Smithtown Landing Country Club Reviews

View more information

• Patricia
    Patricia E. Married on 10/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best venue on long island for a celbration!

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Smithtown Landing Country Club. In addition to the gorgeous venue and fabulous food- the staff is INCREDIBLE!!! Mandi F planned our day for us as if it was her day and was the only event she had to take care of. She is such a professional and made our day incredibly special. Joe, our maî·tre d hosted the event as a brother would who truly loved the guests and took care of us as if we were family. The bartender Bill was top notch and such a pleasure to have serving our guests and as a part of our vent. Our DJ Gregg from Montage Music is like family and did an incredible job as always! Thank you to each of you for making this day SO SPECIAL!!

You are all such good people. You made our day. And Smithtown Landing is gorgeous. We are planning our next family event there and hope to continue to have many more celebrations there.

Ron & Patti
  • Sean
    Sean Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further - the best

Smithtown Landing Country Club over-delivered in absolutely every aspect of our wedding. From our first phone call, we had a great feeling this would be the place for us to celebrate our marriage and that this staff cares about their customers. We first spoke with Evelyn, who provided clear expectations of pricing and available dates and helped us set up our first appointment. When we arrived to discuss the venue, we met with Mandi who truly went above and beyond providing details to every single aspect of our wedding - from showing us the venue and explaining it's history (did you know it was originally an apple orchard!?), to discussing dining, drink, and linen options, preferred vendors, and back-up plans to account for any potential hiccups. Not a single detail was spared. I can't say enough about how accommodating Mandi and her team were and how they took so much stress off our plate by ensuring our event ran smoothly and that every single potential point of failure was covered. Mandi is an absolute rockstar. It’s so clear how much she cares about what she does and, most importantly, how much she cares about her clients. She went out of her way to ask about our families, engagement, our dog, and our future plans. We felt comfortable with Mandi from the very first meeting. On the day of the wedding, Evan was our maitre'd and was exceptional. Every detail was accounted for, and everything that needed to be discussed was discussed and sorted before the event began. Throughout the night, Evan constantly checked in with us and made sure we were always happy and having the best time. A huge shoutout to our bartenders and all of the staff at Smithtown Landing who truly put service first and the needs of us and our guests to the forefront in everything they did. The drinks were thoughtfully crafted (including the signature espresso martini drinks!), the food outrageously delicious, and the atmosphere was electric. We had the Nissequogue room for our cocktail hour, the Merrywood cottage for our reception, and the Riverview room for our after-party. Each brought with them their own unique floor plans and features that provided a fun night-long experience for us and our guests. We'd be remiss if we didn't take the time to shout out our bridal attendant, Mise, who was truly extraordinary. She took our wedding from an excellent to a perfect one by being by our sides the entire night, making sure we ate (and drank, of course), holding our stuff, helping the bride change, showing us some excellent spots on the property for pictures... the list goes on. She was so thoughtful in all she did, something you’ll constantly see at Smithtown Landing. I'd recommend booking this venue solely for Mise alone. If you want an incredible atmosphere (which, by the way, looked nicer and nicer every time we visited and looked absolutely stunning the day of our wedding with amazing surprises such as new flowers, plants, lights, and stained floors), top-notch food from none other than Lessings, and to work with a staff that truly cares about the experience of their customers and their guests, look no further. Smithtown Landing has the history, charm, and beautiful landscape nestled back way off the main road that would stun even the staunchest of critics. Thank you so much Mandi, Evelyn, Evan, Mise, and the rest of the Smithtown Landing for making this experience the best of our lives.
  • I
    Imelda R. Married on 05/15/2022

Perfection!

OMG Where to begin! Mandi was absolutely the best! She helped us from beginning to the end! We got married on 05/15/2022, and she was phenomenal! Every step leading up to our big day was painless knowing we had her to help us through every detail. Our maítre’d was Joe and he helped us the whole night to coordinate everything perfectly. Not a single hiccup in the night at all! Alex was my bridal attendant and again, perfect! Now the food was DELICIOUS!!!! Everything from the first course to Viennese was perfect! Our compliments go out to our chef, Jorge! To anyone out there looking for their perfect venue, this is it. Call Mandi and I guarantee that you will NOT regret booking with them! Danny and I Love you all at Smithtown Landing. You made our day perfect and we will never forget it ❤️
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Adina Married on 04/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The perfect choice for our wedding!

