39 Reviews for Smithtown Landing Country Club

Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Indoor (1)
Covered Outdoor (1)
38 Smithtown Landing Country Club Reviews

They recently went through renovations and the ball room has brand new hardwood floors. They also updated most of the bathrooms which was a nice touch. Kimberly and Abhi did everything to make sure my day went according to plan and exactly the way I had imagined. The venue was gorgeous – from the golf course to the reception hall.

Photos
Profile Picture Sarah, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

Our wedding was three weeks ago at the Smithtown Landing Country Club, and it was amazing! Abhi and his team really made us feel special, and they were there to help us every step of the way. Abhi was so accommodating and friendly; his insights and suggestions were truly helpful! He really made sure our wedding day was perfect!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ahbi and the rest of the staff left no detail undone. Could not have asked for a more special perfect day. People are still raving about how much fin they had ans how delicious the food was .

Profile Picture Karen, 11/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up

We worked with Kim all leading up to the wedding who was a calming, flexible, and positive force. My husband and I are both vegan so picking a venue that could successfully create and accommodate an entirely vegan menu was a top priority and concern for us. We created a vegan menu and proposed it to them and they embraced it and rose to the challenge and wildly surpassed our expectations in terms of presentation and taste from cocktail hour fare to reception. Our guests were blown away with the flavor, and as a result many have a very different perspective on "vegan food" and are much more open and eager to try it as a result of the taste and variety the chef prepared for our wedding. Steve was our maitre d and was just incredible. We had a variety of extenuating circumstances arise throughout the day, and Steve was extremely attentive, calming, and helpful in navigating through all of them and doing everything in his power to not let them damper our day. My only constructive feedback is that my bridal attendant Pat was MIA most of the day, and in speaking with another person who was married at Smithtown Landing earlier that month she had the same feedback with regard to that particular bridal attendant. But if that's my only complaint I'll take it, just keep that in mind and make sure your bridal party/family are around and aware of tasks to assist to offset that. We wholeheartedly recommend Smithtown Landing. It is a stunning yet simple venue set in the woods so perfect for fall weddings if you'd like fall foliage in your photos.

Profile Picture Gregory, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Uncovered Outdoor

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about the Smithtown Landing Country Club. I had my wedding there on 7/8/2017. They went above and beyond for my wedding day. I am so happy that we selected this venue. The food was incredible (everyone at my wedding RAVED about the food that night and the days after) and the service was perfect. They personally attended to my family members in wheel chairs and had health needs. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing and it was amazing! The staff was available and helpful every minute of the night. Everything was setup exactly how we wanted it to be prior to cocktail hour. Kim and Abhi were so helpful with the planning of the wedding. Pat, the bridal attendant, helped us all night and even helped with the bustle of my dress. She's a sweetheart. Joe, the Matrie D, was incredible. He remembered every detail that we requested. Gene and Whitney were awesome bartenders and were very friendly. The food was delicious! Guests were extremely impressed with cocktail hour. There was so much food that one guest from another state thought cocktail hour was the dinner. When he got his actual dinner, he was pleasantly surprised. We took beautiful pictures at the venue. We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for weddings and other events!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Smithtown Landing in April 2017. Everything about the day exceeded our expectations. There was a ton of food and it was all delicious. During the planning process there were also many food options to choose from. All of the staff at the venue are very easy to work with. They are flexible and very friendly. We were especially impressed with the staff on the wedding day. Many of our guests even commented afterwards how pleasant and professional they were. The venue itself is also very nice and the vendors we worked with in the wedding package were generally good.

We highly recommend Smithtown Landing for your wedding day!

-K & T

Profile Picture Karen, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter decided to have an impromptu wedding and gave me two weeks to put together a wedding of her dreams. I could not have done this without the help of Abhi Mukherjee, General Manager Smithtown Landing Country Club, and their exceptional staff, and maitre'd Joe. Abhi was on point following up with all my requests. The food was exceptional and plentiful, and all the guest had a great time. Thank you Abhi for making my daughter's dream come true!

Profile Picture User7913869, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had an engagement party for our son . It was perfection, simply amazing. It was all about the staff. There was a sweet 16 prior to our party which ended at 4, our party started at 5. I didn't know if they would be able to transform the room but they did and they did it beautifully. The maître d Joe did such a awesome job, I did nothing but enjoy myself and my guest. He was so thoughtful and had his eye on everything. We had a guest (grandpa) go to another table to chat and Joe found where he was sitting and brought his meal to him. We had another guest arrive late, 3 hrs. and he kept the food out for him. Everything from start to finish was perfection. Even the bartender went out of his way to get special beer for us. Michelle was also very helpful in setting the whole party up. It was a pleasure to work with her. Staff was very respectful and treated us all like we were the guest of honor. The room was beautiful and would love to go back for another party.

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Smithtown Landing for our venue and they were perfect. They respond to email very quickly and asked us for all the necessary questions and always went above and beyond to be helpful.

The day of, it was flawless, they totally delivered on our vision, Joe was our maitre D and coordinated all vendors very well (we did not have a day of coordinator) and Rose was my bridal attendant and she was very attentive especially to my family. It was a nice touch to have her as she is French and was able to get my family who is also french everything they needed in their home language.

