Smooth Brides Reviews

Smooth Brides 4
Smooth Brides 5
  • trose0482

Tiara · Married on 06/20/2010

Finding a wedding hair and makeup person was such a stressful event for me. I originally hired a company only to have them cancel on me a week before the wedding! I contacted Kelly from Smooth Brides and immediately she was extremely kind, helpful and attentive and made sure she could squeeze me in and get me taken care of for my wedding.

On the Big Day, I was scheduled to have airbrush makeup and hair done. Needless to say, I was full of nerves and was so worried about looking perfect. When Kelly was done with me, I felt like a princess and absolutely gorgeous and all nerves went away.

In addition to me, I had 2 bridesmaids getting their hair done as well as the Mother of the Groom. After seeing what a wonderful job Kelly and her assistant had done, one of the bridesmaids decided to get her makeup done too (she never wears a lot of make up nor her hair done and we were all blown away how beautiful she looked!). My mom joined in and decided to get her hair and make up done (she never lets anyone do anything for her because she usually hates it). Not with Kelly! For one of the first times in a very long time, my mom was absolutely glowing! My sister also had Kelly put on fake lashes to give her look something extra.

Both Kelly and her assistant were incredibly efficient, patient and very talented. One of the things that stresses me out on a daily basis is getting ready because I have problem, uneven skin and a lot of long hair. Its a lot of work! But Kelly did it all with ease. I highly recommend the airbrush makeup. It covered every flaw and lasted all night.

All of us received countless compliments all night long. I had an amazing wedding but it absolutely would not have been a success without Smooth Brides. I know that a bride feeling beautiful really makes a difference and Kelly made that happen for me.

I honestly cannot say enough. I recommend Smooth Brides to everyone and with her incredibly great pricing, there is no reason to go with anyone else. You might also get great service, but end up spending hundreds more and there's no need if Smooth Brides is available.

Thanks again Kelly for everything!

Sent on 07/12/2010
  • artsydew

Chelsey · Married on 06/05/2010

I am so pleased that I chose Smoothbrides for my wedding day! I loved that Kelly and her assistant came to Caesar's palace. It really made everything so stress free and relaxing. Their work is AMAZING! From hair to airbrush makeup their work was flawless. They made me feel like a pampered princess. The girls in my wedding party also had their hair/makeup done and it really allowed us to spend time together and just have fun. I highly recommend.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Smooth Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy that you enjoyed the experience. Congratulations on your wedding and we hope you both the best in the future.

Rendel · Married on 05/01/2010

They did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup. I opted for airbrush makeup and I did not have to touch up all day. I received numerous compliments all day from our guests and most importantly my husband loved it!!

I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 05/17/2010

Thank you good luck!

Jea · Married on 07/24/2017

Destination wedding!! In booking with Smooth Brides, the process was seamless. Pay the deposit, text Kelly and let her know you paid and she will confirm your appt.

Kelly and Cindy came to our room at the Cosmo promptly at 11am to do makeup and hair on my mom, MOH, and myself. Kelly did my hair and airbrush makeup. I had an idea of what I wanted but in speaking with her we opted for an updo. Because of the length and weight of my hair, I feared my curls would be weighed down and my curls wouldn't hold. She made sure that they stayed curly in the Vegas heat, which they did, even following in to the next day. I recommend airbrush makeup as it was not cakey or felt heavy. My mom and MOH had their traditional makeup done by Cindy and they both looked fabulous!

My two girls also wanted curls in their hair which Kelly and Cindy were able to accommodate at the last minute. Cindy is learning to do hair and she did an awesome job with getting the girls' hair all ready for our ceremony.

PS. Don't forget to text Kelly your room number and have a few hairstyles and makeup ideas in mind so you can go over it with Kelly. She's great at making recommendations!

She travels to you. If your hotel charges for parking, that will be added to your total.

Have cash ready. Although she does accept cards.

Lastly, they were both personable and were able to work through all the chaos in our room even when my niece would try to distract them. Kudos to you both on that!!

Thank you ladies for getting us dolled up! We felt like superstars!!

Jea DG from CA

Sent on 08/03/2017

Penelope · Married on 11/14/2014

Kelly was absolutely brilliant. Responding immediately to all my communications.
    Kelly provided someone to do my hair and three bridesmaids. We had Air brush make up that looked amazing in our photographs. She made me feel like a Princess. Xx

Sent on 12/08/2014

Smooth Brides's reply:

Thank you SO much!! you are very kind to give me such a great review
    All the best Kelly xoxox

Penelope · Married on 11/14/2014

Thank you for making my girls and I look and feel special. We had a fantastic day and you were part of making that happen.
    If we come in the future to renew our vowels,you will be the first person I contact. Thank you once again Kelly.

