Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 5
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 6
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 7

Scott · Married on 06/27/2014

Our daughter's wedding was beautiful and perfect!

We highly recommend Fore Lakes GC and Banquet. The venue is top notch and deserves 5 out of 5.

I think at first the beauty of it all was what we thought most important -- the wonderful view out the wall of windows and from the large wrap-around balcony; the rustic up-North look and feel of the banquet room; the newly-remodeled clubhouse bar and dining area; and most importantly the picture-perfect outdoor wedding gazebo area—all this combines to make Fore Lakes just amazingly gorgeous.

But when it came to the wedding day and the ceremony itself, we realized that having Kathy and Jennifer and their staff taking care of every detail was what really mattered to us and our guests. The special attention to detail and the quality of the service and the friendliness of each server ensured that our guests were very happy.

We have received so many compliments from our guests on the food, the staff, and the hall.

Thanks Kathy and Jennifer!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband, families, friends and I were all beyond thrilled with our experience we had at Fore Lakes. They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs on our special day. I didn't have a single glitch or mishap thanks to the outstanding staff. Our wedding and reception went with out any flaws, we were never annoyed or bothered by any staff... they all made or night feel natural and comfortable for everyone. We had a lot of compliments on the food, the venue and staff. My husband and I were very proud that our venue was so highly complimented by our guest. Even a few soon - to - be brides were jealous that they didn't chose Fore Lakes, and so they should be.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

We had a truly amazing experience at Fore Lakes. The food was incredible and the staff was fantastic!! Jen did a great job making sure our day ran smoothly. I would highly recommend having your wedding here. The place is gorgeous inside and out!!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Diane · Married on 05/25/2014

After searching wedding venues in the Tri-County area, Forelakes Golf Club and Banquet Center proved to be the absolute perfect venue for my daughter's wedding including ceremony and reception. As a previous owner of two retail/service wedding stores (and a Mother of the Bride), I feel qualified to give a 5 star rating to this establishment and especially to Kathy Torello-Almanza (facility director) and Jennifer Hollenbeck, Sales Representative as well as the complete staff who assisted in the organization and servicing of this wedding. From the first informational meeting with Kathy Almanza to the after-reception cleanup of flower vases and personal accessories by what appeared to be an army of servers who threw themselves to the task, I cannot think of one improvement or betterment to this wedding that could have been addressed. Bravo to the Chef for a superb meal of Salmon with Lemon Burre Blanc and Sliced Roast Tenderloin with Zip Sauce as well as the needed gluten-free, vegan and childrens' meals. All was phenomenal in testament by all guests. Pre and post-ceremony guidance by Kathy calmed nerves and created proper flow as that was the time when all wedding party members appeared to have had a lobotomy including yours truly. I loved the elegant, yet warm surroundings inside the hall with warm wood decor, impeccably set tables and glass surrounding walls gazing upon the huge balcony outside overlooking grassy hills, lakes and waterfalls that encompassed the gazebo where a beautiful memory was made. I cannot imagine having my daughter's wedding at any other venue and must mention the fact that after great research, Forelakes proved to have the lowest cost for all services rendered with a setting like no other. The 40 minute drive was well worth the effort, especially since it was a 1-location wedding and close to hotels in Port Huron for out-of-towners. Although the gala is over, the memories of a perfect wedding at Forelakes will remain forever.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Everything here was amazing! The food was incredible and the service was above expectations. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Our special day was truly perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Katie · Married on 08/24/2013

I cannot say enough positive things about Fore Lakes, Kathy, and the rest of her staff. Not only was the food amazing and the scenery beautiful, but Kathy made this process easy and seamless. We had compliment after compliment from our guests about Fore Lakes!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Great place and the wedding coordinator was amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Heather · Married on 07/26/2013

Definitely give Fore Lakes a 5 star. My wedding was perfect I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and have the reception! Kathy helped so much along the way with planning and the fore lakes staff was right on top of everything. The food was the best food I've ever had! Its been 2 weeks and I still have people telling me how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was! Wish I could do it all over! Everything was beyond my expectations!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Kathy and her staff were wonderful to work with and took care of all the details regarding venue. The food was delicious and the view was gorgeous.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Julie · Married on 07/12/2013

Everything about my experience with Fore Lakes was amazing! The venue is absolutely beautiful and well maintained. The food was fabulous! The customer service we recieved by all staff members - from bartenders, waitresses, to event planners - was very professional, helpful, and kind to us. Anytime I needed anything from planning ahead of time to the day of the event, there was someone there to assist me with a smile on their face! Thank you to everyone at Fore Lakes for the wonderful service and beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/31/2013

The entire planning experience was fantastic and very proffessional with Fore Lakes. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant and what can you say other than - this is breathtaking venue. My husband and I have nothing but great things to say as an out of town guest from Chicago and would highly recommend Fore Lakes to anyone looking to plan a special event. Kudos to Fore Lakes!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Holly · Married on 06/15/2013

