Something Borrowed Portland Reviews

Something Borrowed Portland 3
Something Borrowed Portland 4
Something Borrowed Portland 5

Kayla · Married on 09/01/2018

If I could rate higher, I would! Lindsey was amazing! She helped make our wedding even more beautiful than we could have imagined! She was a total professional and was extremely helpful and encouraging through the whole process. The inventory we used for the wedding was beautiful and we could not be happier with how everything turned out.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Tara · Married on 08/18/2018

Our experience with Something Borrowed was incredible! We were able to easily pick out the beautiful rental items from their website, received useful recommendations for gorgeous design set-up for our wedding, had amazing email correspondence throughout wedding planning, and we could not believe how flexible staff was with drop off/pick up times. The rental items were just as gorgeous in person, as seen in their website photos. The items rented from Something Borrowed (lanterns, candle sticks, rug, table, etc.) truly completed our wedding day look. Everything looked cohesive, and was beyond stunning. We will definitely recommend Something Borrowed to our friends and family for future rental needs.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Tara,

It was so wonderful working with you. Your love story is so sweet and we can't wait to see more pictures of your special day. Congrats again!

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2018

Lindsey was amazing! She helped in SO many ways! Decorations, directing the wedding party/vendors, and coordinating our wedding day! It would not have been the same without her!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Patricia · Married on 06/02/2018

I had an amazing experience with Something Borrowed. The whole process was simple, easy and the team was extremely responsive throughout the whole process. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Patricia,

Thank you so much for the kind review. It was such a pleasure working together! We hope to work together again in the future, congratulations again!

Rosalia · Married on 05/25/2018

Something Borrowed’s pieces took my wedding aesthetic to the next level. I don’t live in Portland, and Lindsay was so so helpful in helping me put my order together from afar. Her flexibility in altering the order was hugely appreciated. Finally, I never had the chance to see the pieces in real life ahead of time-and they were BREATHTAKING. They were of such great use in both professional photos and guests’ photos.

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Something Borrowed Portland 6

Rosalia,

Your pictures are so beautiful! We are so happy that your special day was everything you wanted & more. Be sure to come back soon and visit Portland!

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

Lindsay was incredible with helping me set the perfect scene for my wedding. She went above and beyond to be supportive from the day we met and on through the day of my wedding; thanks to her, my vision came to life! The delivery staff was also amazingly helpful; they showed up on time for both drop off and pickup and really had a great energy. I highly recommend Something Borrowed. Renting from their beautiful inventory really saved me a ton of time and money since I didn't have to go through the effort and expense of buying things that I would only use for one day. I'm so glad I found them!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Kelcee · Married on 09/02/2017

Working with Lindsey from Something Borrowed was the absolute highlight of our wedding planning process. She truly cares about your vision and turning that vision into a reality. Lindsey was our event rentals contact, but we also hired her as our day of coordinator and stylist. She is extremely talented at what she does, and we would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Something Borrowed Portland 7
    Something Borrowed Portland 8
    Something Borrowed Portland 9

Jenny · Married on 09/01/2017

Amazing service and beautiful selection. Initially I started collecting my own stuff for my wedding but then I discovered Something Borrowed. They have everything you could ever imagine for your wedding and they coordinated delivery to my venue. They were amazing!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 08/06/2017

We, very last minute, decided we needed more decorations (signs, centerpieces, etc.) for the wedding. We were within a month of the wedding and came across Something Borrowed. We did all our communication through Lindsey and she was so amazing! She was so helpful and walked us through the entire warehouse while helping us decide how to put things together for our wedding. During the walkthrough, we loved the idea of having wood rounds for the centerpieces. Come to find out, they were not available for our day. Lindsey personally looked on craigslist for us and sent us an email with tons of options to find the wood rounds elsewhere. We ended up picking up some for $1 a piece based on what she found on Craigslist. Lindsey was so wonderful to work with and the pick-up and drop-off rentals went so smoothly. The rentals they have are so beautiful and worked so well for our wedding! We are so thankful to have found this company for our wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2017
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 08/06/2017

Something Borrowed had everything I needed, and in the style I was looking for. Lindsey was extremely helpful from beginning to end. She helped me right down to the number of vessels I needed for floral arrangements and beyond to help ensure my wedding theme was cohesive and beautiful. Outstanding response time and communication! LOVED working with this team.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Bianca · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot say enough great things about this place! I did a ton of research on centerpieces and floral arrangements. Cost was a factor but we also wanted to reduce our waste post-wedding. And searching Craigslist can be time consuming as well as disappointing if you fall in love with something that slips from your grasp, sigh. I was going for a minimalist boho vibe with lots of gold/brass accents. After researching brass bud vases, which are very expensive if purchased outright, I found Something Borrowed PDX. This place is a DIYers heaven! They have everything you need to complete your vision. We worked with Lindsey, one of their design consultants, and she was amazing! I had many meetings with her to review design and layout. Their catalog is huge, so it was great help to peruse their warehouse in person to better visualize how things would go together. She was also very patient and accommodating, even after I sent her 4 consecutive emails at 3am, yikes! She was thorough, direct, and such a pleasure to work with! Thanks again for all of your help in creating the perfect décor for our wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Something Borrowed Portland 10

Something Borrowed Portland's reply:

Bianca, it looks so beautiful! You were such a joy to work with & I always loved your emails :) Congratulations again and I hope we work together again in the future!

