58 Reviews for Smokehouse Grill LLC

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
House Liquor (1)
50 Smokehouse Grill LLC Reviews

When we got married we Tammy and Steve were like part of the family - they are great people and run a terrific business.

Profile Picture Chris, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Tammy, Steven and the whole Smokehouse Grill crew were wonderful to work with. They were helpful throughout all parts of the planning process. I have worked with them several times, as a wedding vendor, over the years and I knew when I got engaged that they had to be our caterer! Their food and service is always top notch and everyone is so friendly. They definitely go above and beyond and because of that, I always recommend them to everyone. Your caterer is a huge part of your wedding or event, so make the right choice and go with someone who knows what they're doing and can provide great food, with a smile :)

thank you!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great customer service and excellent food. They are very experienced at what they do and you can tell by the great quality of food they prepare.

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/4/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our food was AMAZING!!!!! We are still getting compliments on the awesome food!!!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Steven and Tammy and the whole staff at Smokehouse Grill helped to make our wedding the dream wedding we had wanted! They took time to work with us on every detail of the menu and venue. They got back to us right away with any questions we had! The venue looked beautiful and we heard from so people that our food was the best food food they've ever had at a wedding! Steve and Tammy worked with us to help our special touches into every element of the wedding and we truly loved everything! Thank you Smokehouse Grill!

Profile Picture User4130852, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were very pleased when Smokehouse Grill catered our event in February 2014. They were very professional and took care of our every need from start to finish. Steve, Tammy and their staff take pride in their business and their really do care about their customers/clients. They took care of every detail to make our evening was special and very delicious for our many guests! We would defiantly recommend Smokehouse Grill for your catering needs.

Profile Picture User4006501, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Amazing food, especially the crab dip and crab cakes. Everyone raved about the food and it wasnt over priced.

Profile Picture Allison, 5/4/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

These guys were great to work with. Food was awesome and everything went very smoothly. We were even offered the chance to add heaters up to the day before the event. Definitely recommend their service (try the bbq beef!)

Profile Picture User2766315, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Smokehouse Grill was amazing to work with. They provided all our food for the rehearsal dinner where over 200 people enjoyed a crab feast and crawfish boil. They also provided apps for cocktail hour for our wedding day. Steven and team were great to work with and I highly recommend them for any event you plan on having. His service was excellent and he made sure my special day went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/16/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Two words for Smokehouse Grill. Absolutely Perfect! My daughter scheduled her wedding for June 11, 2011. We live on the Chesapeake Bay and arranged through Tammy and Steve of Smokehouse Grill to cater and provide all services. The tent for 120 went up on June 9th and because of a severe storm, came down on June 10th. I called Tammy and advised that the tent had collapsed. Tammy's response "Don't worry. We'll make it perfect". That they did! My daughter's wedding was PERFECT. The food was fantastic - prime rib and crab cakes. EVERY SINGLE guest was absolutely delighted. Everything was prepared fresh and onsite. Tammy and Steve think of, and take care of, every single detail. I am the mother of a very happy bride. Thank you Tammy and Steve. See you in four years when Daughter #2 graduates from college!

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used The Smokehouse Grill for a picnic (we had a destination wedding and held this picnic to celebrate). The communication was great before the event and I really appreciated the menu adjustments that we were able to make. All of our friends and family complimented the food. Several people even mentioned that they were considering using them to cater an event in the future. There was tons of food leftover (not sure if you get to keep the leftovers for a regular wedding reception) and we are still eating it! Everything was excellent. I can't recommend The Smokehouse Grill enough!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/1/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

In response to the review by Jill As always there is 2 side to every story.
I think the best way to approch her review is to state the facts.
She had about 30 people more than she paid for at her reception (totaling 250 people)
She never padded her numbers,she infact did not have enough tables or chairs for the extra guests whocomplained to us there was no where to sit, We approchedher with the problem and her response was less then helpfull as she stated "ohwell its my wedding day" She did not pad the china either as she ran out of plates and flatware and once again her guests complained to us as they did not have forks or even a plate to eat off of.
As far as the food running out, this was not the case at all, weddings are not "all you can eat" and when you try to coordinate your own wedding without atimeline for service you will set yourself up for a disasterus reception everytime. And this is exactly what happen. she had no set time for anything, her guests came to the buffet in no orderly fashion and speratic through the coarse of 2 hours,and eating more than once which caused the shortage of plates and food. She provided her own bar service as well but expected us to clean the table trash from the bar service, she never paid for "extra" staff for anything she paid for a catering service for 225 people and included in the price was 6 staff members. Please visit our web sites to view testimonials from past weddings and e-mail us for references as we have hundreds of them.

Steven Holden

The lesson to be learned here..
do not try to cut corners by renting your own china , or coordinate your own reception expecially without a timeline and then trying to rip off the caterer by inviting more guests than what you paid for, and expecting the caterer to clean china that was not rented through them. We did infact clean all the tables free of the china and placed the china back in the crates she rented. She even had the audasity to call and complain that she was charged by her rental company a cleaning fee for returning the china without rinsing it off, and wanted us to pay for it , once again lesson to learn here is if you rent it,you are responsable for it , dont expect the caterer to do anything they are not getting paid to do.

