152 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
152 SKM Entertainment Reviews

I loved this vendor, Miles did a great job. From the beginning of meeting with him to discuss our wishes, to building our playlist.
The entertainment, photo booth and lighting was awesome. Miles brought two Dj"s and was our MC.
The dance floor was packed all night with our guest dancing.

Profile Picture Margaret, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

KEVIN! Ryan and I got married on March 19th and Kevin was a huge part in making our big day as perfect as it was. He was such an amazing fit for us and we received SO many compliments that he kept the party going all night long. I would highly recomend SKM to any of my friends or other future brides that want their wedding to be an awesome party. We were so pleased with everything they had to offer from the personalized GOBO, the extra uplighting, and of course the amazing MC. Thanks again Kevin, you rock!!!

Profile Picture Kristi, 3/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

God bless Justin at SKM. He was a rockstar. He figured out what we wanted when we didn't know what we wanted. And he has some serious dance moves to boot :)
The entire process at SKM was seamless, even being from out of town. We had 48 hours in Scottsdale 6 months before the wedding to meet with potential vendors and sign contracts. Miles and his sales staff were great (first off, flexible since we were running late). They were very informative and took us through the whole process start to finish. I had no idea what "up-lighting" was, let alone how many I needed for our venue. Luckily, this wasn't SKM's first rodeo and they figured it all out for us.
We met with Justin, our emcee, via video conference and he was great - patiently listening to our likes, dislikes, etc. Come the wedding day, everything went off seamlessly. Justin directed traffic, making sure we and guests knew what was coming next AND the dance floor was full the whole night... He really knew how to read the crowd and keep engagement high.
Here's a bit of advice, brides, don't get too caught up in stuff/ details that don't matter and let these guys do their job. They're experts.

Profile Picture User4965303, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
1.0

We had an awful time with this company. The first DJ that we met with could not get my name correct. My name is Erica and he would call me Erin in all of our e-mails. It got to the point where it was more than obvious he was doing it on purpose. He was rude and ignored a lot of what we had to say in our in-person meetings. It got to the point that we really didn't expect this guy to even show up to our wedding. 10pm the night before our wedding we got a phone call from the owner and - you guessed it - this DJ suddenly couldn't make our wedding. The owner says it was a family emergency, but with all of the issues we had with this guy it was quite hard to believe. The owner had the attitude that we should count ourselves lucky that he would be free to step in for the first DJ. This company has a long online form. It was clear in the planning process that the DJ did not read most or any of that information. We will say that the replacement DJ did an ok job at our actual reception. Our two biggest issues during the wedding were: 1. They asked for a list of songs NOT To play and we gave them 4 - they played one of the songs! 2. The audio was terrible during our wedding video - we payed them extra to show up early to set up and they didn't test our video! Finally, the salesperson told us we could take items off our service list as long as it's 30 days before our wedding. Several months before we tried to do that and were denied. So we had a terrible first DJ, two major mistakes during the reception, and a bad taste from the contract. We're only rating as high as two stars because the guests had such a fun time at our wedding, despite the mistakes. In the end we highly discourage couples from using this company.

Profile Picture Erica, 1/23/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Justin for our wedding. He was exactly what we were looking for. Definitely had our best interests in mind. I would suggest him to anyone!!

Profile Picture User6203276, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was one of the best things about our wedding. We had a lot of stuff go wrong on the day of, but Kevin helped to keep the stress level down and the energy up. The music was selected perfectly for our tastes! I will be recommending SKM to all brides in the future, and will use them for any large events I may have as well. Kevin was so personable and really made sure to keep everything true to us as a couple. We are so happy we chose SKM!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Look no further when looking for a DJ service for any party/event! My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, and hired Nathan from SKM to MC their party. What a GREAT experience! Nathan really got to know my parents before the party, and by doing this, the party they threw for 75 people was amazing and enjoyable....thanks to Nathan and SKM!

Shorty after the anniversary party, I became engaged! It was time to start planning the wedding of my dreams. When it came to the DJ/music/entertainment, I immediately thought of SKM. No question about it....they were my ONE AND ONLY choice. This time, we were able to work with Justin (we met him as he was the original contact for my parents party, but was unavailable for their event). Justin was AMAZING! He also got to know my husband and I, and helped us plan a great night for our 200 wedding guests. Justin was so personable, I actually had some guests ask me days after if he was a friend of the family!

Justin helped us with a couple of "surprises" throughout the night, and they went off flawlessly! If you have a special surprise, or something out of the ordinary to do during your night, SKM is amazing at pulling it off flawlessly and without spoiling any surprises. During our first dance, we wanted to end it with a "bang". We had a "leaf launch" since our wedding was in the fall and the whole wedding was wrapped around fall-like colors etc. Justin and his assistant (I am sorry I do not recall her name), surprised all 200 guests with the "launch", and people were talking about it for days. We also asked for some special sound mixing for a portion of our night while everyone was on the dancefloor, and that was also flawless and so memorable for our guests.

Whether you are planning a party/event for 75 or over 200, SKM Entertainment should be on the TOP of your contact list!