The appetizers are great and the food is very good. Everyone got their dish cooked as requested and they dealt with my friends many requests (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, vanilla alergies, etc)

They are priced competitively as we picked them out of 150 vendors and would recommend them to anyone.

Small minus, as other mentioned, the bathrooms that are not great but everything else was above and beyond

Profile Picture User3410038, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love this place....Not only were the grounds beautiful but the food was amazing and the staff were top notch. I had the pleasure of dealing with Rich and I can't say enough nice things about him. He was always so helpful and we never felt like we were dealing with a used car salesman when negotiating the price. On our wedding day Rich had the day off but still stopped by to make sure everything was to our liking. Our banquet manager Joe was so sweet and attentive. Our guest still rave about the food and venue of our wedding and its been two years. Amazing

Profile Picture User4142557, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Smithtown Landing went above and beyond from beginning to end. From the very first time we went there, Rich made us feel so at ease and wanted to do whatever it was they could to make our day important and also work within our budget. Each time we had a question, not only did they answer it with professionalism and in a timely manner, but they would also recommend or offer additional touches or services they could offer. From Rich, Debbie, and the management team, right up to the maître di and bridal attendant, Smithtown Landing was phenomenal all around. The ONE criticism I would say, if you are VERY picky, was the fact that their bathrooms are not the nicest... but for the value, it was no big deal.

Profile Picture Dana, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about Rich, Debbie and the entire Staff at Smithtown Landing Country Club. From our very first meeting, every request that we made was lived up to. At times, we thought we were asking for something a little over the top and Rich's answer was always "no problem." Rich and Debbie met with us numerous times before the wedding and were amazing in answering all of our questions and easing all of our concerns.
On the wedding day the entire staff was nothing short of perfect. As the bride, I was assigned an assistant to help me throughout the entire day. She made sure I had everything I needed at all times and was understanding and helpful throughout the entire affair. When my bustle came out she was right there to fix it! The host for the party was also really great. He made sure we were where we needed to be and doing what we needed to do. He even told my husband to put his tuxedo coat on a few times so that he would look perfect for a picture opportunity that would be coming up. It is small details like these that which can be easily overlooked but truly make the whole experience better.
Our reception was really amazing. The food was incredible and we loved how extra servings were served by the waiters. Drinks were also great and they were brought to the guests so that no one had to stand at the bar and wait.
We used 3 spaces at Smithtown Landing for the wedding and each one was beautifully set up. The staff really did a wonderful job of making sure everything was perfect throughout the entire affair. I just cannot say enough great things. You really should consider Smithtown Landing for your wedding... We loved it!

Profile Picture Liza, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rich and his team at Smithtown Landing are the best there is! Everything about our wedding at Smithtown Landing was amazing. From the beginning Rich gave us a good feeling. Unlike many other vendors we met with, Rich was the only one willing to give us what we wanted instead of the regular catering hall wedding. He was able to give us ideas and help us to individualize our reception and make it feel unique. We had wanted a beach wedding on Long Island, which is very expensive and out of reach. Rich helped us to create the beach wedding vibe at a country club on a golf course. Also, Rich and his team are very attentive. Every time we called or e-mailed, we got a response within the day. They are very flexible as well. All of our needs were catered to! The food was excellent, everything was delicious! The hot dog truck at the American station turned out to be quite the hit! Our guests were still talking about it the next day.

Profile Picture User3365761, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

As you prepare to look for halls and venues for your wedding remember one thing, service is KEY. After seeing over 9 LOCATIONS we went to Smithtown Landing. Within seconds Rich offered us a drink and something to eat, HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID THAT. He was responsive in my wife's emails and we were never worried and peace of mind is PRICELESS. We had a TON of little requests and all were handled without fail. Debbie did a wonderful job in letting us know all the updates about the reception. We asked for a special keg and diffrent wine and Rich got it and we were HAPPY. I can not stress the importance of service. The room was decorated EXACTLY how we wanted. The food was AMAZING make sure you also ask for an ice cream bar!! I will recomend Smithtown Landing, Rich and Debbie for ANY EVENT AND OCCASION.

Chad Ross

Profile Picture Chad, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rich and the staff at Smithtown Landing were awesome. They made my whole day come together just like I hoped it would. Everything was beautiful and everyone raved at how much they enjoyed the food and service!!