Our whole wedding experience with Smithtown Landing Country Club, from start to finish, was absolutely amazing! The entire staff was helpful, accommodating, and friendly, and made sure everything ran smoothly. We loved working with Gina, Danielle, Joe, and Gene, who were incredibly helpful and attentive on the day of our wedding. We also want to specifically shout out Mandi, who worked with us throughout the entire process and is the most kind, helpful, supportive, and enthusiastic person! She was the perfect person to help us throughout our wedding planning process, and she went above and beyond to meet our needs (and way more)!

The venue itself is beautiful and was the perfect space for our wedding. We had our ceremony on the tented deck, our cocktail hour in the Nissequogue room, and our reception in the ballroom, and each of these spaces was exactly what we were looking for. The food was wonderful too—lots of guests were raving about it, even several days later. Even on a budget, we were able to get the wedding of our dreams at Smithtown Landing Country Club, and will be thinking back to this day for years to come.
    Candice W. Married on 12/12/2021

Beautiful Wedding

If you are looking for venue look no further. I was looking for 5 months for a venue that made my wife and I feel welcomed and then came across this gem. The manager Mandi was awesome! No pressure and didn't judge or make us feel any type of way. Everyone from the staff made us feel like royalty. The entire staff made sure we didn't have to lift a finger. The vibe was perfect and it's all thanks to the staff at Smithtown Landing. I can't thank them enough for making our day magical.
  • Angelina
    Angelina A. Married on 12/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wow. Nothing short of perfection.

Weddings are stressful. There’s no avoiding it. HOWEVER, Smithtown Landing made sure we were well taken care of on our special day. What started as a train wreck ended in perfection. I attribute that to the staff at Smithtown Landing and their incredible vendor team. Mice and Gina kept us sane and made sure everything was under control when I felt the emotions bubbling up. Our bridal attendant Gina treated us like family, even with the added stress of working with two brides instead of one. From the moment she stepped in, the day started coming together beautifully. My wife and I received endless compliments on just about everything- food, decor, flowers, music, ambiance… Mandi made sure our vision of a classy Christmas wedding could come to life and we’re so glad she convinced us to have our special day at Smithtown Landing Country Club. It was perfect.
    Stephanie D. Married on 10/31/2021

Amazing venue!

Had an amazing experience with this venue! Got married on Halloween of this year (10/31/21) and Mandi was amazing to work with! She helped every step of the way, answered any questions I had and was a sweetheart! Guests raved about the food!
    Shannon M. Married on 08/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best venue ever and best wedding ever!

As soon as we stepped into Smithtown landing over two years ago my husband and I knew this venue was perfect for us. Mandi is amazing to work with. Whenever I had a question night or day she was there to help. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet! We had to postpone due to covid and they were so accommodating. Our day was perfect. The maitre d and bridal assistant were so helpful. Everything looked perfect. The food was AMAZING. Overall perfect wedding! We have zero complaints.
  • Kay
    Kay V. Married on 05/14/2021

If I could give them 10 stars I would

My husband and I had the best experience with Mandi and everyone at Smithtown Landing. I saw so many venues on Long Island and wanted white walls and wood floors which is not easy to find. As soon as I stepped into the ballroom and saw those chandeliers I knew I wanted our wedding there. My husband and I danced around that ballroom the day we booked, then again our wedding day and it was nothing short of magical. Every question I had throughout planning was quickly answered via email. Mandi even came up to the bridal suite day of to make sure all was good and to gush over how beautiful I looked. The entire day of could not have gone smoother, the maitre d Joe was amazing to us and both of our families. Our family’s could not get over him addressing everyone on a first name basis the entire day and running around making sure everything was perfect. Pat our bridal attendant helped me with my dress, did my bustle and even got on the floor and spot cleaned it with seltzer water at a point. I didn’t eat much but I heard from our guests the food was amazing that night. Then when we picked up our decor the following day we where sent home with extra meals that where for guests we paid for who didn't attend and they where delicious even reheated. I could go on and on, Smithtown landing was absolutely exceptional and helped make our wedding day perfect!
  • Selena
    Selena R. Married on 09/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding even during COVID!

