Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center Reviews

118 | Swannanoa, NC

118 Reviews for Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center

Linda · Married on 10/04/2014

My daughter's wedding was beautiful! The venue was great! The overnight stay accommodations were also great. I would definitely recommend this vendor to anyone who is looking to get married! Thank you to all the staff for making my daughter's wedding great!

Sent on 12/09/2014

I loved my wedding and the staff was absolutely great!! I would definitely recommend them! They made planning stress free and enjoyable!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so very much for such a kind and generous review. It's much appreciated.

My wedding at Sleepy Hollow was amazing! Everything was perfect and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to get married!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your wedding was so much fun. We wish you the very best.

Andrea · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband Ryo and I were married at Sleepy Hollow in September 2014 and I could not have asked for a more perfect day/venue! Sleepy Hollow is the best place to have a wedding; amazing staff, beautiful venue and perfect location!

We rented the entire Inn so our family and wedding party could stay with us. It was a perfect set-up that allowed for our family to feel at home and enjoy the event together. We also decided to take full advantage of Danrae for our wedding pictures. We ended up extending her picture time into the reception and she did an amazing job! We have so many beautiful pictures; it is so hard to choose which ones to frame and give to love ones!

I honestly can not say enough great things about Sleepy Hollow. It exceeded my expectations in every way and I highly recommend it for your next event.

Thank you Danrae, Danielle and the rest of the Sleepy Hollow staff for making our wedding day so perfect! :-)

Sent on 10/19/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Andrea and Ryo, thank you so much for allowing us to be such a big part of your wedding. I'm happy you like your photos and your experience here at Sleepy Hollow. We wish you the very best!

Our wedding was amazing and could not have gone any better. Thank you to the staff for making our special day stress free, and all about having fun.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. You are so appreciated.

Heather · Married on 09/06/2014

My wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn was everything I could dream of and more! Everything was wonderful and Danrae and Danielle was such a pleasure to work with. Danielle was truly AMAZING! When I arrived at the venue on the day of my wedding September 6th, EVERYTHING was already done! Brides always talk about how stressed they are the day of the wedding, well that is NOT the case at Sleepy Hollow. Danrae was very sneaky with her picture taking and they turned out great! My husband and bridesmaids still talk about how smoothly the day went. If you are looking for a venue that will create your dream wedding and cater to your needs so that you can enjoy getting married, Sleepy Hollow is the place to choose. Thank you Sleepy Hollow for helping my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Heather and Will, your wedding was amazing and your family so much fun. I'm so happy that we were able to make your day special. We wish you the very best future possible together as man and wife.

Jeff · Married on 07/12/2014

This is the real deal for your wedding or other event! Danrae and her staff are not only easy to work with, they are meticulous to the last detail to make sure it is successful! It's a great location, good quality inn and event center! I can't say enough good about it!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Chelsea and Josh, thank you for your very kind review. You were one of our most memorable couples of the 2014 season. Best Wishes!

April · Married on 06/14/2014

Sleepy Hollow is the best wedding venue that we could have chosen! We are so happy with how our wedding weekend turned out. Great location, superb customer service, great price, and Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center offered way more overall than any other venue in the area could even come close to offering us, and believe me, I shopped around. The staff at Sleepy Hollow made our wedding bigger and more wonderful than we had ever imagined. Not a single detail was forgotten. Danielle and Danrae are ON POINT with their professions. Our wedding day was above and beyond our expectations and did not break our budget. Our friends have all said that our wedding was the "most fun wedding of all time." We have been recommending this venue to all of our engaged friends! No complaints here whatsoever!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

April, thank you so much for such a glowing review. It is couples like you that make our work so rewarding. We wish you both the very best. I so loved your photos. What a fun group.

Jan · Married on 06/08/2014

Excellent choice for wedding venue with the outdoor ceremony on the same grounds as the reception and if adverse weather threatens so easy to move the ceremony indoors! Once you see the location you'll forget wedding "tents" and instead opt for this beautiful indoor heated/cooled reception building with granite bar counter and tiled floor and wood beamed ceiling. Danrae was flexible with our son & daughter-in-law as they wanted to provide their own flowers and pick their own cake baker. The food their cater provided was absolutely delicious with half of the selections specially prepared for our Vegan son! Photography is included and well worth it! Mrs.Babbit was everywhere taking pictures but amazingly not noticeable at all and the photos are priceless. Her wedding assistant Danielle was just a dream to work with and kept us all organized. We couldn't have been any happier with the way the whole event turned out.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Jan, thank you for your very kind review. We enjoyed your friends and family very much. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Victoria · Married on 05/24/2014

