19 Reviews for Something Blue Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
Proofs (1)
19 Something Blue Photography Reviews

I loved Shinay's work before I met her. My best friend, and one of my bridesmaids, used Shinay for her engagement photos, and I was blown away by the quality and beauty of her work. I was newly engaged, and hadn't yet begun my search for a photographer; the search seemed daunting, given the amount of photographers in NYC, and the prices! Yikes! I asked my friend about Shinay's prices and was shocked that I could afford such an amazing photographer.

Fast forward to Katy's wedding and as a bridesmaid, I was blown away by how NICE her photographer-Shinay-was. She was kind, considerate, and definitely not pushy. I asked Shinay immediately "are you booked on October 15, 2016? If not, you are hired."

I'm so glad I did just that. Shinay and her team are a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, honest, and an all around lovely person, who also happens to be a phenomenal photographer. Shinay shot both our engagement photos and our wedding photos; if given the opportunity I would hire her again in an instant. We received so many compliments on our engagement shoot that even after our wedding, family members continue to request copies of our engagement photos. As for our wedding, I have only seen several "sneak peaks"... and I can say wholeheartedly that she perfectly captured the day. My husband and I look like the best versions of our selves, and the happiness and joy that we shared on that day shines in every picture.

Shinay and her assistants (who I would also highly recommend) are truly gifted. I can't just say that I am "pleased" with Shinay's work, I am honored to have worked with her and will continue to sing her praises to any newly engaged couple I meet. Do yourself a favor and HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

Shinay was beyond perfect. I hired her for my October 1st wedding. She had kept in touch with me very well during the planning stages. When the forecast was calling for rain on our wedding day she was totally flexible and supportive while we tried to come up with plan b ideas, as the original plan was to take photos outdoors before the ceremony. Luckily the rain held out and we were able to hold the shoot outdoors as I wanted from day one. I've now seen my sneak peek shots and I'm already in love. She captured our "first look" so beautifully. My guy was afraid the whole thing would look forced and cookie cutter but from what I've seen so far, we look ourselves and comfortable. I can't wait to see the rest!

Profile Picture Miranda, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing Something Blue Photography was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Shinay was able to see my vision and make it come to life. We cherish our photos from that day. The second shooter Runy was also great. My husband and I would recommend Something Blue to anyone who wants gorgeous photos and a great personality to work with.

Profile Picture Sheena, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Shinay is an amazing photographer. After finding her through a Google search of photos at my venue (Maritime Parc), I came across a South Asian-American fusion wedding & mehndi that had expressive candids & natural portraits. With my wedding being a similar makeup w/ two events, I immediately emailed Shinay, met her with my husband, & booked her services for my 150 wedding in January (recommended her to a coworker for her wedding). She was within our budget. Not only was Shinay a delight to converse with before the wedding, but I was happy to see her absolutely kill it at my coworker's wedding. The week of my wedding, Shinay was understanding w/ my last minute changes & uncertainty for the schedule of the mehndi. She even took the last minute schedule changes like the pro she is - w/ a smile & Gretzky like intuition knowing where the action was going to be. The day of my wedding, Shinay was always nearby catching candids & honing in on details. She efficiently took shots of my husband & I before the ceremony outside that didn't freeze us, was excited & willing to go back outside once it started snowing. She even put up w/ a group of boisterous (& drunk) groomsmen 2 nights in a row. When we weren't able to get into the top floor of our venue where we wanted to take group shots pre-ceremony, she got us set up in front of our gorgeous flower arrangements (from Tiger Lilly by Encke) & powered through bridal party & family shots w/ patience. And, she wasn't intrusive & did not get in the way of our guests having a good time. Best part - day after the wedding I received 8 preview photos (that were AMAZING!) & I'll have the rest in 4 weeks! Oh yea, & we get them in a shareable gallery so loved ones can easily access those huge HD images. You need Shinay for your wedding. I would highly recommend Shinay & would use her again in a heartbeat.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Betsy, 1/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Shinay was highly recommended to my husband and I so we were very excited to have her shoot out wedding. I began to look at her work and was so glad that I chose her. She contacted us prior to our wedding and we kept in touch and she wanted to make sure what our style was and did not disappoint. We are so in love with our pictures and how she captured our day! The pictures are perfect and we are incredibly happy with the way everything came up and the quality of her work and professionalism!

