Soleil Events Reviews

16 | Santa Ynez, CA

16 Reviews for Soleil Events

Sheila · Married on 05/12/2018

MoB in Virginia realizes a Santa Barbara wedding at a venue where everything, including kitchen and dance floor, must be rented and set up in 3 outdoor courtyards for ceremony, cocktails, and reception/dancing is a herculean task. She doesn't know what she doesn't know! Who ya gonna call? Leanne Elliott of Soleil Events in Santa Ynez! Her "Finishing Touches Plus" package is magical -- a custom vendor list, on-line planning tool, handling of all logistics (lighting, sound, rentals, layout), leaving the fun decisions to Bride, Groom and parents.

Leanne is truly a joy. No more anxiety about hosting a wedding 2,700 miles away! In touch via email and telephone, when we meet nine months before the wedding, she's already a friend. She responds promptly to questions and concerns, offers expert advice patiently, and assists with endless minute details. Leanne recommends vendors who fit our "vision;" all far exceed expectations.

For the 4:00 p.m. wedding, Leanne is at the venue early in the morning to meet the vendors -- caterer, florist, lighting/stage crews, tables, chairs and linen rentals, band, and string quartet -- to ensure precise set-up. At 2:30, the Bridal Party and family arrive; Leanne looks professional and calm, despite having already worked nearly 8 hours! She efficiently guides us and 200 guests through the ceremony, photo shoot, cocktail hour, and reception, making sure Bridal Party and Bride's and Groom's families want for nothing all day.

During Leanne's 18-hour day, she seamlessly handles details, so we can enjoy ourselves, our guests, and spend time on the dance floor. At the end of the day, she oversees vendors to ensure the venue is left in good order. It is like a Fairy Godmother has waved her wand, loveliness prevails until the clock strikes midnight and the Bride and Groom start their new life together, leaving beautiful memories and gorgeous photos of the perfect Wedding Day that Leanne Elliott orchestrated.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Monique · Married on 07/02/2017

On July 2nd my husband and I had our wedding reception at Firestone Vineyard in Los Olivos. The day felt like a perfect dream. The flow of the evening went unbelievably smooth and every moment exceeded my expectations. Leanne at Soleil Events was the reason for this. Our wedding reception had a couple unique aspects. We had 120 guests seated at one long table in the vineyard's barrel room and we incorporated 3 different areas of the venue (one for the cocktail hour, another for dinner, and a third location for dessert and dancing). The vibe of the evening was classy, elegant, and romantic. Leanne was wonderful to work with. She knew exactly what we wanted and how to make our vision a reality. I strongly recommend Leanne and am so happy we crossed paths. She made our wedding a day to remember.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2017

Leanne is amazing!! We were planning our wedding from across the country and Leanne's help was invaluable to us and made everything so easy and effortless! From our first phone conversation we knew Leanne would be a perfect match for our relaxed California winery wedding vibe! Can't say enough how effortless planning was because Leanne took care of everything and gave my husband and I excellent vendor selections. Such an amazing team and Leanne as the leader created an absolutely perfect day!!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Carole · Married on 04/22/2017

Leanne was an indispensable asset. The venue we had chosen required that we hire an approved planner. After contacting several on their list, we chose Soleil's Finishing Touches package and it was our second best decision. Our first was choosing to get married.
    Leanne is unfailingly calm, pleasant and professional.
    We enjoyed our wedding day and much if the credit for that goes to Leanne.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Tommy · Married on 10/01/2016

Soleil Events is absolute best decision we made for our Santa Barbara wedding! Leanne is absolutely AMAZING. I can't say enough. Everything turned out absolutely perfect. Leanne is so professional, personable, and fun to work with. Every detail was attended to. Best money spent! Thank you Leanne and Soleil Events.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Hillary · Married on 10/04/2015

There may not be a way to do justice to Leanne's amazing work in words. She helped make my wedding planning process, and actual wedding day, the best of my life. Her incredible balance of remaining calm and in control while also extremely organized and on top of every detail had me in awe. She was a huge help to me in every detail of the planning process, always available via email or phone call even if we did not have a set meeting. On the day of our (supposed-to-be-outdoor) wedding, it rained and we had to completely change our plans. Leanne rolled with every punch and gave me my dream wedding (inside instead of outside) without ever allowing the change in plans to ruin any part of the day. She has a true gift for what she does, and is also very well connected within the industry which made everything so seamless with the other vendors, our venue, etc. I would highly recommend Leanne and Soleil Events to anyone planning a wedding, you will be so happy you made the decision.