We did the Garden (75-100 people) package and booked out the Inn for the whole weekend.
    The weather was GORGEOUS (70s and Sunny) and the flowers at and around the Inn were beautiful. Our families loved being able to stay at the Inn for the weekend. It was so nice to have the after party right there and not kick everyone out right after. Having Danielle (the coordinator) at my disposal for the months leading up to the wedding was invaluable. She was always on top of things and super responsive and helped things go so smoothly the day of the wedding.
    I was kind of worried about the food since I didn't see many reviewers mention it, but everyone is still raving to us about how good the food was. The chicken in white wine sauce in particular was so amazing!
    Sleepy Hollow is one of the more economical choices in town and I believe you more than get your money's worth. I had friends that paid 3x as much as I did for their wedding and said ours was better!
    The ceremony was gorgeous and we also paid extra to do the cocktail hour around the Inn, which was nice because it was gorgeous out and everyone liked being outside instead of going straight into the reception. My groom and I missed the cocktail hour and the staff at Sleepy Hollow (because they are amazing), saved some appetizers for us to eat when we first sat down and kept our glasses full the entire reception. What great service! The reception was so fun too, we wish it could have gone longer!
    Overall - Best decision we made (minus the one to actually get married in the first place) was to get married at Sleepy Hollow. They take care of almost everything, from parking to linens to helping you plan. They even had people to help organize the sparkler exit at the end of the night! I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Ryan and Victoria, thank you so much for your very kind review. Your wedding was beautiful.

Bill · Married on 05/17/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center, and in particular their wedding planner Danielle, put together a phenomenal wedding package for my fiancé and my guests. Our friends and family came up to us throughout the evening and repeatedly asked "where did you find this place?" and told us that "this is the most beautiful wedding" that they had ever been to. Now, I'm sure that my beautiful bride played a big role in that ... but the setting, the landscape, the facilities, etc. were outstanding.

Sleepy Hollow is well situated off of I-40, near some very affordable hotels and restaurants. It's also a quick drive (or $15-20 cab ride) from downtown Asheville, so you and your guests have plenty of options for nights out, afterparties, or even an off-site rehearsal dinner. The grounds aren't expansive - but they make maximum use of the available land and sight lines, which makes for wonderful photography and pleased guests.

I feel that the price we paid to be married at Sleepy Hollow was extremely competitive, especially for the Asheville area. I would highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to my friends and family, as well as whomever else reads this feedback.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Bill, thank you so much for such a lovely review. Your wedding was soooo beautiful. I love to hear back from our grooms as well as our brides. We hope you have an amazing future with Leslie. Congratulations.

Heather · Married on 03/29/2014

I can't say enough about this venue. Danielle made the planning process as smooth as possible and always responded quickly if I had questions. We rented the place for the weekend which I highly recommend. All of our family and friends loved staying in the house. The bridal suite was gorgeous and was perfect for me and all the girls to get ready in. From the moment we arrived on Friday, Danrae and Clayton made sure everything was just right. Danielle helped with the rehearsal and I always felt that everything was under control for the big day. We had a wonderful rehearsal dinner in the Inn. The space was great for all our guests, and we loved the dining room and outdoor space. The day of the wedding, Danielle and all the event staff were professional, organized, and helped make me stress free and just enjoy. It decided to rain right at our ceremony time, and they let us delay the time and work around the rain to have what I planned on, which was a beautiful outdoor ceremony in the gazebo. We have heard great compliments from our guests about the food. Danielle made sure we got to keep the leftovers. She was great to make sure on the wedding day me and my husband had everything we needed. The staff really worked to make the day perfect for us! We also got to the stay in the honeymoon suite the wedding night and then have breakfast with our wedding party Sunday morning in the Inn. The venue had everything! They were flexible with what you wanted to do and allowed you to personalize your wedding. The weekend package is worth it and priced fairly. It was truly a memorable weekend that could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 04/19/2014

