152 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
152 SKM Entertainment Reviews

4.2

We had a few communication issues (through the office) with SKM that made the planning process more difficult than necessary. However, we were THRILLED with the day-of service. Our DJ & MC were fantastic and in the end I am happy we used them. Justin kept the party going and our guests had a fantastic time!

Profile Picture Nora, 3/20/10, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin our DJ was terriffic! Everyone is still saying what a great time they had at our wedding. Very professional and kept us informed every step of the way. The newlywed game was a hit. Great mix of music. The dance floor was packed!

Profile Picture Elaine, 3/14/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM helped to make our day special! Justin was our MC and he is amazing!! He had everyone up and dancing until the very last song, I have never been to a wedding where this happens :-)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/5/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wonderful!!!! That is the word to describe SKM. I couldn't have asked for more. They were so organized and on top of everything. They played all the music in my playlist and the MC was very professional. I was very impressed with them. It was nice to know that I wouldnt have to worry about anything, they really took charge and listened to all of our requests.

Lori Friedman-Pastiak

Profile Picture LORI, 1/24/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Excellent DJ. Miles was able to get the whole room dancing which is not an easy task with my inlaws. He was extremely flexible with the order of events since my relatives did not warn me about a special performance they had planned (at the last minute). While SKM was the more expensive choice, it was definitely worth the cost as the reception was great.

Profile Picture Madhavi, 11/28/09, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Miles was our MC and he did a great job. They provided the DJ and dance floor lighting, which looked great. SKM offers an online planning tool, so it was fairly easy to select music that we wanted, even though we really only chose a few songs and left the rest to Miles. He definitely kept people dancing by gauging the crowd and I got a number of compliments on the playlist.

SKM worked with our planner and other vendors to be sure that everyone was on the same page about the schedule and timing (and helped us make these decisions in the first place), so everything flowed smoothly. I also appreciated that Miles was not a cheesy bar mitzvah DJ, though i hear he can turn that on too if you want it!

I understand that there were a number of challenges with the electrical setup at our venue, which Miles worked through in advance with site visits and coordinating with the facilities manager. It was just a huge relief to know we were working with someone with a lot of experience so that I didn't have to worry about anything. I knew we'd be taken care of.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/24/09, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin was great, did a wonderful job and I was comfortable having him in charge of our wedding reception. highly recommended!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/10/09, 5 Reviews
3.7

I have to try and be fair when reviewing SKM. They are an excellent DJ company and provide very good service and easy to work with tools for customizing your event. Sadly, I do have to say for all the hype that was passed to me over this vendor, they're the one vendor my husband and I were somewhat disappointed in.

Don't get me wrong. They played the music we wanted them to play, their light set-up is amazing (you actually get a lighting technician if you sign up for some of their packages), their sound system high quality... The DJ wasn't even half bad. There were just a number of things that bugged us. For example, there was alot of dead time, which confused me for all the talk they'd done about how good they are at getting a crowd up. We had a tough crowd, alot of adults, but the dead time just added to the difficulties. They also didn't seem to communicate well enough with us and with our planner. For example, they didn't check with anyone to find out that my husband's grandmother wasn't there... They wandered over to interview the grandfather and assumed his aunt was the grandmother. Very embarassing. Also, we had hired Irish dancers as a tribute to my family's heritage... They announced it as a tribute to my husbands heritage.... which baffles me because I have an Irish last name and he has a Hispanic one. His parents, his grandparents, and guests were obviously hispanic, mine were not. I don't know how they missed that but I haven't heard the end of it from his relatives since.

Don't get me wrong. SKM did alot of things right that other companies do wrong. They work heavily with you to customize the event and get any special request songs you need. They did communicate with us about songs they couldn't get and come up with solutions. They also aren't cheesy. You aren't dealing with some ham with a microphone. I'm suspecting perhaps we just weren't matched up with the best DJ (I won't spill his name, I don't want the guy to get any flack because he did try).

My best advice? Check them out, but be picky about what you want in a DJ. Specify that you want frequent communication and no dead time. They're not a bad company, but they weren't all they were hyped up to be either.

Profile Picture Christy, 9/26/09, 7 Reviews
3.6

We had originally signed up with SKM with Meghan and was told that she was leaving her position when there were no responses to our e-mails to her. Thanks to Jessica and Tony, we had an overall great experience with SKM. Jessica took over our contract and did everything she can to take care of anything we needed. Tony did a great job throughout our event - he was especially great helping me finalize our song list! The website to select the songs we wanted was not very user friendly - we couldn't find most of the songs we were looking for and ended up using i tunes. Also, I would have been more specific with our song requests - some song requested for dancing were played during dinner.