Sent on 11/25/2015

elaine · Married on 09/19/2015

On Saturday, September 19 my son and now his wife got married at Sunstone Winery. It could not have been more perfect. The best part is I was truly a part of every second. That is because Leanne Elliot is hands down everything you could ever want in a wedding coordinator. I am a micro manager, I never trust letting go because I don't have faith in anyone doing it right. Leanne proved me wrong. She is always calm and takes care of everything. My son, his wife and I worked really well with Leanne. She always new what our vision was and how to make it happen. She is the ONE. No need to look anywhere else!
    And she is also a really nice person.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Grace · Married on 09/19/2015

Leanne was fantastic! We could have not done it without her. All the reviews you read about her are true and will exceed your expectations.
    I think one of the most important things in a wedding is the wedding coordinator ans we stroke gold with Leanne! . Knowing that Leanne had everything under control, we were able to enjoy the moment and really have a blast with our friends and family.
    Thank you Leanne!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Trevor · Married on 09/19/2015

When you begin planning for a wedding, you soon come to realize, you'll need to clone yourself in order to successfully throw a fantastic event. Leanne Elliott, made this possible!!! We couldn't have done it without her and I can't say enough positive things about Leanne. She truly went above and beyond, turning what could of been a stressful couple of months into a relaxing, exciting, joyous and unforgettable countdown. From the time we met Leanne to well after our Wedding came to an end, Leanne was there every step of the way, taking hold of the reins, making certain we were properly taken care of. Honestly, I now know how important a good wedding planner is, and Leanne wasn't good, she was perfect!! I highly recommend Leanne and so happy she was a part of what turned out to be a perfectly magical evening.

Sent on 10/22/2015

If there is one thing I can do over at my wedding it would have been hiring Leanne from the beginning. She is AMAZING. We got married at Firestone Vineyards in August 2015. I was the first of my friends to get married and had no idea how any of this worked, including hiring a coordinator. I thought, oh it's not a big deal I can create the timeline and a friend just has to follow directions and make it happen. WRONG. There is so much that goes into the day and having someone like Leanne on your team is absolutely needed. She was always available, on top of her responses and made sure to let me know when she would be offline for a period of time. I am very much a planner and on top of my stuff, so I was worried about finding someone that could be on that level. But Leanne was way above. She knew our site incredibly well, knew what to ask, what details I might have forgot and was always calm. Exactly what I needed. She also gave us great advice whenever we needed it. For example, with gratuity, we had no idea who we were supposed to tip or how much, but Leanne laid everything out for us in an email and made sure to let us know that everything was our decision. She also went well above her coordinating duties and dropped things off beforehand and called in favors for us as well. Leanne is a true gem and I would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone. Hire her from the get go. She is worth it. Thank you so much, Leanne!!!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Hire Leanne. Right now. Honestly, the reviews don't lie. Leanne is basically everything you could hope for in a wedding coordinator – dependable, organized, flexible, collaborative, always on the ball and always relaxed. Working with Leanne, you forget that planning a wedding is supposed to be stressful because from the moment you meet her, you're confident you're in good hands. Even more importantly, Leanne cares. She was practically as invested in our wedding as we were - happily trading emails about the smallest details, determined to deliver the exact wedding we wanted. Along the way, she was always there to offer her expert advice and steer us in the right direction, all the while respecting our choices and taste. Leading up to the big day, she helped us assemble a dream team of vendors and then coordinated with them all to make sure everything was executed according to plan. Forget the horror stories you hear about chaos inevitably reigning on your wedding day. With Leanne in charge, you get to sit back and focus on what really matters: getting married. There’s really no overstating the tremendous value she brings to the whole experience. For a very competitive price, you get a seasoned pro with years of experience, who happens to be the kind of fun, grounded person you’ll miss and want to grab beers with when the whole adventure’s over.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/06/2015

If I had to use two words to describe my experience with Soleil Events it would be ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. Leanne gave me the wedding of my dreams. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Absolutely nothing went wrong. My bridesmaids kept asking why there were no chores for them to do. My wedding looked like it was straight out of a bridal magazine. All of my guests complimented me on how amazing our day was. And ALL OF THIS is because of Leanne.

If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, trust me, make the plunge. You won't regret it. I know that weddings are expensive and I honestly had a pretty tight budget, so it was hard for me to bite the bullet and bring on a full-service planner. However, Leanne is worth every single penny, and I can't imagine doing my wedding day without her. In fact, without Leanne, all of the other things that I spent tons of money of would have probably fallen apart! Leanne is the glue that holds everything together.