Just because its a microwedding doesn't mean it won't be wonderful! On October 17, I married the love of my life. It was not at all how we originally pictured [or planned] our wedding day would be, but it was better than we could've ever imagined. With only 7 days to get it all together, Smithtown Landing Country Club went above and beyond to give us our perfect day. Due to COVID restrictions there was no dancing, masks had to be on when not seated, and it was a different kind of cocktail hour but still, it really was the best day ever all thanks to this place.
    Smithtown Landing Country Club came through without hesitation and planned our wedding in a week after our original venue suddenly cancelled on us. Evelyn and Mandi are complete angels. Our Maitre D and bridal attendants (Danielle and Alex) were so on point! Every single COVID guideline was met, the staff went above and beyond to accommodate my grandma's health concerns. We really appreciated all their attention to detail. This is a place all future brides should check out, you won't be disappointed with anything.
  • Christina
    Christina R. Married on 07/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Experience with the best people!

Smithtown Landing was the most beautiful place and it was affordable! Evelyn was the most amazing person! And the crew was amazing as well! Very attentive and very quick responses whenever we had a question about something. They work really well with you. They all helped make my dream a reality!!
  • Vanessasaurus
    Vanessa Married on 06/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thank you Smithtown Landing!

As soon as we arrived, Joe (our Maitre D) was there to greet us. Our Maitre D and bridal attendant took care of everything you can possibly think of! I did not hire a Day of Coordinator, and there was no need to! They took care of everything from setting up decor, coordinating the timeline, assisting me with surprising the groom with a pipes and drums band, helping me bustle my dress, getting us something to eat/drink, and everything in between! I was so impressed with them. We also received many compliments about the overall presentation of the venue and the quality/service of the food/bar. Thank you for hosting an event that truly showcased the love we share for each other!
    Kristy Married on 10/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I celebrated our wedding day at Smithtown Landing on July 14th 2018. I cannot say enough great things about them, from the staff to the food, to the venue - it was an ideal experience and we couldn't have asked for a better one.

We worked with Kim from the start, who gave us a very fair price and put up with a million emails back and forth leading up to the date. In the two weeks before, she allowed us to check out the venue multiple times so I could make sure my decorations and signs were the right size and figure out placement - I gave the staff a print out of all of the items and where we wanted them (we did a few unique things like a raffle, POW table, ice buckets w/ specialty wine & beer) and it was all absolutely perfect.

Speaking of the staff, my Maitre'd Danielle, my bridal attendant Pat and the head bartender Gene were literally the kindest, most helpful people and made sure that us and our guests were comfortable at every turn.

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, uniquely maintaining an old elegant charm that you won't experience at other, more commercialized venues in the area. If you're on the fence about choosing a venue that has both a vintage charm and a country club feel, with a more than fair package price, look no further. Thank you to the staff at Smithtown Landing for making our day breathtakingly perfect!!
  • Kacie
    Kacie Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful experience

