Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

135 | Smiths Creek, MI

135 Reviews for Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2016

I can not express how much I appreciate the services of Jenn and Kristan!!! They have been so helpful in the planning process that made my decision to have my special day at Solitude Links a no-brainer. Every email I sent received a response within an hour. Throughout my day of planning process, they allowed me to change little details that I was on the fence about without feeling overwhelmed or inconvenienced.
    The option of having the shuttle that provides transportation to hotels in the area makes it so convenient for out of town guest and those who have been drinking.
    The outside deck is a site in it self. It almost makes it easier to decorate the banquet area because the natural beauty is enough. The reception hall has windows all around which allows you to continue appreciating the natural beauty of the golf course while the night goes on. Having two bars within the grande hall allows for guest to having better bar service.
    I really fell in love with the venue during our visit. The ladies were comforting and took care of all of my concerns and even offered options that I had not considered.
    I would recommend Solitude Links to any one with an upcoming wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Amy · Married on 10/08/2016

Jen is awesome! Our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Stefanie · Married on 09/16/2016

I could not have asked for a better venue for my wedding! The landscaping, scenery, and the ballroom was beautiful. Jen was amazing to work with, very professional and helped make my wedding day as special as possible.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2016

Solitude links was above and beyond what we expected. The service was excellent, and Jennifer the coordinator was so helpful and patient with us. I love the remodel and rustic, yet elegant feel to this venue.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Solitude Links is a great place to have your ceremony and reception. The venue has a huge outdoor deck with beautiful views of the golf course. The gazebo on the water is adorable and a perfect back drop for a ceremony. Working with the staff at Solitude has been excellent. They are very responsive to questions and helpful in the planning process. Planning my wedding from the east coast has been a lot easier with their help. I highly recommend this venue to perspective couples.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/03/2016

Jen has been amazing! She is on top of all the details, is super nice and makes you feel reassured that it's all going to turn out great. I know my fiancé and me are in great hands. I am so happy I get to use this venue! It's a beauitful location.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Christina · Married on 07/08/2016

Solitude Links was the best place to have our wedding ceremony and reception! Guests all complimented the venue and everyone raved about the food! Our service with Jenn was beyond exceptional. Jenn was responsive, understanding, helpful, flexible, and was the best helping hands that I ever could have imagined having on our wedding day. She made sure that everything was right during the entire process. All of the staff that night made my husband and I feel like royalty. They were respectful, and very attentive to all of our needs. I would recommend Solitude Links to all brides for so many reasons!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

We loved having our wedding at solitude links. I have been to over 30 weddings at this point in my lifeet and although as the bride I may be biased, this was my absolute favorite venue. The staff from day one was so professional and easy to work with, and it continued to the day of the wedding which they made so special and smooth. The venue is beautiful, the outdoor patio has a perfect view of the course and lake, and the sun sets right over that! The food was amazing, pretzel encrusted chicken is a must. Five stars all around for sure!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Hannah · Married on 05/21/2016

Best venue ever! Jen is the best event planner to work with. She is always ready and willing to help and provide advice and tips at anytime! The moment we walked into the front doors we knew this venue was the one. It is clean, beautiful and so wide open - the pictures don't do it justice. We are getting married in a month and I absolutely cannot wait to see everything come together, I am so confident our day will be perfect thanks to Jen and the team at Solitude Links!

Sent on 04/16/2016

Donna · Married on 05/21/2016

This was a beautiful venue! My husband and I just got married here on 5/21/16. They were very professional and helpful in the planning. The food was great! The guests loved the venue and the outdoor deck was great for a beautiful day. Everyone enjoyed the day!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Hillary · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I had planned this wedding all the way from North Dakota and couldn't have done this without Jennifer and the staff. Everything went beyond our expectations from how caring the staff was, to how great the food was, to even how beautiful the venue was in person as well as pictures. We very much appreciated how well Jennifer was able to coordinate with us long distance and provide us with quick helpful responses through e-mail and phone calls. It ended up snowing on the day of our wedding (4/2/2016), however it turned out to be great because we were able to take the absolute most gorgeous pictures that only this venue could have provided. Everything went very smoothly on the day of the event, thank you to the Solitude Links Golf Course staff!

