152 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
152 SKM Entertainment Reviews

SKM was very client focused, however, it seemed they were not as organized as I would have hoped. The overall music/party atmosphere was fabulous, my guests had a great time out on the dance floor and they kept everyone involved. However, there were a few BIG mistakes. The first one is that they forgot to play music after the ceremony as my husband and I were walking down the aisle, along with the bridal party. We walked down the aisle to silence!! I was so upset that they did not play my music I picked for the exit. Also, I had emailed the MC trivia about my groom and I to use to excuse the tables to the buffet. The MC received the email, because he responded to the email. He must not have noticed the trivia attachment, even though I said the trivia is attached in the email, because after grand entrance he walked up to us and asked who had the trivia. My husband had to figure out how to pull up the trivia on his smart phone for the MC, then he didn't even annouce the trivia over the mic like we had talked about, he just walked up to the table and asked a question.
Aside from the lack of organization (I got the wedding schedule on Friday, the day before my wedding, and only because I emailed him to ask for it) and messing up my exit song during the ceremony, they did a fair job. The dance floor was usually packed and the flow of the wedding was good. I felt like I had to stay on top of them more, I wish they would have been more organized.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

They were outstanding!!! Our dance floor was constantly filled, they played unique games to keep everyone from getting bored and our MC was so energetic. Their technique of having a DJ and an MC is perfect. Our MC was always checking in with us to make sure we were ready and making sure that anything people requested out of the norm, was ok with us. Just great!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM did an amazing job to accomadate everything we wanted. They went above and beyond our expectations and everyone at the end of the night couldn't stop telling us how fun our wedding was. Chris did a fantastic job with keeping great music playing all night and John did a wonderful job keeping our crowd up interacting with everything. We couldn't of asked for anything more!! THANKS AGAIN SKM!

~The Newlyweds ~
Brandon & Alysha

Profile Picture Alysha, 3/10/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

I will highly recommend SKM Entertainment for anyones wedding. They were so professional and delivered a fantastic atmosphere for our wedding. Miles was our MC. He was awesome. Our wedding was in February when the weather was absolutely beautiful so we had a LOT of people out on the patio of our venue and he did a great job getting them in to dance. We had Miles, a lighting guy and a DJ and they were all amazing. Great teamwork. Everyone at the reception told me they loved them. I would definitely suggest them for any event!!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/18/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM totally exceeded our expectations! They were perfect! Not only did SKM play the music we wanted, but they totally ran and organized the reception. Everything ran so smoothly because SKM kept it fun, kept the guests entertained, and allowed us to enjoy every part of our day. They are amazing not only at playing the music you want, but also reading the vibe of the crowd and entertaining accordingly. We are so thankful for SKM and their flawless performance from our first meeting with their office staff to the exit of our reception! Thank you so much!
Hillary and Tony Barnette

Profile Picture Hillary, 12/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very happy with SKM. They pretty much had their own itinerary and worked with some of the genres we selected. They were professional and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our guest really enjoyed themselves and danced the night away.

Profile Picture Monique, 11/19/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! We had a DJ & and MC. Our MC, Justin was awesome! We really enjoyed him. He was very attentive to us & our needs the whole night. He had a fantastic attitude & was so up for anything! We had a lot of fun with him. If you can afford a DJ & MC, I recommend that as well. The night flows much better. The lighting was fun & beautiful. The music was great too. I had several compliments on how fun the reception was.

Profile Picture Morgan, 11/6/11, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Albert and I are beyond thankful for the opportunity to work with SKM. We met them at a Bridal Expo, then went to a Mock wedding and instantly fell in love with them. Throughout the wedding process, Helen and Miles were quick to respond to any questions and were incredibly helpful. We chose Justin, a fun and spunky DJ, to host the reception, and we are so glad we did! The reception was a huge hit and beyond anything we could have asked for. At one point in the night, EVERYONE (Grandparents and all) were dancing in a congo-line and shaking their tailfeathers on the dance floor. We had guests coming up to ask "Where did you get this guy? This is the best wedding I have ever been to!!!" Everyone loved the music picked and all of our guests found enjoyment all throughout the night. We still have compliments raving about how amazing our wedding was.

For price-sensitive Brides... we know how that goes. We decided that a DJ can either make or break the wedding...and we were exactly right. Their services may be expensive, but you will be so glad you took the investment!

Thank you SKM for an awesome experience.

Profile Picture Candice, 11/5/11, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was fabulous. We also saw them at the big wedding show at the convention center. He kept the reception fully entertained and moving. He was very personable and easy to work with. Our daughter (the bride) was super impressed with everything they did. Would recommend them to anyone getting married. They had lots of fun as well and would have stayed all night had we wanted them too.

