Skyline Limousine Services Reviews

Skyline Limousine Services 7

Jennie · Married on 09/01/2018

0.4
      0.5

We ordered one limousine to pick us up at our reception location (The Bilmar Beach Resort) and take us to our ceremony (Caddy's on the Beach) and back. The limo was to pick up the bridal party first, than the groom and his groomsmen. Our ceremony was set to begin at 4:00 p.m. and Skyline was scheduled to make the first pick up at 3:30 p.m. At 3:45 p.m., I looked at my phone to see numerous missed calls (they never attempted to call The Bilmar to be sent directly to my room - at this point, you are NOT checking you cell phone). I contacted the driver who informed me, 15 minutes after he was scheduled to pick me up, that he was AN HOUR away due to a blown tire. I asked if there was another limo being sent and he said no, but he would "call the office" and call me back. Obviously, this was completely unacceptable and my friends had to scurry to get Ubers to pick us up - I ended up arriving to my wedding in a Chevy Tahoe - not the idealistic arrival. Then, during our cocktail hour at Caddy's on the Beach, the limo driver hounded by wedding coordinator, asking if we were ready to go (we weren't set to be picked up until 5:30 p.m. - he started asking if we were ready at 4:45 p.m.), and then came up to me directly, cigarette in mouth, to tell me he was waiting in front "whenever we were ready." The completely lack of professionalism was astounding. We were taken back to The Bilmar Beach Resort in the limo, which had no air conditioning running, and were only supposed to be dropped off. Approximately 30-45 minutes later, I come down from my wedding suite to find the limo still at the Bilmar, with the hood of the limo up (something was obviously wrong with the limo), smoking a cigarette. When my husband complained to the company the following week, they offered to refund LESS THAN HALF what we paid for and give us a gift certificate - as if we would ever use this company again.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Skyline Limousine Services's reply:

Jennie,
    We truly apologize for any inconvenience the blown tire may have caused during your wedding. Unfortunately, life has a way of throwing unforeseen circumstances our way. We did make several attempts to contact you via the number provided to us by your party, stated in your review, we did make our best effort to advise you of the problem as soon as the incident occurred. Our driver did not contact the hotel, due to his efforts to troubleshoot the blown tire and get back on the road to still accommodate your reservation. Since limos are typically 2 to 3 times the size of regular vehicles, it takes 2 to 3 times as long to cool the vehicle, it is an industry standard to crack the hood of the limo on hot days especially black limos to keep them cool. Skyline prides its chauffeur’s in professionalism and customer service, the issue with smoking will be addressed accordingly. The driver we assigned to your reservation has been one of our top Chauffeur’s in the company, assigned to some our top VIP, and A-list clientele.
    Yes we did receive a call from your husband and it was to clarify what was being refunded, at that time there was no further mention of an issue or additional measures. We did refund unused hours of your reservation, due to the blown tire. We also issued a gift card for future services.The refund and the gift certificate in total are more than half of what you paid for. At skyline we want to make good on clients, but unfortunately, we cannot predict unforeseen circumstance such as a blown tire.