SKM Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

SKM Entertainment 1
SKM Entertainment 2

Lindsey · Married on 06/28/2008

SKM did an excellant job. OUr DJ was Juan and he was great! Everything ran smoothly and he kept us going. I can really say that all of our guests had a great time! The sound quality was great and the lighting was fantastic. Thanks!

Jaclyn · Married on 10/27/2007

Regina and Miles were wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants their wedding to be the time of their life. I have been to a lot of weddings and a great DJ really makes or breaks the party. Miles and his team are very talented and the night was constantly moving. Everyone at our wedding said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and I really believe a big part of that was the entertainment. Everyone at our wedding was on the dance floor and having fun...people who I had never seem dance were "getting down". They really know how to appeal to everyone at the wedding. They are true professionals and very reasonable for the product and quality you receive.

Maribeth · Married on 10/20/2007

Miles was fantastic!!! He truly created a night filled with great music, dancing and laughs!

sarah · Married on 10/13/2007

best dj you could possibly pick

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2007

We appreciated all the extra hard work that SKM did to ensure an outstanding evening dancing under the stars at the Copperwynd Resort. From start to finish, Miles Gilbert, a magical MC, created a beautiful atmosphere with the right lighting and ideal timing of music. He followed an exact but not rushed timeline to assure that nothing was missed at the reception.
    We highly recommend Miles and SKM entertainment to anyone looking for just the right DJ and entertainment for their special day...added note...book early if you want Miles!

Jennifer · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I booked SKM for our wedding, and we had absolutely no regrets!! Let me just start out by saying that booking a DJ and MC was very nerve wracking for us, and quality entertainment was something we knew we wouldn't want to skimp on.  I would highly recommend SKM for the these two reasons alone: MELISSA AND GARY! Melissa was our SKM consultant and sold us our package, she was very patient with us and answered all of our questions during our meeting (they give you a presentation at your first meeting with them). We booked the package where we were able to choose our MC. We chose Gary and we're SO happy we did so!

About a month before our wedding, we met with Gary and he took the time to get to know us personally and ask us about the vision we had for our wedding entertainment. He listened carefully and took many notes. We appreciated how personal the experience was! My husband and I are were really anal about the type  of music we wanted, when we wanted it played, and what songs we needed played. SKM worked patiently with us to craft the vision we had for our wedding night. I'd recommend SKM without any hesitation.  If you choose a package where you can select your own MC, take the time to watch the MC videos and see which one vibes more with your personality and/or vision. We're so happy we chose Gary! It felt like Gary had known us our entire lives, and our guests felt the same way as well! We got such great feedback about what an amazing party our wedding was!  When it was time for everyone to leave, people were still on the dance floor and a good amount of people were still hanging around when the lights were turned on! :)  I really wish I got our DJ's name, but she and Gary were an awesome pair. They kept the party going and going!!!

SKM has been around for a long time, and they have a formula that they've mastered. No need to look any further! :)

Kylie · Married on 11/25/2017

We had an AMAZING DJ - Dave and an assistant perform the music for the ceremony and coordinated and ran the reception. ALL of our guests had a wonderful time and attributed many of their pleasant experience due to the DJ being entertaining, professional, easy to understand, funny and respectful. It was a grand time and every one won't stop talking about it!

Jinju · Married on 07/13/2014

We had Justin as our MC and he was awesome! One of the many comments we had about our wedding was how smoothly the night went and how organized it was. Justin had a huge hand in that! We had met prior to the wedding to work on the timeline and iron out the details, and he executed it perfectly! The music choices were great, his humor was spot on, and his tone was serious where it should have been.
    These guys have experience and suggested games and activities that were perfect. Everyone had a great time and there was never a dull moment.
    We also used their photo booth and up lights. The photo booth was open and was operated smoothly. It was busy all night and we had no complaints! The props were very cool too! Can complain about the up lights, they lit up and remained lit the whole night!
    I certainly would recommend Justin and SKM!

