Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination Reviews

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 3
Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 4
Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 5

Tiffany · Married on 03/31/2012

Jackie was absolutely amazing to work with. She did a great job at keeping everyone informed, from all of our vendors to my energetic wedding party, everyone always knew what to do and when to do it. I really appreciated that she respected my controlling personality, and made feel comfortable enough to turn it over into her hands. She answered every silly little question I had and never made me feel like I was losing it. She organized everyone and made the event flow smoothly. Having someone like Jackie, to handle all of the things behind the scenes, made my wedding the best experience and very enjoyable. To this day we are still getting wedding guest telling us how amazing Jackie and her assistant were. Jackie truly cares about making sure your special day turns into the day you have always dreamed of!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Morgan · Married on 09/24/2011

Jackie was amazing! She truely made every little detail in my scatter brained mind come together. We booked her last minute, less than a month before the wedding, and it was like she was with us from the beginning. I thought I could handle it myself and didnt want to spend the money on the coordinator, but when I lost it last minute I knew I needed someone to keep it together so that I could enjoy my time.

You name it, Jackie has thought of it and had it. From a day of survival kit, to gift card box, to snacks and encouragement she thinks of every detail. When my hairdresser backed out two weeks before the wedding she was waiting with referrels. When I ended up in the hospital a week before she worked with me and for me and let me rest. She managed both of my crazy families and even helped get the little kids where they needed to be and where they didn't. Jackie was the best about making sure she met my opinions, yet made everyone else feel that their input was valued. She kept control and was very sweet and personable....and patient!

She really made our day come together in everyway and helped make our wedding perfect. I would recommend her to anyone for any type of wedding. She is truely professional, but so considerate. I loved my entire experience with her and give her an A++! Book Jackie, its the best decision you will make for your wedding. :)

Sent on 11/23/2011

Mandy · Married on 08/13/2011

Jackie is AMAZING! I was two weeks away from my wedding day when my day-of-coordinator (family friend) backed out. I found Jackie on wedding wire and emailed her right away. She was very responsive, emailing and texting me with questions and pricing. She swooped right in and had everything organized according to what I needed. This was nice since I am an “A-type” personality and like to be in control of everything. She made the transition of information easy in order to make sure I felt comfortable with her being our day-of-coordinator. She met with my fiancé and I to ask questions and contacted my vendors right away to introduce herself. I loved working with her and having her on my wedding team. She went above and beyond throughout the two weeks leading up to our wedding as well as during the rehearsal and wedding day. Her assistant was fantastic too! What an awesome duo and a great value. I really appreciate Jackie for making the travel to Atlanta to be our day of coordinator. Thank you for making our day so outstanding and making sure we stayed on-time the entire day.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Jacinta · Married on 09/04/2010

Jackie, did a great job as a wedding planner for my daughter's wedding. She was always responsive and willing to help even at the last minute. She is an effective communicator and always at ease in conversations.

Sent on 09/09/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/04/2010

Jackie was our day-of-director and made me feel completely at ease with the process. She created timelines, contacted members of our wedding party and vendors, and reminded me of little things that I otherwise wouldn't have thought of. She was quick to respond to emails, and flexible with being able to meet in person. I did not want to pay for the cost of a wedding planner, but the value that Jackie as a DOD provided for the low cost was too good to pass up. I am very glad that Jackie was our DOD - she helped our wedding go off without a hitch, and as a bonus is a lovely person to work with!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2010

Through out my whole wedding experience my mother and I kept saying, "Thank God for Jackie!" Jackie was very helpful and always 1 step ahead. She was available whenever you needed anything and was always willing to help. I HIGHLY recommend Jackie to any bride!!!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! It was a great pleasure in being with you and Ryan on one of the most important days of your lives! Best Wishes in your new journey together!

Michele · Married on 05/15/2010

Jackie is an absolute dream! She made every part of planning our wedding easy. Her responsiveness was quite impressive; most ideas/thoughts/concerns would pop into my head later in the evening yet she always replied to my emails that same night. Needless to say our wedding day was stress-free, seamless and completely enjoyable! She was able to keep me calm while keeping everyone else in the know of where to be and when. Jackie Raez is a godsend!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Lori · Married on 07/26/2009

Jackie is incredibly awesome! High energy, fast thinker, terrific planner...extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of the wedding...there are so many details yet she has a talent for keeping everyone calm, focused and practical in the process. Jackie manages her time wisely and gets down to brass tacks without losing focus. Her memory for what the bride and groom specifically want is beyond belief!

