Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center Reviews

118 | Swannanoa, NC

118 Reviews for Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center

nicole · Married on 04/26/2013

Everything was perfect! Thanks so much! It was more perfect then I even imagined it would be!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Claire · Married on 03/30/2013

We had a wonderful wedding at Sleepy Hollow. It was great to have all of our out of town guests staying at the inn with us. All of our requests were met and we had the flexibility to personalize our wedding to make it just the way we wanted.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Tim and Claire! What a lovely wedding. Your colors you chose for your wedding just popped and it showed in the photos. Wish you the best and hope to see you both again soon.
    Danrae & Staff at Sleepy Hollow

They did an awesome job of taking care of me and my entire family the entire weekend. It was just a relief not to have to worry about all the little details. I couldn't have found a better venue for the family oriented wedding we wanted.

Sent on 05/27/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Kelly and David: It was our absolute pleasure to work with you and your families for your Special Day. What a perfect May day for a wedding!!! We thank you for being so easy to work with and enjoyable to be around. Best wishes to the both of you for a furture together filled with happiness! Be sure to keep in touch :)

Heather · Married on 08/30/2014

We wanted to thank you for an absolutely beautiful wedding. Danielle was great and the staff was very accommodating and easy to work with. I would recommend this location to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/23/2013

This site was spectacular for our wedding weekend. The best way to sum it up would be accessible, accommodating, and amazing from the personal touches to the responsiveness of the wedding planner. Having the all-inclusive package, including wedding weekend lodging, just made it so much easier and vendor recommendations were easy to obtain for anything not included. Danielle and Danrae did a fabulous job making us feel we were the only wedding they were working on and gave us their utmost time and attention to detail and questions from start to finish!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Jessica & Derek,
    Thank you for the nice review. We wish the very best future together and hope you had a wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii.
    Sincerely,
    Danrae , Danielle and Staff at Sleepy Holow

Brittany · Married on 08/14/2016

Danielle was amazing. She tended to my every need and kept me from stressing as much! Everything was beautiful and nicely kept. They did an amazing job!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Brittany for your kind review, much appreciated. Wish you a wonderful future together.

Carmen · Married on 11/01/2014

We had our wedding here with only 2 months notice and everything went off flawlessly! We enjoyed having everyone stay right there with us and the price included an officiant, flowers, decorations, a cake, a dj, and the reception! They were great to work with and replied almost immediately to all of my questions!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Sleepy Hollow is the perfect setting for your wedding or event, it's quaint, beautiful, and have all the amenities you need right there on the grounds. Danielle, the wedding planner, is a joy to work with, responsive, creative, and so much fun. I highly recommend this venue for your next event.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Kelly Lou · Married on 10/24/2015

My October wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center was absolutely perfect!! I loved having everything together in one package so that on the day of my wedding I did not have to deal with several different vendors but instead just Danielle the wedding planner. Danielle was great and I do not think that I would have had the perfect day without her! She really allowed me to enjoy my special day while she took care of all of the details! Additionally, I would like to say that the food that we had at the reception (which was included in our wedding package) was exceptional. We had so many of our guests rave about the food and one guest say that it was the best food he has EVER had at a wedding. Overall, my experience with Sleepy Hollow was great and I am so happy that I made the decision to let them help me with my special day!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Leslie · Married on 05/17/2014

3.5

Sleepy Hollow provided a beautiful venue, amazing services and vendor options and the wedding planner Danielle was a joy to work with. She went above and beyond to personalize everything for our day, was responsive to our questions, always cheerful, highly organized, and gave us a dream wedding day with no hassle or stress. I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow as the venue for your wedding.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Leslie for your kind review. We wish you a wonderful future together . Your wedding was beautiful.

Cherish · Married on 12/02/2017

Great Venue for our Christmas themed wedding! The owner and wedding planning team were AWESOME! Everything I ask for was taken care of in good time. The wedding planner Danielle that comes with the wedding package is GREAT! She goes out of her way to make sure things are taken care of and look the way you want! When we starting on the wedding venue selection journey one of the biggest things that stood out about Sleepy Hollow was that they allowed you to have input on how you wanted things. The rules and regulations on what you could bring on your own were very lenient versus some other venues where you just had to use their vendors or their items at a very high cost. The owners are very nice and it is very important to them that things go as you want them too! The Inn is very clean and unique. The DJ that comes with the venue did a great job as well! He went by the guidelines laid out and kept everything fun! The music during the ceremony works, however is ran by the wedding venue team and not as professional quality. I wanted the song that the wedding party walked down to, played out completely, instead that just chopped it off and started my entry song. Be sure to be more specific with direction for ceremony music just to ensure it is how you like! The photographer is the owner and she is very nice! She takes TONS of photos which is great so you can see all aspects of the wedding. The one thing I would suggest is that you come with a specific list of what you want for your photos as she does not direct you on which photos to get. (For example, I wanted a picture with my mother in law, my sister in laws, groomsmen, etc) and didn't get them. I had so much going on, I didn't think to ask. I suggest making a list, or having someone there calling the shots so you ensure you get everything you want. Lighting was an issue as well as I had a night wedding, however I did get enough good pictures that i can lighten up. I appreciate everything!

Sent on 01/07/2018

K · Married on 10/06/2018

We had a terrific experience at Sleepy Hollow! It’s a lovely facility and the owners and staff were very professional.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Kate and John, thank you for your kind review, it was much appreciated. Hope you have a wonderful future together.

3.0

We hosted a wedding for @75 attendees. After viewing several potential sites, we concluded that the Sleepy Hollow Inn had several advantages. First, it is among the areas most affordable venue. The all inclusive packages are sure to meet your needs. The 'packages' include the full use of the Inn for two nights. In addition to saving money on rooms, it allows your closest friends and family to stay on-site and relax. If you're a fan of Victorian Era turn of the century homes, this is the place for you. To summarize:

Pros: Affordability, lovely Inn and grounds, Danielle is EXCELLENT, inclusion of the rooms in the package, quality of the vendor recommendations - all were excellent.

Areas that could be improved:
    Responsiveness - there was a large muddy area near the entrance to the bridge that was caused by cars driving on the wet grass. We made a simple request more than 24 hours before the ceremony asking that the caretaker rake it down and cover it with straw/hay as it was an eyesore. We were assured it could be done. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Dress - while the reception was fairly casual, we did not expect any of the staff to be in jeans.

Photography policy - all packages include a line item of @ $800 for photography which is done by Danrae, the owner of Sleepy Hollow. While her work is lovely, some may want to consider an outside vendor as we did. We simply felt his portfolio was a bit more aligned with our vision. Unfortunately, there is no 'credit' if you elect to hire your own photographer you're essentially forced to pay twice. This is a unique 'rule' as you are not forced to use any other 'recommended' vendors.

Notwithstanding the areas of improvement, Sleepy Hollow is an excellent venue that we would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Dear Jenna and Will. I'm glad that over all you were pleased with your experience at Sleepy Hollow. You will be happy to know that I have taken myself out of the packages "photography". Before I made this change, I made it very clear that the photography is the only vendor that cannot be adjusted price wise as my time is basically all that is involved. I covered this in all appointments. Most persons love my work and are sad to see this part eliminated. I'm still available but for a price as all other photographers charge for their work. The pricing has not changed either . Note we have not had a price increase in over three years. The caretaker, whom is also the owner and my husband wears jeans during maintenance because he was working in the mud and he could not fix the fact that it had rained for two weeks. He did his very best with all the rain that had fallen and with persons whom ran cars through the lawn tearing it up. He misunderstood what area you were talking about. The rain has stopped and the area has dried up. You had a beautiful sunny day for your wedding and were able to hold it out doors. I am happy for you and we wish you the very best in your futures together.

Lauren · Married on 04/18/2015

3.5

I would definitely recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone looking for a wedding venue. They did an amazing job with everything leading up to the day of the wedding, and connected with the vendors for me which made my experience a lot less stressful. Another thing I loved about Sleepy Hollow was that they provided lodging, and we were able to have all of our family and friends in one house together for the weekend. Danielle is an amazing event planner and so easy to work with. Danrae was our photographer and she was awesome to work with as well; we absolutely loved how our pictures turned out. Everyone at Sleepy Hollow did their best to ensure that we had the wedding we've always dreamed of!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2013

3.8
      3.5

The venue was so beautiful. The weather amazing and the light through the trees made our photos so beautiful! My family loved the inn and enjoyed staying there for the weekend making the wedding more fun and relaxing.
    The reception was a blast and the catering delicious. There were a few hiccups but all issues were resolved easily and the staff worked hard to make it special. The pictures are wonderful.
    Our wedding was the best day of our life ans Sleepy Hollow made that happen!

Sent on 10/31/2013

3.6
      2.0

Nice staff and very pretty. Just a little pricey for me

Sent on 12/06/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Sorry you felt the cost of the wedding was a bit too much. Most couples find us very affordable and budget minded. I hope everything else was as you had hoped.
    Sincerely,
    Danrae, Danielle, Clayton and Staff @ Sleepy Hollow

lauren · Married on 07/16/2011

2.6
      2.5

Our wedding was in July and the END result was a very lovely wedding with only a few things that went wrong.

HOWEVER.... Danrae (the owner) was extremely unprofessional and flat out rude on multiple occasions. I did not think her 'professional photography' skills were up to par and I declined her services as our wedding photographer. From the moment I let them know I was hiring an outside photographer she was short and rude each time myself or my mother contacted her. They would not lower the cost of the wedding even though we didn't want her to be the main photographer. At one point we were told (by Danielle, the director) it would not be an issue, Danrae would still be there taking photos, she just wouldn't be the primary photographer for the day. Danrae later told us, even though photography was included in our package, and we chose someone else she wasn't going to the lower price AND she wasn't even going to be there the day of our wedding to take any photos. Danrae's husband was there the day of the wedding and stood in the background (BEHIND THE GAZEBO) the entire time. HE was dressed in shorts and t-shirt and hadn't shaved in weeks, basically looking like a bum. He turned the microphone off after the 1st wedding song and my sister-in-law had to sing as loud as she could for the 2nd song because he didn't even try to turn it back on. I was also told that after the wedding he helped himself to some of our food AND beer! We regretted booking our wedding there from the moment we sent them the deposit. Yes, the END result was a lovely wedding, but that's only because I fought them tooth & nail about everything. I do not recommend booking with them. If you are a bride who just wants to show up and get married and you don't care about any details then they are the place for you. But you actually care about how your wedding looks I would continue to search elsewhere.

I had my hair done by "Jeneane" I can't remember her full name but she was at the top of their list. She was a total joke. I still to this day am embarrassed about how my hair looked.

**My review does NOT apply to their recommendations for the following:
    Flowers: An english garden/ sophie's garden By Gina very $$$ but she was great,
    Cake: Sweet Promises by Waynette, our cake was beautiful and delicious! (fresh strawberry)
    Music: James Barr, very $$$ but amazing

Sent on 03/25/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Out of respect for a couples chosen photographer, I will not intrude upon their relationship and I make this clear that "photography is the only vendor that will not be discounted off the package. All photographers are welcome at Sleepy Hollow.
    As far as my husband looking like a bum; he has worked hard all his life and is the one behind the scenes doing lawn care, weed wacking, maintenance, trash removal, etc. in order to make the grounds beautiful . This comment was down right cruel. He dresses appropriately during the ceremony and reception with dress shirts and yes in hot Summer months dress shorts. He has always had a well manicured mustache.
    As for the food and beverages, we pay our caterer extra so the vendors staff and ourselves (after all the wedding guests have eat) have a plate as well.
    I's sorry that Sleepy Hollow was not a fit for this bride and apoligize for any misunderstandings.
    Danrae Owner/Photographer

Michelle · Married on 08/13/2016

1.6
      2.0
      1.0

While our wedding turned out beautiful because of the work that we put into it the same could not be said for the staff at Sleepy Hollow Inn. For the at least 10 thousand dollars that was paid for the weekend we expected better for our money. For starters the main wedding director was out ofor town and unreachable. The staff that was left had no idea what to do or how to answer any questions. The air conditioning was broken (in August) and no one could be bothered to fix it. The staff was rude to guests at the reception. We were RUSHED through the entire day from the ceremony and especially the reception. They took the food away before people were even finished eating and had to be asked to bring the food back out. We were never asked if we needed fresh towels or sheets for the rooms. The kitchen was infested with ants to the point that you could not leave ANY food on the counters. The staff were also caught having a personal conversation talking about how ugly they thought one of the decorations was and the wedding director made the comment that they only had to "deal" with us people for another couple of hours. They gave a tour of the venue to another bride during the wedding day preperations. When asked if they could adjust any of the bill for any of the inconveniences that were caused we were advised that the bride and groom looked pleased so there would be no adjustments. For asome pretty as it is, as nice as they may seem, and any promises they may make Sleepy Hollow Inn does NOT follow through. They are very overrated and your money could be better spent elsewhere.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

First I would like to thank you once again on behalf of all Sleepy Hollow staff and vendors for the decision to host your daughter’s beautiful wedding at our venue. While I do empathize with your aggravation over the temporary malfunction of the A/C system (until the breaker was found to be tripped) and the moderate count of ants that had come into the kitchen area; I am also quite saddened by the amplification of the actual issues and added deceits.
    Please realize that the Main Wedding Director (Myself) was indeed onsite, only the facility owners had been out of state, which was known and agreed upon in advance.
    Though a meeting was held with a couple due to a need to change their appointment date, I was sure to do so quietly in the Event Center only, during the morning hours. My apologies as it was our intent not to interfere in any way with the preparations for the wedding scheduled for that evening, I also apologize for your feeling of being rushed.. Though we do our best to ensure that all events begin on time, at no time did we attempt to hurry anyone. Indeed, we had allowed an early arrival as we needed to move up checkout the following day by an hour (previously agreed upon), but the choice to begin teardown of décor, etc before the reception was even over was absolutely by no insinuation or request of ours.
    As a response to the comments you had noted in your review: I cannot attest to whether or not anyone made an impolite remark about a piece of the décor. Whether or not this statement is true, I once again apologize, though I cannot fathom anyone making such a statement as the décor was absolutely stunning! You all have a great eye for decorating. I do however; feel great disdain for the accusation that I personally stated something about having to ‘deal’ with you all. I can attest that this statement is completely false and in truth, I much enjoyed everyone. I also thought we had tended to and answered every question asked.