Something Blu Weddings + Events Reviews

83 | Lansdale, PA

83 Reviews for Something Blu Weddings + Events

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2015

I hired Lauren as a day-of-coordinator, and she was amazing. She listened to what we wanted and offered helpful feedback and suggestions without ever trying to push us in a specific direction. She helped us sort out all kinds of little details we probably never would have thought of. The wedding day flowed so smoothly, I was completely unaware of what was happening behind the scenes. By the time it was all said and done, my only regret was not hiring her to plan the whole thing from start to finish.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/13/2014

First of all, Lauren does not even begin to charge enough money for the amount of work and detail she puts into your wedding. We hired her for day of coordination, but she spent so much time leading up to our big day working with us on every detail! I don't know how we could have done it without her.

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with and was on top of everything from the very first time we spoke. She was always responsive and professional and juggled all of the crazy details of my wedding (including so many DIY aspects), all of my vendors, and my super Type A control freak personality with ease. Her and her team worked tirelessly the day of our wedding to ensure every detail was taken care of exactly how we had imagined it. She took care of anything and everything you could imagine and made sure we didn't have to worry or think about anything that day. She also worked tremendously well with the Catering and Banquet team at the hotel throughout the entire process to ensure nothing fell through the cracks.

We cannot recommend Lauren enough! If you are debating about hiring a planner, stop, and just hire Lauren! She is worth every penny x10!

Thank you, Lauren for making our day pure magic!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Rachael · Married on 11/15/2014

Tara was great! We were so lucky to have her there for our wedding, whether it was a goof in our seating charts or a non compliant dress, she was there to save the day. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Soun · Married on 11/01/2014

Lauren from Something Blu is absolutely amazing! We used her services for day of coordination and she really outdid herself. If you are looking for someone who is so helpful and accommodating Lauren is your girl. Thanks to her our venue space was exactly how we had imagined. It really wouldn't have happened without her.

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • W

W.M. · Married on 10/11/2014

I used SomethingBlu for day-of coordination. Lauren was GREAT. Really. We were doing this unconventional wedding that was mostly chaos and disorganization in the planning phases. She was so helpful and helped keep us on track even though we had only hired her for day-of coordination. She thought of everything. It was a bit chilly on our big day and the barn for the reception wasn't heated- so Lauren went out and got coffee for the guests. Above and beyond- really. She kept everything running on the big day and was just a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough good things. She helped make my day authentic and special. Book her while you can!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2014

We hired Lauren as our Day-Of Coordinator, & it is the BEST decision I made. Lauren made sure she was in the loop throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was prompt & thorough in her responses. When we had to relocate our reception, she helped us locate new venue. She provided vendor recommendations that met our budget. Lauren did a venue walk-through-which involved climbing a steep hill since the venue was paving at the time of our visit- she's a trooper! She gave great suggestions for decor that I had not considered- she has a great eye for detail! Additionally, Lauren had to arrange some decor & I felt completely comfortable leaving details in her capable hands. Prior to the wedding Lauren confirmed all details with vendors & even caught and rectified a few mistakes! Lauren attended our rehearsal & ensured that my large bridal party, parents & in-laws knew where they needed to be. On wedding day, she arrived at my house with her 2 fab assistants. She ensured that the limo was packed with everything I needed for the big day. 1 assistant stayed behind with my bridal party & ensured the girls got on the limo with their belongings & locked my house up so I had no worries! Prior to the ceremony, Lauren & her girls handled several unforeseen circumstances SEAMLESSLY! I.E. my hubby's tie & vest were not packed with his tux, but Lauren made sure that the rental co DROPPED OFF the missing items for our first look! This was done without my knowledge - I didn't have any idea until the situation was resolved! This is just one instance of the organization & professionalism - there are several more that I am aware of- cannot imagine what they handled without me knowing! They kept me stress-free & HAPPY all day. At the end of the night, Lauren was packing up decor with a smile on her face & took time to let me know she had packed our get away car with our bags. I felt taken care of from beginning to end & I owe a big part of this to Lauren & her amazing assistants.