Profile Picture Erica, 9/15/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Lessings team at Smithtown Landing is just top notch! Our wedding day was everything we dreamed, absolutely seamless, and perfect in every way - all thanks to them! They were on top of things before we even had to mention them, and accommodated our every request or need. The venue itself is a cozy yet elegant feel, the food was scrumptious, the staff perfect beyond words, and the price - oh so nice! We were both from NY originally, but live in SC now. When we decided to have our wedding back in NY, we were anxious about the hurdles involved in planning a wedding from a distance away - Rich & his team made that a non-issue. They were there to help us every step of the way, and to offer other professionals they could highly recommend, at times when we weren't sure who to turn to (hair, makeup, rentals, transportation, etc). There was no request that they didn't happily oblige, and they even helped us think through ideas so we could envision the end result vividly. We felt like we could include them as part of our "family" on a very special and most important day. I would recommend this venue to anyone, for any catered affair - big or small. Warmest regards -

Profile Picture Mystina, 9/1/12, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you want the Perfect Wedding than go to the Perfect Venue, Smithtown Landing Country Club, from the onset Rich Laurelli and his team were the best! Their professionalism shines through in everything that they do. We were impressed to say the least with the job that they did on our wedding. The day was Perfect, the food delicious, the guest accommodated in every way. We have received emails, cards and messages from our guest. Our guest describe our wedding using words like, Fabulous, Perfect, Amazing, Wonderful, Magnificent, Outstanding, Off the Hook and the BOMB. I was so pleased and happy, and my husband was astounded by what an amazingly perfect day it turned out to be. Rich, we thank you so much and Smithtown Landing Country club you have not seen the last of the McDougans! We could not have selected a better venue for the most important day of our lives...Our Wedding day!

Profile Picture Carol, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I loved the location, the lush green golf course. The food was amazing the staff was so friendly and efficient. Joe was outstanding in his service and attention to detail. I loved dealing with Rich and he always knew the right answer to any of my questions. The staff at smithtown landing made my wedding my dream wedding.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 5/27/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Rich at SLCC is amazing. They are very attentive and it was a stress free event from start to finish with all the help they provide. Joe the maitre d was on point, he set up everything perfectly for our big day. The food was delicious and was exactly the same taste as we sampled in the trial!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/12/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would 100% recommend Smithtown Landing CC to anyone. I can not tell you how amazing the staff is to work with, the food.... SO DELICIOUS!!!! If you want to have the perfect wedding, Smithtown Landing CC is where you want to be. The entire planning process with Rich, Deb and Jackie was effortless, and on the day of it was magic. Joe and Pat on the day of worked so above and beyond, I could not have made it through without them. All of my guest cant stop talking about how nice everyone was and how delicious the food was. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Jaime , 3/23/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot even BEGIN to explain my absolute pleasure it was to have had my ceremony at this gorgeous location. Rich was a joy to work with and was there through all my planning for any questions or concerns I had along the way. He was genuinely kind and never pushy with the services they could provide. Joe was also exceptional on the day of - his demeanor kept me totally at ease which I feel is EXTREMELY important on your wedding day. It's an extraordinary privilege to have had the chance to work with them and have shared the most beautiful day of my life at their establishment. I could not have been happier. ~Michele & Eric

Profile Picture MICHELE, 3/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

OH MY GOD! I brought my mother with me for my first meeting with Rich. When we drove up to Landing, I liked what I saw. I thought the lobby was quaint and adorable. Rich showed us the grounds, gave us a full tour of the ceremony spots and cocktail hour rooms, and I liked it even more. Then Rich takes us into the main reception room - the Merrywood Cottage - and I fell in love! This place offered everything we wanted - a great dance floor, amazing view, beautiful atmosphere, and most importantly, AWESOME price! I bugged DH to go back with me all that week. We finally went back and he fell in love with Rich as much as I did. Rich is just so laid back, and so easy to work with! Debbie is a sweetheart too! We booked on the spot.

Every time we went back to Landing for a payment, showcase, or tasting, we felt more content with our choice. We met more staff members each time and everyone was very accommodating! Each visit, they made us more comfortable!

On the day of, EVERY need was met! Rich and Debbie were amazing, we felt like we knew them forever! Joe, our Maitre'D, and Patti, my bridal attendant, watched my every move (but not in an annoying way, they kept enough distance to make sure I was not smothered), and made sure I was completely pampered! I hit my head getting into the limo and smeared makeup on my dress. Well, before we made it up the stairs, Patti had club soda, ready to help me clean up the blemish! At all times, they had water on hand to make sure I wasn't too thirsty, and they offered food and snacks at all times to make sure I wasn't hungry! This kind of behavior can really spoil a girl!! HAHA!!

Just before the cocktail hour ended, Joe took us to the reception room privately, so we can see how they set up the room, and make sure everything met our expectations. Well, they far exceeded our expectations!! The room was set up beautifully! Every little detail was perfect! I really like that Joe had us look privately, we got a chance to soak everything in without being interrupted. It was great! The ceremony and reception was phenomenal! Everything went perfectly! If there were any snafus, Landing did an incredible job at hiding them from us! I already want to plan DH's 30th birthday there, just so I can have another event at Smithtown Landing!

Profile Picture nicole, 8/26/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Smithtown Landing is such a beautiful place to have a Wedding. My husband and I are pretty laid back people so we wanted to keep things simple but elegant. We had both our ceremony and reception at SLCC. Rich and Debbie were so great working with us to plan the wedding. They made everything so stress free and fun. They offer a few options for your ceremony and cocktail hour, which is great. We were married outside overlooking the trees and river and had the cocktail hour in the room right off the area.The food was delicious, I received many, many, many compliments in regards to the cocktail hour food. The service was great all around.

Profile Picture Sara, 8/6/11, 3 Reviews