19 Reviews for Something Blue Weddings and Events

Yvonne personalized every word in our wedding ceremony. It made our day so very special. She answered every question we had and helped coordinate not only the ceremony but other important details throughout the day. We had no worries and were very happy with her professionalism. She paid attention to every little detail, which was noticed by all of our guests. She is a fantastic wedding coordinator, that made our day all about us

Profile Picture caleigh, 8/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Yvonne was a such a blessing. I was so frazzled from having to plan a wedding long distance (my husband and I live in the middle east and the wedding's in Washington DC). and she really helped keep it together. Honestly I had no idea what to expect at the wedding as I'd most of the decisions the week before the wedding. I needn't have worried; the wedding was beautiful beyond my wildest dreams and everything ran as smoothly as a dream. Yvonne really went above and beyond making sure that I got everything I wanted for the wedding, even chiding me when I was ready to settle for second-best. I'd recommend her to any and all of my friends who are getting married in the DC area, she really is the best wedding planner ever!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Yvonne, owner of Something Blue Weddings and Events, provided day-of coordination for our wedding. We were married at a beautiful hotel that provides lots of hands-on service: an on-site catering manager, as well as a banquet manager commanding a full staff. Still, I shudder to imagine how flustered I would have been without Yvonne.

During the course of planning our wedding, when I learned that our venue's catering manager recommends that all her couples hire at least a day-of coordinator (if not a full on planner), I was skeptical. "Really?" I asked. "I'm super organized!" Like most couples, we intended to avoid spending money on services we could handle ourselves. Now that it's all over and I'm basking in the happiest memories of my life (so far), the verdict is in: I'm so glad we did not cut corners in this area. If you're planning your wedding now, trust me: hire a day-of coordinator. And if you're in the D.C. metro area, don't think twice about hiring Yvonne. Just do it.

Even though we only contracted for one day's service, Yvonne reached out to me regularly leading up to the event to offer help. She expressed a willingness to communicate however I preferred (email, phone or text). My correspondence was always answered in a timely manner. Her moral support really helped me get through the most stressful parts of the planning. By the way, I only work part time. I don't mean to make this sound like a sales pitch, but if you have a full time job, you do need to hire a full event planner like Yvonne.

The wedding week, she handled sending the timeline to the vendors and was their point person during the big day. She was my legs, arms and voice -- quietly and professionally taking care of business so that I was free to enjoy getting married and spending time with my family. I'm 100% grateful to have had her presence and expertise that day. Thank you, Yvonne!

Profile Picture Ruth, 7/25/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)
2.7

The groom facilitated a lot of questions from vendors before and after the ceremony because the coordinator was difficult to track down. The coordinator also did not take charge or communicate details during the rehearsal or day of. However, she was helpful in some of the set up and clean up during the day.

Profile Picture User4045348, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
3.3

Let me begin by saying, when it came to the layout, decor, and details of my wedding day I was very specific about what I wanted. I provided fully developed timelines, lists, and drawings to communicate my vision to Yvonne Tanner of Something Blue. As such, we utilized Tanner strictly for the rehearsal the day before, and the day-of coordination. In truth, I really only needed someone to oversee my vision and to move things here and there; which indicates to me that Something Blue was not worth the price ($1195). However, I partly consider this a fault of my own judgement.
In terms of the actual wedding day, everything ran smoothly and was placed exactly where I wanted. Shortly before our wedding day, I didn't hear from Tanner and became nervous. I assumed she would be reaching out to check in and go over some details. Had I not been such a hands-on bride I wonder how this service would have operated. But as I said, everything ran well on the day. Tanner was pleasant, prompt, and effective. I recommend this service to the bride that requires assistance in making decisions about their wedding. For someone as detail oriented as me, I would at offering a few hundred dollars to an equally detail oriented person to oversee the running of the. Day, makes more sense.

Profile Picture Catriona, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I were living out of the country when we hired Yvonne Tanner at Something Blue Weddings and Events as our wedding coordinator. We are both from Virginia and knew we needed the assistance of an experienced wedding planner when we started planning our wedding from abroad. We made a trip back home and were both very impressed when we met Yvonne. She is professional, very knowledgable and overall very pleasant! Once we met with her, our search for a wedding planner was done! We knew from the very start that we wanted to work with her! Throughout the planning process, she made it well known that she was readily available via email, phone or text. We knew we could always reach out to her and she would reply within 24 hours. She handled all communication between us and our other vendors, created our floor plans, timeline and made sure we stayed on top of meeting our contracted obligations with our vendors. She even shared her timeline with our vendors and made sure they had her number so we were not dealing with questions. She was an absolute delight to work with at the rehearsal!!! She made sure our entire wedding party (including parents) knew where to go, when things would be starting and even made sure they had her number should anyone have any questions between then and the wedding day! My parents LOVED that! The wedding day went PERFECTLY! She was the first vendor to arrive and the last vendor to leave. She touched base with all our vendors and made sure they were good to go and reminded them to contact her directly if they had any questions. When we arrived, everything looked just as we expected! She really took our vision and ran with it! She handled everything like a true professional (as we knew she would) and was a true honor to work with!!!