I sincerely do not believe that there are enough hours in the day for me to detail all of the things that Fore Lakes did to make our wedding day a dream come true for my husband and I. We had the privilege of holding our June 15th, 2013 wedding and reception at their facility and were extremely satisfied with everything! The facility, staff, and food are top notch and unlike anything else available for miles. For all of my planning needs, I was assisted by Kathy and Jen, who from the start, made me feel like I was the only bride in the whole world and that my day was their top priority. I have heard from other Fore Lakes brides that they have felt the same way which I believe speaks volumes about the individual attention and respect that they afford each and every one of their clients. The two were consistently available to myself and my family as we had questions come up about our event. They are both very knowledgable and they know exactly how to personalize a wedding based on the needs of the couple to make it perfect for them. The gazebo outside where we held our ceremony was was beautifully surrounded by flowers & the surrounding course provided a GORGEOUS backdrop for pictures.The food was fantastic & also received rave reviews from our guests. We chose to do a dessert bar and the staff from Fore Lakes made sure that all of the cakes and other treats served to our guests were displayed beautifully as well. Everyone at Fore Lakes; bar, servers, course, & kitchen, went above and beyond what I ever thought possible. We enjoyed the wedding of our dreams and 2 weeks later are still hearing from our guests that it was "the best wedding that they have EVER been to." Fore Lakes is worth every penny and we would do it all the same 100 times over if we could. I will be happy to recommend them and their services to anyone looking for a wedding/event venue and will always remember all that they did for us! Thank you Fore Lakes staff for making our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2013

HAVE YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT FORE LAKES! It is by far the most beautiful, accommodating venue you will get for the money, and my husband and I had nothing but the most outstanding experience from day 1. Our wedding was June 1, 2013 and our family and friends are still raving about how good the food was, the beautiful views, and the amazingly accommodating staff. I grew up only two miles from Fore Lakes and always dreamed of having my wedding reception there. We priced venues all around Port Huron and Bay City and this was by far the most beautiful place and was actually very, very reasonably priced for all you get. Kathy is AMAZING and worth the price alone...she is like your very own wedding coordinator extraordinaire and she was so helpful throughout my year if planning - answering all my crazy questions, accommodating all my requests, and responding to emails late into the night. She never pushed me into extras we didn't need, and all her wedding business experience is priceless. We also had Holly and Jen as our coordinators the day of - they met us outside as soon as we arrived, and were so accommodating all night long (thanks girls!). We had the full grande ballroom and it was perfect. The dance floor is huge and the room fit our 275 guests perfectly. The two bars are clutch, the bathrooms are beautiful, the private bridal suite is even better, and the deck outside was a huge hit. The new chef is AMAZING and you get a true three course Italian dinner that is to die for. I don't have a single bad thing to say and wish I could have my wedding there every Saturday. It was the most beautiful perfect day of our lives and we can't thank everyone at Fore Lakes enough!! I will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone every chance I get!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Nina · Married on 05/31/2013

Kathy and her staff are so helpful! She made our expierence that much more wonderful. If there was even the slightest problem I would have never even known it becuase she took care of it right away. Kathy keeps everything organized and on time so you as a bride never have to worry about a thing, she is amazing at keeping you at ease. I would continue to use Kathy and Fore Lakes for any event I may have and will be refering everyone I know to her!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Crystal · Married on 05/25/2013

I originally had a destination wedding and Fore Lakes is where we held our reception. I am Canadian and my Husband is American who has family all over the country/World so we decided to pick a spot somewhere in the middle so that all of our family could travel but wouldn't have to drive hours to get there.

Last July I met Kathy, oh man she is amazing...In July of 2012 we booked the venue. It was and is spectular for anyone who is looking. It needed minimal decorations if any because the venue itself and the wrap around windows view were absolutely stunning. The staff are AMAZING. Kathy understood my vision and accomodated it every step of the way. We had changes up until the last minute and dealing with vendors outside of Canada presented it's own challenge but the whole time Fore Lakes and their "crew" made it very easy. Our head server was awesome as well and we had our own little "cooridnator" the day of to make sure everything ran smoothly. Everyone was so pleasant to deal with and the whole night everything was taken care of for me. I had absolutely no worries. I cannot express how grateful I am and how fanatastic everything was. The guests are still raving about the food, the service and the breath taking views. I am so very happy that I chose this venue to celebrate the most important day of our lives. Everyone was so courtesy, always smiling and very professional. Again I cannot say enough great things about Kathy and her staff.. For those looking for an over the top venue at a reasonable price FORE LAKES GOLF CLUB is it!!!

Crystal Coates

It's not always easy planning a reception in another country but you made things seem effortless. You definietly have a passion for this and it shines through..this is your calling and I am so grateful that I met you!!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Very helpful and willing to make things work for you. Beautiful venue. The best food! Rave reviews from all my guests.