Profile Picture Lori, 10/22/11, 4 Reviews
4.2

SKM did an excellent job at our reception. They played most of the music we requested and followed the timeline perfectly. They were more costly than the other DJ's we looked at but we were very pleased with how thorough and knowledgable they were, so it was worth the extra cost.

Profile Picture Nadia, 10/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our DJ was one of the first vendors my husband and I booked. We agreed the DJ/MC really set the whole tone from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the celebration! My mom and I first met Miles at the Phoenix Bridal Convention (along with hundreds of other brides), and I was more than impressed at the level of personalism when hours later he passed by and still recalled details of our brief conversation regarding my vision for the wedding.
Our wedding was in Sedona and the entire team was accommodating and timely upon arrival/setup.
Our MC/DJ was Dale and he was very understanding to our hectic schedule when trying to setup our prewedding meeting to discuss details for the event.
Most importantly the day of the wedding Dale and the SKM team did an amazing job of keeping up with all the scheduled events, and even keeping a stress free environment when things did not go as timed. Our DJ was very receptive to our music suggestions (and my long list of requests) and chose great music to entertain guests ranging from 5-80. We received so many compliments regarding their interactions with the crowd and the dance floor was packet until the venue closed. Thanks to everyone at SKM, you were all a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Brie , 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

SKM is great. What makes them different is that they have one person to MC and one person to be the DJ. It's not the MC running behind the dj table to start a song. It really helped hold the guests attention and gave him freedom to go table to table either to release people for the buffet or to take song requests. Our DJ Juan Murillo is the BEST. our guests loved him and complimented that they really enjoyed the night. He's easy going, commands the crowd, and observes the audience. We danced all night. Our video montage also played on a very big screen and I was worried it wouldnt play due to technical difficulties but it played perfectly. Only con I had was that the SKM rep I was in contact with changed during my wedding planning and I wasn't aware of it so I felt like I was dropped. But their service on OUR BIG DAY was great and thats what matters :).

Profile Picture Evangeline , 5/14/11, 13 Reviews
4.7

My husband Chris and I were so pleased with SKM who did the music and lighting for our wedding ceremony and reception in Arizona this past April. When we first scheduled our appointment with Helen, we didn't understand why she needed more than 30 minutes to talk with us. But we were blown away by the videos and pictures she showed us and the packages provided by SKM. After meeting with another DJ company to compare, we knew instantly that we wanted to go with SKM. Even though we doubled our original DJ budget, it was more than worth it. Helen was a life saver and so helpful in answering all of my questions! We ended up getting Juan by recommendation and he was fantastic! He was incredibly professional and just what we hoped for in an MC/DJ. He was so patient with my family and did a great job at managing our multi-cultural families and friends. We highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Nina, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

SKM truly made our wedding night fun! they played a variety of music and kept the entertainment upbeat! Juan our MC was AWESOME. he kept us informed every step of the way. he was understanding and very patient. there were a few minor glitches, but Juan definitely made up for them in other areas of the night. I would recommend SKM to anyone who is looking for fun, personable and experienced DJs.

Profile Picture Tiffanie, 4/17/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin from SKM Entertainment was the best wedding DJ! He kept my guests on the dance floor all night. He stayed 2 hours over time because he could see that the guests were having so much fun and didn't want to leave. I have had two future brides, who were at my wedding, ask for his information already.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/9/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Juan for our event and he was great. He played the songs we wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Karina, 12/3/10, 9 Reviews
4.1

SKM has gone through some transition with their office personnel so getting a response back at times can be a challenge. Their MC’s and wedding night service however is bar-none! Juan was our MC and he was amazing. He never batted an eye at some of our wacky requests and did such a good job feeling our crowd and keeping everyone dancing all night. All of our guests complained the next day about how much their legs and feet hurt because they had never danced at a wedding so much. The dance floor was never even close to empty. They are not inexpensive and my husband nearly fell off his chair when he knew how much we paid for them – but they were worth every penny! It is not worth it to go with a cheap random DJ. They can ruin your reception. SKM is simply the best. They will leave your guests saying “Wow! That was the best wedding I have ever been to!”