Profile Picture User5330411, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Yvonne for day-of coordination. She was excellent. She helped with set up of the decor, managed the vendors perfectly, and overall kept things running on schedule, smoothly, and without one issue. She kindly reminded me to let her do her job so that I could enjoy myself and was essentially my eyes and brain on the day of my wedding so that I could take in every precious moment. Yvonne is super attentive, aware, and will keep you calm and happy on your special day. No way I could've done it without her.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We searched for some time trying to find a coordinator that we trusted AND that was within our budget to handle our wedding day. Then I found Yvonne. In our first conversation I was immediately impressed by her professionalism and organization and she lived up to that first impression throughout the planning phase and the wedding day. She was especially helpful in anticipating things we hadn't thought of and providing guidance and creative solutions for things we were having troubling figuring out how to handle. And on the day of our wedding we felt totally comfortable handing over everything to her and we were able to just enjoy our day.

Profile Picture User4192840, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Something Blue did an absolutely AMAZING job with the entire wedding planning process. Our wedding planner did an excellent job helping us create our perfect wedding day. She was professional, creative, calm, and supportive every step of the way. She had great communication with all the vendors and executed the event seamlessly. We could not have planned our wedding without her and will definitely be using Something Blue in the future.

Profile Picture User4010014, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Yvonne was the day-of coordinator for our wedding in Loudoun County. Although only hired to work the day of, she encouraged us to contact her for the 3-4 months leading up to our wedding and was available by email, text, and phone. After weeks of sending many texts and emails, Yvonne was able to piece together all of the details and created a timeline for our wedding day. She also attended our rehearsal to make sure everything was set to go just as we wanted. She was very personable and trusting and helped us so that we could actually enjoy our wedding day without worrying about what time it was or where the vendors were. We are so thankful for all of her time and effort in making our wedding day a memorable and perfect day for us. We would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User2415844, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

5.0/5.0 does no justice for the wonderful service we received. Yvonne was very responsive, easy to get a hold of, very easy to work with, flexible, respectable and eager to make sure she does a great job. We would recommend her services in a heartbeat - she is such a lovely person!!!! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 12/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cannot say enough about how genuinely thrilled we are with your assistance on our wedding day. We were definitely not planning for rain, but you handled it like a pro. You were right about having a Plan B in place ... thank you so much for coordinating so well with our vendors. Our guests commented on how cool and calm you were despite the situation. Once Plan B was in place, our wedding ran just as smoothly as we planned. Thank you SO much!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Your services were a definite highlight of our wedding day! Every step of the way, every detail we discussed was flawlessly put into place and our guests had so many great things to say about your professionalism. Thank you for your kindness, genuine nature, and for being so wonderful to work with. We will recommend Something Blue to any friends or family members getting married or planning a party. We know they will be as impressed as we are!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/19/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are SO glad we hired Something Blue for our wedding! Our coordinator was detail oriented throughout the whole process and made sure everything ran smooth. I have recommended Something Blue to my friends who are getting married and two of them have already signed contracts. We are certain they will love their coordinator as much as we did.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/5/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Something Blue to coordinate our wedding and it was the best decision we made! It was invaluable to be able to enjoy our wedding day knowing that everything would be taken care of. Every detail was reviewed weeks before our wedding which allowed us to enjoy ourselves the days leading up to our big day. Our coordinator was present for our rehearsal, which allowed everyone to be on the same page and prepared for the next day. Our wedding ran flawlessly and all personal items were organized and returned to us before we left. A high recommendation is given to Yvonne at Something Blue Weddings and Events!

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Something Blue first for my wedding and then again for my parents' 25th anniversary party. I have nothing but positive things to say! She is a fantastic event planner ... Organized, professional, and always positive. If you are looking for a top notch event planner, use Something Blue!

Profile Picture Sydney, 5/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you so much for your patience and organization! I know I was probably not the most calm bride and I appreciate your professionalism throughout the whole process. I also appreciate you coordinating with our vendors and making sure they were updated along the way ... this took a lot off my plate! You were fantastic!

Profile Picture Jade, 8/21/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I hired Something Blue for our wedding in August 2010. The services provided were worth every single penny! Our coordinator went above and beyond the entire step of the way. We were provided a lengthy list of questions before the wedding, which ensured us all bases would be covered. Our coordinator even made sure our marriage license was sent to the county court house while we were away on our honeymoon. Our wedding day went better than we anticipated and we know it couldn't have run as smoothly without Something Blue!

Profile Picture Kourtney, 8/21/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

We were married in DC and hired Something Blue to plan our wedding. My husband and I have very demanding schedules and we knew we didn't have the time to plan our dream wedding. Since our venue came with a coordinator, we went with the full service wedding package, but excluded the day-of services. It was nice finding a wedding planner that allowed us to customize a package specific to our needs. Our coordinator helped us select vendors and even came with us to our meetings. She took care of all vendor contracts and contacted them the day before to ensure they had all the specifics and were prepared. She also created a timeline that we gave to all our vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page. We are so happy we went with Something Blue! We know our day couldn't have ran as well as it did without our helpful coordinator.

Profile Picture Marie, 7/25/09, 1 Review