SKM Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

SKM Entertainment 1
SKM Entertainment 2

Lauren · Married on 04/09/2011

Justin from SKM Entertainment was the best wedding DJ! He kept my guests on the dance floor all night. He stayed 2 hours over time because he could see that the guests were having so much fun and didn't want to leave. I have had two future brides, who were at my wedding, ask for his information already.

• KN2010

Karina · Married on 12/03/2010

We had Juan for our event and he was great. He played the songs we wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor.

Elaine · Married on 03/14/2010

Justin our DJ was terriffic! Everyone is still saying what a great time they had at our wedding. Very professional and kept us informed every step of the way. The newlywed game was a hit. Great mix of music. The dance floor was packed!

Christina · Married on 04/12/2008

They are well organized and fun people! It's so nice that they have 2 people there because it made things go smoothly. I wasn't there for most of the reception but from what I've heard and pictures I have seen, everyone was dancing all night long

We had Kevin as our MC and he did a great job the entire night! The power went out for a few minutes and he was able to keep the guests entertained while the team worked to get the power back up and running. Overall, we would recommend SKM to anyone looking for a DJ.

Mareesa · Married on 08/24/2013

Gary Jenkins is amazing! He really got everyone up and dancing... from the 90 year-old cowboy to my friends and a few kids everyone had a blast. He absolutely did a great job and absolutely blew me away! Nathan also joined Gary and was really attentive to the needs of my new husband and I. They did amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend those tow.!

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2012

Jake was my MC. He did an amazing job the night of, everyone said they had an awesome time at the wedding. Jake, the DJ, and light tech all did a great job. My night went without any flaws!

Nina · Married on 04/30/2011

My husband Chris and I were so pleased with SKM who did the music and lighting for our wedding ceremony and reception in Arizona this past April. When we first scheduled our appointment with Helen, we didn't understand why she needed more than 30 minutes to talk with us. But we were blown away by the videos and pictures she showed us and the packages provided by SKM. After meeting with another DJ company to compare, we knew instantly that we wanted to go with SKM. Even though we doubled our original DJ budget, it was more than worth it. Helen was a life saver and so helpful in answering all of my questions! We ended up getting Juan by recommendation and he was fantastic! He was incredibly professional and just what we hoped for in an MC/DJ. He was so patient with my family and did a great job at managing our multi-cultural families and friends. We highly recommend them!

Lindsey · Married on 01/14/2017

3.0

My one complaint is the main SKM office often took too long to respond to my emails, and more than once they didn't respond at all. But once we were assigned an MC, Justin, everything went smoothly. Justin and his assistant Jessie were great to work with. They have a knack for picking the perfect song for each moment, and their choices kept the dance floor packed all night long. Everyone from my grandparents to our college friends to our young nieces and nephews danced all night! Our ceremony and reception ran smoothly under Justin's watch, and we had the most perfect wedding day.

The SKM team will blow you away. The presentation they prepare to showcase what they have to offer is so professional and thorough. You will know for sure whether or not it's a fit by the end. If you are lucky enough to go this direction, you will find that deadlines are met, reminders are sent, the staff is friendly and they make your special day feel effortless. We're so happy to have worked with SKM!

Chris was our DJ, he was very professional and upbeat. On top of playing the music we liked, kept our dance floor moving and he was very flexible with our ever changing requests. He was also very personable and sounded very clear on the microphone. We would highly recommend SKM entertainment to anyone.

laurie · Married on 10/09/2010

LOOKING FOR A DJ FOR YOUR WEDDING.. WANT TO CREATE THE PERFECT AMBIANCE. SKM IS THE WAY TO GO. I USED SKM FOR LIGHTING SOUND AND DJ FOR MY EARLY OCT. WEDDING. MY WEDDING WAS MORE THAN I COULD OF DREAMED! WE WENT ALL OUT AND DID PURCHASE ONE OF THE HIGHEST PACKAGES AND IT WAS SOO WORTH IT. OUT GUESTS KEEP TELLING US THAT IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING THEYVE BEEN TO AND I CREDIT ALOT OF THAT TO JUAN AND THE REST OF THE STAFF AT SKM. FROM THE ENERGY THAT JUAN CREATED STARTING WITH THE GRAND INTRODUCTION THROUGH TO THE NEWLYWED GAME AND ONTO THE AWSOME PHOTO MONTAGE BRANDON? PUT TOGETHER FOR US SKM REALLY OUT DID THEMSELVES. I HAVE TO POINT OUT JUAN SPECIFICALLY... WHO MADE THE NIGHT GO SO SMOOTHLY. GOT EVERYONE DANCING. AND WAS SOO FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING!!!! IF I EVER HAVE ANOTHER OCCASION WHERE A DJ IS NEEDED JUAN WILL BE THE ONE I CALL!!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND SKM TO EVERYONE!!

Jacqueline · Married on 03/21/2009

3.0

Justin is our favorite - he knows what he is doing and really helps to coordinate the event and make sure it goes smoothly!

Tammy · Married on 12/01/2012

3.0

They did a wonderful job with music and lighting. Kept me up to date on what was going on and very responsive when I called them. A little bit pricey, but they did do a good job.