Sent on 02/24/2010

Joe · Married on 05/12/2018

We could not have made our wedding day as special as it was without Jackie! Flawless in every way and was one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Jackie played a vital role in organizing our wedding day, starting from months ahead of the wedding until the wedding day, Jackie planned the wedding in such a professional way and with full devotion to her work. Thus, our wedding day went by so smoothly, thanks to Jackie. I recommend her highly to anyone who wants to have wonderful, entertaining and memorable wedding day!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Emily · Married on 04/23/2016

Jackie was great. She gave me some great documents to make sure we were covering every aspect of the wedding night. She wrote out a detailed agenda for the night which let me enjoy the night know that she had a plan. She and her assistant did an AMAZING job decorating the inside. I provided decorations and they made it beautiful. Jackie also brought some decorations of her own that really helped make the place look amazing. I would definitely recommend her in order for any Bride to be able to enjoy the night.

Sent on 05/19/2016

lily · Married on 05/16/2015

Jackie Raez was very organized wedding coordinator.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Patricia · Married on 10/27/2016

Jackie is very lovely and eager to help. I would have given a 5 star for value if I had let go and given her more to do! So I guess that was a fault of mine and not hers!! She was very helpful with keeping me on track and making sure I got my tasks accomplished. My wedding ran very smoothly and I heard nothing but great things about how the evening went!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

Jackie at Smoothe-tie-the-knots was incredibly supportive in the months leading up to our wedding. She was always available to answer questions - and I had a lot of them! She was also incredibly resourceful and saved us a lot of money by turning us on to inexpensive resources (eg linens, ceremony/reception extras) and letting us borrow or rent some of her own. She also educated us on a lot of aspects of the wedding planning process and kept us on point with our time line in getting things done months leading up to the wedding. Her patient and loving demeanor was just what we needed to remain calm and pushing forward. She was the support and accountability we needed. The week of was quite hectic and we would recommend starting your day-of-timeline and layout way ahead of time so important details don't get overlooked.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Emily · Married on 03/26/2011

Very helpful ceremony planner!

Sent on 04/03/2011

Sheila · Married on 08/28/2010

I think Jacki was great to work with! My wedding party and I felt very comfortable working with her. Jacki's very nice and friendly personality made working with her a good experience.Thanks for making German and my special day a wonderful experience.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Carla · Married on 03/19/2016

For my wedding, I had an idea of what I wanted. Jackie offered some ideas that were great! Since I was able to get most of the decor on my own, I let Jackie know how I wanted everything to look. Jackie and her team took my ideas and made my wedding day more than I could have ever hoped for. She offered recommendations for my photographer, the DJ, the florist and all of them were top notch.
    If you are someone who can do a lot of the details yourself (decor ideas, contracting the vendors, etc.) and you are fairly organized, someone like Jackie will keep you on track to make sure that everything is done. Most of the heavy lifting on the wedding day was done by Jackie, her team and Carolyn (my catering manager) with Chateau Elan, so the stress was taken off my shoulders so I could relax and enjoy the whole day without worrying about the details.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Joanna · Married on 05/29/2011

Jackie was such a great person to have on my team the day of my wedding! She makes timelines and has everyone in order so that everything runs smoothly. She also reminded me of many things I would have forgotten without her around. She is very quick to respond to emails and is always available. She is definately worth the cost and much more!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Sierra · Married on 05/29/2010

Having a Day of Director was well worth the money! The stress of the big day was completed taken way because she handled all the small things we don't think about until it's too late. She was met with us whenever we needed to go over things, answered emails and questions quickly, was extremely helpful and proffessional throughout the whole process! I would highly reccommend a Day of Director to even the most organized Brides!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you Sierra and Andy! It was a lot of fun being there for your wedding and ensuring that both you and Andy did not have to worry about any of those details that suddenly pop up! You deserve to enjoy and relax on your wedding day! Good luck to both of you in your new stage of lives! Love to hear from you sometime too! Sincerely, Jackie

Robin · Married on 08/03/2013

Jackie Raez is amazing! She goes above and beyond the call of duty. From our first meeting we could tell that Jackie is passionate about her job. Her attention to details and dedication starts from the day you sign up with her until the lights go out the day of your wedding. My daughter and I are so pleased to have her work with us during our wedding planning. Jackie took care of all the last minute details the day of the wedding with such passion. Her professionalism is top notch. As Mother of the Bride I highly recommend having Jackie by your side. You will just love her! Thanks so much Jackie.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Christie · Married on 06/13/2009

Jackie was so helpful in all the steps leading up to my wedding. She helped me find any and every vendor I needed and always responded quickly to any questions I had. My rehearsal was a little bit crazy, but that is because the preacher was late (had a flat tire), the guitarist (who was doing the majority of our music) showed up at the wrong place, and we had 20 attendants total. Everything finally got worked out, and I couldn't have asked for the wedding day to have gone any better.
    Thanks, Jackie!
    Christie M.