Cheryl · Married on 10/26/2013

We absolutely LOVED this place! We live in Colorado, and it was so simple to plan. The entire event was elegant and classy. They catered to our taste and made our dream wedding seamless and easy. The best part was that we didn't have just one day, but the entire weekend to spend with our friends and family since we had the entire B&B to ourselves. We highly recommend Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center to anyone!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Cheryl and Matt, your wedding was so beautiful and your family so gracious. I can't wait for you to see your photos. What a wonderful time of the year for color. Yours blended in perfect with the autumn's natural color. We wish you a wonderful future together.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/19/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn is a great place to have a wedding! The property is very clean and well kept. There vendors did a great job. Everything was exactly the way my husband a I wanted it. The food and cake were amazing! Danielle did a fantastic job coordinating everything! We did most of our planning through emails, and she responded in a timely manner. It made wedding planning less stressful. Danrae takes wonderful pictures! She has a very nice setup to capture those dream wedding shots. We got our pictures between 2 to 3 weeks after our event. They came out great!!! She even made us a photo album with a good variety of 4x6 shots. She also printed up a few 8x10's. If your looking for a beautiful place to get married that won't break your wallet in the Asheville/Swannanoa area, you can't go wrong with Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Elizabeth, thank your for your fabulous review. Your wedding was beautiful and we wish you the very best.
    Sincerely,
    Danrae, Danielle and staff @ Sleepy Hollow

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2013

Sleepy Hollow is definitely THE PLACE to have your special day:)
    We were beyond happy at how good they took care of us and how little we had to concern ourselves with.
    Danielle basically takes care of everything leaving you stress-free and DanRae captures those special moments that you will treasure for a lifetime...who could ask for more!!! The Inn is breathtaking and very relaxing, like being in outdoor paradise. I will highly recommend Sleepy Hollow to anyone i talk with!!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Nicole and Ryan we want to thank you for your wonderful review. We also wish you a wonderful future together. Hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii! From Danrae and Danielle at Sleepy Hollow.

Cathy · Married on 07/20/2013

From the moment we visited Sleep Hollow we were made to feel comfortable! The inn is beautifully decorated and very welcoming. Our family stayed at the inn for the weekend, and all commented to me how beautiful is was, a hidden gem, as one guest said. Danrae and Danielle always answered emails promptly, the vendors they recommended were easy to work with and very professional. I, as mother of the bride, stressed for a year, just wanting the best for my daughter, which is exactly what I got. As soon as the reception began I felt a wave a relief come over me, and was able to enjoy friends and family because I could see the wedding was all we had hoped it would be, thanks to all the staff at Sleepy Hollow!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Cathy, thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Lauras wedding was beautiful and all your great touches made it all come together so beautifully. Thanks again.

Laura · Married on 07/20/2013

My husband and I had our dream wedding at Sleepy Hollow Inn on July 20, 2013. It was PERFECT! We planned it for a year ahead and everyone talks about how stressful wedding planning is. Not the case with Danielle and Danrae! They were so wonderful in helping us prepare for our big day. Sleepy Hollow offers packages that include things most wedding vendors don't! It was so nice not to have to worry about set up and clean up. I live 5 hours away from Asheville and was worried it would be hard to plan from so far away. That was not the case either. Danielle was very prompt and knowledgeable when it came to my questions and concerns. Our family ended up reserving the inn for the whole weekend because we had many out of town guests. We had the best time preparing for the rehearsal and getting our last minute wedding details to come together. Our rooms we BEAUFITUL! Everyone was pleased with our stay. Breakfast on Sat & Sun morning were good, it was nice on Sunday to spend time with everyone again before we left for our honeymoon. I would definitely recommned Mary at Flower Gallery in Asheville. She did an amazing job on my flowers and we only communicated through e-mails! Also Wanyette Scruggs at Sweet Promises bakery did my cake and it was excellent, so moist and she has so many flavors to choose from. We had an awesome DJ who kept the party going, which was GREAT for a wedding with 120 guests! We just got our pictures back from Danrae (the owner & photographer) and they was FANTASTIC! I was so pleased with them! My heart was racing when I saw how BEAUTIFUL they all were!!! All of my friends and family told me it was one of the BEST weddings they had every been too! Anyone interested in getting married here would not be disappointed!
    Love,
    Laura & David Newsome!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Laura and David, thank you for such a wonderful review. We had such a great time meeting your friends and family. We hope you had a great honeymoon and come back to visit some time.
    Danrae, Danielle and Staff

Sherri · Married on 07/13/2013

The praises from other reviews are true: you cannot find a better venue, staff, and total experience than at Sleepy Hollow. My husband and I are still in awe of how perfect our day was, and there is not one single thing we would change.