Profile Picture Ashley , 11/27/10, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose the package that included both the DJ and the MC. We met w/ Justin our Mc about a week before the Wedding, they normally meet with you no less than 10 days before the wedding but we had some scheduling conflicts, never the less Justin really stepped up to the plate and took great care of us. They have this really kewl website where you can input the names and roles of everyone in your wedding party as well as what songs you want played for what. Justin really tried to get a feel for our personalities during our meeting as well as making sure he knew what we expected in order to considering the reception a success. While we sat there talking he was down loading the songs he didn’t already have. He and i had talked about the music I wanted played during the cocktail hour, Im a heavy metal fan and the only way I could thing to mix any of that into our wedding was by playing some of the soundtrack music from Iron Man and various other movies that have a score with a heavy metal feel. He told me about some awesome music he had which was actually heavy metal music done on string instruments. He really hit th mark with those! By the time we left the meeting it was a huge weight off our shoulders we knew he would take care of everything and he did! he kept things at the wedding running and kept us up to date on what was or wasnt going on and cleared any changes with us as well as mingling with the guests to get a feel for what they wanted to hear

Profile Picture Arron, 10/31/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I am so happy that I chose SKM for our wedding entertainment. I went back and forth for months before finally booking them. I would have booked them sooner, but they were out of my budget range. I met with other DJ companies through out my planning, and none of them made me feel as excited for my wedding as when I met with the planners at SKM.

Juan was our emcee, and he was fantastic. The night flowed fantastically and there was never a dull moment. He was able to get everyone onto the dance floor at one point or another, even the guests that normally don't dance! Everyone we've talked to about the wedding has said that it's the "best wedding ever" and I know that is because of Juan, our DJ, and SKM. I plan on recommending them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Do yourself and your guests a favor, spend the extra money, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

LOOKING FOR A DJ FOR YOUR WEDDING.. WANT TO CREATE THE PERFECT AMBIANCE. SKM IS THE WAY TO GO. I USED SKM FOR LIGHTING SOUND AND DJ FOR MY EARLY OCT. WEDDING. MY WEDDING WAS MORE THAN I COULD OF DREAMED! WE WENT ALL OUT AND DID PURCHASE ONE OF THE HIGHEST PACKAGES AND IT WAS SOO WORTH IT. OUT GUESTS KEEP TELLING US THAT IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING THEYVE BEEN TO AND I CREDIT ALOT OF THAT TO JUAN AND THE REST OF THE STAFF AT SKM. FROM THE ENERGY THAT JUAN CREATED STARTING WITH THE GRAND INTRODUCTION THROUGH TO THE NEWLYWED GAME AND ONTO THE AWSOME PHOTO MONTAGE BRANDON? PUT TOGETHER FOR US SKM REALLY OUT DID THEMSELVES. I HAVE TO POINT OUT JUAN SPECIFICALLY... WHO MADE THE NIGHT GO SO SMOOTHLY. GOT EVERYONE DANCING. AND WAS SOO FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING!!!! IF I EVER HAVE ANOTHER OCCASION WHERE A DJ IS NEEDED JUAN WILL BE THE ONE I CALL!!!! I WOULD RECOMMEND SKM TO EVERYONE!!

Profile Picture laurie, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

they made my wedding flow perfect!!! thanks to them it was perfect!!!!!

Profile Picture brittany, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: DJ
This review is currently being verified.
4.1

The staff in the office and the owner were awesome. They really worked hard to get things just the way we wanted, and we felt very confident in the emcee that we were assigned.

However we feel that the ball was dropped with the DJ that they gave us. I was not happy with the music that was played for the majority of the reception. We spent 2 days creating the playlist we wanted played for the majority of the reception and the DJ decided to play Motown and all kinds of other music. It wasn't until the room was nearly empty that they started playing the list we gave them.

There was also some sort of a glitch in the equipment that caused a very unpleasant high pitched sound to come from the speakers about 15 times during the reception.

Overall we were happy with the way they worked with us. Steve the Emcee was great and we loved his personality. The games he played had our crowd involved and they seemed like they had fun. Just make sure that they really do bring the back up equipment that they advertise in their materials.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/6/10, 7 Reviews
3.7

I really enjoyed my DJ Dale, he did a wonderful job. I was upset with SKM due to some price changes that I wasn't notified of until the very last minute. The owner did try to rectify the situation and explained it was due to an employee leaving however the bride never wants a phone call on the day of the wedding informing her she needs to pay more money. I liked the job that was done but might not recommend this company to another couple looking for DJ services due to the headache.

Profile Picture Christine, 5/30/10, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If we could give SKM Entertainment higher than a 5, we would! They were fantastic during the planning process and the online system was easy to use with little work required. Our wedding music couldn't have been better and got everyone (even the Grandparents!) up and dancing. We had MC Justin and he was absolutely instrumental in making our wedding the fun time we had wanted. A little higher on the cost side, but looking back, the investment was well worth it because our wedding was so much fun.

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/10/10, 5 Reviews