Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

23 Reviews for Snipes Farm Retreat

Furniture (1)
Chairs (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
23 Snipes Farm Retreat Reviews

Using Snipes Farm Retreat as our wedding venue was an AWESOME decision. The property is beautiful and the barn has so much natural beauty that we didn't need to do much "decorating" (very helpful for a low key bride). Mr. Snipes was always accessible (especially by text message) if I had random questions, and he made sure the space was clean and the right temperature for our March wedding in fickle weather. We ended up getting married inside, but the giant tree is also the perfect outdoor spot if you end up with a pretty day! Finally, this space is a great deal for the area. No regrets!

Profile Picture Maggie, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Outside Alcohol, Parking

Roger Snipes is an great man who loves to be able to participate in your big day. Almost nothing is out of the question and he is open to all ideas. This venue is for the DIY bride though, it needs your special touch to make it the venue of your dreams. It was a great place for my husband and I to get married and it is very budget friendly!

Profile Picture kellie , 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Tables, Liability Insurance

Snipes Farm was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! Being able to have the venue for 3 days makes planning pre-wedding events and post-wedding clean up a breeze. We had the farm for the evening before the wedding (perfect for a rehearsal or an evening of lawn games where family members can mingle in a more personal setting), the day of the wedding, and till 12pm the day following the wedding. This makes decorating so special as you can take your time setting up without being rushed on the day of the wedding.

The pre-decorated space (lights and lanterns) makes your job easy as all that you are left to consider are tables capes (we opted to purchase white tablecloths and have flowers from Whole Foods in a series of recycled glass jars) and any personable touches (signs, escort cards, guest book options, etc.). There are already 12 circular tables (comfortable seating for 8-9 people per table, even thought they are typically marketed as being able to seat 10) and several rectangular tables at the venue. This means that you only have to rent seats for your event. White seats look crisp against the wood background of the barn walls, and renting the chairs will likely be less than $200 as the venue only holds 120 people, maximum.

Food for thought: You should PLAN to come to the venue the day before your event to clean. I came with my parents and my husband's parents with Clorox wipes, brooms, extra toilet paper (just in case!), paper towels, and trash bags. Spiders nest in the barn over winter, and our May wedding was early enough in the wedding season that no one had really cleaned the main wedding space before we arrived. This wasn't an extremely taxing job, but it was something that needed to be taken into account when we were planning our wedding weekend itinerary.

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Lighting/Sound, Bridal Suite, Parking, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Alcohol

Positives: Roger is the man! We have seen the venue at least a half dozen times and he was extremely open to us coming out each and every time. He answered all of our questions, gave great suggestions for vendors and set up, as well as took a very hands-off approach in the way that we wanted to handle everything. Him and his wife will direct parking the day of the wedding and we handle the rest. He stated that as long as we left the place the way we found it then we could tear down or put up whatever decorations we wanted. We could put tent posts in the ground, make a mess, and hammer, staple, and tack all decorations. There are already decorations there and the lights are a beautiful bonus to the venue. I would recommend this venue to everyone who wants a rustic DIY wedding experience.

Cons: This is a very DIY venue, therefore those who want the venue to handle the event from start to finish will not find that here. You will be relying on your vendors and wedding coordinator to handle all of the decorating, set up, and tear down. My fiance' and I wanted to have our hands on every aspect of our wedding, however, and found that this was the biggest selling point of the venue.

Profile Picture User5429868, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Bridal Suite, Outside Alcohol, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking

Snipe's Farm and Mr. Snipes are truly amazing and one of a kind!!!
The character of the barn and the farm is incredible! I loved everything from the barn doors to the huge oak tree we got married under. This place is a photographer's dream and our wedding photos proved it!
I loved that our rental was for the entire weekend. It made the entire experience so much more relaxed. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner there too and could set up for the wedding before and afterwards making my wedding day very manageable with little to finish up and we could come back on Sunday to pack everything up.
Mr Snipes is very, very easy to work with and the nicest man in the world! He just wants everyone to have a good time and even said we could come back to visit and reminisce any time we wanted to! =)
I can not say enough good things about this venue or the owner! I'm so glad we had our wedding here!
(absolutely love the closet of stashed wedding decorations people have left behind that he saves for other brides to use. It saved us when the day of the wedding I found out my milk can centerpieces didn't hold water! There happened to be 12 tall glasses that fit perfectly inside them so I was able to keep my flowers in water!
Our entire experience was amazing and I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Outside Alcohol, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Roger Snipes is a gem and Snipes Farm Retreat was the wedding venue of my daughter's dreams. We had the ceremony under the huge oak tree decorated with beautiful petal streamers. The cocktail hour was under the tuscan patio and w used the entire venue. Put couch covers on the couches and your guests will never leave the back area. I visited the site multiple times to take measurements and bring people through. Mr. Snipes was always helpful. If you have a wedding in the summer, just rent extra fans and you will be happy you did. I have nothing but good things to say about Snipes Farm Retreat!

