Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 6
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2013

My wedding was on May 17, 2013. It was the best day ever. Kathy was always available and even when she was off she responded to emails. All of our guests raved about how good the food and service was. I would highly recommend this site to anyone! The outside gazebo by the lake is so beautiful, the only draw back was that we had a late spring and winter ran longer so there were no flowers planted around the gazebo, it was just plain grayish dirt. It would have even looked better with the red mulch and the green would have really popped! Other than that it was fantastic! Kathy was there every step of the way and when she left for the evening Jen and the staff took over and it was awesome! Kathy even gave me her home number the last month before the wedding in case any emergencies arrived. The saying usually goes "you get what you pay for" but this case was different. Fore Lakes went above and beyond anything I expected and it was fabulous. You can't find a better price and get the service we did. If I could have a wedding each year I don't think I would go anywhere else. It was just fabulous!!!! THANK YOU KATHY AND JEN FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO MAKE OUR DAY AWESOME!! Sarah & Tim

Sent on 05/29/2013

Jackie · Married on 04/13/2013

Fore Lakes does it right! They put our minds at ease and were so helpful and nice! We had so many tell us afterwards how much fun they had and how beautiful the hall was, Kathy and her staff were right there every step of the way and we are so grateful!! Wish we could do it all again, Fore Lakes is the best place in Michigan!!:)

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2012

Fore Lakes was a venue we chose because of the gorgeous setting and up-north/cottage style like architecture of the facility. It is one of the few facilities we looked at that was updated with newer carpet, new lighting fixtures, and had a cozy feeling to it (no mauve and teal, and out-dated furnishings here).
    While it rained on our wedding day, we were not able to get married outside at the amazing gazebo. Kathy Torello-Almanza (facility director) made every effort for the hall to be turned into a great ceremony site, using the wall of windows that looks out to an endless view of trees and mini-lakes as our backdrop. She knew how much my heart was set on getting married outside and assured me that the ceremony taking place indoors would be as close to the outside as possible. While it wasn't my ideal setting, it worked out and was great.
    The service is at FL was unlike anything we have ever experienced. Kathy's team is professional & attentive, taking great care of the head table & our immediate family's during dinner & even after. Kathy's attention to detail & passion for making a bride feel like she is the most important person on her wedding day is something that cannot be matched by any other venue. She truly made us feel like she was throwing a wedding for her own children and that we were that important to her. She constantly kept us updated on everything and reminded us of things that needed done, which helped us out considering we had so much other stuff going on.
    As well, the food at Fore Lakes is beyond anything we could have expected. When we told people where we were getting married, if they had been to FL before, their first response was how good the food was. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing! Everyone was served at the same time, and the food was hot and fresh. The chicken and beef tenderloin were the best I've ever had at a wedding, and probably one of the best I've ever had period.
    From start to finish, so happy with Fore Lakes!

Sent on 10/22/2012

I had my special day at Fore Lakes! Kathy is AMAZING!!!! I don't have any other words to describe her. She was there throughout the entire process from one year before my wedding to the day I got married. I would recommend her for any AMAZING party needed.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Jeanne · Married on 07/20/2012

From start to finish, Kathy and the staff at Fore Lakes attended to every detail. Kathy isn't just the manager, she's a true wedding planner and will provide ideas, referrals, and constant support via phone, emails, or meetings. She's a true professional. Beyond the "bones" of an amazing building and outdoor backdrop, the staff was attentive and the food/drinks were outstanding. Kathy's referrals for flowers, music, and officiant were the best in the county at a very affordable price. Overall, I would recommend this venue without reservation.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2011

Kathy, Aaron and I would like to extend a HUGE thank you for everything that you and your team did to make our wedding reception out-of-this-world! We couldn't have imagined our day going any more perfectly. Everything came together just as we had hoped and thank goodness for Colleen and her coordinating skills! As you know, we were nervous about the night's events and how they would flow (from cake cutting, to dinner, to dancing, etc.) but we couldn't have been more at ease the night of - and we have you to thank for that. All of the accommodations you made for us were over and beyond and we will be forever grateful. Thank you for everything, and we look forward to seeing you in the Spring for a round of golf. :) Please extend our deepest gratitude to Colleen as well, she was such a pleasure to work with. So helpful and just so easy going and enjoyable.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Jackie · Married on 09/10/2011

Our Wedding was perfect!! Kathy did a wonderul job to make sure everything was done perfectly and there were no mistakes. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Fore Lakes as a great venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. THANK you so much Kathy...9-10-11 Wedding <3

Sent on 09/28/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2011

Everything was absolutely PERFECT! The staff is amazing and the venue couldn't be more beautiful. Kathy made the entire process seem less overwhelming. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/25/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/29/2011

Everything was amazing and more beautiful than we could have imagined. Kathy is very helpful and all staff are professional and kind.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 07/08/2011