Profile Picture Sandy, 9/12/09, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Justin as our emcee, and he was excellent. We would recommend him to anyone. This specific DJ company gives you an emcee and a DJ, and this is one big reason we chose this company. It is definitely worth the extra money it costs to have the extra DJ (in comparison with other companies' pricing).

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/20/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

The DJs were great and the photo favors were a hit. Having 2 DJs was great because it kept the night running smoothly. I liked the website and being able to update that before meeting with the emcee. Overall, it was a great experience. I would recommend them again.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/9/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Before attending the Phoenix Bridal Show in January, we were in desperate need of a DJ for our wedding. SKM Entertainment ended up headlining the fashion show and really had a chance to shine. After the show was over, we made sure to speak to a staff member about booking an appointment. We had a chance to meet with Megan who then got us set up with our DJ Juan. We were able to select all of our music through an online jukebox which was very helpful. Whatever you couldn't find you were able to add thru the site or by contacting your DJ. Juan was so well organized when we had our meeting. He was able to set up our ceremony music outdoors as well as the reception inside. We were so thoroughly impressed with how Juan was so precise on keeping the evening flowing. If anyone is need of an awesome DJ, please contact SKM Entertainment. Your reception will be absolutely funfilled!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/18/09, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin was an AMAZING MC, we were very, very happy and many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. I couldn't agree more! I was very happy with everything in the end, however there were a few bumps in the road. For whatever reason, our MC was changed on us (even though we paid to pick our own) and we were never notified - I just happened to notice it on an updated contract. When we asked about it, we were told their "notes" said we had approved the change, when in fact that never happened. SKM never offered us anything for the mistake or lack of professionalism. They ended up lowering our package and giving us Justin (thank you SO much Justin, you were great), however they acted as if they were doing us a favor, when it was their fault to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I was very pleased with them in the end, but they made the planning process a little bit more stressful than necessary.

Profile Picture Nora, 4/4/09, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have so many people still telling me it was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been too. The music was fun for guests of all ages. The uplighting really completed the room and I loved the bubbles. The big hit of the evening was the photobooth favors. Thank you SKM!!

Profile Picture Kate, 3/28/09, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin is our favorite - he knows what he is doing and really helps to coordinate the event and make sure it goes smoothly!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 3/21/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

SKM is simply the best. So many guests commented that our wedding was the most fun they'd ever been to and the credit really goes to SKM. They kept the guests entertained, made sure that everyone got involved and were completely professional from beginning to end. Our MC, Tony even managed to get people on the dance floor who would NEVER have danced that night. I would highly recommend their services to any couple looking for a fun night!

Profile Picture Robyn, 2/21/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding. Everyone had so much fun thanks to their ability to keep everyone on the dance floor. They did an awsome job with the lighting as well. Everything they did for us was perfect!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/20/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

I had a horrible time with the staff "behind the scenes" that booked our wedding. They were changing costs and they hadn't written down some of the things we wanted. The actual DJs were amazing! We had 3 and they were fantastic. They really got everyone up and dancing and they were good at keeping the right music flowing. Everyone told me how much fun they had after the night was over and the next few days afterwards. The DJ does make a huge difference!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/19/08, 6 Reviews

TOTALLY AMAZING!

Everyone loved the DJ! SKM kept everyone having a GREAT time!
They were very energetic and kept the party going!

I would recommend them!

Very professional and totally worth the price we paid!

LOVED EM'!

Profile Picture Morgan , 10/25/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

SKM did an excellant job. OUr DJ was Juan and he was great! Everything ran smoothly and he kept us going. I can really say that all of our guests had a great time! The sound quality was great and the lighting was fantastic. Thanks!

Profile Picture Lindsey , 6/28/08, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

They are well organized and fun people! It's so nice that they have 2 people there because it made things go smoothly. I wasn't there for most of the reception but from what I've heard and pictures I have seen, everyone was dancing all night long

Profile Picture Christina, 4/12/08, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Regina and Miles were wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants their wedding to be the time of their life. I have been to a lot of weddings and a great DJ really makes or breaks the party. Miles and his team are very talented and the night was constantly moving. Everyone at our wedding said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and I really believe a big part of that was the entertainment. Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor and having fun...people who I had never seem dance were "getting down". They really know how to appeal to everyone at the wedding. They are true professionals and very reasonable for the product and quality you receive.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 10/27/07, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Miles was fantastic!!! He truly created a night filled with great music, dancing and laughs!

Profile Picture Maribeth, 10/20/07, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

best dj you could possibly pick

Profile Picture sarah, 10/13/07, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great company, little expensive but well worth it. Great DJ's make your guests happy and your reception longer and a lot more enjoyable!

Profile Picture Casey, 10/6/07, 5 Reviews