Profile Picture Sheri, 7/11/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Venue was pre-decorated with lots of lights and paper lanterns. We were allowed to change things as long as we left if just the way we found it. It was absolutely gorgeous!! We had our rehearsal dinner at the big outdoor covered picnic tables, Our ceremony under the big oak tree outside and, our reception in the main barn. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone! I couldn't have found a better venue!

Profile Picture Lizzie, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mr. Snipes is an absolute gem. He was so easy to work with and could not have been more accommodating. Our day was so special and memorable. Highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a great venue. First of all the oak tree that ceremonies are typically held under is absolutely beautiful. The barn is rustic but really transforms in the evening with the twinkling lights. When you book the venue, you get it for the entire weekend which makes decorating and planning a lot easier. The owner is very flexible to your needs and cost is incredibly reasonable.

Profile Picture User3762120, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Good price. Beautiful venue. Heated inside. Plenty of parking.

Profile Picture User3786308, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a magical place to have a wedding! We loved having our daughter’s Oct wedding at Snipe’s Farm Retreat. The owners Rodger and his wife Judy are so warm and welcoming. You will feel like you’ve known them forever after meeting them once. Snipe’s has such a unique atmosphere that is hard to find in other local venues that can accommodate a +100 person event. It needs very little in the way of decorating as they have it very well lit up with tiny white lights and winding grape vines that come to life at night. You have the ability to set things up the way you want to but Rodger will give you pointers on what works best for your size event. The outside area is just gorgeous with the old oak tree and pond and rolling meadow views from the outside deck. Such a beautiful setting they have created.
The bonus is they let you have the venue for almost the entire weekend, we held the rehearsal dinner and wedding right there and you can bring in the vendors of your choosing.
If you want your wedding or event to be something you and your guests will remember for years to come we highly recommend using Snipe Farm Retreat!

Profile Picture User3534544, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snipes Farm is AMAZING. It is an old dairy farm that has been converted into a venue. It is very casual and definitely feels like a farm. It is not fancy but has an incredible charm. We really enjoyed having the different spaces (the covered porch with long picnic tables, the main barn space, the front porch, and the back room with the booth tables). Mr. Snipes is extremely kind, flexible, and very easy to work with. He allows you almost complete free reign to re-make the space as you want. We came out MANY times before the wedding and he was always very gracious and accommodating. It is also an INCREDIBLE deal... it was, by far, the least expensive venue that we looked at and you get so much more for your money. I couldn't say enough nice things about Mr. Snipes and Snipes Farm.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snipes is a beautiful, unusual venue and we were very happy with it. Roger Snipes and his wife Judy are wonderful. A big part of the appeal was the fact that you get it Friday through Sunday and all of the lighting and lanterns are already there, so we just had to bring in minor decor. One word of caution is that it's a very DIY kind of place in that there's very little guidance from Roger, so we found ourselves doing more work than if we had gone with a more all-inclusive venue. I would recommend selecting a caterer who's intimately familiar with the place (we did not and it was way more work for us). Snipes has many wonderful spots for photographs. Our guests were all thrilled with the venue and I think it really left an impression on them. I recommend it!

Profile Picture User3261749, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most Charming Venue. Mr. Snipes was incredibly easy and flexible to work with. We got married under the large tree and had our reception in the Barn. It was so beautiful. Snipes Farm is reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snipes Farm Retreat was the best venue ever for a wedding!! We were able to have the place for the whole weekend which saved us a lot of money on set up and clean up! Roger was so easy to work with! He let me come by throughout the year to take measurements or pictures or meet with vendors. He lets you change the venue and decorate how ever I wanted! All my guests said it was the most fun and beautiful wedding they have been to!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/6/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger Snipes' generosity was the foundation of the wedding. He was so very warm and kind, giving us free rein to prepare for the wedding. Having a full weekend to work made it much less stressful. I'm so thankful we picked this venue. It is rustic and old but by the time we finished decorating, it was rustic, old, and very beautiful. If it had rained, we could have been inside, but fortunately it was a beautiful day so the wedding was outside and the reception inside. All those twinkly lights inside, the layout, the beautiful tree outside made it a wonderful place for a wedding. Did we have fun!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Snipes Farm was one of the best decisions my partner and I made. My. Roger (the owner) was so incredibly pleasant and easy to work with. The venue was beautiful, perfectly sized, photographed well, and let us truly create the feel that we wanted for out wedding. We were able to:

- Borrow Mr. Roger's amplifier and connect our iPod, thus making all our music during dinner and the the dance party absolutely FREE! P.S. The sound was definitely clear and loud - no complaints whatsoever. He also loaned us a microphone for announcements and speeches.

