Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center Reviews

118 | Swannanoa, NC

118 Reviews for Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2013

I would highly recommend the Sleepy Hollow!!The service was excellent!!!They made planning a wedding so easy and stress free!!Everyone was so wonderful and we had an amazing time!!They made it the best day of my life that I will always remember!!Danrae and Danielle were amazing and I could not have done this with out them!!!All of our guests said that it was such a beautiful place to have a wedding and had a wonderful time!!There is not one thing I would have changed about my wedding!!!They did a great job!!!!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Lisa and Sean, your family was amazing and very gracious. we enjoyed the whole experience throughout the weekend. Hope you have many years of happiness and good health.
    Danrae & Staff and Sleepy Hollow

Janet · Married on 01/12/2013

Sleepy Hollow did an outstanding job for our daughter's wedding. We were so pleased and would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 02/21/2013

Angela · Married on 12/29/2012

My wedding last week at Sleepy Hollow was wonderful. I can't say enough about what a positive experience it was working with Danielle and Danrae. Everything was decorated for Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful. I also love that they let you plan as much or as little as you prefer; they're ready to help in any situation you need, to provide suggestions, arrange things etc, but aren't pushy at all. Also the food was really good and the flowers, cake, etc that Daniele took care of for me came out exactly how I wanted. The day was as stress-free as a wedding day can be.

Sent on 01/04/2013

My now husband and myself were married at Sleepy Hollow on Dec. 29th 2012. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful experience. Our wedding was perfect and made possible by Clayton, Danrae , Danielle and all the staff members at Sleepy Hollow. A potentially stressfull situation caused by nothing but the weather was handled very professionally by Danrae and Danielle and I was not even aware of the problem. Their goal was to provide a totally relaxed stress free weekend and that is what it was. The photos were beautiful and we had so many compliments on our wedding.Thank you so much for providing me with a dream weekend.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Emily · Married on 09/08/2012

Everybody at Sleepy Hollow made my Wedding the best day of my life. The whole time up until my wedding everything was taken care of the wedding cake, the food, the music, the decorations, the flowers and etc. The only thing I really had to do was describe how and what I wanted and they made it possible. I was so impressed and happy with the way everything looked on my wedding day. And the whole day of my wedding I had nothing to worry about because Danielle and Danrae. They made it so easy for me and my wedding party. I would definatly recommend using Sleepy Hollow for a wedding. It was not expensive as the other venues around Asheville and they provided alot more also. I would also recommend using Danrae as your photographer. She takes amazing photos.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Emily and Devon. We wish you the very best. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. Your colors just popped. We enjoyed working with you and appreciate your choosing Sleepy Hollow as your venue.
    Thank you so much!
    Danrae, Danielle and Staff at Sleepy Hollow!

Erica · Married on 08/04/2012

Absolute wonderful place to get married! Would recommend this location to anyone. The staff was amazing to work with and so accommodating. Beautiful venue as well!

Sent on 12/01/2014

samantha · Married on 07/07/2012

I'm not even sure where to start with this review being everything was so magnificent! My (now) husband and I decided two months before our wedding that we wanted to have a small quick intimate wedding and that we wanted to do it 7.7.12. After hearing some reviews on the Asheville, NC area we found Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center. Being that we're from New England we couldn't see the place before booking (as it was, luckily, the last date left) so we thought about it for a day and decided to go ahead and book it!
    Danielle and Danrae did everything for me and communicated amazingly over email. I was in the middle of finals and they made everything stress free for me.
    Danielle, wedding coordinator, made my "dreams" a reality. I was stunned when I saw the reception hall. It was everything I dreamed of and more. I was worried about it being too big for 25 people, but let me tell you they made it absolutely perfect, the set up was unbelievably amazing, I couldn't believe how awesome they made it! Everyone had the best time, danced the night away, laughed, smiled and are still telling me how amazing of a time it was for them.
    Clyde was also amazing, he keeps everything spotless, the grounds, the venue, etc.
    We rented out the house for 3 nights for everyone to stay and it was beyond relaxing. There was never any problems!
    The breakfast was great too.
    I will forever remember the whole weekend there especially the day of my wedding. It was hard to have to say goodbye!
    I absolutely recommend Sleepy Hollow. You will not be disappointed!
    Danrae, the owner, is also the photographer, she was amazing to work with and has sent me over a couple of pictures and WOW they are magnificent.
    Thank you Sleepy Hollow for the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Samantha and Warren:
    Your wedding will forever be remembered by all of us at Sleepy Hollow! We are all so happy about how well everything came together and that we were able to get all planning coordinated without interrupting your studies. Best wishes to the two of you....We see a bright futre ahead for you!

