Something Blu Weddings + Events Reviews

83 | Lansdale, PA

83 Reviews for Something Blu Weddings + Events

Cheryl · Married on 12/10/2016

I don't have enough good things to say about Tara and her team everything went flawless the day of the wedding! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. I did not have to worry about anything thanks again for making my daughters wedding a dream come true!!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Erin · Married on 11/12/2016

I used Something Blu Day of Coordination Services for my November 2016 wedding and it was hands down the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. From the moment I met Tara, I knew I would be in good hands. Being a type A, I usually have a hard time giving over control to others, but Tara was so patient and thorough I never questioned whether or not she would be able to handle it. She was amazing at coordinating all of the vendors and saved me from the dreaded task of the day of timeline. That detail alone made those last few weeks so much less stressful. Once I handed off everything to Tara the week of the wedding, I was actually able to enjoy and be present in every minute of the day. I never once felt like I was having to make major decisions or put out fires the day of. My husband and I were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding and everything was coordinated perfectly. I cannot say enough about how amazing this team is. Just hire them, trust me, its completely worth it.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Mary · Married on 10/14/2016

I couldn’t imagine planning one of the most magical days in my life without Tara’s assistance. She was my saving grace in keeping me organized, on track, and helping me remember key details that I would have overlooked. I most appreciated her for her logistics help, especially with my situation being a little tricky. Tara would meet with me on a routine basis. We would go over checklists to keep organized. Her experience, availability, timeliness, and follow up with me was outstanding – it truly allowed me to put all my confidence in her. Tara assisted in the prep leading up to the wedding, day-of assistance, and even the clean-up! It was incredible how her diligent work behind the scenes with the vendors took a load off my shoulders and allowed me to be able to focus on other things, and even enjoy the week leading up to the special day. Tara demonstrated the utmost professionalism throughout the entire process, and I honestly felt she was genuinely excited for me and living through the process with me. She truly made the entire experience very special for me. I’m incredibly grateful for Tara and could not recommend her enough! She was EXACTLY what I needed - and she made it so much fun for me!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Sue · Married on 10/07/2016

After reading numerous reviews for "day of" coordinators, we chose the best!!! Lauren, from Something Blu was amazing! She is kind, responsive, organized, knowledgeable and offered invaluable guidance to us. As a mother of the bride, wanting to keep my daughter and her fiancé's stress levels to a minimum, I became overwhelmed with the "day of" details. With about 4 months to go, I reached out to an almost fully booked Something Blu for "day of" services. I promptly heard back from Lauren. My daughter and I met with her the following week and she immediately set our minds at ease. Lauren and her assistant, Valentina, were just FANTASTIC on the wedding day! They kept us on track and made sure things ran smoothly. We were all able to just enjoy the day, which was truly a gift! We can't thank Lauren enough and would highly recommend Something Blu without hesitation! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Hiring Lauren was the best decision I made for our wedding!! Lauren and her staff are everything they say they are and then some! Lauren was in contact with me constantly and whenever I needed her throughout all my planning. She was available for every weird question that I had, and having a backyard wedding, I had a lot of questions! Lauren carried out everything she said she would! She was in contact with all of my vendors and had them all on the same timeline! She told them when they needed to be there, where to set up, and everything in between! She decorated my entire cocktail and reception area exactly as I wanted it to look! It looked better than I could have imagined it would! Without Lauren, I would have been trying to manage to group everybody where they needed to be while getting my hair done rather than sitting back and enjoying that time with my girls! I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day because Lauren was taking care of it all! Lauren and her staff are worth every penny and I highly recommend her to any bride planning a wedding, you won't regret your decision! Thank you so much Lauren, you truly made my wedding day fabulous and stress free for all involved!!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Alexandria · Married on 09/03/2016

This review is so long overdue but I want to share how exceptional the team at Something Blu Weddings is! I hired Lauren for my 9/3/16 Wedding held at Cairnwood Estate in Bryn Athyn, PA. From the moment I called her and expressed my interest and hesitation of hiring a day of coordinator (I naively thought I could do it all myself) she professionally explained to me the benefits of her services while understanding our hesitations and budget concerns. I never felt pressured into making a decision but I knew that I couldn't handle it all myself the day of my wedding so my husband and I decided to move forward a few days after our phone call! Let me tell you, this was the best money we spent on our wedding and we still talk about it to this day!

Lauren was extremely professional, detailed, organized, and on top of everything you could think of (or didn't think of). She flawlessly handled our 16+ wedding party starting with our rehearsal at our church a few days before the wedding. She educated our bridal party on how they will walk down the aisle getting everyone comfortable with where they will be the day of. Lauren provided a detailed schedule for the day of the wedding and accounted for any time issues that could have come up. There are so many things I'm so thankful for on the day of our wedding that Lauren and her team took care of, she handled everything with such grace and professionalism. I can't even picture the day without her and I'm so thankful we found her and hired her for our wedding!!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Ally · Married on 08/26/2016

EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS! Best vendor we booked by far! We loved working with Tara. She is a absolute best, so professional, kind and responsible. Tara was amazingly helpful throughout the process. She was on time, detailed and always smiling. If anyone is looking for a wedding coordinator Tara is your person!! Also, she has an amazing day of emergency cart which was stocked with everything and anything. Tara is best in the business.