Sent on 04/24/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. The staff at Solitude Links was absolutely amazing to work with and so professional. They made our wedding reception perfect down to the very last detail! We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 03/19/2017

The staff were amazing in the planning and the night of the wedding. The most perfect wedding in the perfect setting. The food was great and the chef worked with us to accommodate a special food allergy. Jennifer was exceptional in helping us design and find the perfect DJ for the receptions. She helped us by answering questions, showing us around, making suggestions when we asked, and really helped us with all the details. The shuttle service was excellent add on for us to make sure our guests could enjoy the event without the worry of driving after. Solitude Links worked with us to make a New Years Eve wedding possible in a 6 week timeframe. All our guests agreed that it was perfect in every way!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Brandon · Married on 10/03/2015

While looking around Southeast Michigan for wedding venues, we kept going back to the recommendations of friends who had been married at Solitude Links (who had been married there when the venue was still Fore Lakes). We knew from attending said weddings that the location and facilities were great... but what everyone continued to rave about was the wedding coordinator, Jennifer, and how she made the wedding planning easy and was extremely detailed and flexible.

We decided on Solitude Links and the reputation has lived up to everything we could possibly had hoped. In addition to the great work Jennifer and staff have done, we were surprised and happy to see that much of the facility has upgrading (ie... landscaping to open up the gazebo area & nice changes to the downstairs/bar area), and looks better than ever.

This has always been a favorite for our love of golf, but now has turned into a special place that my fiance and I will look back on favorably.

tl;dr: Gorgeous views, helpful staff (cannot stress enough how great Jennifer has been to work with), cannot wait to our big day with Solitude Links in October!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Bridget · Married on 08/29/2015

Solitude Links (fka Fore Lakes) was the perfect place for a reception. I worked with Jen who must have answered a million questions for me and made the entire experience stress free and simple. I especially like Solitude Links because they have everything you need for a wedding: the tables, tableware, table cloths, chairs, great food, dance floor, bar, and a beautiful view. They even have things you don't realize you need like a bridal party powder room, no cake cutting fee, short term storage where you can pick up left over decorations, and high chairs/booster seats/dj table/cake and gift tables. For my wedding I had cupcakes and they even set them up on the cake tiers and put individual doilies on each of the 250! They are really willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the wedding day. The pricing is super easy to follow since everything mentioned is included and then you can pay incremental per person for extras. The wedding reception was a wonderful and seamless event at Solitude Links. My only complaint is that it was so fun that it went by too quickly.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Suzanne · Married on 07/03/2015

Awesome, awesome, awesome from start to finish!! Our son and daughter-in-law were married and had reception @ Solitude Links and I highly recommend sitting down with Jennifer Hollenbeck and letting her take over some of the tasks at hand while planning your future wedding. From the professionalism, food and bar service, wait staff, logistics of venue, serene setting, I could go on and on!! It was all spot on. If there were any issues we did not know about them. We also had many from out of state (us included) and could not have asked for a better wedding site for our children. We liked it so much that another son and his soon to be bride also picked Solitude Links for their wedding and venue set for September, 2016!! Cannot wait!! Thank you to the owners and ALL of the staff at Solitude Links for making our day perfect from start to finish!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Abigail · Married on 06/13/2015

I honestly cannot believe how absolutely perfect our wedding reception was with Solitude Links. It was everything I thought it would be and more. Jen was so helpful, patient and willing to do just about anything I needed to make the day go smoothly. I'll be honest, when we went to taste testing I was a little nervous because the food wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but the meal at our wedding was out of this world. We did beef tenderloin and chicken marsala and it was absolutely amazing. I have gotten nonstop compliments about how beautiful our venue was and how awesome the food was.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Melena · Married on 06/12/2015