Sent on 12/16/2014

barbara · Married on 09/24/2010

I loved my make up and hair, thanks kelly

Sent on 11/18/2010

Tami · Married on 10/30/2017

Kelly was very friendly and did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup. I would definitely recommend her to my friends/family.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Eva · Married on 06/25/2016

Thank you so much Kelly! You made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! You did wonders with my hair and I couldn't have asked for better makeup choices. Your amazing!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Smooth Brides's reply:

Thank you so much!! glad you liked it and Thank you for the great review xoxoxox
  • Z

Zay · Married on 05/24/2016

I loved working with Kelli! She was so pleasant, personable and funny and her makeup application was so flawless. She even gave me some extra lip color for touch ups during the day. My pictures were perfect! I felt like a celebrity. I wish she lived in NC because I would hire her on a regular basis. A+++

Sent on 06/07/2016

Smooth Brides's reply:

You are so sweet! Thank you so much! The pictures were beautiful.
    All the best to you both and anytime call me, Kelly oxoxox
  • User6171942 · 2+ years ago

Smooth brides was amazing! We went out for my cousin's wedding and the ladies showed up and got the job done! Kelly did an amazing job on all of our makeup. Caron her assistant did our hair and did a fabulous job! These ladies know what they are doing so if you need a place to get hair and makeup done in Vegas these are your girls! Thanks again so much will be back!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Smooth Brides's reply:

Thank you so much! We can't wait to see picture I know you all looked fabulous.
    Thank you so much for the great review ! Kelly

Tiana · Married on 11/01/2014

Kelly and two of her assistants did the hair and make up for myself and 6 bridesmaids. Everyone looked really great and I was very happy with my own hair and makeup too. I gave her an image or two for inspiration and she made it come to life.

Because Kelly was so great for my trial, I had no stress or worries over that at all. Only small complaint would be that we ended up a bit late. Not really sure why (though I suppose 7 girls is a lot to handle). Not much to be done about that.

Kelly is super sweet and very professional. It was extremely convenient to have her and the other stylists to come to our room - except we had horrible lighting in there (nothing to do with the vendor but good for brides to think about if planning to do in-room makeup).

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Mrs.B

Tara · Married on 10/13/2012

My hair and makeup was absolutely phenomenal! I have never felt so beautiful, and my mom looked SO beautiful. These girls did a wonderful job!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2010

The airbrush makeup turned out beautiful. Wished I would have used my own color stay lipstick but other than that it was perfect. I was my dream bride and looked flawless.

Sent on 08/25/2010

Smooth Brides's reply:

Thank you it was nice working with you and you looked great!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/04/2010

Great make up and hair artists. They are early and very responsive to ideas and suggestions.

Their services is great, they're fun and very professional.

I would recommend them for any special event.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Kaye · Married on 05/30/2010

Not being as young as most brides the thought of make-up was daunting to say the least. But it all turned out brilliantly. Never had a problem for the rest of the day with either the hair or make-up, even with the Las Vegas summer weather! When asked, Kelly had confidence in her own abilities and was able to decide the make-up style for us. Very professional in her approach and kept in contact before the event to make sure all would go smoothly.

Sent on 06/23/2010

Smooth Brides's reply:

You looked great and I love the pictures good luck!

Courtney · Married on 10/27/2012

3.5

Kelly was awesome, she did a fabulous job! wish she could do my make up everyday! and the rest of the girls looked fantastic! Only suggestion I would make is that while she is getting girls ready, to keep a list of who was all done and what they had done to avoid confusion at the end. But otherwise everything was fantastic would defintately use her again and recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

krista · Married on 11/13/2010

3.0

Kelli was amazing. She did not only my make up for my wedding but my bridesmaids as well. We all loved our make up very much. We all got the air brush & it lasted throughout the whole wedding. Very pleased with Smooth Brides & their services. I would high reccomend them and I would use them again.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Smooth Brides's reply:

I really appreciate your very nice review. I am happy you liked it and that the air brush lasted all the best with your new marriage.