Kathleen · Married on 10/30/2013

DJ Justin was very easy to work with, the first meeting with him he was very friendly and gave great tips for the music, and listening to what we were looking for. People in my family that have never danced in public were on the floor so that was great. Even when there was a slight lag in participation Justin was on the floor keeping the kids entertained.

We chose SKM and our MC, Justin after seeing them in action at a bridal show and we are so glad that we did! They did the music and sound for the ceremony as well as the lights and music for the reception. It was all flawless! The ambiance and energy that they helped to create ensured that everyone had a great time. Thank you for all that you did to make the day so special!

Melissa · Married on 10/24/2009

Miles was our MC and he did a great job. They provided the DJ and dance floor lighting, which looked great. SKM offers an online planning tool, so it was fairly easy to select music that we wanted, even though we really only chose a few songs and left the rest to Miles. He definitely kept people dancing by gauging the crowd and I got a number of compliments on the playlist.

SKM worked with our planner and other vendors to be sure that everyone was on the same page about the schedule and timing (and helped us make these decisions in the first place), so everything flowed smoothly. I also appreciated that Miles was not a cheesy bar mitzvah DJ, though i hear he can turn that on too if you want it!

I understand that there were a number of challenges with the electrical setup at our venue, which Miles worked through in advance with site visits and coordinating with the facilities manager. It was just a huge relief to know we were working with someone with a lot of experience so that I didn't have to worry about anything. I knew we'd be taken care of.

Michelle · Married on 05/09/2009

The DJs were great and the photo favors were a hit. Having 2 DJs was great because it kept the night running smoothly. I liked the website and being able to update that before meeting with the emcee. Overall, it was a great experience. I would recommend them again.

cathyanne · Married on 05/27/2006

They were great! They let us pick songs that we DID NOT want to hear on our special day (Electric Slide ect.) and they stuck to it!!! They really got the crowd going. We did have a mix-up with our first dance but it made for a funny memory.

• Jessica

Jessica Shetzen · Married on 11/11/2018

Great job!

We got lots of compliments on the DJs choice in music. We lucked out and got the owner for our event and he did an amazing job. Everything went smoothly and Miles was open to any and all suggestions we had. He checked in with me numerous times throughout the wedding night to ensure that everything was up to par. I would highly recommend SKM Entertainment for your wedding!

• Krista

Krista · Married on 04/15/2018

After meeting with another local DJ company we wanted to do our due diligence and booked time with SKM based on the recommendation of our wedding planner, Jennifer Starr.

We first met Melissa, who was beyond accommodating and easy to work with. She gave us an awesome presentation and was very patient with our budget. During our meeting, we also met Miles, the owner, who knew our venue and gave us immediately gave us suggestions on how to maximize SKM services with space.

On to the wedding day:
    DJ Justin was incredible from the moment we met him to the day-of. He listened to us intently to get a feel for who we are and almost immediately understood the entire vibe we wanted to convey. It is no wonder why our wedding planner (who has worked with him several times) was so thrilled that he was our SKM DJ. Justin was instrumental in not only bringing the party to life but also in allowing us to customize special moments including a song by my husband's father (which meant the world to us). He also had the wonderful idea working a memorial song ("My Way") for my late grandfather, as the anniversary dance. Several if not nearly all of our guests said: "it was the best wedding I've ever attended." Thank you SKM team and Justin for making it fun, memorable, and a completely smooth, personalized experience. We are so grateful for our choice in SKM and will highly recommend to anyone with wedding or corporate event needs in the future.

• Marissa & Joel

Marissa & Joel · Married on 03/23/2018

Justin and our DJ were awesome!! They made the night carefree and fun!! They kept everyone dancing and having a blast. Perfect selection and variety of songs too! At first we were just looking for a DJ but we’re sooooo glad we went with the DJ/MC combo with SKM. The music and reception make the memories of the night. Thanks SKM - you all rock !!!

Laura · Married on 02/17/2018

Justin was,awesome. Everyone had a great time and he moved everything along smoothly

• User6203276 · 2+ years ago

We used Justin for our wedding. He was exactly what we were looking for. Definitely had our best interests in mind. I would suggest him to anyone!!