Sent on 06/06/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2013

My wedding was on May 17, 2013. It was the best day ever. Kathy was always available and even when she was off she responded to emails. All of our guests raved about how good the food and service was. I would highly recommend this site to anyone! The outside gazebo by the lake is so beautiful, the only draw back was that we had a late spring and winter ran longer so there were no flowers planted around the gazebo, it was just plain grayish dirt. It would have even looked better with the red mulch and the green would have really popped! Other than that it was fantastic! Kathy was there every step of the way and when she left for the evening Jen and the staff took over and it was awesome! Kathy even gave me her home number the last month before the wedding in case any emergencies arrived. The saying usually goes "you get what you pay for" but this case was different. Fore Lakes went above and beyond anything I expected and it was fabulous. You can't find a better price and get the service we did. If I could have a wedding each year I don't think I would go anywhere else. It was just fabulous!!!! THANK YOU KATHY AND JEN FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO MAKE OUR DAY AWESOME!! Sarah & Tim

Sent on 05/29/2013

Jackie · Married on 04/13/2013

Fore Lakes does it right! They put our minds at ease and were so helpful and nice! We had so many tell us afterwards how much fun they had and how beautiful the hall was, Kathy and her staff were right there every step of the way and we are so grateful!! Wish we could do it all again, Fore Lakes is the best place in Michigan!!:)

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2012

Fore Lakes was a venue we chose because of the gorgeous setting and up-north/cottage style like architecture of the facility. It is one of the few facilities we looked at that was updated with newer carpet, new lighting fixtures, and had a cozy feeling to it (no mauve and teal, and out-dated furnishings here).
    While it rained on our wedding day, we were not able to get married outside at the amazing gazebo. Kathy Torello-Almanza (facility director) made every effort for the hall to be turned into a great ceremony site, using the wall of windows that looks out to an endless view of trees and mini-lakes as our backdrop. She knew how much my heart was set on getting married outside and assured me that the ceremony taking place indoors would be as close to the outside as possible. While it wasn't my ideal setting, it worked out and was great.
    The service is at FL was unlike anything we have ever experienced. Kathy's team is professional & attentive, taking great care of the head table & our immediate family's during dinner & even after. Kathy's attention to detail & passion for making a bride feel like she is the most important person on her wedding day is something that cannot be matched by any other venue. She truly made us feel like she was throwing a wedding for her own children and that we were that important to her. She constantly kept us updated on everything and reminded us of things that needed done, which helped us out considering we had so much other stuff going on.
    As well, the food at Fore Lakes is beyond anything we could have expected. When we told people where we were getting married, if they had been to FL before, their first response was how good the food was. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing! Everyone was served at the same time, and the food was hot and fresh. The chicken and beef tenderloin were the best I've ever had at a wedding, and probably one of the best I've ever had period.
    From start to finish, so happy with Fore Lakes!

Sent on 10/22/2012

I had my special day at Fore Lakes! Kathy is AMAZING!!!! I don't have any other words to describe her. She was there throughout the entire process from one year before my wedding to the day I got married. I would recommend her for any AMAZING party needed.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Jeanne · Married on 07/20/2012

From start to finish, Kathy and the staff at Fore Lakes attended to every detail. Kathy isn't just the manager, she's a true wedding planner and will provide ideas, referrals, and constant support via phone, emails, or meetings. She's a true professional. Beyond the "bones" of an amazing building and outdoor backdrop, the staff was attentive and the food/drinks were outstanding. Kathy's referrals for flowers, music, and officiant were the best in the county at a very affordable price. Overall, I would recommend this venue without reservation.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2011

Kathy, Aaron and I would like to extend a HUGE thank you for everything that you and your team did to make our wedding reception out-of-this-world! We couldn't have imagined our day going any more perfectly. Everything came together just as we had hoped and thank goodness for Colleen and her coordinating skills! As you know, we were nervous about the night's events and how they would flow (from cake cutting, to dinner, to dancing, etc.) but we couldn't have been more at ease the night of - and we have you to thank for that. All of the accommodations you made for us were over and beyond and we will be forever grateful. Thank you for everything, and we look forward to seeing you in the Spring for a round of golf. :) Please extend our deepest gratitude to Colleen as well, she was such a pleasure to work with. So helpful and just so easy going and enjoyable.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Jackie · Married on 09/10/2011

Our Wedding was perfect!! Kathy did a wonderul job to make sure everything was done perfectly and there were no mistakes. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Fore Lakes as a great venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. THANK you so much Kathy...9-10-11 Wedding <3

Sent on 09/28/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2011

Everything was absolutely PERFECT! The staff is amazing and the venue couldn't be more beautiful. Kathy made the entire process seem less overwhelming. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 09/25/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/29/2011

Everything was amazing and more beautiful than we could have imagined. Kathy is very helpful and all staff are professional and kind.

Sent on 08/15/2011