Hannah · Married on 06/23/2012

The venue and service provided were phenomenal! They took care of everything and made my wedding day a dream come true.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Hannah and Steve,
    On behalf of everyone that helped with your Special Day, we thank you for your compliments on our facility. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and we hope you keep us up-to-date in your new journey as husband and wife! Best Wishes :)

stephanie · Married on 05/26/2012

O.M.G...where should i start...danrae,clive,danelle. thanks so much for all you did. i walked out on saturday and seeing all that i dreamed of come true right before my eyes. and just having all those who sean and i love and hold dear to our hearts celebrate the weekend with them made the hole wedding all a dream..as you could see sean and i are so in love and that our wedding was so beautiful. i couldent hold my tears in, and seeing him too it was more then i could control..the point iam making because of your beautiful places and how my guess were taking care of that was so awsome...my guess are so excited about getting our pictures and how much fun they had and saying it was the best wedding ever...(and i agree) and wish i could get married to sean all over again and never change a thing about sleepy hollow inn....Sean and i want to think you from the bottom of hearts for giving us our wedding of our dreams..thanks again Sean & Stepanie Young.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Stephanie and Sean. Your wedding was so beautiful with your Gothic theme and personal touches. Your family was wonderful and your little girl is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful future together and Thank You for your review. Couples like you make our work so rewarding.

Laura · Married on 09/17/2011

We had the best time at Sleepy Hollow and so did every guest. It has been 5 months since our wedding date and people are still talking about how much fun they had! I think it was such an awesome experience because they make it so easy. They give you a list of vendors to choose from and all the vendors, (DJ, florist, cake, photographer, videographer), are so professional and easy to communicate with. The site is so beautiful and our pictures are beautiful. If you really want to stay in a cozy beautiful biltmore decorated bed and breakfast, this is the place for you. It is also great if you don't have a lot of time to plan or don't live in the mountains, (we live 2 1/2 hours away), they make it easy so you are not stress out for your wedding day and you can really enjoy it!!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your testimonial Laura! Your wedding was beautiful and your family and friends were all very pleasant. We hope to see you back at Sleepy Hollow sometime in the future. Best wishes!

kellie · Married on 09/10/2011

Such a beautiful place!! They were very helpful and very friendly! Made the planning process SO much easier! :) I would recommend this place to everyone not just for weddings even to just get away. :) It is a wonderful place! :)

Sent on 02/12/2014

Judy · Married on 06/18/2011

It is a beautiful venue for pictures, the house and grounds have many unique spots for pics. Perfect house for the whole family to stay and have plenty of space to enjoy together. We filled the house and had some people stay at the local motel which was close enough to come and go for all the events. It was so relaxed and everyone had a great time. The owners were very attentive and willing to please. I really can't say one negitive thing about Sleepy Hollow!
    Mother of the Groom

Sent on 04/01/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our facility. It makes me happy to know that the families of the wedding couples can feel so comfortable here at Sleepy Hollow and know they are important as well. We hope to see you back some time!

Megan · Married on 02/05/2011

I loved this venue for my wedding. It was so peaceful and quiet, in the mountains of North Carolina. We rented out the entire B&B for the family to stay and we all had a blast. Not only is the B&B house historic, it is beautiful as well. The rooms are all decorated beautifully. I was amazed at the quality of work that was put into setting up the reception/ceremony area. The decorations were put together great! I was always able to get ahold of the planner, who helped through everything along the way. It made planning the wedding in a short amount of time so easy!! I love LOVE LOVE Sleepy Hollow.

Sent on 03/15/2012

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Megan. It was our pleasure to work with you for your special day!

Kendra · Married on 04/07/2016

Sleepy Hollow was the last venue I looked at, but it was by far my favorite. All communication and planning was done through Danielle, and from the day we met to the end of the reception, she was professional, organized, did everything in her power to make my wedding day flawless. The owner acts as photographer and her photos are awesome. The venue itself is essentially all inclusive and the vendors they work with are all wonderful. They also serve a breakfast the morning of be the morning after the wedding if you book the bed and breakfast as part of the package. My only complaint was that the continental breakfast served one morning had cereal with all boxes already opened and one of those boxes was out of date by almost a year. To me, for the price we pay, fresh, unopened boxes of cereal aren't too much to expect. The hot breakfast morning was excellent. Definitely would book with Sleepy Hollow again.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Dear Kendra and Joc. Thank you for such a wonderful review. I do apologize if one cereal was out of date. I thought I through all that out before the season started this year and I thought they were all new. I will be more aware of this in the future. We hope you have a wonderful future together. Sincerely, Danrae, Clayton, Danielle, Amy and staff.

Barbara · Married on 10/02/2015

The Sleepy Hollow Inn is Superior. We had my daughters destination wedding weekend in Asheville and at the Inn. The owner and her family were most accommodating and saw us through every step of the way. They made it very easy for us to have this destination wedding with supplying a lot of the vendors we would be using. The Inn was very warm and comfortable for our guests and the Event Center was a great venue for the reception. We loved the fact they had packages to select from. We did the most expensive package and I highly recommend this package. Danrae (the owner) was the photographer and the photos were outstanding. If asked if we would select this venue again, our answer would be "Absolutely"! What a great team at The Sleepy Hollow Inn.

