Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center Reviews

Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 5
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 6
Solitude Links Golf Course & Banquet Center 7

BRIDGET · Married on 08/29/2015

Solitude Links (fka Fore Lakes) was the perfect place for a reception. I worked with Jen who must have answered a million questions for me and made the entire experience stress free and simple. I especially like Solitude Links because they have everything you need for a wedding: the tables, tableware, table cloths, chairs, great food, dance floor, bar, and a beautiful view. They even have things you don't realize you need like a bridal party powder room, no cake cutting fee, short term storage where you can pick up left over decorations, and high chairs/booster seats/dj table/cake and gift tables. For my wedding I had cupcakes and they even set them up on the cake tiers and put individual doilies on each of the 250! They are really willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the wedding day. The pricing is super easy to follow since everything mentioned is included and then you can pay incremental per person for extras. The wedding reception was a wonderful and seamless event at Solitude Links. My only complaint is that it was so fun that it went by too quickly.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Suzanne · Married on 07/03/2015

Awesome, awesome, awesome from start to finish!! Our son and daughter-in-law were married and had reception @ Solitude Links and I highly recommend sitting down with Jennifer Hollenbeck and letting her take over some of the tasks at hand while planning your future wedding. From the professionalism, food and bar service, wait staff, logistics of venue, serene setting, I could go on and on!! It was all spot on. If there were any issues we did not know about them. We also had many from out of state (us included) and could not have asked for a better wedding site for our children. We liked it so much that another son and his soon to be bride also picked Solitude Links for their wedding and venue set for September, 2016!! Cannot wait!! Thank you to the owners and ALL of the staff at Solitude Links for making our day perfect from start to finish!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Abigail · Married on 06/13/2015

I honestly cannot believe how absolutely perfect our wedding reception was with Solitude Links. It was everything I thought it would be and more. Jen was so helpful, patient and willing to do just about anything I needed to make the day go smoothly. I'll be honest, when we went to taste testing I was a little nervous because the food wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but the meal at our wedding was out of this world. We did beef tenderloin and chicken marsala and it was absolutely amazing. I have gotten nonstop compliments about how beautiful our venue was and how awesome the food was.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Melena · Married on 06/12/2015

My wedding could not have gone more smoothly thanks to Jennifer. She was so great! My entire day went off without a hitch! The food was amazing and I was so happy. My guests had nothing but good things to say!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Terri · event on 03/24/2015

Jennifer and her staff were wonderful to work with on our annual fundraiser. They accommodated our every need and did so with a smile. Attendees raved about the meal too. Hats off to Solitude Links!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Thomas · Married on 07/26/2014

Wow, where to start, I am the Groom and and I helped my Wife plan our wedding of 95 people with Jennifer and Carol, (I can't imagine how someone could do all this by themselves) what an amazing experience. From the time that Michele and I decided to have our wedding at Fore Lakes we found that Jennifer and Carol were amazing. They literally showed excitement about our big event and helped with anything that we asked for. One of the best things that Jen did for us, was to introduce us to our Minister. Pastor Max is incredible, He was was excited to marry us and worked with us to make sure that all of dreams became a reality. The venue for our Ceremony was beautiful, the reception room was stunning (thanks to my bride) the food was delicious and the night was magical. I cant begin to compliment the staff enough for the top shelf professionalism all evening long. If you are thinking of having your event at Fore Lakes I would say do it in a minute. Top shelf everything

Sent on 08/12/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Fore Lakes did a wonderful job with my wedding. They are extremely organized and professional and will not let you down ! Kathy and Jenn were caring and went above and beyond to meet any special requests I had. I would highly recommend Fore Lakes as top venue choice for weddings held in Michigan.

Sent on 07/30/2014

We had our wedding at Fore Lakes Golf Club, on July 4, 2014. The wedding coordinators were very helpful, throughout the whole planning process. We got all of our questions answered in a timely manner. They were all very flexible and really took care of our event. The food was good, and the place is beautiful for any event. We were able to taste our food weeks before and decorate the day before the wedding. We would also recommend renting the cabin house located in the golf course for any one that has a large family coming from another state. It is an absolutely beautiful house with many things that makes is so convenient . Over all our, wedding was everything we planned for. We were very happy we chose Fore Lakes!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Jackie · Married on 06/28/2014

The planning process and the day went very well! Jen was very helpful and answered all of our questions and concerns throughout the entire process and the day of! We received many compliments about the plated dinner (chicken and beef) from guests who appreciated not having a buffet or family-style arrangement. Food service went well in all aspects! We received many compliments on the room and the facility from those who had never been there before and heard from an engaged couple that this location moved up on their list since they were able to experience a wedding there before their own. Thank you all for everything!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Scott · Married on 06/27/2014

Our daughter's wedding was beautiful and perfect!

We highly recommend Fore Lakes GC and Banquet. The venue is top notch and deserves 5 out of 5.