Stacey · Married on 08/25/2017

Aug 25, 2017: We had a referral to Smooth Brides by the Graceland Wedding Chapel and were completely satisfied by both entities. I was somewhat hesitant doing everything via internet & text, but don't fret. We had 4 up do's on medium & long hair types, and the day before I had changed my mind and inquired into having my make-up done and they were totally accommodating. Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of having it done in our room, and was able to visit with my friends instead of being cooped up in a salon. Had so many compliments on our beautiful Victory rolls and my make-up. Thank you for the great service and contributing to our fun Elvis wedding!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Thank you!!
    we really appreciate the review and glad you were happy :)
    Kelly

0.8
      2.5

My mom went to book this vendor for our wedding. The website does not work and so my mom had to communicate with her via email. We gave the owner Kelli a deposit after the price she quoted. She was aware my wedding was off the strip and agreed to do so at the prices quoted. Once a deposit was given she added on gratuity fees and travel fees. Although travel fees are usually imposed a gratuity for a service we don't even know is good is ridiculous. Gratuity is usually optional or for large parties. There were 4 of us. She made excuses to not want to travel to our location. We ended up getting our money back. If you book with them make sure you have all the fees up front because the prices quoted do not match the final total.!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Smooth Brides's reply:

I do apologize if there was any misunderstanding regarding prices but all of the prices are clearly stated on my website. Off strip there is a travel fee as you were at a golf course 30 miles off the strip, also we add on to the total 15% tax/gratuity as many venders do.
    many brides tell me they are happy we add it on as they have no idea what they should tip it makes it easier for them.

Kesia · Married on 07/17/2010

0.0

I would NOT recommend Smooth Brides. Kelly Moore was extremely rude and unprofessional. She backed out of our appointment the DAY OF MY WEDDING because she booked a back to back appointment. Keep in mind that I paid her in full ($225) a week before my wedding, I paid her for my hair and make up and NOT by an hourly rate so I didn't understand why she booked an appointment right after me if she didn't know how long my hair and makeup would take. She was extremely rude to me on the day of my wedding when we were on the phone, and to top it off she brought her screaming/crying child with her!!! From one bride to another DO NOT HIRE HER!!! I thought my wedding was ruined because my wedding was 2 hours away and I wasn't going to have anyone do my hair or makeup but luckily my wedding coordinator (Jennifer Little 702-567-6138) contacted the spa where i was getting married (Loews Lake Las Vegas) and was able to get me in with Mary. If you are looking for a TRUE PROFESSIONAL contact Mary at Loews Lake Las Vegas Spa. Unfortunately with all the drama and stress that Kelly Moore caused me on my wedding day I forgot to ask Mary for a business card. I'm sure you can contact Jennifer Little and get a hold of Mary. She was FANTASTIC!! She definitely saved the day, she was sympathetic and quickly lifted my spirits. Although it was time for her to go home she decided she was going to do my hair and makeup because she is a true professional and human being with feelings and knows how important someone's wedding is unlike Kelly Moore.
    Kelly Moore is a horrible person and she is unprofessional. DO NOT HIRE HER! she almost ruined my wedding. If it wasn't for my wedding coordinator finding me another hair and makeup artist an hour before my wedding i wouldn't have had anyone. She is horrible and will stand you up. She cursed me out on the phone threaten me and tried to turn the whole story around she is the worst person i have ever met. Kelly you can keep removing my posts but I will continue to post them AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Sent on 08/19/2010

Smooth Brides's reply:

This is me Kelly Moore I am just letting all you brides to be how the event with kg4 really went. I for one have been a professional makeup artist and hair stylist for 20 years and I know how important being there for my brides on there wedding day is.

I had done a trial run with this woman at my home as she didn't want me to go to her apartment, the trail went perfect she seemed nice and normal and loved the hair and makeup so she booked the wedding day and paid in full. I normally keep appointments in and around Las vegas but she was getting married in Lake Las Vegas and normally I do not travel such a distance for one hair and makeup but as she was so nice I decided i would do it.

Our appointment was at 4pm I was there at 4pm on the dot ready to begin, yes my husband drove me there with my daughter as I am from England and honestly it was a late in the day wedding and there fore I did not want to drive home on the desert roads alone. They were obviously going to walk around and sight see while I was busy with miss Gonzales.
    When I arrived I called her for her room number and she said she didn't have a room number yet she hadn't checked in in fact she wasn't even in Lake Las vegas and had no idea when they will arrive and I had better wait for her or else she has my address and she will F!#*!! me up! so excuse me people/ ladies I am a very patient woman with a lot of compassion but I can not be sworn at and threatened and then go alone in a room with someone and do there hair and makeup like nothing is wrong.

I had asked the front desk and they told me she was supposed to check in at 12pm it was now 5pm I had waited ONE hour I do have other appointments yes she may not pay by the hour but one hair and makeup does not keep me there all day and night.

I actually waited another half an hour and I called her back asking her when she will be her I was willing to over look her hysterical screaming but she continued screaming at me telling me she has no idea when she will be there but I just better (profanities) wait. At that point I left I told her she will get a full refund of her money even though I drove all the way there on my time and waited 2 hours for her.I gave her the full refund and I did have to make a police report as she had my address and made threats to hurt me if I didn't wait all evening for
    her.
    I am a very professional person that is why I was there at 4pm as we agreed unfortunately miss Gonzales is not.