Sent on 04/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2016

We picked our venue because we didn’t have to stick to a "preferred" vendor list. The ability to use whoever we wanted was great until we realized we somehow had to coordinate all of this the day off. That’s when we found Something Blu. They offer multiple packages that can be customized to fit your needs. The moment we met with Lauren we knew the day would go off without a hitch. Being familiar with the venue, she was able to guide us through the planning process and make suggestions on things we didn’t even think about. Lauren also gave us recommendations on linens and décor that helped us stay within budget. The big day, in August 2016, went perfectly. We gave her a general idea of what we wanted the décor to look like and it’s like she read our minds. Lauren and her team took care of every detail (and every vendor!). I would recommend Something Blu to anyone who wants to work with a planner that will take your vision and turn it into a reality.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Teresa · Married on 08/05/2016

I had the pleasure of meeting Tara from SomethingBlu Weddings when she was the wedding coordinator for my brother’s wedding. When I started planning my own wedding, I just knew I had to hire her. Tara was always checking in with me to ask questions about our big day and gather all of the necessary information to coordinate with our vendors. She is extremely organized, and makes sure that you have thought of every little detail before the big day. Tara met with me at my venue to do a walkthrough so that she could see where we wanted all of our decorations to go. She also attended our rehearsal, and helped ensure that the ceremony would run smoothly. She creates a schedule/timeline and sends this out to all of the vendors so that everyone is on the same page. On the big day, she was calling and communicating with all of our vendors to make sure they were arriving on time. She even went back to my hotel room to grab my flat shoes because I forgot them! People always tell you on your wedding day to enjoy every second, and I was able to do this because of Tara. She really goes the extra mile for her couples, and she was such a pleasure to work with! She was kind, hardworking, and flexible. I can’t say enough good things about her, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Kiran · Married on 06/25/2016

As the MOB, I hired Tara as my wedding day coordinator. From the minute, I met her, I felt confident about my decision. Tara Thistlethwaite is a very intelligent, hardworking, smart and dedicated professional.
    We had an Indian ceremony (baraat & all) with a reception for approx 200 guests at the Radisson in PA. She did a great job in managing a multi racial crowd. Many of my guests gave the wedding a review of “The best wedding that they ever attended”. Tara played huge role for that review!
    My words will not do justice of how much she helped me. Thank you Tara!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Kate and Danny · Married on 06/04/2016

Hiring Lauren was absolutely one of the best decisions I made for my wedding - maybe even the very best one! She was a true pleasure to work with from start to finish. Although I was hesitant to hire a coordinator at first, I was worried that without a day-of-coordinator my loved ones and I, and my mom in particular, would be too overwhelmed with the details of making the day happen to enjoy it. Lauren took all of that worry off of our shoulders. I am so grateful to her for giving my mom and me and my new husband a relaxed and happy day!

From the moment I met her Lauren went to work putting my mind at ease, helping with some decisions and reassuring me that the ones I had already made would work out. I had a lot of diy details to place that she handled beautifully, including all of my own floral centerpieces and decor. No matter what the task at hand, from making our day of timeline, to helping with my dress, to carrying heavy boxes of decor items, Lauren handled it beautifully and professionally. It is clear that she genuinely enjoys what she does, and that makes the day more fun for everyone. Because she and her assistant Rachel handled everything so well the day flew by in a joyful blur.

If a friend in there area were to ask for wedding planning advice my very first suggestion would be to contact Lauren and to trust her with their wedding day. I simply cannot say enough good things about having a coordinator and about Lauren in particular, so I'll just end with a huge thank you to Lauren and Something Blu!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Mariss · Married on 05/28/2016

Tara was hands down amazing! From day one she was extremely helpful. She checked in with me throughout the planning process to make sure I was on top of things, however I never once felt overwhlmed. She was only a phone call away and extremely quick with responding. Our wedding day was seamless and I was able to enjoy every second with my husband with guests. I would (HIGHLY) recommend Tara and her team for any event.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Adrienne · Married on 05/14/2016

You might think you don't need a wedding planner, but trust me you do, and you definitely want to hire Something Blu! I'm super type A and did most of the wedding planning myself, but as I got closer to the day I realized I didn't want to be thinking about all of the logistics and details at my actual wedding. I ended up hiring Something Blu for Day-Of Coordination and it was the best decision I made. Tara and her team were extremely professional and polite, but still made sure everything happened on time and was in the right place. I was truly able to relax and focus on enjoying our wedding because I had complete trust in Tara. She was always available to communicate and is incredibly organized so nothing slipped through the cracks. Hire Something Blu and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Alia · Married on 04/30/2016

Tara was a pleasure to have as my wedding day coordinator. She contacted the vendors starting a month before the wedding and lifted a lot of the weight off of my shoulders. I got so many comments on my wedding day about how relaxed I was and it was all because I knew that Tara was on the same page as me and would make sure everything went smooth. I was so grateful I decided to get a wedding day coordinator and ecstatic that Tara was there for me! I cannot say too many good things about my experience with Something Blu. Totally worth it :)

