Smash Events Reviews

74 | Asheville, NC

74 Reviews for Smash Events

Beverly · Married on 09/26/2015

A wedding may happen once in a life-time. It can also be the most stressful event for a couple and parents. With that said, I had no idea how much was really involved when my daughter and I began planning her wedding. Not only did she live on the other side of the country, but the wedding would be held in Asheville where neither of us lived. Smash Events handled it all so smoothly and beautifully. Even when the forecast called for torrential rain for our outdoor wedding, they calmly and smoothly controlled the changes and eased our minds. The value for their services is so much greater than what they charged. The creativity of their services is also outstanding. We simply could not have had a more beautiful event and a more easy process. They handled everything - even coordination of things they did not arrange. The food was delicious! The wedding beautiful! A more memorable event I cannot imagine. Smash Events has my gratitude and kudos for such a wonderful experience. We had their full attention from start to finish and it could not have been smoother.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Josh · Married on 07/11/2015

The taste and Quality of food was phenomenal, The Presentation of the food was extraordinary! and the Staff/service was Perfect! I would recommend Smash events to everyone I know that is getting married in the future! The Taco Bar was the perfect addtion to an already amazing day. and that was Repeated by all the guest.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/16/2015

What can you say about a person that makes your dreams come true? Ashley and her crew at Smash Events gave us a wedding beyond our wildest dreams. Smash Events provided us flowers, catered our wedding, and provided wedding planning. The flowers that Smash Events provided were stunning and unique. The food was (and still is) the talk of the town! It was all fresh, made at the wedding site, and absolutely delicious. As a wedding planner, Ashley is attentive, thorough, thoughtful, and enthusiastic and the wedding that she created for my (now) husband and I was a work of art. Throughout the year of planning, Ashley was always there for us with whatever questions that we had and she went above and beyond in the days before the wedding. As an example: Ashley and Smash Events arrived at the wedding venue (it's about an hour and a half away from her home) on Thursday (worked until about 1:30 am), came back on Friday morning, worked all day and stayed Friday night at the venue so she could get up early on Saturday and make sure everything was perfect...and it was. My advice to any couples out there looking for a wedding planner, florist, caterer, and friend...go with Ashley at Smash Events. My other piece of advice is to give her creative and artistic freedom and what you get will be beyond anything you could imagine.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Mary · Married on 05/16/2015

It was our lucky day almost a year ago when my daughter and I met this outgoing, energetic, happy young woman named Ashley from Smash Events. From the moment she walked in the door to the moment we hugged at the end of our wedding festivities she brought so much positive energy into our lives and into the wedding my daughter dreamed of. She is more then an "event planner", she is now our friend. I mention this first in my review because I think it is a rarity to finish the long, emotional process of hosting a wedding and to be able to honestly say that not only was the end result PERFECT but the process was fun, stress free and I found a new friend in the journey. There is no doubt in my mind that Ashley was born to do this....her passion, attention to detail, creative spirit, organizational skills, team building attitude and good heart set a new standard for this business. My advice to ANYONE planning ANYTHING is to bring Ashley into the process, give her space to be creative then sit back and watch the magic unfold. We did and the results exceeded anything we could imagine. If the highest rating were a 10, I would give Ashley and her Smash Events Team a 20.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Robin · Married on 05/16/2015

Any idea and dream that was posed to Smash events was jumped upon, made better, and implemented. They made it look easy, were always fun and great to get along with. They made a dream wedding even better than hoped.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/07/2014

We used Smash Events to cater our wedding and create the bouquets and boutonnieres. Ashley was amazing! The food was unbelievable and the flowers were exactly what we wanted! She and her staff were professional and courteous. Ashley listened and understood the vision we had for our wedding and was able to recommend other vendors and ideas along the way. She was always available and happy to answer questions. Our guests were extremely pleased with the food and all left the wedding happy and full! Wedding planning can be stressful and having a great person on your side is so important. Ashley made the wedding planning process easy and enjoyable for us and we would highly recommend Ashely and the Smash Events crew for any function!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Sandi · Married on 08/22/2014

Second year in a row we've used Smash Events for our corporate event and couldn't be happier. Ashley and her team were so accommodating and great to work with. Looking forward to working with them again.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Matt T. · Married on 06/14/2014

Smash Events was excellent from the start all the way to the very end. They really exhibited great organization, enthusiasm and lots of creativity! We really appreciated their ability to stay with in our budget yet still come up with SO many ways to bring elegance, class, and beauty to our wedding ceremony & reception. It was sooooooo wonderful for us not have to worry about all the details and just enjoy every second of our day and all our guests! I really was able to trust Ashley & Ashley knowing that they would get the job done with complete perfection! They really went above and beyond in all categories thinking of every detail and really capturing our vision of what we wanted everything to look like! I also need to mention that Smash Events (Ashleys x's 2) did all of this within 4 months since we wanted to get married soon after our engagement! They really are EXTREMELY talented in what they do. I would highly highly recommend them to anyone for any event especially weddings! They have the best of both worlds, creativity & organization; not to mention they are a blast to work with!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Susan · Married on 05/24/2014

We had Smash Events for our son's rehearsal dinner the night before their wedding. We wanted the dinner to be a fun and casual event, and outdoors. We put up lights, tables and chairs, and Smash Events took care of the rest. It was beyond amazing - it was magical! The food was fantastic, everyone loved it, and it was fun for guests to order their selection right from the truck. The bride and groom wanted vegetarian and Ashley worked with me to come up with a menu to fit that. For desert Smash Box had a s'mores bar. Who would have thought of something so cute and special? We had a smallish fire ring in the yard and Ashley set up everything else: a sweet little table with a vase of sticks and marshmallows, and a display of gourmet fixings.
    I think when you pick Smash Box for your event, you get more than great food, you get the whole experience, and the unique nature of it created a memorable event that all of us will cherish. I'd love to have another chance to have Smash Box for a party again!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Janara · Married on 05/10/2014

Ashley and her team were fantastic. Even though it was a rainy evening for our wedding rehearsal dinner, everyone had a great time, especially since we didn't have to leave our venue for dinner. Ashley set up the food truck early and had everything ready to go after our rehearsal. The food was wonderful and the service was great. The food was hot and tasty and several people, including me, went back for seconds. The wedding party is still talking about the BBQ sliders and fish tacos. We will definitely use Smash Events again for any future events we have in Asheville.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Traci · Married on 05/07/2014

Smash Events, Inc recently catered our Tech Show at Advanced Business Equipment. Working with Ashley was incredible she was able to help me keep within the budget I had but still provided the best food selection! The attention to detail that went into the presentation was incredible! I wish I had thought to get some pictures but everyone was too busy eating the delicious variety of food that was being served. And the best part because they are a mobile kitchen all of the food was fresh and being served as it was cooked. Everyone is still raving about how good the food was and a few of the attendees were so impressed they are looking to hire Smash Events for future catering jobs. I will definitely always use Smash Events for all of our upcoming corporate functions (and any personal functions that arise)! They are professional, friendly and the food was simply amazing!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Lisa · event on: 12/20/2013

Ashley and her team went above and beyond fabulous. The eggplant Parmesan was the best I have ever eaten. Homemade croutons and Caesar dressing for the salad was heavenly. Best catered dinner I've had the pleasure to experience.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Megan · Married on 10/12/2013

There is not enough room on one review to say how highly I would recommend Smash Box Events. Ashley and Nestor truly made our fall wedding spectacular. Ashley helped me with the planning and styling in the months leading up to the wedding and execution of all these busy wedding day details, always putting me at ease. Ashley was always 3 steps ahead of me and when I went to do something she already had it done. Many guests made special effort to tell me after the wedding how friendly the whole Smash Box crew was and little details that they went out of their way to accommodate guests on.

Nestor and the culinary team were equally as spectacular. Many friends and family said this was not only the best wedding meal they ever had, but the best steak EVER...wedding or otherwise. This is quite a feat for approximately 100 guests, all being cooked out of their mobile kitchen. Their flexibility on menu creation and tailoring it to fit our likes, culture, and budget was refreshing. I want to do it all again, just to have this meal again. The value and high quality service that Smash Box provides ensures that I will hire them again for future events!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Ning · Married on 09/29/2012

I am originally from China, so when my now husband and I got engaged, we

knew that it would be hard for most of his family to travel to our wedding there.

My mother-in-law organized a reception here in the States for members of my

husband’s family who could not attend our Chinese wedding. My mother-in-law

decided to hire an event planner to organize and design the reception, and allowed

me to make all of the decisions! Although we live in California and the reception

was to take place on the East Coast, Ashley was able to understand and execute

all of my ideas and even added special touches that we didn’t even discuss! On the

day of our reception, everything ran perfectly according to the timeline we had

written, and if anything went wrong, my family, as well as my guests, were blissfully

unaware. Talking to her via phone and email, I could tell that she was clearly

passionate about what she does, and her stunning design and attention to detail

at my reception were true reflections of that passion. I highly recommend Ashley

Teran and her team!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2012

*I hired Smash Events for a dinner reception that I was planning for my son in Coral Gables, Florida. Since his future wife was from China, I wanted the event to have a subtle Asian flair knowing that her family would be traveling to the states from China for the event. I thought this would be tricky knowing the dinner was going to be held in an Italian restaurant. I discussed this with Ashley, the design coordinator, and just sat back and let her do her creative "magic."
    *Ashley took care of every single detail. First, she designed gorgeous invitations which she printed, addressed and mailed. Then, she selected the Italian Restaurant and worked closely with the restaurant manager, making sure to stay within my budget. She selected all the menu items, from soup to nuts, including the wine and drink selections. Ashley also made a lovely dessert table which included an assortment of delicious Italian pastries and cookies and beautiful custom made fortune cookies. She also ordered a lovely 3-tier cake she personally designed with a charming Asian motif.
    *The tables were also decorated with an Asian flair with lanterns and flowers and coordinating linen. Each guest received a set of custom designed chopsticks marking the occasion. Her decor ideas were creative and professional and simply stunning. She went above and beyond my expectations.
    *Ashley even made all the travel arrangements for our out of town guests, as well, making sure they had a "welcome" basket waiting for them when they arrived at their hotel.   She also had my "Mother of the Groom" toast translated into Mandarin out of courtesy and respect for the bride's family who spoke little, if any, English.
    *Everyone had a wonderful time...especially me...all I had to do was sit back and enjoy...watching my son and his bride celebrate their happiness with family and friends...

Sent on 01/16/2014

Rosie · event on: 07/28/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Smash Events, Inc. and the amazing 1st birthday party they created for my daughter, Olivia. From my very first interaction with Smash Events, I got a sense of their excitement and desire to really create a spectacular event for us. Ashley sat down with me in the beginning wanting to hear what I had in mind for the event but was then able to come up with so many extra details and ideas that I could have never conjured up on my own!

The end result was a memorable 1st birthday party that truly “wowed” not only the guests but me and my husband as well! The party was absolutely gorgeous and their attention to detail was impeccable. From the homemade centerpieces to the cupcake toppers, and the presentation of the customized dessert bar – it was all completely breathtaking. The catering they provided for the customized burrito bar was phenomenal and received RAVE reviews from several of my friends whose palates are normally pretty hard to impress. On top of all that, their catering prices were way less than what we were quoted from other caterers in town AND their price included having an onsite chef & staff who served our guests!

I am so grateful for the staff at Smash Events, Inc. for putting so much time, effort and love into this event. They were completely professional yet personable from start to finish and were able to take care of all of the details as well as interactions with other vendors so that I didn’t have to! I was able to relinquish all responsibility of planning a party of such magnitude to these guys with complete confidence. Thank you guys SO much for everything!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Ellen · Married on 03/18/2012

(almost) Literally from soup to nuts! We used Smash for wedding planning (Dominque was a delight, professional, supportive and detailed: she made it seem like nothing was too much to ask and...we asked-lol), florals and food. The pricing was excellent and we got great value for our money. The florals were exactly what we wanted at a great price. The food was interesting, delicious and won rave reviews at great pricing. Even the food truck got raves from guests who said things like, "This was the best quesadilla" we ever had. I asked the chef what made the food so special and they said they even make their own spices! I cannot say enough great things about this company and how I felt they took such good care of the wedding party and guests. They did not miss a trick...as I said, "from soup to nuts!"

Sent on 08/26/2017
  • Lindsay & Andrew

Lindsay A. · Married on 05/15/2010

An Awesome Experience

As a DJ company, we work hundreds of weddings and events each year and Dominique and the team at Smash Events has always stood out to us as being one of the best. They are always organized, communicative, and helpful! We’re always excited when we get to work with them as we know it’s going to be a wonderful experience for both us and our clients. We highly recommend them! We hope to continue to have more incredible weddings and events with them in the future!

~ Carolina DJ Professionals!

Sent on 05/12/2020

Grace · Married on 08/12/2017

I really couldn’t say enough about Smash’s food. I tried their chicken and waffles (served bite-size, with syrup already infused into the waffle, and PLANTAINS???) in our tasting and was immediately sold. The menu they brought to our wedding itself was just as good. We had many, many guests come up to us to tell us how good the food was, and that they had never had anything this good at a wedding before. We ended up with very few leftovers - not because Smash didn’t cook enough, but because many of our guests found themselves going back for seconds and thirds! We looked at LOTS of catering companies before deciding, and Smash blew our expectations out of the water for the quality we could afford on our limited budget.

Beyond the food though, we also found Smash to be amazingly accommodating in going along with our vision for an atypical wedding dinner. We wanted an upscale picnic, where guests could grab multiple items on their way to a picnic blanket and enjoy sophisticated hot foods instead of just cold sandwiches and salads. Smash creatively invented a menu, portion sizing, and packaging that would fit this concept AND accommodate a long list of dietary restrictions among our guests, and their gourmet s’mores were the perfect conclusion to our meal.

We also hired Smash for coordination, and Dominique was incredibly helpful. We did most of the planning ourselves, but she gave great advice along the way. She then made magic happen with the boxes of decor we dropped off and executed a perfect wedding day where we didn’t have to worry about a thing, even as last-minute adjustments were made to accommodate the weather. We really felt like she understood and owned our vision for a casual picnic-with-a-ceremony-in-the-middle.

Sent on 08/20/2017
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 05/05/2018

Ashley did my flowers for the wedding while Dominique & Fasetta were my planners. I highly recommend their services. I wish I also did my catering through them as well. So professional & they made such an effort to make sure everything went according to plan.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

Testimonial for Smash Events
    My now-husband and I hired Smash Events for wedding coordination, décor, and floral services and we couldn’t be happier with the results. We had a particularly complex event with close to 300 for a headcount, friends stepping in where vendors should normally be, and held over a weekend in a remote location with no internet signal or cell service. Dominique and Ashley managed to seamlessly orchestrate the entire event exactly as we’d planned.
    Ashley captured our vision for decorations and flower arrangement perfectly, despite my indecisiveness in the face of what seemed like a daunting number of options. At a certain point, I realized I could just trust her creative instincts and simply told her “Do what you think is best, I trust you.” Her talent is truly astounding, and she worked like a dog, all day and late into the night, in the summer heat, while 8 months pregnant, and danced while she did it!
    Dominique managed to wrangle our huge wedding party and guests and everything unfolded according to plan. She was always right where she needed to be, and we used a system of walkie-talkies across the expansive property with no cell service. When I realized I didn’t have deodorant right before the wedding, she had brought some! She gave me a last-minute emergency kit that had a ton of stuff that came in handy, and she even gave us a very sweet and thoughtful gift for our wedding (our first Christmas ornament as a married couple). She dealt with our constant emails, massive to-do lists, and general confusion about everything with complete confidence and clarity. To be completely honest, we hired her for day-of coordination but what she delivered was nearly full wedding coordination.
    Of everything we paid for that was wedding-related, it was the best money we spent, and it was a FANTASTIC deal compared to what others offered.

Sent on 11/28/2016

We would have been lost without Ashley. At first we were concerned we wouldn't be able to afford her, being on a very tight budget and paying for everything ourselves...but that is exactly her job, to help us have the wedding we want within the means available. Now we have a beautiful day planned and the stress level is minimal. Thanks Ash!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Laura · Married on 10/04/2014

4.2

I used Smash for our day-of coordinator, caterer, and rentals.

Smash worked with me a lot to make sure I stayed within budget but still had all the things we wanted for our big day. During this initial quote period, Ashley was quick to respond and I felt that our event was a priority. Closer to my wedding day, the response time got much slower. It seemed as though they might have been over-committed between their food truck obligations and their special catering events because it seemed every time we met, they had to change the time because another opportunity came up.

I handed over all my planning materials including a detailed timeline that Smash had seen weeks in advance. Other than my marriage itself, this was the most important part of my wedding, and unfortunately, it was not completely adhered to. Some of our guests ended up leaving before dinner was served because they had gotten so far behind schedule. The guests that did have dinner had great things to say about the taste of the food!

They were two major snafus in the rentals. The chairs we wanted were already booked, but Ashley did everything she could to get us a great replacement. Although it was a highly stressful day figuring that out, she did a great job handling the situation and worked with the rental company and my venue to ensure they were delivered at a special time. The second issue came from an error in the rental invoicing and delivery. We had requested mugs for coffee and hot apple cider service, but that was overlooked by the rental company and Ashley did not catch this mistake. Because of this, our guests interested in these piping hot beverages ended up drinking them out of water goblets.

Ashley did do a great job, on the day of, setting up the reception space. She put together the tablecloths, napkins, candles, and flowers into a great composition. Even when her staff misunderstood the overall table arrangements, she was quick to fix the problem. She has a great eye for decoration

Sent on 11/29/2014

3.0
      3.0
      1.0

Not impressed

So disappointed. 2 weeks prior to the wedding they contacted the bride wanting to rearrange the full wedding setup because they didn’t feel they could flip the venue from a simple wedding setup to 12 tables in an hour even though we provided all of the manpower. Thank heavens for our wedding planner who brought reason to the situation. But yet 2 days before the wedding again the bride was contacted saying yet another change needed to be made because they failed to inform her of additional charges even though the contract had been signed! The food was good but the person handling the event lacked experience and professionalism. Not impressed.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Smash Events's reply:

Hi Nancy,

I checked my emails and don’t seem to have any record of correspondence with you. It seems your review is based on information and feelings ascertained from those involved in the planning process and not from your direct dealings with Smash or myself.

In the year leading up to the wedding, the bride and I exchanged many emails. I was always quick to reply with thorough responses to her questions. Your review of “below average” on responsiveness is not accurate.

Regarding the flip of the room, I had one conversation with the bride during which I explained the challenges of a flip in such a short amount of time, but that we were willing to do whatever she’d like. In no way was I adamant that we do things my way. It is my job to explain possible challenges to my clients. She seemed receptive to my alternate suggestion, but shortly thereafter, I received a call from her planner, who explained that they did in fact want to move forward with the room flip. Although the planner agreed that the flip was not ideal, we both agreed that honoring the bride’s vision was important, and in a email to the bride, I explained that and not a word more was said to try to change the plan. Having the manpower to help flip the room was great, and we accomplished it, happily, within the time set before us.

As for the additional issue with the napkins, we outsource this part of our service and did not see the cost of the upgraded napkins until two days before the event. Event rental companies are running with reduced staff due to covid and getting info in a timely fashion has been challenging. When we saw the increased price, I immediately called the bride and gave her the option of sticking with the upgraded linen, or moving to a lower-priced option. She seemed to be fine with the change. Rarely these things happen but this issue shouldn’t speak to the professionalism of the company. This was not a case of me trying to receive more money or change the price after a contract was signed.

As for the execution of the event, everything went extremely smoothly. We got rave reviews on the food, the set up of the doughnut station, and the late night food truck service.

The mother of the bride came into our kitchen area to tell us how wonderful everything was. During the flip, the planner said that they were very happy despite the issue with the napkin. Throughout the evening, I checked with the bride and groom several times and each time they remarked on how great everything was. Considering the hours of work and care that go into executing our events from start to finish, to see such a poor review from someone with whom we had no direct contact is very disconcerting to say the least. And the fact that such a poor review is coming at a time when our small business is suffering greatly due to the pandemic is unfortunate to see as well.

Reviews are everything in this business. My hope is any prospective clients who may see this review will also take the time to read the countless other 5 star reviews here, and understand that the feelings expressed in this particular review are not the norm, and certainly not the feelings that were expressed to us at the event by the wedding planner and the client. 😊