Profile Picture Patricia, 8/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My surprise wedding was that perfect day of being surrounded by family and friends, on hand to witness and celebrate the ceremonial union between me and the love of my life. (Our guests arrived at the NYC venue expecting to attend an awards dinner.)
Managing the logistics while keeping the secret was a tremendous feat. Luckily, our wedding photographer was able to chronicle all of the details of the day without revealing the surprise to our guests before due time.

Shinay McNeill of Something Blue Photography beautifully and wondrously captured the memories of this very special day -- tears of joy, laughter between bonding families, girlfriends vying for that vital bouquet, my veil blowing in the wind, the groom and his buddies toasting the future, guests dancing the night away, and the genuine look of love between my beloved and me.

One of the highlights of our reception was drawing the ballroom curtains to reveal our "First Look" photo displayed on a Times Squared sized outdoor digital billboard. The image was simply breathtaking! The photo expressed all of the emotions my husband and I felt as we began our lives together. The "First Look" also set the tone for a joyous celebration lasting late into the night.

Weddings, afterall, are meant to make lasting memories. The Something Blue Photography team did not disappoint the memory bank: incorporating the elements of the bridal suite to enhance shots of the gown and accoutrements; recording the simple beauty of the New York City skyline during the rooftop cocktail hour; and, documenting the vibrant floral colors, succulent food, and exquisite decor at the reception.

Our wedding photos are a work of perfection. Thanks so much for the memories, Shinay and Something Blue Photography!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

We booked Shinay for our wedding day and from the very beginning she was such a pleasure to work with! Always responsive to our emails and extremely attentive to our desires as a couple. What impressed me the most was that she reached out to us a few months prior to our wedding just to get to know our story a little more to ensure that she would capture our day perfectly. It was so nice to have a vendor reach out to us first for a change :) The quality of work that followed on our wedding day did not disappoint. We received are photos and are highly satisfied with the final product.

Profile Picture User4262365, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shinay was a pleasure to work with. She was very open and responsive to what my husband and I wanted. Our wedding day was beautifully captured!

Profile Picture User5614525, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We decided to use Shinay as our wedding photographer based on a recommendation. It is with great pleasure that we are writing this review as we were extremely satisfied with her services. Shinay was efficient and thorough in capturing the memory of our special day. She took many natural/spontaneous photos and had us pose occasionally. We were impressed with her creativity regarding the poses she chose for us and how she manipulated items such as the bridal bouquet and wedding rings to produce photos that were visually appealing. We loved her arrangement of the images in our photo book. Our family and friends were amazed by the quality that we received for the price of Shinay’s work. Shinay is reliable, professional and patient. I encourage anyone in need of a photographer to use Something Blue Photography.

Profile Picture Deborah , 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shinay is AWESOME! She is an amazing professional and so very talented. We really were blessed to have her as our photographer on our wedding day. She took the most amazing images and in ALL the styles wanted. Every detail from the portrait, ceremony, reception, to the guest moments were captured with elegance and with style.

Before the wedding, we even set up a Pinterest page with images that we found online and asked Shinay if she could try to get similar images for us on our wedding day. She did! She actively utilized the page as reference as we took photographs and she really got every type of pose and moment we wanted. How she managed to accomplish this all on one day and at times outdoors with the unpredictable weather, amazed us. As we prepared for photos, she knew how to set the tone for each moment and get us in the right poses and moods, always with a smile and fun and light attitude. She made us feel so comfortable! She is also so humble and caring. Like we said, we really were blessed to have met such an amazing professional.

All of our guests raved about her! They noticed that she worked extremely hard, from start to finish. Her efforts were appreciated by all of our family and friends, especially those visiting from Korea - they were so impressed by how she was able to make our very diverse group of guests happy. She knew how to capture all the memorable moments, not just the "typical" important ones. Our friends and family all love the pictures she took, which we shared via pictage!

One last thing we would like to mention is that we really appreciate her. She captured our wedding memories - ones that we will cherish forever, and she did so with utmost professionalism, grace, and kindness.