Sent on 05/09/2016

Mel · Married on 10/11/2015

Lauren and her team are just amazing! Lauren was incredibly organized, professional and was an expert at keeping all of us calm and collected. She made sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. She also did a fantastic job of making sure all of our vendors communicated and worked well together. I had no idea how much I needed a day of coordinator until I absolutely did! Every time I needed an extra set of hands, her assistants were there to take on the task. I also totally never even noticed any of her team was there until I needed them. They were so wonderful at being discrete and accommodating. I am so relieved to have found Lauren to help us with our wedding. Our wedding was beyond our expectations.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Tara · Married on 10/03/2015

Something Blu came in at the last minute due to an issue with a previous wedding planner. I would give them 10
    Stars if possible! Taras attention to detail is out of this world. She was in constant contact with myself and the groom on the day of. She lined up all my vendors prior to the wedding they all complimented to me how up to speed she got in such short time. This was the best decision I made to hire something Blu!

Sent on 10/12/2015

If I could give a 10 out of 10 I would. Something Blu was my day of coordinator and they stepped in after a DISASTER with a previous day of coordinator. With less than a month until the wedding Tara stepped in contacted all my vendors and even assisted in adding last minute vendors. My biggest worry was the Transportation around town for our guest, not only did this run perfect my guests were blown away with the prompt timing of the trolleys. I can not say enough Something Blu is the BEST!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Tia · Married on 09/19/2015

Lauren was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She responded very quickly, shes really sweet and she will get the job done. My original plan was to only use Something Blu for my day of coordination and to assist with finding my venue & catering plus a few small tasks; however, as the wedding approached I was overwhelmed with the decor. Lauren also took on the task of wedding decor 2-3 months before and it was a huge load off of my back. The assistants on the day of were also very nice, willing to make sure the day went smoothly, and even helped to keep a few bridesmaids calm so they didn't ruin their makeup with tears. I'm really glad I worked with Something Blu and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who's looking for a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/27/2015

The best team that made our day incredible from start to finish

Sent on 09/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2015

From the first meeting on I trusted Tara! I hired her as my day of planner. She stepped in around the last month and handled everything. She handled contacts, vendor meetings, family coordination a, the works... Tara made my day perfect. I don't know what else to say. I was a stressed out mess leading up to the wedding but on the day of I had nothing but confidence that she would handle anything and she did! My wedding couldn't have been more wonderful.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Theresa · Married on 08/22/2015

I was the mother of the bride and felt that a wedding planner was a necessity and a luxury. We used Something Blu the month of the wedding. Lauren was amazing and invaluable. This was a very detail oriented wedding and she executed our vision to the T. She organized all of our vendors, setup , cleaned and packed up our many , many decorations, dishes etc. There was a lot of physical work involved. We could sit back and enjoy our special day with our loved ones. Most appreciated was her calm, professional demeanor. Do yourself a favor and hire Lauren if you want to feel like a guest at your wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Robyn · Married on 08/08/2015

Tara from Something Blu Wedding and Events was amazing! My daughter, the bride, and I loved working with her! From the first time we met with her until the end of the wedding reception, she was very professional, personable, pleasant and ORGANIZED! She was always one step ahead of us with every deadline! We hired her for our day of coordinator, but she went above and beyond with any questions or concerns we had before the wedding. The day of the wedding Tara's assistant Kimberly, also very helpful and was there to help the entire bridal part of nine bridesmaids, two flower girls and a mother and father of the bride get to the church on time! I would highly recommend Tara and the Something Blu Wedding and Events team to help with your special day!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Christine · Married on 08/08/2015

We hired Lauren and Something Blu Weddings and Events as a day of coordinator and also to help with planning prior to the wedding. Lauren created a custom wedding planning package for us based on what we were looking for. Throughout the planning, Lauren provided lists of vendors for me to choose from, a timeline, a budget, and answered many, many questions for me. Lauren and her assistants did so much for me on the wedding day that I was able to just relax and enjoy it all. I would highly recommend Lauren and Something Blu!!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Tracy · Married on 08/08/2015

I cannot say enough about our wedding planner Tara except that she was absolutely amazing on the day of and before! With some small bumps in the road, Tara really helped us get everything together and was so on top of things. She was always prepared(sometimes more than us) and took initiative when things did not quite go the way we wanted. The day of I would have been lost without her. The day was so quick and chaotic at times that I did not know where my things were. TAra would ask if she could take them out of my hands and put them where they needed to go for me. You don't know how helpful that was! My fiancé is constantly telling others about how amazing she was. Now that our wedding is over, we can honestly say we will miss her!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Amber · Married on 05/24/2015

Tara is thorough, organized, and pleasant to work with as a day of coordinator. She seemlessly kept our event on schedule and even anticipated changes we would want (i.e. when our dance floor was packed at 10:15, she pushed our shuttles back to the hotel to a later time so our guests could continue to enjoy the party).

Sent on 05/27/2015