- Decorate however we wanted. We were allowed to use candles, allowed to nail things to the walls and ceilings, allowed to hang a pinata outside, etc. As long as we "left it how we found it," we could do just about anything.

- We got to relase Chinese lanterns! We had our hearts set on these gorgeous, miniature hot air balloons, and Mr. Roger happily consented. He said we were far enough out in the country that they wouldn't bother anyone. It was one of the highlights of the evening.

- We had 60 people at our wedding and the space was perfectly sized. It felt comfortable yet cozy and there was plenty of room for eating, dancing, and setting up a bar.

- There was no list of "approved" vendors. We were able to hire the caterers, bartenders, furniture rental company, etc. of our choice.

- Mr. Roger also let us visit his venue three times before the wedding and twice afterward (for follow-up couples photos). He was always gracious, kind, and charming. I should also mention that the rental itself include Friday through Sunday, giving us ample time to set up and clearn up - no stress!

All in all, I don't have a single bad thing to say about the venue or the owner. We were able to do everything we wanted, our guests were very happy and impressed with the celebration, and the whole process was pleasant.

Get married at Snipes Farm!!

Profile Picture User2782049, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Me and my husband knew we wanted to have our wedding ceremony outdoors in a rustic setting and Snipes Farm fit the bill. We chose this venue over others since the price was good and there was more space to work with than other places we had looked at. Roger Snipes and his lovely wife were friendly and give you plenty of freedom to do what you want with the venue. I agree with the reviewer below- much of the appeal of the venue is being able to get married under the big tree that is outside. The inside of the barn is pretty much a blank slate, so the end product is dependent on who you hire for rentals & flowers.

Profile Picture User1341552, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snipes Farm is a beautiful place and was a really fun place to have our wedding. Granted the weather was perfect - if you can't utilize the outside you've definately lost something in the venue. We loved it because you can leave it as is (it omes with tables and chairs and an awesome pinic table) or you completely reinvent it. There are too many things to list which makes Snipes a cool place to get married and have an incredible party!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all, Roger Snipes is the nicest man on the planet. He is the owner and venue director at Snipes Farm Retreat and from the second we met him and toured the venue, we knew it was for us. In fact, it was the only venue we visited!

My now-husband and I live and work in Manhattan so our lives are full of traffic, cramped spaces, and short time limits. Snipes Farm is the exact opposite of all this! The space is sprawling, the fields quiet and rolling, and the time endless--you book the venue for the weekend and you get it FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND! It was a dream come true!

The theme and tone of our wedding was very simple and relaxed. We didn't want it overly formal and decorated, just comfortable and cozy. Snipes Farm is just that! It is a canvas that you can use however you want. Roger Snipes gives wonderful suggestions of how people have decorated or used things in the past, but ultimately leaves it up to you. It was so perfect for us, I can't imagine doing it otherwise!

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Many of my guests complimented the wedding site and reception. It's definitely off the beaten path but it was perfect for our casually elegant farm style wedding. We loved that Roger Snipes allowed us to pick any vendors we wanted! The site has plenty of tables for the reception so you don't have to rent any. We had our ceremony under the big oak tree. Simply beautiful.

Profile Picture Kristi, 6/11/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue for a wedding and Mr. Snipes, the owner is great. He told us where to put the chairs in order to get the best shade. There are different types of spaces that you can use for the reception. We had a BBQ the day before and used the covered back porch area. On the wedding night, we had the reception inside. Everyone talked about how beautiful the venue was.
The only thing that could improve is the accessibility for older guests or folks with mobility issues. One of our guests, I found out later, had real problems getting around inside - there are a lot of small stairs in the interior reception venue and for some that was a problem.

Profile Picture User1048370, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Snipes Farm Retreat was the ideal location for our wedding weekend. Roger Snipes was incredibly responsive and helpful yet unobtrusive in the planning stages and the wedding weekend. He has a good relationship with many of the area's vendors.

We held the wedding rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception at Snipes, which made our wedding less expensive and logistically convenient for us planning the wedding...and our guests! Located 15 minutes from downtown Chapel Hill, yet feels far away. We had the outdoor ceremony by the tall oak tree. The barn at Snipes has a great indoor space, uncovered deck in front, covered patio in the back, and a decent sized space for dancing. Included in the site rental:
- almost the entire weekend (all day Fri - Sun noon)
- some decoration. As is, the indoor barn area was filled with twinkle lights and paper lanterns. The only additional decor we added were flowers and votive candles. But decorate or undecorate as you wish!
- tables & chairs (we saved on renting banquet and round tables because Mr. Snipes already has them on-site)
- get ready area
A lovely location and the price could NOT be beat.

Profile Picture User968179, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews