Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination Reviews

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 5
Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 6
Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination 7

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

Jackie at Smoothe-tie-the-knots was incredibly supportive in the months leading up to our wedding. She was always available to answer questions - and I had a lot of them! She was also incredibly resourceful and saved us a lot of money by turning us on to inexpensive resources (eg linens, ceremony/reception extras) and letting us borrow or rent some of her own. She also educated us on a lot of aspects of the wedding planning process and kept us on point with our time line in getting things done months leading up to the wedding. Her patient and loving demeanor was just what we needed to remain calm and pushing forward. She was the support and accountability we needed. The week of was quite hectic and we would recommend starting your day-of-timeline and layout way ahead of time so important details don't get overlooked.

Emily · Married on 03/26/2011

Very helpful ceremony planner!

Sheila · Married on 08/28/2010

I think Jacki was great to work with! My wedding party and I felt very comfortable working with her. Jacki's very nice and friendly personality made working with her a good experience.Thanks for making German and my special day a wonderful experience.

Carla · Married on 03/19/2016

For my wedding, I had an idea of what I wanted. Jackie offered some ideas that were great! Since I was able to get most of the decor on my own, I let Jackie know how I wanted everything to look. Jackie and her team took my ideas and made my wedding day more than I could have ever hoped for. She offered recommendations for my photographer, the DJ, the florist and all of them were top notch.
    If you are someone who can do a lot of the details yourself (decor ideas, contracting the vendors, etc.) and you are fairly organized, someone like Jackie will keep you on track to make sure that everything is done. Most of the heavy lifting on the wedding day was done by Jackie, her team and Carolyn (my catering manager) with Chateau Elan, so the stress was taken off my shoulders so I could relax and enjoy the whole day without worrying about the details.

Joanna · Married on 05/29/2011

Jackie was such a great person to have on my team the day of my wedding! She makes timelines and has everyone in order so that everything runs smoothly. She also reminded me of many things I would have forgotten without her around. She is very quick to respond to emails and is always available. She is definately worth the cost and much more!

Sierra · Married on 05/29/2010

Having a Day of Director was well worth the money! The stress of the big day was completed taken way because she handled all the small things we don't think about until it's too late. She was met with us whenever we needed to go over things, answered emails and questions quickly, was extremely helpful and proffessional throughout the whole process! I would highly reccommend a Day of Director to even the most organized Brides!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you Sierra and Andy! It was a lot of fun being there for your wedding and ensuring that both you and Andy did not have to worry about any of those details that suddenly pop up! You deserve to enjoy and relax on your wedding day! Good luck to both of you in your new stage of lives! Love to hear from you sometime too! Sincerely, Jackie

Robin · Married on 08/03/2013

Jackie Raez is amazing! She goes above and beyond the call of duty. From our first meeting we could tell that Jackie is passionate about her job. Her attention to details and dedication starts from the day you sign up with her until the lights go out the day of your wedding. My daughter and I are so pleased to have her work with us during our wedding planning. Jackie took care of all the last minute details the day of the wedding with such passion. Her professionalism is top notch. As Mother of the Bride I highly recommend having Jackie by your side. You will just love her! Thanks so much Jackie.

Christie · Married on 06/13/2009

Jackie was so helpful in all the steps leading up to my wedding. She helped me find any and every vendor I needed and always responded quickly to any questions I had. My rehearsal was a little bit crazy, but that is because the preacher was late (had a flat tire), the guitarist (who was doing the majority of our music) showed up at the wrong place, and we had 20 attendants total. Everything finally got worked out, and I couldn't have asked for the wedding day to have gone any better.
    Thanks, Jackie!
    Christie M.

Erin · Married on 06/18/2011

Jackie did an extraordinary job! She handled everything really well, considering the small tornado that came through and destroyed my outdoor ceremony. She helped keep everyone calm and helped get us everywhere that we needed to be. Great job!

Allison · Married on 05/21/2011

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5
      3.5

Jackie is a lovely lady. She was very pleasant to work with.

Our wedding was beautiful. With the exception of a few things, there were no major disasters and none of the guests had any idea about some of the things going on behind the scenes.

The good stuff: the wedding party was ready on time, the photos taken before the wedding were timely and beautiful, the timeline that Jackie prepared was extremely helpful in accomplishing everything on time.

The frustrating stuff: Jackie's assistant, Janine, and I did not meet until the day of the wedding and she was a cause of stress for me and other members of the wedding: (1) When myself and the bridesmaids were finished with our pre-ceremony photos, Janine was given the task of closing the doors to the restaurant where the groom and groomsmen were waiting so there was no chance of the groom and I seeing each other. The doors to the restaurant were immediately across from the elevator doors, where me and the bridal party would be walking out from. We gave Janine 5 minutes to complete this task, which should have taken 2-3 minutes. After waiting 6-7 minutes, we all head down in the elevator. The elevator doors open and we see the restaurant doors are wide open and Janine is aimlessly walking around. Jackie jumped out of the elevator to quickly close the restaurant doors, so we could walk past without the guys seeing us. Crisis avoided. (2) Even though we had a rehearsal, with Jackie present, she and Janine could not remember which of the groomsmen were supposed to walk down various members of our family. Luckily, the groomsmen and the members of our family being ushered into the wedding remembered who they were paired up with and it went off without a hitch. (3) A couple that we're really close friends with have a 6 month only little girl that is a cutie-pie. The baby got a lot of attention because she was the only baby at the wedding, and she's so cute. At one point during the reception, I see Janine sitting with our friends at one of the tables holding our friends' baby....while she's supposed to be assisting with the coordination of our reception. I understand that we paid for Jackie to be our day-of director, but the fact that she brought an assistant to our fairly small wedding tells me that part of the cost was to pay the assistant.

The bad stuff: There was only one legitimately bad thing that happened, and perhaps there are several people to blame including myself. I did not end up with my or my bridesmaid bouquets after the wedding. I feel certain they were left on the estate table in the reception room and no one picked them up or saved them for us. When we went outside for the "send off", I asked either Jackie or Janine if I needed my bouquet and I was told "no". It was sort of a fake send off because we were staying at the hotel. We made a lap around the parking lot in our golf cart and came back to the hotel where everyone was waiting. Shortly thereafter, Jackie and Janine walk out of the hotel and waved as they walked to their cars. They didn't discuss anything else with us or ask to do a walk-through of the reception area so nothing was left behind...they just left. They had taken some things up to our honeymoon suite, and they had left some things with the front desk...we didn't know what stuff was in either location until the next day. And that's when we realized that my bouquet was gone. We have the groom's boutonniere because it was pinned to his jacket, and that's it. As I mentioned, maybe I should have gone back in the reception room...maybe Jackie and Janine should have done a final walk-thru...maybe the reception venue should have saved them for us. I don't know, but the bottom line is they're gone and all we have are pictures.

As I said before, our wedding was beautiful. Everything went as smooth as possible, and everyone had a great time. I hesitated writing these comments because Jackie is good at keeping things organized, and she's good at her job. If I had to do it over, I would have kept everything the same except I would have gone back into the reception room after our send-off to do a final walk-thru instead of trusting that someone else had already done it.

Sent on 06/11/2011

Smooth Tie-The-Knots- Month Of/Day Of Wedding Coordination's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. It is well appreciated. I understand some of your comments and frustrations and I look forward in chatting with you to address these concerns and provide you the explanations you deserve, explaining some behind the scenes challenges that were not disclosed to you at that time in order to ensure you walk down the aisle stress free. I have taken note of a couple of things that are related to the venue site, and will indicate those to my future brides. Restaurants inside a wedding facility have their policies to keep their business running, while they are accomodating most of the time, there will be times that due, to their intensity of business at peak times, we as directors have to go the extra step for our brides. I will be more than happy to explain the details either by phone or email and more than happy to go over this review with any of prospective brides who read this review. I do appreciate the feedback and will be addressing some good insight you have provided. I am glad that your wedding day came out beautiful! That is my goal! Thank you again for your feedback. It was a great pleasure to direct your wedding!