I think at first the beauty of it all was what we thought most important -- the wonderful view out the wall of windows and from the large wrap-around balcony; the rustic up-North look and feel of the banquet room; the newly-remodeled clubhouse bar and dining area; and most importantly the picture-perfect outdoor wedding gazebo area—all this combines to make Fore Lakes just amazingly gorgeous.

But when it came to the wedding day and the ceremony itself, we realized that having Kathy and Jennifer and their staff taking care of every detail was what really mattered to us and our guests. The special attention to detail and the quality of the service and the friendliness of each server ensured that our guests were very happy.

We have received so many compliments from our guests on the food, the staff, and the hall.

Thanks Kathy and Jennifer!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband, families, friends and I were all beyond thrilled with our experience we had at Fore Lakes. They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs on our special day. I didn't have a single glitch or mishap thanks to the outstanding staff. Our wedding and reception went with out any flaws, we were never annoyed or bothered by any staff... they all made or night feel natural and comfortable for everyone. We had a lot of compliments on the food, the venue and staff. My husband and I were very proud that our venue was so highly complimented by our guest. Even a few soon - to - be brides were jealous that they didn't chose Fore Lakes, and so they should be.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

We had a truly amazing experience at Fore Lakes. The food was incredible and the staff was fantastic!! Jen did a great job making sure our day ran smoothly. I would highly recommend having your wedding here. The place is gorgeous inside and out!!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Diane · Married on 05/25/2014

After searching wedding venues in the Tri-County area, Forelakes Golf Club and Banquet Center proved to be the absolute perfect venue for my daughter's wedding including ceremony and reception. As a previous owner of two retail/service wedding stores (and a Mother of the Bride), I feel qualified to give a 5 star rating to this establishment and especially to Kathy Torello-Almanza (facility director) and Jennifer Hollenbeck, Sales Representative as well as the complete staff who assisted in the organization and servicing of this wedding. From the first informational meeting with Kathy Almanza to the after-reception cleanup of flower vases and personal accessories by what appeared to be an army of servers who threw themselves to the task, I cannot think of one improvement or betterment to this wedding that could have been addressed. Bravo to the Chef for a superb meal of Salmon with Lemon Burre Blanc and Sliced Roast Tenderloin with Zip Sauce as well as the needed gluten-free, vegan and childrens' meals. All was phenomenal in testament by all guests. Pre and post-ceremony guidance by Kathy calmed nerves and created proper flow as that was the time when all wedding party members appeared to have had a lobotomy including yours truly. I loved the elegant, yet warm surroundings inside the hall with warm wood decor, impeccably set tables and glass surrounding walls gazing upon the huge balcony outside overlooking grassy hills, lakes and waterfalls that encompassed the gazebo where a beautiful memory was made. I cannot imagine having my daughter's wedding at any other venue and must mention the fact that after great research, Forelakes proved to have the lowest cost for all services rendered with a setting like no other. The 40 minute drive was well worth the effort, especially since it was a 1-location wedding and close to hotels in Port Huron for out-of-towners. Although the gala is over, the memories of a perfect wedding at Forelakes will remain forever.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Carrie · event on 05/16/2014

We just had our Annual May Ball at Fore Lakes last week for the fourth year in a row and the service was excellent as ever! The staff was professional and courteous and the food was excellent. We have already booked again for next year!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Everything here was amazing! The food was incredible and the service was above expectations. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Our special day was truly perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Katie · Married on 08/24/2013

I cannot say enough positive things about Fore Lakes, Kathy, and the rest of her staff. Not only was the food amazing and the scenery beautiful, but Kathy made this process easy and seamless. We had compliment after compliment from our guests about Fore Lakes!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Great place and the wedding coordinator was amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Heather · Married on 07/26/2013

Definitely give Fore Lakes a 5 star. My wedding was perfect I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and have the reception! Kathy helped so much along the way with planning and the fore lakes staff was right on top of everything. The food was the best food I've ever had! Its been 2 weeks and I still have people telling me how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was! Wish I could do it all over! Everything was beyond my expectations!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Kathy and her staff were wonderful to work with and took care of all the details regarding venue. The food was delicious and the view was gorgeous.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Julie · Married on 07/12/2013

Everything about my experience with Fore Lakes was amazing! The venue is absolutely beautiful and well maintained. The food was fabulous! The customer service we recieved by all staff members - from bartenders, waitresses, to event planners - was very professional, helpful, and kind to us. Anytime I needed anything from planning ahead of time to the day of the event, there was someone there to assist me with a smile on their face! Thank you to everyone at Fore Lakes for the wonderful service and beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/31/2013

The entire planning experience was fantastic and very proffessional with Fore Lakes. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant and what can you say other than - this is breathtaking venue. My husband and I have nothing but great things to say as an out of town guest from Chicago and would highly recommend Fore Lakes to anyone looking to plan a special event. Kudos to Fore Lakes!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Holly · Married on 06/15/2013