Alison · Married on 06/06/2015

We had Kevin as our MC he was a great fit with our party and dance atmosphere we were looking for at our wedding. We have nothing but great things to say about him. He made sure everything we wanted in our wedding was completed and made sure our guests felt very included. He has a great attitude and if we ever need an MC at our events again we will definitely use his services. If you want a guy who can get a crowd on the dance floor and keep them there all night with ages ranging from 6-60 then Kevin is your guy!

• Z

ZsaVay · Married on 11/02/2014

Our wedding was on November 2nd, 2014 and their service was GREAT! The communication level was consistent and they met all of our needs. The preparation details were also very detailed. The music was really good, but at times the selections where slower and I think they played too many FULL songs, they could have down more cutting of the music to keep the pace up. Our MC just was AMAZING! he was flexible and very personable. All in all, they were great and i would recommend them. especially if you want a safe and reliable choice.

Lydia · Married on 10/18/2014

We used SKM entertainment at our 10/18/14 wedding. We loved how interactive the
    planning tools online were - we were able to enter all important information during our planning process (everything from how to pronounce our wedding party's names to what songs to NOT play under any circumstances). We met also met with our MC Gary Jenkins a few weeks the wedding and basically went through a detailed schedule of entire night's events! It was so great to show up to the wedding and not worry what time we were going to have each dance, the cake cutting, etc, because Gary took care of it all! Our guests had such a great time dancing, and we loved how interactive Gary was - he knew how to keep people on the dance floor and we loved the games and activities scattered throughout the night that kept all our non-dancers entertained too!

We also used SKM's uplighting and photo booth - the photo booth was a huge hit with our guests and the props were so fun.

My only teeny tiny complaint with SKM was that when we received our final invoice, there was a note that said that we could take a $50 discount if we paid by check. Well I've never been one to take a discount so I subtracted it off the total and mailed in my check! Later that week we got a call from their office saying 'well we understand how you would have read it that way (what other way would I have read it?), but we actually meant if you paid your entire balance by check then you could take the discount'. That catch was not mentioned on the invoice, and it wasn't mentioned when we paid our deposit either, so since we used a credit card for the deposit, we had to mail a 2nd check for $50. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but it was definitely an annoyance to deal with a few weeks before our wedding.

Overall I would definitely recommend Gary and SKM for an awesome and stress-free wedding!

Karen · Married on 04/20/2013

We very much enjoyed our wedding day and the entertainment provided by SKM. Chris and Gavin were great to work with and felt like they were friends of ours at the wedding rather than just the DJs. The only issue was responsiveness prior to the wedding - it took a couple tries to get e-mails replied to by the office. However, they really pulled it together nicely in the end and we couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks SKM!

Jakob at SKM was awesome! He met with us to find out what we wanted and what we were really about. He was a lot of fun at the reception and I constantly heard how good our DJ was. Jakob was very accommodating and made sure throughout the night that we were well taken care of.

Evangeline · Married on 05/14/2011

SKM is great. What makes them different is that they have one person to MC and one person to be the DJ. It's not the MC running behind the dj table to start a song. It really helped hold the guests attention and gave him freedom to go table to table either to release people for the buffet or to take song requests. Our DJ Juan Murillo is the BEST. our guests loved him and complimented that they really enjoyed the night. He's easy going, commands the crowd, and observes the audience. We danced all night. Our video montage also played on a very big screen and I was worried it wouldnt play due to technical difficulties but it played perfectly. Only con I had was that the SKM rep I was in contact with changed during my wedding planning and I wasn't aware of it so I felt like I was dropped. But their service on OUR BIG DAY was great and thats what matters :).

Tiffanie · Married on 04/17/2011

SKM truly made our wedding night fun! they played a variety of music and kept the entertainment upbeat! Juan our MC was AWESOME. he kept us informed every step of the way. he was understanding and very patient. there were a few minor glitches, but Juan definitely made up for them in other areas of the night. I would recommend SKM to anyone who is looking for fun, personable and experienced DJs.