Sent on 10/23/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/10/2014

Lauren was FANTASTIC. I hired her for day-of coordination but prior to the day of, she helped manage the chaos that was my DIY barn wedding planning and keep my schedule on track. On the day, she was incredible- anticipating needs of guests and any possible issues (which are many when dealing with a barn with limited electrical capabilities on a cold and rainy day). She was really so kind and responsive and I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Megan · Married on 09/27/2014

Lauren and her team were absolutely amazing!! My husband and I got married in our backyard and needed help making sure the day went smoothly. It's a lot of work having a wedding at your property and we could not have done it without her. Our caterer pulled us aside and said the reason everything went so smoothly was because of Lauren and her team.
    They were responsive, answered any questions and provided us ideas when I asked. With them being there Matt and I could enjoy our day without worries. I highly recommend someone who gets married especially at their house to hire Something Blu!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Having Lauren as our day of coordinator was the best investment that we made. The meetings/e-mail exchanges that we had before the day of were extremely valuable. And we were truly impressed with her professionalism.

During the day of our wedding, we wanted to enjoy the day and not worry about the details. Most of our family and bridal party were traveling from out of town. We were able to relax and spend time with family with the peace of mind that everything was being taken care of.

Even if your venue has an event planner, it is helpful to have someone that is overseeing all aspects of the wedding for the day of. My husband and I were truly impressed with how attentive Lauren was, making sure we were comfortable throughout the day.

The best part? She set up and broke down our decorations. It was great that my husband and I as well as our loved ones did not have to do this.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Allie · Married on 09/12/2014

With the help of Lauren at Something Blu, I was able to have a big, gorgeous wedding without going insane or over my budget. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Mansi · Married on 08/16/2014

Tip #1: If your venue doesn't have a coordinator, hire one for the day of. It'll be the best decision you make during the wedding planning process.

Tip #2: If you need a day-of-coordinator, pick Lauren from Something Blu!

I am fairly Type-A, so planning most of the wedding was not a problem, but I knew that as the wedding neared I wanted someone else to take over all of the responsibilities. We contacted Lauren and she was very prompt in her replies and so nice! I met her first at a venue walk-through a month prior to wedding and she had such great suggestions. In addition to normal duties, I also needed Lauren to arrange some of the decor, wedding programs etc. We discussed all of that and she completely made me feel at ease. On the day of the wedding, I can honestly say my family and I were relaxed (ACTUALLY relaxed) because of how seamlessly everything went.

I noticed that she definitely had to improvise with some of my decor elements because they did not work as planned with the existing decor. The beauty of this was that not only did it look better than the original plan but she was able to handle all of those changes/decisions. If something went wrong during the event, I wouldn't have known because she was on top of everything! I think that's pretty much the ideal situation to be in when you are trying to celebrate.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Kim · Married on 07/12/2014

Lauren and her team were ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL and made our wedding day truly perfect! Lauren was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process and beared with me through all decisions big and small. On the day of, she took care of everything (and I really mean everything!) which allowed my husband and I to have a wonderful time. Not only did she work with the vendors behind the scenes to ensure a flawless execution of the day, she was constantly checking on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend Lauren and her team to anyone looking for an organized, friendly and incredibly helpful planner for any event. Thank you Lauren!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Karyn · Married on 06/21/2014

Lauren and her team were absolutely wonderful! There was not one glitch in my wedding day. She made sure everything went smooth as planned. Considering my venue only included the tables and chairs, I had to coordinate everything else with multiple vendors. Lauren was great at reaching out to them and creating a timeline to make sure everyone was on the same page. Lauren and her helpers did a great job making sure everything was set up how we discussed and were so helpful cleaning up at the end of the night. At first I was unsure if I needed a wedding day planner but now I don't see how I could have done it without! A moment when I really appreciated them being there was when I started to get ready to walk down the aisle and did not have my bouquet. Her helper noticed and ran to get it out of the dressing room while Lauren motioned for the DJ to wait to play my entrance song. To me, that was such a relief to have had them there to fix my forgetful mistake and have the ceremony go off with ease. I would highly recommend her and her team. They were all so very nice and did such a fabulous job taking the stress out of my wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2014

