned. They helped with the setup, decorations, and coordinated our million vendors for us. My groom and I were able to relax and most of all thoroughly enjoy every minute of our day.
I can honestly say with Terri by our side, we never felt stressed, rushed, or overwhelmed. She took us under her wing and was able to get everything done and made our wedding day the most gorgeous, perfect day I could ever imagine.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/13/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can not describe in words how AMAZING Beth Rolfe is!!!! I would recommend her for absolutely everyone! The best way to describe Beth's work:

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY SHE HAS TIME FOR OTHER CLIENTS, FRIENDS, OR FAMILY WITH THE AMOUNT OF WORK SHE HELPED ME WITH!!!!!! I FELT LIKE I WAS HER ONLY CLIENT. SHE IS THE PERFECT WEDDING PLANNER. SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!!

I interviewed several companies for a wedding planner, and after receiving the initial e-mail back from Beth (which was hilarious, fun, and a very quick response!) I knew she'd make take this stressful time and make it a fun time. Beth is someone who just loves her job and it absolutely shows in the amount of time and effort she will put into helping you.

Beth helped me create the absolute wedding of my dreams! I had two ceremonies (Hindu and traditional American) all in one day. 1,000 things could have gone wrong but the day of, everything went absolutely flawlessly!!!! She knew everything that could go wrong at a wedding, and prepared the entire day to work perfectly! From the flow of events, the preparation for unpredictable weather, bugs, or accidents, to the decorations; everything was clearly well thought out and prepared. I cant imagine planning a wedding without her! I can not say enough good things about Beth and SBSN Events. You will be 110% satisfied if you chose them :)

Profile Picture Julianne, 7/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Terri and her team were amazing. I can't say enough about how much my wife and I think SBSN. We had a bunch of unique requests, and Terri not only met them but added excellent ideas.

She's really nice and easy to work with...on our wedding day, Terri just took on all the event planning, so that my wife, myself, and our parents did not have to.

Lastly, you will save a ton of money if you hire Terri, because she will make your wedding more cost effective (which was important to us).

We're big fans and really grateful to Terri for her work...

Profile Picture Gregory, 6/23/13, 1 Review