My wedding could not have gone more smoothly thanks to Jennifer. She was so great! My entire day went off without a hitch! The food was amazing and I was so happy. My guests had nothing but good things to say!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Terri · event on: 03/24/2015

Jennifer and her staff were wonderful to work with on our annual fundraiser. They accommodated our every need and did so with a smile. Attendees raved about the meal too. Hats off to Solitude Links!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Thomas · Married on 07/26/2014

Wow, where to start, I am the Groom and and I helped my Wife plan our wedding of 95 people with Jennifer and Carol, (I can't imagine how someone could do all this by themselves) what an amazing experience. From the time that Michele and I decided to have our wedding at Fore Lakes we found that Jennifer and Carol were amazing. They literally showed excitement about our big event and helped with anything that we asked for. One of the best things that Jen did for us, was to introduce us to our Minister. Pastor Max is incredible, He was was excited to marry us and worked with us to make sure that all of dreams became a reality. The venue for our Ceremony was beautiful, the reception room was stunning (thanks to my bride) the food was delicious and the night was magical. I cant begin to compliment the staff enough for the top shelf professionalism all evening long. If you are thinking of having your event at Fore Lakes I would say do it in a minute. Top shelf everything

Sent on 08/12/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Fore Lakes did a wonderful job with my wedding. They are extremely organized and professional and will not let you down ! Kathy and Jenn were caring and went above and beyond to meet any special requests I had. I would highly recommend Fore Lakes as top venue choice for weddings held in Michigan.

Sent on 07/30/2014

We had our wedding at Fore Lakes Golf Club, on July 4, 2014. The wedding coordinators were very helpful, throughout the whole planning process. We got all of our questions answered in a timely manner. They were all very flexible and really took care of our event. The food was good, and the place is beautiful for any event. We were able to taste our food weeks before and decorate the day before the wedding. We would also recommend renting the cabin house located in the golf course for any one that has a large family coming from another state. It is an absolutely beautiful house with many things that makes is so convenient . Over all our, wedding was everything we planned for. We were very happy we chose Fore Lakes!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Jackie · Married on 06/28/2014

The planning process and the day went very well! Jen was very helpful and answered all of our questions and concerns throughout the entire process and the day of! We received many compliments about the plated dinner (chicken and beef) from guests who appreciated not having a buffet or family-style arrangement. Food service went well in all aspects! We received many compliments on the room and the facility from those who had never been there before and heard from an engaged couple that this location moved up on their list since they were able to experience a wedding there before their own. Thank you all for everything!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Scott · Married on 06/27/2014

Our daughter's wedding was beautiful and perfect!

We highly recommend Fore Lakes GC and Banquet. The venue is top notch and deserves 5 out of 5.

I think at first the beauty of it all was what we thought most important -- the wonderful view out the wall of windows and from the large wrap-around balcony; the rustic up-North look and feel of the banquet room; the newly-remodeled clubhouse bar and dining area; and most importantly the picture-perfect outdoor wedding gazebo area—all this combines to make Fore Lakes just amazingly gorgeous.

But when it came to the wedding day and the ceremony itself, we realized that having Kathy and Jennifer and their staff taking care of every detail was what really mattered to us and our guests. The special attention to detail and the quality of the service and the friendliness of each server ensured that our guests were very happy.

We have received so many compliments from our guests on the food, the staff, and the hall.

Thanks Kathy and Jennifer!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband, families, friends and I were all beyond thrilled with our experience we had at Fore Lakes. They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs on our special day. I didn't have a single glitch or mishap thanks to the outstanding staff. Our wedding and reception went with out any flaws, we were never annoyed or bothered by any staff... they all made or night feel natural and comfortable for everyone. We had a lot of compliments on the food, the venue and staff. My husband and I were very proud that our venue was so highly complimented by our guest. Even a few soon - to - be brides were jealous that they didn't chose Fore Lakes, and so they should be.

Sent on 07/17/2014