Smells Like Peonies Events Reviews

8 | Myrtle Beach, SC

8 Reviews for Smells Like Peonies Events

• Bridgette

Bridgette · Married on 09/07/2019

Fabulous! Amazing! Wonder Woman!

I don't even know where to begin. Gigi, her husband and her assistant were beyond amazing. Beyond anything I could have ever asked for. Our original wedding was scheduled for 9/7/19 in Murrells Inlet. On 9/1/19 there was a mandatory evacuation order due to Hurricane Dorian. I was devastated. Gigi literally had my entire wedding rescheduled for 11/2/19 in less than 3 hours. I am serious! It was Labor Day weekend and a Sunday and she was able to contact each vendor, have a conversation with them and secure our new date in November. She made this extremely stressful and disappointing time into the best situation it could be. I barely lifted a finger for his massive change.

On our big day in November everything was perfect. Really! I know little things will always go wrong or not as planned but as the bride, I had no idea and that was what I wanted. It was all thanks to Gigi and her staff. She becomes a part of your family and friends. Someone that you want in your life long after your wedding.

Gigi is extremely organized, easy to get in touch with, always on time. She will keep your day running smoothly and keep all your vendors in check. She is no nonsense when it comes to your day. She is nothing short of amazing. You will love her.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Abby · Married on 07/01/2019

Wedding WOW!

Hire them! Hire them! Hire them!
    The Smells Like Peonies Event Team will NOT disappoint you. I planned a wedding in less than three months with the owner, Gigi, and she went above and beyond to ensure my wedding dream was achieved. When I say “above and beyond”, I mean she treated my wedding day, like it was her sister's wedding day. She was in contact with me all through-out the day, taking care of the things that I had no idea would need to be accomplished, items that you just can't task to your maid-of-honor the day of. But before, I dive into that let me tell you how she helped sculpt my vision.
    All girls have been dreaming of their wedding day, since they were a child. We all have Pinterest Boards of what we hope to have on our special day. Often our childhood dream and Pinterest Board have clashing ideas, yet we think a chandelier at the altar on a deserted island will work because it’s OUR day. Or at least I did! Gigi genuinely took the time to listen to all of my ideas, the dream I’ve envisioned and created since I was sixteen. She didn't once impose her ideas or the current trend in wedding magazines, she helped sculpt my vision honoring my culture, family, and religion while accounting our timeline. She was by my side to help plan for my wedding down to every detail; in less than three months.
    She was in constant communication with me throughout the entire planning process. And, when I forgot, she remembered! I never once had to follow up with her concerning a task. The day of the wedding, she handled every “last minute”, every “oops”, and everything in between. For example, the morning of, she went to Stella Nova, the salon for the bridal party, and prepped all of our refreshments and bridal gifts. The salon didn’t have ice for the champagne to chill with, so she ran to the grocery store and still created a beautiful presentations before the bridal party and I arrived.
    But that is not all, at the reception venue, R Kitchen, the air conditioning system failed. Did I mention our wedding was in July? In Charleston? Gigi, the wedding planner, quickly found a solution to accommodate all of our guests on the hot, humid summer night. She is literally, Wonderwoman!!
    She has followed up with me after the wedding many times, to ensure I’ve received the services from vendors such as my photographer and just to see how married life is treating us. I promise you, Gigi at Smells Like Peonies Events, will make your wedding personal and treat you, the bride, as if you were her sister. Gigi at Smells Like Peonies Events is truly passionate about seeing your day through and making it unforgettable!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Niki · Married on 05/11/2019

Gigi and her team were excellent! Her attention to details made my wedding venue stunning! I totally trusted her judgment even when I felt really sold on things being a certain way. Even when it came down to the final moments of the week, she was working to make the whole theme look uniform and classy. She completely created the wedding of my dreams! Because she and her team were in charge of helping me choose flowers from breaking down at the end of the night, she made the day a fairytale! She was a pleasure to work with and eased all my worries about he day going smoothly. She also was fairly priced, and went above and beyond to make me happy! She was professional and has fantastic taste. I wish I could do more to tell her how grateful I am for how special my day turned out due to her hard work and personal dedication to me as her client!

Sent on 01/30/2017
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/30/2017

Gigi did an amazing job putting together our very big wedding. She did not force her own agenda on me at all, but she guided me when she knew best. The result was perfection! She is super on top of everything, and made it easy for me to relax and enjoy the day knowing she had it all covered. She even accommodated me after I moved to Germany, planning the wedding from overseas on Skype. She is so reliable and kind. I cannot imagine a better planner. Thank you so much, Gigi!

Sent on 10/18/2017

brittany · Married on 09/25/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner! If it wasn't for her, our wedding day wouldn't have turned out as beautiful. Gigi made sure everything ran smoothly and it was a stress free day. Gigi and her team are so professional and helpful! Anytime we had questions, she got back to us right away. She went above and beyond for us and truly cares about her couples. I would highly recommend her for anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Lindsay · Married on 07/03/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Smells Like Peonies Events. Gigi and her team are the absolute best! She was a pleasure to work with and she made our wedding planning an incredible and stress-free experience. Having a planner was the best decision I’ve made for my wedding! Thanks again!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Emily · Married on 12/31/2015

Very professional and a pleasure to work with! GigI has amazing taste and coordinates it to the venue perfectly. I told her our vision for the day and what we wanted to spend and she nailed it. I felt very comfortable leaving decisions up to her and trusting her judgement on things when I couldn't be there to pick them myself. She would sent me pictures of my options and give me suggestions on which would work best and with her opinions it all came together better than I could have ever imagined. I walked in on the wedding day and just started crying over how well it all came together and looked like a fairytale. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome of that day.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Smells Like Peonies Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review! Thank you for trusting me as your wedding planner! It was a pleasure to work with you and Adam! You guys are amazing! :)

Gigi from Smells Like Peonies Events made my wedding very special! We had a lot of ideas about design and did much of that ourselves and she organized it in a way that we LOVED it! She was just incredible to work with! The execution on the day of our wedding was flawless, we felt very comfortable letting her and her assistants run the show. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better wedding thanks for Smells Like Peonies Events team!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Smells Like Peonies Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brittany!!! :)