Smythwick Castle & Lodge Reviews

11 | Marble Falls, TX

11 Reviews for Smythwick Castle & Lodge

11 Smythwick Castle & Lodge Reviews

Ronda · Married on 09/02/2017

So, we wanted a very simple, worry-free, small wedding. WE GOT IT. Laura, was amazing. She make all of the decisions, and all of the arrangements, as we asked. The Castle was as advertised, and even more beautiful in person. The cost was low, for everything she provided.....flowers, wedding officiant, photographer, catering, the grounds, and even a couple of nights stay, all in one package. It was definitely stress-free.

Smythwick Castle & Lodge 1

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

From the moment we found the venue online we knew we wanted to get married there. We both wanted an intimate, old world setting for our wedding and after viewing the pictures online and visiting the castle, we knew Smythwick was the venue for us.

Laura was helpful throughout our wedding planning process. She helped us figure out our menu that had dishes we could eat (we’re vegan) but would also be familiar and delicious for the most hungry guests. The food was delicious, and even the non-vegans were impressed! Nobody missed that there wasn’t meat for dinner!

The venue is beautiful. Everything looked exactly like it was out of a fairy tale. Laura had some additions to the property before the wedding which made it that much more fantastic and gorgeous such as the castle gate, a stone walkway leading to the gazebo, and beautiful artwork painted on the gazebo.

We love the pictures we got back from the lake that is right next to the property. Laura gave us a tip to take pictures at sunset there, and they came out beautifully. She worked with us on our budget and making sure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The only downside to the venue is that the ballroom has no air conditioning. Once we all started dancing in the ballroom area, even with the doors open and fans going, it was hot. It was late September, so we figured it would be cooler weather, but that’s so unpredictable in Texas. They should upgrade and get the ballroom air conditioned. Even though it was hot, we still danced the night away and had a great time.

We highly recommend the Smythwick Castle for anyone who is looking for an intimate, old world, “Princess Bride” atmosphere to their wedding. I was marrying my prince charming, and the Smythwick Castle was the perfect place for our fairy tale wedding to come true.

Alex · Married on 07/10/2016

My husband and I planned a Texas July summer wedding, and we found this amazing vendor! Laura was very accommodating throughout the entire planning process and the day of. When I first contacted Laura and she told me her prices, I had to tell her that was out of my price range and I would have to keep looking. She asked what my budget was and then worked very hard to figure out a way to make it work for both of us. We ended up serving appetizers instead of a full meal and it was lovely. She was also extremely willing to answer any questions we had about anything at any point throughout the planning process.

The day of our wedding was beautiful! Laura had taken the time to set flowers that matched my bouquet and my cake in little vases along the aisle. She made our wedding cake and did an AMAZING job! I still think about how wonderful it tasted! When my husband and I sat down for the toasts she made sure that both of us had food and drinks on the table and were able to eat something, without being taken away from our guests!

Also all of her food is amazing! All of my family and friends loved it, and they were satisfied even with only having appetizers!

Now the venue, it is beautiful! My husband and I loved the idea of getting married outside in an intimate setting. This was a dream come true! WE loved the feel of the castle, as well as having the ability to be away from the city. There also is a small creek that sits on the property that is beautiful for pictures. I will tell you, if you are not comfortable having an all outdoor wedding this place is not for you, because everything, EVERYTHING is outside. Even the reception area/ ball room opens up outdoors. However my husband and I loved it, and for the most part we stayed reasonable cool with all of the shade. WE especially loved that there was space for our little guests to run around and have fun during our reception. I would highly recommend this place!

jennifer · Married on 07/27/2014

At a great time laura made the day easy and fun at the smythwick castle I would book the castle agian it was also great place for photos

jennifer · Married on 07/27/2014

Loved having my wedding here it was beautiful and we all had a great time

Tracey · Married on 11/09/2013

My friends and I held an overnight couples retreat at Smithwick Castle and lodge that included catering for dinner and breakfast.