She decided to coordinate her own reception as well as rent all the china from another vendor as well as the tables chairs etc.

Profile Picture Steven , 8/8/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Steve and Tammy Holden are amazing! Their whole team was fantastic. We used them to cater our rehearsal and wedding, including rentals and wedding planning. Tammy made our entire event happen, and Steve was available the entire year I planned the wedding. There staff was professional, provided great service and there was never a line for the bar! The food was to die for, both nights and at such a great cost. We did a lot of comparison shopping and this was not only the best service for the price, but the best service I have experienced. I am still in contact with Steve and Tammy a month after my wedding- I feel I made two great friends in the process. What a relief to be a bride who could enjoy every moment, they made this a stress free event. I recommend Smokehouse grill for ANY event!! Thanks again Smokehouse!! what a flawless wedding we had!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/27/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I really wanted to bring a casual, picnic feel to the wedding and nothing did that better than a tasty BBQ on-site. The Smokehouse Grill was endlessly patient with me while I ironed out the details of my guestlist and menu. They were on-time, professional and make some damn fine BBQ. There was waaaayyyy more food than I paid for, so there was never a risk of running out of anything no matter how much my guests hogged away. They were reasonably priced and provided awesome service!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Exeptional service, very friendly staff. Very competent staff, worked well together. Owners attended event. Fantastic food !

Profile Picture Shoby, 9/22/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

The Smokehouse Grill was the best! I recommend them often. We had a wonderful event that they assisted in making perfect. Food was great, setup was great, everything was great!

Profile Picture Susan, 7/21/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The Smokehouse Grill was wonderful. They helped in aspects I didn't even ask for. Steven covered everything for me and really took the stress aspect out of the wedding. The food was excellent as were the staff. They were a great help at the wedding. I would gladly reccomend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/1/06, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were thrilled with the food and the professional and friendly service provided by Smokehouse Grill. They arrived promptly and there were no surprises, making the event easy for us. Our guests had many compliments for the food, especially the crab cakes and the crab dip--highly recommend Tammy and Steve. Thank you, Tammy and Steve!!

Profile Picture Alice, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Smokehouse Grill provided excellent professional services for our family reunion picnic.
Every one was professional and courteous. Tammy was perfect in making sure that our catered event was a smashing success. The food was excellent with generous portions and lots of food leftover. The roast pig was amazing and was the center of attention. On behalf of the Fontaine family I would like to Smokehouse Grill for a very fine job. We will be using them again for our Reunion in August 2015....sincerely Joe Fontaine

Profile Picture joseph, 8/17/14, 1 Review

Steven,

I have been meaning to write to you and let you know how wonderful the food was for our daughter's baby shower on April 5. Not only were the meats absolutely delicious but the cold salads were great too! Usually cole slaw and potato salad are bland and not very good but that was definitely not the case with your homemade salads. They were GREAT!

We had many people ask where the food came from so I'm sure you'll have some future business coming your way. We will definitely keep you in mind for our future events.

You and Tammy were so easy to work with despite my last minute requests and complete craziness. Thank you again for making our shower a huge success with a meal to remember!

It was truly a WONDERFUL experience all around!

Brenda Pickering

Profile Picture Brenda, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food, however, far outshine my initial concerns over the responsiveness. People raved about the food! From the second guests arrived, they could smell all of the delicious smokehouse cooking. We had pit beef, bbq chicken, ribs, salmon, pulled pork, hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, garden salad, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes for around $30/person, including service fees etc. There was even a TON of leftover food at the end of the evening.

The catering staff the day of our wedding was incredible! They brought food to the head table and discretely invited tables up to eat. I was so happy with the day of service, they really exceeded my expectations with their professionalism and quality service.

So overall, I am happy with our catering choice. I think the value was phenomenal for the food and day of service that we received!

Profile Picture Monica, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Vegetarian

Price was good, guests were very happy with the food. Cooperative regarding a guest's special dietary restrictions. Tammy was on hand to make sure things went right.

Profile Picture User7418492, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food was excellent and the staff was professional and very efficient. I couldn't have asked for a better catering experience. Thanks so much!!

Profile Picture Leah, 9/15/07, 1 Review
1.6

I am completely amazed at all of the good reviews. We had a terrible experience with the Smokehouse Grill. They sold themselves as being very professional and experienced. This was definitely not the case. They ran out of food and our guests had to wait in line 20+ minutes for them to cook more. They argued that this was not their fault and said our guests were eating too much and accused us of having more guests than we paid for (we actually padded our number to make sure we would have plenty of food). We paid for additional staff so they would be able to easily clear dishes for the large number of people and I later found out that guests were clearing their own dishes. In the end, people were fed. And that's basically the only good thing I can say about the service we received. My best advice would be to find someone else.

Profile Picture Jill, 8/8/09, 1 Review
0.5

Horrible. They lie and tell you whatever you want and then you sign the contract and they take everything back. Unless you get what you want in writing, walk away. They treat you like crap and yell at their customers. Too bad because their food was good.

View Vendor Response