Everything went so smoothly thanks to Kathy. She ran the ceremony, made sure the food was served right on time, made sure the candles in my centerpieces were lit, handled vendors, etc. I had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of my wedding and we got so many compliments on the location and food =)

Sent on 07/26/2011

Beth · Married on 05/15/2010

Fore Lakes was AMAZING!!!! It was the only place we considered having our wedding & they did NOT disappoint!! From the moment we signed our contract with them (a year & a half before our wedding), we were treated like family.
    Kathy & Terese are the best at what they do! I didn't have a single concern in the few weeks before our wedding because I knew our reception was in the best hands!
    Our wedding day was beyond what we could have imagined & I owe that to the staff at Fore Lakes. They took care of every detail, & followed through on everything they promised.
    Their professionalism & attention to detail is 2nd to none!!!
    I can promise you, if you hire Fore Lakes you will NOT be disppointed!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Tracie · Married on 04/04/2009

Wonderful reception site. Very helpful along the way.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Julia · Married on 10/19/2007

Fore Lakes went out of their way for our wedding, providing unique services, working with our budget, providing perks since we had booked a Friday evening wedding, and allowing us to wait until literally the very last minute to determine whether our ceremony would be indoors or outdoors (and setting up for both). Their prices were extremely reasonable, and with a final guest count of 260 people this was very important. The extra touches they are willing to provide don't go unnoticed, such as free valet, free coat check, free cake cutting, free wedding planner services, wine/cheese for bridal party while getting ready, free bridal party toast... the list goes on and on. The food was incredible, and the guests appreciated having 1 server for only 2 tables, in addition to separate drink servers. Above all, the location is GORGEOUS, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to host my wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2007

Katy · Married on 05/26/2007

The people at Fore Lakes were extremely helpful. They had a variety of choices for the way dinner was served and what would be on the menu. Ours was sort of expensive but we wanted a sit down dinner where the guests were served. When looking at the price please keep in mind that it also includes the cost of a full mixed bar with name brands, a three course meal, appetizers, a late night pizza delivery and gratuities along with the cost of the hall. When we came in to decorate they were still pressing the table skirts which made it sort of difficult to put up some of our decor. When this little issue arose there were no problems because the wedding specialist came in and told us to leave what we couldn't put up and they would finish. This seemed very nice to me. We also had a couple of vegetarians and vegans attend the wedding. They were wonderfully accomodating to make a couple of different meals to make our wedding special for these guests as well. I would reccommend this venue to anyone who is getting married.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Courtney · Married on 06/29/2018

From looking at the pictures on line we thought this was our place. After seeing it in person, we knew for sure this was the place. It is very beautiful. Jennifer has been very professional and helpful as we plan our wedding. She has also been very responsive when answering emails and accommodating to special requests.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/02/2018

Great staff, amazing food and beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Christine · Married on 05/06/2017

They are very accommodating and make sure to give them your budget and what you are looking for, they will definitely work with you!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Dan · Married on 05/07/2016

My wife and I had our wedding at the banquet center on May 7. We had a smaller wedding but everything was perfect. Our host, Jennifer, was great from the beginning all the way to the end of our reception. The food was excellent and the service was as well. The cost was very reasonable. We would recommend this facility to anyone looking to have a wonderful wedding day

Sent on 05/11/2016

Tone · Married on 08/08/2015

I absolutely love this venue. The food is delicious and the staff is so friendly. Jennifer is such a big help with planning our wedding, she was able to accommodate everything we need for our big day! I highly recommend Solitude Links for any occasion!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Beautiful venue and top notch service! Kristan and Jennifer both did a great job, not just with the planning and logistics, but in keeping us happy and at ease.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Audra · Married on 08/02/2014

We had our wedding at Fore Lakes golf course on August 2nd. Our wedding was lovely and the venue was the prettiest I had ever seen! Jen and Kathy were both extremely helpful and easy to work with throughout the whole process! Even with a few bumps on wedding day everything turned out great! Couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Lorrie · Married on 07/05/2013

We had a fantastic experience at Fore Lakes. Kathy and her team were extremely helpful and the venue is well worth the money. Our wedding was perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 07/31/2013
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about Fore Lakes. Kathy and Jen are amazing to work with. They answered any questions promptly day or night leading up to our wedding. Kathy helped us to create a memorable day. The food is top notch as their new chef was able to create dishes not available on their regular menu. Ours guests are still raving over how amazing the food was. Kathy and Jen were very accommodating as well as made sure that our wedding day went off without a hitch. We highly recommend Fore lakes and their staff.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Tina · Married on 05/03/2019

Best Day Ever!

My wedding day was amazing and exceeded my expectations! The staff and venue were both fantastic! They worked around my busy schedule and did many things remotely as I lived out of town.

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 8
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 9
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 10
    Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 11

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that your day turned out to be all you had dreamed it to be. Thank you for choosing us to be part of it!

Caitlin · Married on 06/15/2018

Everything was perfect! A dream come true.

Sent on 08/01/2018