It wasn't just the wedding day that was perfect, though. Leanne made every day leading up to the wedding seamless as well. She kept me stress-free and helped me balance important decisions and my budget. She also gave me her honest opinion when I was doing something that was a mistake, which was so incredibly helpful. For example, I tried to pinch pennies on my shuttles to save $100 and she talked me out of it. If she didn't, I wouldn't have had enough transpo for my guests at the end of the night!

I could go on & on for days about how great Leanne is, but hopefully by now you've booked her so you can experience it for yourself!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Lily · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband & I hired Leanne of Soleil Events right after booking our venue at the Santa Barbara Woman's Club. I searched high & low for a coordinator that (a) we could afford in SB, (b) had experience & (c) could help us with vendor recommendations that met our budget - Soleil Events fit the bill. We had a budget, which we met within 10% after the wedding was said & done thanks to Leanne's excellent recommendations. Leanne only recommended things that were in our budget & smartly told us where it would be best to spend a little more to get good quality.

I interviewed several coordinators & Leanne stood out because she has a very calm & confident personality. She knows what she's doing & calmly proceeds to execute. She & I mostly communicated via email through the planning process & met in person only twice before the wedding since I lived out of town.

We took 90% of Leanne's vendor recommendations & we were happy with the overall results of the wedding. She recommended vendors that I would not have found on my own & told me what to expect as far as pricing & services.

At our rehearsal, Leanne did an excellent job working with our family & friends. English is a second language for my parents, and even they communicated well with her & commented to me on how lovely she was to work with.

In the end, Soleil Events was a great value & I would wholeheartedly recommend her to a bride who is getting married in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez. Best of luck!

Sent on 11/19/2014
  • SB

Sara Beth · Married on 09/06/2014

Hiring Soleil Events was an easy decision. I interviewed a number of planners, and I immediately liked and clicked with Leanne Elliott. Her rates were reasonable in the local market, and we hired her immediately.

We live five hours away from our wedding venue, so her Finishing Touches + Plus package was perfect for us. She provided us with a list of local vendors within our budget that we could interview and hire on our own. It was incredibly helpful having her input and recommendations during such a busy time.

Leanne was the perfect person to talk to when I needed advice, encouragement, or a sanity-check. She had excellent suggestions and was always quick to find solutions to any challenges. Most of all, she was friendly, calming, and professional all the way through.

Our wedding day was spectacular. One hundred things went "wrong" as they will at any event, but it was still absolutely perfect. Leanne was incredible - she took care of anything and everything that needed attention and even resolved an icky situation with a vendor in the middle of the wedding at my request. She was exactly who you'd want on your side putting out fires and handling every little detail. She was fantastic!

I highly recommend hiring Soleil Events for your wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Katherine · Married on 06/14/2014

We would happily work with Soleil Events again! Leanne was not only delightful to work with but professional on every level. She streamlined the process of planning a wedding and made the wedding day a joy. We selected many of the vendors she recommended and were particularly delighted with the photographer and florist (Michael and Anna Costa Photography and Anna Le Pley Taylor Flowers). Leanne communicated clearly by keeping us up to date on details with both phone calls and emails. She managed the details of the wedding by supplying us with participant information and detailed run sheets. Her planning in advance of the wedding as well as her hands on involvement the day of the wedding were outstanding! All this to say, Leanne was more helpful than we could've ever imaged and we are so grateful for all she did to make our wedding day as stress free and wonderful as we could've ever hoped!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Meg · Married on 05/31/2014

Leanne was an exceptional wedding professional to have on our special day! From planning to execution, I knew I could trust her skills and experience to handle our complicated wedding day with professional event production, coordination and design with various elements of the venue. During the planning process, her experience coordinating and designing events at Lincourt Vineyards made her an asset to know what we needed ahead of time and how to make our evening run smoothly. She organized our vendors so we weren't worrying about deliveries or paying deposits and helped our florist set up flowers with a wonderful assistant. Miraculously, she made sure our boxes and boxes of decor went up flawlessly around the venue with detail and care for our valuables. She was professional, flexible and organized with coordinating our wedding party of 16 during our rehearsal!! There were little touches that she added day-of that surprised and delighted us, from showing us how to perfectly cut our wedding cake, to making sure our event ending and newlywed exit was both beautiful and fun with bubbles at night! I am very impressed with Leanne's organization. attitude and expert event coordination and would recommend her to any wedding couple in the Santa Ynez Valley region.

Sent on 02/03/2015