Sent on 10/26/2015

John · Married on 10/11/2014

Absolutely a perfect venue for our son’s wedding (Oct 10-11, 2014), and a great staff to ensure everything goes smoothly. Cannot express how impressed everyone was with this event, throughout the entire weekend. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful setting and a wonderful and professional staff that truly works tirelessly to make sure EVERYONE has very special memories!!!
    John Varney, Bristol, TN

Sent on 10/14/2014

J · Married on 05/10/2014

My wife and I had our wedding at Sleepy Hollow this spring and it was incredible!! The event was so much more than we expected. We lived in Colorado at the time and looked at several venues in the Asheville NC area when searching for wedding venues. We loved Sleepy Hollow's gorgeous natural setting, its incredible views, the rooms for our wedding party and the elegance of the reception hall. We chose Sleepy Hollow because the environment was so comfortable and classic without any flashy or contrived elements. The place is just naturally beautiful and all the design details work to compliment it. Also, since this was a “destination” wedding, the fact that we would have a dedicated Wedding Planner to work with us put us at ease because we would not return until the day before the wedding.

What we got on our wedding day was amazing. The staff was incredibly attentive, flexible and, with Sleepy Hollow's Wedding Planner, Danielle, at the helm, everything was executed to perfection. The flow of the evening's events was seamless and our guests were stunned by the beautiful landscape and incredible food. The flowers were perfect. The cocktail hour and the dinner service for our wedding was top notch. Our hors d'oeuvre selection was delicious and the bartenders really got the party off on the right foot with our guests. The quality of the food was wonderful. The wedding cake was also delicious and was sourced by Sleepy Hollow from a local bakery. We got countless compliments from our guests on the food.

The reception room was the perfect fit for our event. We had about 80 guests and the layout for the reception was organized by Danielle to maximize comfort and space. The tables, chairs, lighting and china all added to the elegant simplicity of the room.

All in all, Sleepy Hollow is a wonderful place to have a wedding. They really pay attention to the elements that make a great wedding and we were more than satisfied with the event.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Janara and Kena for such a kind review. Your ceremony and reception were beautiful, we wish you the very best future together.

Everything was perfect! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind review.

Maureen · Married on 09/30/2017

The ladies at Sleepy Hollow are amazing! Everything went very well and we loved the amount of service we were given. Danielle was a pleasure to work with and very helpful. The DJ was wonderful.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Victoria · Married on 07/11/2016

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this venue. Working with Danielle through the planning process was so easy and so smooth, and the owners and entire staff worked so hard to make sure our day was as perfect as we imagined it. Everything was amazing. The food was absolutely delicious, the cake was amazing (and I'm a pastry snob), the flowers were everything I dreamed of, the venue was absolutely stunning (we had a night wedding, and the lights were so gorgeous, and turned out amazing in the photos), and the staff was fun and friendly. The accommodations were great, and we had a great time the entire weekend! And the pricing was unbeatable. We would highly recommend Sleepy Hollow.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Marla · Married on 07/09/2016

I would tell anyone and everyone to book this venue early or you'd really miss out on the perfect venue and with working a great coordinator, Danielle, was exceptional.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/01/2016

Sleepy Hollow is an all inclusive venue as compared to other venues that make you pay for the venue, catering, cake, flowers, etc. separately. The staff is extremely accommodating and very friendly, They make sure you have a high quality list of vendors that they have worked with before so there is no guesswork, but you still get to make the final decision. Danielle is really great at what she does and makes sure everything goes exactly the way it is supposed to. Overall, we are extremely happy with our experience and would recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Danielle and Caitlin, thank you for such a wonderful review and kind words. Your such a beautiful couple and glad to share the start of your future together. Stay happy and thanks again. Sleepy Hollow Staff

You will not regret letting them help plan and host your wedding. Danielle, the event planner, is wonderful and they are very helpful and friendly to make most of the stress go away.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/25/2013

This venue is amazing. We selected the package that included the rooms from the weekend. It was an amazing weekend with our family and our friends. It is so nice to have everything in one place. We felt that having everything in one location gave us more time with our friends and family. Danrae and Danielle were great to work with and made our wedding weekend everything we could have ever asked for or imagined. All of our guests were raving about the venue, its perfect size and charm!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Dana · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I got married Apr 27, 2013 at Sleepy Hollow. It was suppose to be an outside wedding, but it rained all day. The staff along with my friends and the florist team wasted no time moving the wedding indoors to the reception area. It was beautiful. I loved how it turned out and am very thankful to all who helped make our day so special.

Sent on 01/30/2014