As a frugal bride planning a casual, outdoor picnic wedding, I was uncertain as to whether I really should spend the money on a wedding planner. It seemed like a frivolous expense, especially since I wasn't planning to have many of the "traditional" wedding elements (i.e. cake cutting, bridal party, bouquet toss). However, I am so thankful that I made the decision to hire Lauren and her team. They were worth every penny! After meeting with Lauren for a free consultation, she designed a personalized "day-of" coordination package that was very reasonably priced and included all the of the essentials I needed. In addition to making sure the day progressed without a hitch, Lauren and her team were also responsible for decorating the space. I must say, after looking at months of Pinterest photos and wedding blogs, I was absolutely floored by how beautiful the decorations turned out. After many emails back and forth about our "vision" and helping us decide what decorations would work in the space, Lauren and her team took a basic picnic pavilion and turned it into a magical space filled with string lights, candles and paper lanterns. It was beyond our expectations! In addition to the decorations, Lauren was available throughout the process for advice and guidance, made sure all of the vendors (i.e. caterer, DJ, shuttle, liquor delivery, photographer), the bride and groom and the guests knew what to do and when to do it, handed out tips/payments to our vendors and made sure the space was setup perfectly and cleaned up completely at the end of the night. She and her team were the reason the day exceeded our every expectation. If you're planning an event and are feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and/or you just need someone to oversee the days activities, I highly recommend that you meet with Lauren for a free consultation.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Eva · Married on 05/17/2014

Lauren and her team were super professional. We hired Something Blu as our day of coordinators to assist with executing our wedding. They put an amazing timeline together for us and all of the vendors that truly became the playbook to our wedding. They were very reliable and I trusted that as the bride I could let go and know that everything would be handled and executed correctly. They were awesome! I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Hiring Lauren and her team for our day-of coordination was one of the best decisions we made! We originally debated whether or not we needed a planner, but looking back, we couldn't have done it without her. She was so responsive and completely on top of things leading up to the wedding, and when the big day came she orchestrated everything perfectly. She's also the sweetest person, it's so obvious she actually cares about her clients and making them feel at ease. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Lucy · Married on 04/26/2014

I cannot say enough about Lauren and her staff. I had the pleasure of hiring them for day-of coordination and I was blow away by their professionalism, attention to detail and overall value. They helped with coordinating a VERY detailed timeline for all vendors and members of the wedding party so that everything rand smoothly on the day of. Most importantly, I worried about nothing as they took care of any and all details and last minute issues. Many of my vendors were so impressed with Lauren and her staff that they are using her for their own weddings and recommending her to their clients. She is certainly one of the best and I highly recommend her to any and all people planning any event in Philadelphia. She is a PREMIERE planner with excellent eye to detail. Thank you again for making my fay absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

Lauren and her team at Something Blu are absolutely the best. I hadn't budgeted for a coordinator and was concerned about cost, but I can honestly say hiring her was the best decision I made (other than my husband of course). She was on top of every single detail, and gave me the best wedding gift ever- the ability to relax and enjoy the day without worry. She brought two assistants that were equally as wonderful. From the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception, and beyond- there is literally not one job these ladies didn’t take on. On top of the big things like planning and coordinating EVERYTHING, her team also helped with little things like carrying my dress for pictures, bustling, and making sure my husband and I had a fresh drink and the best time. At the end of the night (after a very long day!), Lauren was still there boxing things up and making sure nothing was left behind. Beyond being fabulous at her job, Lauren is also one of the easiest people to work with. She is completely in control and takes on a lot, but always manages a pleasant attitude and smile on her face! I am so thankful to have found Lauren, and can genuinely recommend her and her team without a single reservation.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/27/2013

Lauren was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Our reception was at a historic mill --- definitely not a one stop shop venue (we had to bring everything in ourselves) with limited set up time. Once i realized the amount of set up and oversight needed, I started looking into Day of Coordinators. Lauren was recommended to me by a recently married friend and after meeting with her, I realized she was the perfect fit for what we needed. Lauren handled the set up of our venue day of, made sure everything was organized, contacted all of our vendors to confirm, handled our timeline and was there the day of (with her assistant) to help with my every request, and she made sure everything we brought in for the venue was where it needed to be at the end of the night ensuring that parents didn't have to worry about packing their car with our endless decor items. I'm so glad we decided to hire her and several of our vendors commented that she was an extremely easy planner to work with --not the in your face type many of them were used to dealing with. She didn't tell people how to do their jobs, instead she stepped in when needed to make sure all of the details and things that I wanted were executed properly.