Shinay, thank you so so much! Having you as our photographer was our privilege, and it was definitely one of the most memorable experiences of our wedding. :)

Profile Picture User4465519, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Such an great feeling to look back at these photos and remember this day forever. I value the time and effort Shinay put in, in making our day so memorable. I wanted just a simple day for my wedding, which is why we chose to go to City Hall. But I wanted to always look back at that day and knew I needed someone to capture those moments. Shinay has surpassed my expectation. She recommended I take "getting ready photos" to help complete the story. I was hesitant at first, but so glad I did. She captured moments of our son, which are my favorite photos and cant wait to hang those on my wall. I want to thank you so much for the memories. If we decide to do big wedding in the future, we would definitely be coming back to you.

Profile Picture Le'Ann, 4/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shinay is a wonderful photographer. She was on time and very pleasant to be around and put up with my crazy bridal party. Honestly, she made everything very simple and at times I forgot I was even being followed by a camera. The photos of my wedding came out beautifully. I would highly recommend Shinay to anyone who wants an easy going feeling and not someone making you pose every second. Thank you Shinay!

Profile Picture Morgan, 12/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can not say enough wonderful things about Shinay! She captured our entire day (from getting ready to the en dof the wedding) flawlessly! Her style is beautiful and inspired as well as creative. The hardest thing we've had to do so far is narrow down which one of the thousands of amazing photos to use in our wedding album! She and her team were extremely professional, flexible, considerate, unobtrusive (i.e. during the ceremony and dances), and downright awesome :) Shinay also did a secret boudoir shoot for me as a gift for my husband the night before the wedding that actually had him panting! :) Shinay is wonderful and talented and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her and George Street Photo, I promise you can trust them with your special day!

Profile Picture User2401658, 2+ years ago, 16 Reviews
Category: Photography

Shinay was not only very professional but she captured the moments that were precious to us

Profile Picture Richard, 6/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Shinay was incredible. From our portrait session to the reception, she was easy to deal with, fun, sweet, and of course, a great photographer. We love our pictures and we loved working with her

Profile Picture Michael, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We have not written many reviews but we were so impressed that it was only right. Shinay was recommended by someone that had recently used her and was very pleased with her.

Many aspects in our wedding we were detailed about the planning and per-wedding and logistics. When it came to Shinay, we had a very quick in person meeting to talk about the venue and the shots that we wanted. After that she stated to leave it to her, and we had nothing to worry about.

On the day of the wedding Shinay arrive to the hotel and from that point "took care of business".

From making sure that we got all the shots we needed, to coordinating the family members, and choice of locations and moment shots, we could not ask for more. We had so many perfect photographs of our special day that we are still looking at new ones.

I gave this a 5 star rating simply because she was worth it... hands down.

Btw, when we approached Shinay about our date, she was already booked for another event, but would you know, she was able to accommodate us along her original obligation.

One perfect day, one perfect couple, one perfect moment, one perfect venue, many awesome vendors, one perfect photographer.

Profile Picture anthony & debra, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We can't thank & praise Something Blue Photography enough for capturing our special day. Very professional, friendly, organized and just overall awesome ! They arrived the night before our wedding (very late in the night as they had a long drive) and were up very early, with practically no sleep to start a long day of photographing us. And when I say long I mean it! I had an endless list of photos I wanted & multiple locations to shoot (thanks to Pinterest) Something Blue Photography captured every one with out a question! You would have never known they were running on empty- our photos are unbelievable! With my husband being a professional photographer himself we were quite picky as to who would shoot our big day- Something Blue Photography blew us out of the water in every aspect. We just can't explain how happy we are with our photos, they are everything we wanted/asked for & more! from every intimate moment to the hilarious moments they've got you covered! 5 stars from my husband & I. If you want the best, go with the best...Something Blue Photography is it! Thank you for everything again!

Profile Picture Cody, 6/9/12, 1 Review
4.7

I could not have been happier with Shinay, who was my wedding photographer. She was very friendly, and very easy to work with, and my photos turned out great. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a talented photographer at a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Abby, 4/27/13, 1 Review