Jill · Married on 07/22/2017

Fantastic experience! Wonderful selection and they went over and above to make our day special. Lindsey was the BEST!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Cody · Married on 07/15/2017

We absolutely loved working with Something Borrowed Portland, Lindsey Turman and crew! Not only do they have fantastic inventory options, all of the items we used were in great condition and well maintained. The entire process from start to finish was enjoyable and our wedding wouldn't have the same without them!

I would recommend their services and design expertise to anyone looking for top-notch decor. Thanks, Lindsey and SBP!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kelly · Married on 07/08/2017

I loved how unique the items were at Something Borrowed- they really added a special touch to our wedding decor. It was also much more cost effective to rent items instead of purchasing them and then you don't have to worry about reselling them. While I didn't hire design services specifically, Lindsey did a mock up of a cake table display at the warehouse and we ended up renting all of those items and used the same display for our wedding. I loved the items we rented and it really helped elevate our overall look.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2017

HIGHLY recommend this company!!

Lindsey was nothing but kind, helpful, & professional!
    My experience was amazing, and if I could start over I would use Something Borrowed again!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Something Borrowed Portland's reply:

Hi Courtney! It was such a pleasure working with you and I appreciate you taking the time to review us. You were such a delight & I hope we can work together in the future. Until then, take care and congratulations!

mia · Married on 07/01/2017

Lindsey was great to work with! she was super prompt with sending us info and confirming our appointment, and was super patient as we moseyed through the warehouse to pick stuff out. The crew was super timely and set everything up for us, which was amazing. 100% recommend - great selection for our vibe, which was casual, informal, and homey. Lots of beautiful, interesting pieces without a lot of pretension!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Hi Mia!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, it really helps! It was a pleasure working with you and I can't wait to see pictures of your special day. Congratulations again!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Wonderful selection of inventory that is very easy to look at online, and then make an appointment to view the items in-person. Every in-person meeting I had was so fun and very useful. The staff is more than happy to pull out any item you are interested in and make suggestions based on your needs. The booking process was very easy and they were very accommodating with delivery and my late (and tight) load-out window. Very highly recommend Something Borrowed and their team.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hi Jessica!

Krystall · Married on 06/17/2017

They were amazing to work with!! I was so happy with how flexible they were with pick up and drop off too! I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Hi Krystall!

Allison · Married on 05/26/2017

The staff at Something Borrowed were so helpful and a pleasure to work with. The items I rented were just what I had expected and helped make my small wedding reception beautiful.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Syndi · Married on 04/28/2017

Lived everything about Simething Birrowed and Lindsey was a pleasure to work with. Also great website to help plan your perfect day!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hi Syndi!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, it really helps! It was a pleasure working with you and I can't wait to see pictures of Abby's special day.
    Thanks again!
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/30/2016

My now-wife and I discovered that Something Borrowed is the place you go when you want to class up your wedding and make it feel unique in exactly the way you want. We managed to get a hold of a number of items that got lots of positive attention from our guests, and the process it took to get them and have them taken away was quite painless. Definitely check them out if you're planning a wedding in Portland!

Sent on 10/23/2016
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/10/2016

Something Borrowed might have been my favorite find/ vendor during my wedding process. Their inventory is absolutely amazing. They are so reasonably priced for the quality of items. We used items from their store for all of our vases and compotes for our floral arrangements, and other decorations. During the planning process, they were so helpful with any questions I had, and reached out a few times to make sure everything was going okay. All of my items I rented made my wedding look so beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Kellsie · Married on 07/29/2016

Lane' was great to work with. She responds quickly, is very nice and was always accommodating my (quickly) changing mind. Her rentals are so unique and fun, and in great shape. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/23/2016

All of their items that they rent out are AMAZING and in such good shape!! I cant wait to rent from them for our wedding next summer! Great prices too!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Meng · Married on 07/15/2016

There are not enough words to describe the incredible vision, artistry and tireless efforts of Something Borrowed and how they helped us execute the romantic, modern and whimsical wedding of our dreams with their styling & design services. While I had a list of items from their website that I wanted to incorporate, I was still at a loss for how everything would fit together for a cohesive theme. Luckily, Something Borrowed was piloting their event styling and design services, and I was connected to Amber, their in-house designer who is a creative visionary. Over the next few months of working with Amber, she was able to transform our rambling ideas and faintly developed inklings into our ultimate dream wedding.

Over several calls and emails with Amber (and there were many), she was able to tease out a theme based on our love of travel to really make our wedding authentic and personalized. From creating vision boards, to sending Pinterest and Etsy listings my way, and even sourcing and creating the fabric for our chuppah, Amber was a design and creative powerhouse. She even found an illustrator to create custom table illustrations of the places we traveled to, and had him create a breathtaking chalkboard backdrop.

Upon walking into our wedding, I was literally in tears because it was so beautiful (and the groom too!) She blew all of our wildest expectations through the water with the special seating areas, event stations, and table decor, creating a modern setting infused with an air of rustic charm. We simply could not have done all the design and set up by ourselves (They were the first and last there), and every detail was carefully crafted and put in place. Even after the wedding, our friends and family raved about how magical the design and atmosphere was!

We can unequivocally say that working with the design services of Amber and fully utilizing the inventory of Something Borrowed was the best decision we made in planning our wedding!!

Sent on 08/30/2016