I sincerely do not believe that there are enough hours in the day for me to detail all of the things that Fore Lakes did to make our wedding day a dream come true for my husband and I. We had the privilege of holding our June 15th, 2013 wedding and reception at their facility and were extremely satisfied with everything! The facility, staff, and food are top notch and unlike anything else available for miles. For all of my planning needs, I was assisted by Kathy and Jen, who from the start, made me feel like I was the only bride in the whole world and that my day was their top priority. I have heard from other Fore Lakes brides that they have felt the same way which I believe speaks volumes about the individual attention and respect that they afford each and every one of their clients. The two were consistently available to myself and my family as we had questions come up about our event. They are both very knowledgable and they know exactly how to personalize a wedding based on the needs of the couple to make it perfect for them. The gazebo outside where we held our ceremony was was beautifully surrounded by flowers & the surrounding course provided a GORGEOUS backdrop for pictures.The food was fantastic & also received rave reviews from our guests. We chose to do a dessert bar and the staff from Fore Lakes made sure that all of the cakes and other treats served to our guests were displayed beautifully as well. Everyone at Fore Lakes; bar, servers, course, & kitchen, went above and beyond what I ever thought possible. We enjoyed the wedding of our dreams and 2 weeks later are still hearing from our guests that it was "the best wedding that they have EVER been to." Fore Lakes is worth every penny and we would do it all the same 100 times over if we could. I will be happy to recommend them and their services to anyone looking for a wedding/event venue and will always remember all that they did for us! Thank you Fore Lakes staff for making our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 06/28/2013
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2013

HAVE YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION AT FORE LAKES! It is by far the most beautiful, accommodating venue you will get for the money, and my husband and I had nothing but the most outstanding experience from day 1. Our wedding was June 1, 2013 and our family and friends are still raving about how good the food was, the beautiful views, and the amazingly accommodating staff. I grew up only two miles from Fore Lakes and always dreamed of having my wedding reception there. We priced venues all around Port Huron and Bay City and this was by far the most beautiful place and was actually very, very reasonably priced for all you get. Kathy is AMAZING and worth the price alone...she is like your very own wedding coordinator extraordinaire and she was so helpful throughout my year if planning - answering all my crazy questions, accommodating all my requests, and responding to emails late into the night. She never pushed me into extras we didn't need, and all her wedding business experience is priceless. We also had Holly and Jen as our coordinators the day of - they met us outside as soon as we arrived, and were so accommodating all night long (thanks girls!). We had the full grande ballroom and it was perfect. The dance floor is huge and the room fit our 275 guests perfectly. The two bars are clutch, the bathrooms are beautiful, the private bridal suite is even better, and the deck outside was a huge hit. The new chef is AMAZING and you get a true three course Italian dinner that is to die for. I don't have a single bad thing to say and wish I could have my wedding there every Saturday. It was the most beautiful perfect day of our lives and we can't thank everyone at Fore Lakes enough!! I will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone every chance I get!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Nina · Married on 05/31/2013

Kathy and her staff are so helpful! She made our expierence that much more wonderful. If there was even the slightest problem I would have never even known it becuase she took care of it right away. Kathy keeps everything organized and on time so you as a bride never have to worry about a thing, she is amazing at keeping you at ease. I would continue to use Kathy and Fore Lakes for any event I may have and will be refering everyone I know to her!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Crystal · Married on 05/25/2013

I originally had a destination wedding and Fore Lakes is where we held our reception. I am Canadian and my Husband is American who has family all over the country/World so we decided to pick a spot somewhere in the middle so that all of our family could travel but wouldn't have to drive hours to get there.

Last July I met Kathy, oh man she is amazing...In July of 2012 we booked the venue. It was and is spectular for anyone who is looking. It needed minimal decorations if any because the venue itself and the wrap around windows view were absolutely stunning. The staff are AMAZING. Kathy understood my vision and accomodated it every step of the way. We had changes up until the last minute and dealing with vendors outside of Canada presented it's own challenge but the whole time Fore Lakes and their "crew" made it very easy. Our head server was awesome as well and we had our own little "cooridnator" the day of to make sure everything ran smoothly. Everyone was so pleasant to deal with and the whole night everything was taken care of for me. I had absolutely no worries. I cannot express how grateful I am and how fanatastic everything was. The guests are still raving about the food, the service and the breath taking views. I am so very happy that I chose this venue to celebrate the most important day of our lives. Everyone was so courtesy, always smiling and very professional. Again I cannot say enough great things about Kathy and her staff.. For those looking for an over the top venue at a reasonable price FORE LAKES GOLF CLUB is it!!!

Crystal Coates

It's not always easy planning a reception in another country but you made things seem effortless. You definietly have a passion for this and it shines through..this is your calling and I am so grateful that I met you!!!

Sent on 06/10/2013