Casey · Married on 10/06/2007

Great company, little expensive but well worth it. Great DJ's make your guests happy and your reception longer and a lot more enjoyable!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

We had heard great things about SKM and they didn't disappoint! Our MCs were John and Nathan. They played (mostly) everything we asked for (although my husband swears there were 2 songs on the must play list that weren't played). They did drop the ball of two kind of important songs that we wanted that they didn't have. Through the process, they assured me that if they couldn't get them, they would let me know (I had the songs) and they never told me they didn't have them. Also, we requested a certain last song which didn't happen even though they had two opprtunities to play a last song (one of our guests paid to extend the DJ and party for an extra 30 minutes). Also, when our ceremony ended, after the kiss the bride stuff, they missed their cue to start the music so husband and I had an awkward moment of just standing there. Oh well, overall, they were pretty good and we had an amazing party!

Shannon · Married on 04/07/2007

3.5

Overall our DJs were awesome!!!! They kept all of our guests up and dancing and having a great time. We paid extra to have all the extra lights and stuff but they ended up casuing fuses at out reception place to blow so we didn't really get to use the lights that we paid about an extra $650 for. It would have been nice for SKM to call my reception place to ensure that the lights would work rather than just letting us pay for something that we didn't get the benefit of. Also there were a few times that I had to remind the DJ of what guests I wanted him to recognize for anniversaries and stuff. But overall I would totally hire then for another party.

Nadia · Married on 10/15/2011

4.2
      3.0

SKM did an excellent job at our reception. They played most of the music we requested and followed the timeline perfectly. They were more costly than the other DJ's we looked at but we were very pleased with how thorough and knowledgable they were, so it was worth the extra cost.

Nora · Married on 03/20/2010

4.2
      3.0

We had a few communication issues (through the office) with SKM that made the planning process more difficult than necessary. However, we were THRILLED with the day-of service. Our DJ & MC were fantastic and in the end I am happy we used them. Justin kept the party going and our guests had a fantastic time!

Ashley · Married on 11/27/2010

3.5

SKM has gone through some transition with their office personnel so getting a response back at times can be a challenge. Their MC’s and wedding night service however is bar-none! Juan was our MC and he was amazing. He never batted an eye at some of our wacky requests and did such a good job feeling our crowd and keeping everyone dancing all night. All of our guests complained the next day about how much their legs and feet hurt because they had never danced at a wedding so much. The dance floor was never even close to empty. They are not inexpensive and my husband nearly fell off his chair when he knew how much we paid for them – but they were worth every penny! It is not worth it to go with a cheap random DJ. They can ruin your reception. SKM is simply the best. They will leave your guests saying “Wow! That was the best wedding I have ever been to!”

Brooke · Married on 06/06/2010

3.5

The staff in the office and the owner were awesome. They really worked hard to get things just the way we wanted, and we felt very confident in the emcee that we were assigned.

However we feel that the ball was dropped with the DJ that they gave us. I was not happy with the music that was played for the majority of the reception. We spent 2 days creating the playlist we wanted played for the majority of the reception and the DJ decided to play Motown and all kinds of other music. It wasn't until the room was nearly empty that they started playing the list we gave them.

There was also some sort of a glitch in the equipment that caused a very unpleasant high pitched sound to come from the speakers about 15 times during the reception.

Overall we were happy with the way they worked with us. Steve the Emcee was great and we loved his personality. The games he played had our crowd involved and they seemed like they had fun. Just make sure that they really do bring the back up equipment that they advertise in their materials.

Andrea · Married on 03/17/2012

3.0

SKM was very client focused, however, it seemed they were not as organized as I would have hoped. The overall music/party atmosphere was fabulous, my guests had a great time out on the dance floor and they kept everyone involved. However, there were a few BIG mistakes. The first one is that they forgot to play music after the ceremony as my husband and I were walking down the aisle, along with the bridal party. We walked down the aisle to silence!! I was so upset that they did not play my music I picked for the exit. Also, I had emailed the MC trivia about my groom and I to use to excuse the tables to the buffet. The MC received the email, because he responded to the email. He must not have noticed the trivia attachment, even though I said the trivia is attached in the email, because after grand entrance he walked up to us and asked who had the trivia. My husband had to figure out how to pull up the trivia on his smart phone for the MC, then he didn't even annouce the trivia over the mic like we had talked about, he just walked up to the table and asked a question.
    Aside from the lack of organization (I got the wedding schedule on Friday, the day before my wedding, and only because I emailed him to ask for it) and messing up my exit song during the ceremony, they did a fair job. The dance floor was usually packed and the flow of the wedding was good. I felt like I had to stay on top of them more, I wish they would have been more organized.

• Monique

Monique · Married on 11/19/2011

We were very happy with SKM. They pretty much had their own itinerary and worked with some of the genres we selected. They were professional and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our guest really enjoyed themselves and danced the night away.

Nora · Married on 04/04/2009

3.5

Justin was an AMAZING MC, we were very, very happy and many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. I couldn't agree more! I was very happy with everything in the end, however there were a few bumps in the road. For whatever reason, our MC was changed on us (even though we paid to pick our own) and we were never notified - I just happened to notice it on an updated contract. When we asked about it, we were told their "notes" said we had approved the change, when in fact that never happened. SKM never offered us anything for the mistake or lack of professionalism. They ended up lowering our package and giving us Justin (thank you SO much Justin, you were great), however they acted as if they were doing us a favor, when it was their fault to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased with them in the end, but they made the planning process a little bit more stressful than necessary.

Brittany · Married on 12/19/2008

2.0
      3.0

I had a horrible time with the staff "behind the scenes" that booked our wedding. They were changing costs and they hadn't written down some of the things we wanted. The actual DJs were amazing! We had 3 and they were fantastic. They really got everyone up and dancing and they were good at keeping the right music flowing. Everyone told me how much fun they had after the night was over and the next few days afterwards. The DJ does make a huge difference!!!