The event was great! We loved the Moroccan menu, the food was fantastic. The outdoor table was very pretty with white lights and fresh flowers. My whole party was very impressed with dinner under the stars. I really enjoyed working with Laura and everything went great!

The accommodations were very nice. 5 bedrooms all well decorated and very clean. Made the event perfect that we could enjoy dinner and the party and not worry about driving back to a hotel.

Thanks for a wonderful, fun night!

Christa · event on: 03/21/2014

I recently got a group of 10 ladies together for a "girls" weekend at Smythwick Castle & Lodge. We stayed 2 nights and had a wonderful time! The owner, Laura Eliel, was so helpful and full of suggestions. She had a cheese, fruit and cracker tray waiting for us when we arrived, showed us around the property and introduced us to the gorgeous peacocks that are on site, as well as two newborn baby goats and roosters! The breakfast she served us was so delicious, eggs, French Toast made with homemade Challah bread, fresh fruit, honey, yogurt, orange juice, Keurig coffee. Just wish the weather had cooperated so we could have had it outside in the patio area. There is a wonderful hot tub, and we also roasted marshmallows around the fire pit, made s'mores! YUMMMM
    They offer wine tasting at the castle, but we went to the winery since the winery was so busy that weekend they could not send anyone out. Gorgeous site for weddings. They also offer massages, gourmet meals and cooking classes! In the evenings we sat in the patio area under all the pretty lights by the fountain and relaxed, told stories and laughed. It was a great weekend! We had access to half of the commercial refrigerator and full use of the kitchen. Laura was always just a phone call away if we had any questions. The rooms were wonderful. We shared the two showers and tub (Laura told us she is planning to add more showers and larger water heater). If you like a room that is on the rustic, yet chique side, you should definitely stay in the SILO room (AKA Grooms Quarters)! Yes, it's actually a SILO converted into a room!!! Bathrooms in separate building just a few steps away.
    Again, we had a truly enjoyable, relaxing weekend that passed much too quickly! I would highly recommend Smythwick Castle & Lodge! This is a beautiful location for a wedding! Laura Eliel went above and beyond to ensure that we were all happy and comfortable.

Debbie · event on: 04/10/2016

I attended a family reunion at Smythwick Castle & Lodge the weekend of April 10. WOW, was I impressed! The accommodations were beautiful and the bed was super comfortable. The castle is amazing and the grounds were overflowing with wildflowers. There are plenty of peacocks, chickens and goats around the property and it's so fun to watch them. The whole family took a walk around the property and down the creek to a waterfall and the pond. Everywhere you look, it's just beautiful! We sat around a fire one night and roasted marshmallows and reminisced...the perfect setting for more family memories! Laura did an outstanding job with the food...it couldn't have been better! I highly recommend this property for a wedding or any family event or special occasion. We look forward to going back soon!!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/21/2013

Pretty place for a wedding, would recommend to anyone getting married.

Beata · Married on 11/19/2016

3.5

Our wedding was in mid November 2016. When we met Laura we were so excited to have our wedding at Smythwick Castle.She is all about what you want , she is very kind and so nice to work with. This property is absolutely stunning for a beautiful unique ceremony and fantastic pictures, we are so happy with our photos. There is a gorgeous creek runs on her property surrounded with rocks , perfect for pictures . She also has peacocks walking around when she let's them out.. truly amazing ... supposed to bring you luck. Our plan was an outside ceremony and outside reception, but the weather did not like us that day , so we had to set up the dinner inside of a fantastic ballroom. It was 47 degrees by 6pm. Everything worked out great, we wanted to thank Laura for being so nice and helpful to all of our guests. Keep up the good work , we did noticed that you do work so hard . Oh , i would like to mention that this venue has 4 bedrooms to use and they are super sweet, decorated amazing and very clean !!! Cake was excellent, so as for the flowers were not as expected, but it was all good after all. Way to go Smythwick Castle & Lodge.

Thanks Again ! Chad & Beata Van Rossen

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/21/2013

Very pretty place for a wedding. Can't wait til I get my pictures from my photographer. :)