Sent on 02/02/2010

Erin · Married on 06/18/2011

Jackie did an extraordinary job! She handled everything really well, considering the small tornado that came through and destroyed my outdoor ceremony. She helped keep everyone calm and helped get us everywhere that we needed to be. Great job!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Allison · Married on 05/21/2011

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5

Jackie is a lovely lady. She was very pleasant to work with.

Our wedding was beautiful. With the exception of a few things, there were no major disasters and none of the guests had any idea about some of the things going on behind the scenes.

The good stuff: the wedding party was ready on time, the photos taken before the wedding were timely and beautiful, the timeline that Jackie prepared was extremely helpful in accomplishing everything on time.

The frustrating stuff: Jackie's assistant, Janine, and I did not meet until the day of the wedding and she was a cause of stress for me and other members of the wedding: (1) When myself and the bridesmaids were finished with our pre-ceremony photos, Janine was given the task of closing the doors to the restaurant where the groom and groomsmen were waiting so there was no chance of the groom and I seeing each other. The doors to the restaurant were immediately across from the elevator doors, where me and the bridal party would be walking out from. We gave Janine 5 minutes to complete this task, which should have taken 2-3 minutes. After waiting 6-7 minutes, we all head down in the elevator. The elevator doors open and we see the restaurant doors are wide open and Janine is aimlessly walking around. Jackie jumped out of the elevator to quickly close the restaurant doors, so we could walk past without the guys seeing us. Crisis avoided. (2) Even though we had a rehearsal, with Jackie present, she and Janine could not remember which of the groomsmen were supposed to walk down various members of our family. Luckily, the groomsmen and the members of our family being ushered into the wedding remembered who they were paired up with and it went off without a hitch. (3) A couple that we're really close friends with have a 6 month only little girl that is a cutie-pie. The baby got a lot of attention because she was the only baby at the wedding, and she's so cute. At one point during the reception, I see Janine sitting with our friends at one of the tables holding our friends' baby....while she's supposed to be assisting with the coordination of our reception. I understand that we paid for Jackie to be our day-of director, but the fact that she brought an assistant to our fairly small wedding tells me that part of the cost was to pay the assistant.

The bad stuff: There was only one legitimately bad thing that happened, and perhaps there are several people to blame including myself. I did not end up with my or my bridesmaid bouquets after the wedding. I feel certain they were left on the estate table in the reception room and no one picked them up or saved them for us. When we went outside for the "send off", I asked either Jackie or Janine if I needed my bouquet and I was told "no". It was sort of a fake send off because we were staying at the hotel. We made a lap around the parking lot in our golf cart and came back to the hotel where everyone was waiting. Shortly thereafter, Jackie and Janine walk out of the hotel and waved as they walked to their cars. They didn't discuss anything else with us or ask to do a walk-through of the reception area so nothing was left behind...they just left. They had taken some things up to our honeymoon suite, and they had left some things with the front desk...we didn't know what stuff was in either location until the next day. And that's when we realized that my bouquet was gone. We have the groom's boutonniere because it was pinned to his jacket, and that's it. As I mentioned, maybe I should have gone back in the reception room...maybe Jackie and Janine should have done a final walk-thru...maybe the reception venue should have saved them for us. I don't know, but the bottom line is they're gone and all we have are pictures.

As I said before, our wedding was beautiful. Everything went as smooth as possible, and everyone had a great time. I hesitated writing these comments because Jackie is good at keeping things organized, and she's good at her job. If I had to do it over, I would have kept everything the same except I would have gone back into the reception room after our send-off to do a final walk-thru instead of trusting that someone else had already done it.

Sent on 06/11/2011

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. It is well appreciated. I understand some of your comments and frustrations and I look forward in chatting with you to address these concerns and provide you the explanations you deserve, explaining some behind the scenes challenges that were not disclosed to you at that time in order to ensure you walk down the aisle stress free. I have taken note of a couple of things that are related to the venue site, and will indicate those to my future brides. Restaurants inside a wedding facility have their policies to keep their business running, while they are accomodating most of the time, there will be times that due, to their intensity of business at peak times, we as directors have to go the extra step for our brides. I will be more than happy to explain the details either by phone or email and more than happy to go over this review with any of prospective brides who read this review. I do appreciate the feedback and will be addressing some good insight you have provided. I am glad that your wedding day came out beautiful! That is my goal! Thank you again for your feedback. It was a great pleasure to direct your wedding!