I've had a lot going on with my health and job, so I knew that I wouldn't be able to micromanage a wedding. Enter Danielle and her phenomenal experience as a wedding planner. She is friendly and efficient (keep note, brides: a mean wedding planner is no fun on the big day. Danielle runs a tight ship, but acts like a friend and family. Big difference!)

We live about 2 hours from the site, so we visited twice, but didn't do any tastings. No worries there, because the food and the cake were delicious and beautifully presented. The salmon, shrimp and prosciutto puffs, and yellow squash casserole were crowd pleasers. All the vendors that Danielle works with are exquisite and the best. I was a florist for 4 1/2 years and while I have made many of my friends' wedding flowers, but Gina (the florist) made me a bouquet that absolutely blew my mind. I couldn't have done it any better, actually, I couldn't have done it that well at all! All it took was me telling Danielle a few colors, themes, and some pictures for her to transform Sleepy Hollow into the personalized venue of my dreams. Her small touches, like fresh flowers on the cake, down to her wearing a purple top (my wedding color!), show that she is invested in you far more than a paycheck or just another gig. Every picture my family took, I can see Danielle smiling.

Sleepy Hollow works that you can be as invested as little or as much as possible with your planning. I recommend leaving Danielle in major control and trusting that she will make it better than you can even have dreamed. Clear and concise directions, along with example pictures, help craft the beautiful event. The grounds are stunning with the pond and flowers, and the reception hall doesn't need much extra decorating, s

Sent on 07/22/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2013

This venue was awesome! A great value and wonderful staff! We truly had the time of our lives at the wedding at felt right at home during our weekend stay! Danrae takes great photographs and captured every moment of our special day. Danielle, the wedding planner, made sure everything about our special day went off without a hitch, she really does think of everything!

Sent on 08/02/2013

angela · Married on 06/02/2013

The most bang for the buck. The staff and owners went to no end ensuring my daughters wedding was beyond her dreams! I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow!!!! Your search for your cinderella wedding ends here! The most amazing people and place. Thank you Danrae and Danielle, you guys are awesome!

Sent on 06/09/2013
  • User3319239 · 2+ years ago

Sleepy hollow made planning my wedding and triple reception with my two sisters a pretty simple task. Despite the fact that I was planning long distance from Texas. They were always quick to respond and were willing to work with the variety of family members that had to meet with them in my stead. They truly helped make our wedding, a dream come true.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Maile · Married on 06/01/2013

Nothing but AWESOME-NESS, def. would recommend using this venue!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Julieanne · Married on 06/01/2013

I have said this many times, but I feel it's necessary to say again. Words cannot express the fabulous service received by Sleepy Hollow Inn and Event Center. The location was gorgeous to start, the staff is extremely professional, kind and they genuinely do all they can (and then some) to make sure your event is both memorable and cherished. We didn't have not one complaint about anything the provided for us while we were at their location.

If you are looking for a venue that will take care of everything from start to finish so that you can enjoy this special time in your life, I strongly recommend that you consider this location. You will really be more than satisfied with the service you receive from Danrae and Staff.

BEST experience I could have ever hoped for!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Bill · Married on 05/04/2013

Weather was horrible but not their fault

Sent on 05/11/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Thanks so much Bill and Joni! Glad you enjoyed the weekend!
    Danrae & Staff at Sleepy Hollow

Robert · Married on 05/04/2013

For anyone looking for a complete wedding package at a very reasonable price in a beautiful setting, Sleepy Hollow is the place. We selected Sleepy Holow for several reasons. The location was ideal since many friends and family were within easy driving distance. The facility itself was ideal for the wedding ceremony and for both facilitating a rehearsal dinner the night before and the reception after the ceremony. Our party took full advantage of the beautifully restored victorian home (previously a B&B) with sleeping space for parents of the bride and groom as well as all wedding party members for two nights. By far the most important factor was the complete package offered by Danrae Babbitt, the owner and outstanding hostess, and her staff. Danielle the wedding planner was truly outstanding, helpful and very responsive to the needs of the bride and groom. Our overall rating of Sleepy Hollow as a wedding event center clearly ranks a complete 10 out of 10. Surperb in every respect. We could not have been more pleased with the complete experience from planning to completion.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Sleepy Hollow Inn & Event Center's reply:

Robert, thank you for the wonderful review. We love to hear from the parents of the Bride and Groom, Lisa and Sean. We wish everyone the very best.
    Thank You Again!