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • I

Ivana · Married on 09/21/2013

I had an amazing experience working with Lauren. I consider myself someone who plans ahead and I had already booked all of my major vendors before booking her. I was looking for someone who would appreciate my vision of the day and plainly put, get it done. Lauren and her staff were extremely accommodating and worked with my crazy work schedule to meet so she knew exactly what I wanted. She was responsive to emails, which were our primary mode of communication. She is detail oriented and very thorough. Her day-of-timeline was excellent and as a result of her coordination and execution, our day ran seamlessly. The day after our wedding, we had to travel out of state. Lauren and her team made sure that all of our wedding supplies were organized, packed and ready to go. My wedding day was incredible and awesome and I know that in great part due to Lauren and her teams' work. Thanks!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Lauren and her team were fantastic! We were set for a beautiful outdoor ceremony at a winery when tropical storm Andrea quickly changed our plans... Lauren and her assistants created and executed a fabulous "plan B", and it received rave reviews from all of the guests in attendance. Lauren is extremely responsive, flexible, professional, and a calming energy that is much needed leading up to the big day. We couldn't have made it through the day without her!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Lauren · Married on 03/23/2013

The problem with this review is that there are no words to describe how incredibly thankful I am for Lauren and the Something Blu team. I decided to hire a day-of coordinator two weeks before my wedding (if I could find someone willing to take the job so quickly). I was lucky because I had a March wedding – once you get into wedding season I would definitely recommend making these decisions a bit earlier ;-). Something Blu was immediately up for the challenge. This review is limited to their Day-Of package because that’s what I used but we have all been saying we wish that I had hired them earlier in the process.
    Lauren and her team went above and beyond in so many ways. The best explanation that I can give is that I had a center city wedding that involved a complicated system of shuttles and parking. I have absolutely no idea how it went or worked – except that it worked perfectly. Not one guest asked me a question. Not one guest was confused. THAT is exactly is how everything about the entire day went because of Something Blu.
    To give you some more details, Lauren also drove to meet me for a free consultation in the town where I work so that I could meet on my lunch break. She created an extremely detailed full timeline of the entire weekend and contacted and confirmed with all of my vendors, pulling it all together in just two weeks' time. She attended a walk-through of my venue and attended my rehearsal with her team. They were there the entire wedding day and made sure everything went like an absolute dream. Everything was set up and taken down for me, the venue put together exactly how I wanted, they ensured I didn’t see the groom before hand – this list can go on and on and in ways I don’t even know because they already took care of it! My entire immediate family thanked me for finding them because of how wonderful it made the day for us all. I cannot recommend Something Blu enough to give you the same fairy tale day I had.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Stacy · Married on 02/20/2013

Lauren was absolutely great to work with! She listened to my decorating ideas and put together a beautiful proposal based on my ideas. She is very flexible and really understood my concerns. She revised her proposal when I had to tighten the budget. She really did take the time to work with my budget while still creating a beautiful proposal.

I'm also out of state and she was still very quick to respond to my emails and calls even though we have a 3 hour difference.

Even though last minute , my fiancé and I decided to elope--if I still had a wedding there would be absolutely NO way I would not hire Lauren to coordinate my wedding. She was a big relief to all the wedding stress! If my fiancé and I decide to have a wedding after our elopement I will definitely hire her without a doubt.

Sent on 02/20/2013

Kathi · Married on 10/27/2012

I truly could not have gotten through my daughter's wedding day, as well as the days leading up to it, without Lauren's assistance, expertise, and overall support. She remains calm and professional at all times, even in the most stressful moments for a bride and her mom. She helped with everything from the linens to finding soft pretzel delivery, and so much more. Her assistant, Mary Kate, was wonderful as well, and their teamwork on our special day was flawless. Hiring Lauren as our "day of" coordinator was the best decision I made in our wedding planning.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Karyn · Married on 10/27/2012

Lauren is the greatest! I don't know what we would have done without her!!!!! She was wonderful to work with and made sure our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be.

Sent on 11/05/2012