I would highly recommend this venue! Every person that I came into contact on my wedding day always went above and beyond to anything I could possibly need. the catering managers were also so wonderful to work with. I had a brunch wedding and they worked with everything I wanted. I had an outside ceremony that was just gorgeous under the beautiful arch with a background of changing leaves.
    Sarah Married on 04/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They recently went through renovations and the ball room has brand new hardwood floors. They also updated most of the bathrooms which was a nice touch. Kimberly and Abhi did everything to make sure my day went according to plan and exactly the way I had imagined. The venue was gorgeous – from the golf course to the reception hall.
    Caitlin Married on 11/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was three weeks ago at the Smithtown Landing Country Club, and it was amazing! Abhi and his team really made us feel special, and they were there to help us every step of the way. Abhi was so accommodating and friendly; his insights and suggestions were truly helpful! He really made sure our wedding day was perfect!
    Karen Married on 11/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Ahbi and the rest of the staff left no detail undone. Could not have asked for a more special perfect day. People are still raving about how much fin they had ans how delicious the food was .
    Gregory Married on 10/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We worked with Kim all leading up to the wedding who was a calming, flexible, and positive force. My husband and I are both vegan so picking a venue that could successfully create and accommodate an entirely vegan menu was a top priority and concern for us. We created a vegan menu and proposed it to them and they embraced it and rose to the challenge and wildly surpassed our expectations in terms of presentation and taste from cocktail hour fare to reception. Our guests were blown away with the flavor, and as a result many have a very different perspective on "vegan food" and are much more open and eager to try it as a result of the taste and variety the chef prepared for our wedding. Steve was our maitre d and was just incredible. We had a variety of extenuating circumstances arise throughout the day, and Steve was extremely attentive, calming, and helpful in navigating through all of them and doing everything in his power to not let them damper our day. My only constructive feedback is that my bridal attendant Pat was MIA most of the day, and in speaking with another person who was married at Smithtown Landing earlier that month she had the same feedback with regard to that particular bridal attendant. But if that's my only complaint I'll take it, just keep that in mind and make sure your bridal party/family are around and aware of tasks to assist to offset that. We wholeheartedly recommend Smithtown Landing. It is a stunning yet simple venue set in the woods so perfect for fall weddings if you'd like fall foliage in your photos.
    Lisa Married on 07/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about the Smithtown Landing Country Club. I had my wedding there on 7/8/2017. They went above and beyond for my wedding day. I am so happy that we selected this venue. The food was incredible (everyone at my wedding RAVED about the food that night and the days after) and the service was perfect. They personally attended to my family members in wheel chairs and had health needs. I would recommend this venue to anyone.
    Nicole Married on 07/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing and it was amazing! The staff was available and helpful every minute of the night. Everything was setup exactly how we wanted it to be prior to cocktail hour. Kim and Abhi were so helpful with the planning of the wedding. Pat, the bridal attendant, helped us all night and even helped with the bustle of my dress. She's a sweetheart. Joe, the Matrie D, was incredible. He remembered every detail that we requested. Gene and Whitney were awesome bartenders and were very friendly. The food was delicious! Guests were extremely impressed with cocktail hour. There was so much food that one guest from another state thought cocktail hour was the dinner. When he got his actual dinner, he was pleasantly surprised. We took beautiful pictures at the venue. We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for weddings and other events!
    Karen Married on 04/22/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing in April 2017. Everything about the day exceeded our expectations. There was a ton of food and it was all delicious. During the planning process there were also many food options to choose from. All of the staff at the venue are very easy to work with. They are flexible and very friendly. We were especially impressed with the staff on the wedding day. Many of our guests even commented afterwards how pleasant and professional they were. The venue itself is also very nice and the vendors we worked with in the wedding package were generally good.

We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for your wedding day!

-K & T
    Susan Married on 02/04/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My daughter decided to have an impromptu wedding and gave me two weeks to put together a wedding of her dreams. I could not have done this without the help of Abhi Mukherjee, General Manager Smithtown Landing Country Club, and their exceptional staff, and maitre'd Joe. Abhi was on point following up with all my requests. The food was exceptional and plentiful, and all the guest had a great time. Thank you Abhi for making my daughter's dream come true!
    Patricia Married on 10/04/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an engagement party for our son . It was perfection, simply amazing. It was all about the staff. There was a sweet 16 prior to our party which ended at 4, our party started at 5. I didn't know if they would be able to transform the room but they did and they did it beautifully. The maître d Joe did such a awesome job, I did nothing but enjoy myself and my guest. He was so thoughtful and had his eye on everything. We had a guest (grandpa) go to another table to chat and Joe found where he was sitting and brought his meal to him. We had another guest arrive late, 3 hrs. and he kept the food out for him. Everything from start to finish was perfection. Even the bartender went out of his way to get special beer for us. Michelle was also very helpful in setting the whole party up. It was a pleasure to work with her. Staff was very respectful and treated us all like we were the guest of honor. The room was beautiful and would love to go back for another party.
  • User1702416 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Smithtown Landing for our venue and they were perfect. They respond to email very quickly and asked us for all the necessary questions and always went above and beyond to be helpful.

The day of, it was flawless, they totally delivered on our vision, Joe was our maitre D and coordinated all vendors very well (we did not have a day of coordinator) and Rose was my bridal attendant and she was very attentive especially to my family. It was a nice touch to have her as she is French and was able to get my family who is also french everything they needed in their home language.

The appetizers are great and the food is very good. Everyone got their dish cooked as requested and they dealt with my friends many requests (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, vanilla alergies, etc)

They are priced competitively as we picked them out of 150 vendors and would recommend them to anyone.

Small minus, as other mentioned, the bathrooms that are not great but everything else was above and beyond
  • User1709435 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I love this place....Not only were the grounds beautiful but the food was amazing and the staff were top notch. I had the pleasure of dealing with Rich and I can't say enough nice things about him. He was always so helpful and we never felt like we were dealing with a used car salesman when negotiating the price. On our wedding day Rich had the day off but still stopped by to make sure everything was to our liking. Our banquet manager Joe was so sweet and attentive. Our guest still rave about the food and venue of our wedding and its been two years. Amazing
illustration stars