Profile Picture Marina, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

SKM, especially Nathan and his partner, were absolutely AMAZING at my wedding. They went above and beyond in every sense. At one point I saw Nathan go over to our caterer to fill them in that my husband and I were supposed to be served rather than go through the buffet line, which wasn't even a task of his, but he did it anyway. There is not one bad thing I could say about them. The whole reception went seamlessly and everyone raved about how great the games and music were that they had recommended. Nathan was very interactive from getting the guests pumped up about our grand entrance, to teaching our guests how to dance, to picking the exact right words to share how my husband and I felt. The night was truly magical and I owe it all to SKM. You guys rock!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We found SKM at the Phoenix Bridal Show. They were very attentive, because my fiance was in Alaska for work, they offered to facetime him during a conference with our DJ! On the night of our wedding we had a DJ and an MC and they were both so amazing they went above and beyond for us. Especially NATHAN, he took the time to come out and show my wedding party dance moves, took requests, and made sure we kept on schedule while also allowing a few "unplanned" things to happen. We couldn't be happier with them! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wedding would not be the party it,was without SKM! Justin, our emcee was amazing and could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was amazing, they provided the music we selected and made our wedding & reception so memorable.

Profile Picture Debora, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM is the most amazing company! Our wedding was absolutely perfect because of all of their hard work! Our MC Justin did an amazing job keeping the crowd energized and engaged through the entire night. He was always one step ahead, making sure out photographer and videographer were in place and knew what exactly was going on and when. He was able to read exactly what my husband and I had envisioned for our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with them! Absolutely worth every penny!

Profile Picture Taryn, 9/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM/Justin was absolutely terrific! We really enjoyed working with Justin who was on top of his game! He made our wedding so entertaining and fun for our guests. We have had some many compliments on SKM since our wedding!!
Justin was very attentive to our needs and played all of our requested music. It truly was an amazing night with all of our family and friends because of SKM/Justin! We are so thankful. I would definitely hire them again!

Profile Picture Chase, 9/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin ! Justin! Justin!! Wow is all I can say!! I am still getting messages and requests for you almost 2 weeks later .. I just wish I could do it again .. It was that fabulous !! For every wedding couple, they have THE most important part of their wedding .. Maybe photos or flowers but for me.. Growing up in the music industry.. It was all about the music and party!!! I knew I Had to pick the best... I am from California however and fly for a living and am not very familiar with Arizona so I really researched what company would best provide the vision we had!!! You only have one chance and everything relied on this part for me.. A huge thank you to Jon for your incredible video , the music editing , the video toasts and much more.. To Brooke who always answered every call.. The DJ who did an incredible job and to Justin.. No words can describe the amazing job you did with everything.. I am still overwhelmed with how wonderful the night turned out.. But most of all when the words keep showing up in texts, Facebook, and more with " THE BEST WEDDING EVER" that says it all!! Thank you SKM for truly bringing our vision to life!! Stacey and Rob

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin Rocks!! We had a small destination wedding at the Montelucia and were nervous about how much our guests would dance. We did not get off the dance floor the entire night! Justin played all of our requests and kept the party going. We highly recommend him! Thank you Justin for making our wedding day so much fun!

All the best,

Gabrielle & Eddie Wiernik

Profile Picture User5319458, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Well worth every penny spent! Nathan and his team were amazing! Made our day one to remember for ever! Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Ethan, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Kevin as our MC he was a great fit with our party and dance atmosphere we were looking for at our wedding. We have nothing but great things to say about him. He made sure everything we wanted in our wedding was completed and made sure our guests felt very included. He has a great attitude and if we ever need an MC at our events again we will definitely use his services. If you want a guy who can get a crowd on the dance floor and keep them there all night with ages ranging from 6-60 then Kevin is your guy!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was incredible! We first saw SKM at a bridal show and loved how they got the audience up and moving. We really wanted our wedding to be a big party for everyone, young and old, and get everyone included and involved on the dance floor. SKM has some incredible tricks up their sleeves to get even the most conservative grandpas up onto the dance floor! Our MC was Gary and he did an absolute wonderful job. He cut a specific section of a wedding march version that I wanted to walk down the isle to and had perfect timing as requested for music during the ceremony. During dinner, he went around to the tables to take music requests and we received multiple comments from guests on how much they appreciated that and truly enjoyed talking with him. The music choices were on point throughout the entire night. The music selections changed as the average guest age changed throughout the night which was perfect. Gary coordinated a couple really fun things like a HUGE conga line and even did a little dance follow along. The lights were perfect for our venue and my mom had made a video/slideshow of us which SKM was very accommodating to play on their projector and screen. One of my favorite parts of the night was the farewell circle at the end of the night that SKM suggested. We really consider SKM one of the main reason our wedding was so fun for us, our families and all of our friends!

Profile Picture User4260432, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Having a fun reception was the most important thing to my daughter as we were planning here wedding. We met with Nathan from SKM and we appreciated how well he listened to what we wanted and understood the personality of the wedding couple.
Great experience with SKM portal to plan songs and flow of reception.
Many of our guests said ours was the most fun they've had at a wedding.
Nathan was professional, enthusiastic, he kept our night moving along and our guests on the dance floor.
So happy we found SKM!

Profile Picture User5074931, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Extraordinary job! Everything from beginning to end was perfect!

Profile Picture Jelena, 5/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy with the job that Justin from SKM did at our wedding. One of our main objectives in planning our wedding was that our guests had an amazingly fun time. Mission accomplished. The open dance at our wedding was probably the most fun I've ever had in my life-of course as the Bride I might be biased-but all of our friends are still talking about it and telling us that it was the most fun they've had dancing at a wedding ever. Justin is an extremely talented DJ and is able to intelligently read a crowd and get them pumped up!! Look no further for another DJ.

Profile Picture Sheena, 4/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

It doesn't get any better than SKM Entertainment! They were a preferred vendor for our wedding venue and after looking them up and reading reviews we decided to make an appointment. As soon as we sat down and Nathan started going over all of the details and different ideas they had to offer, we were sold! We were completely impressed at how professional and organized they were throughout the entire process. They had a variety of different ideas and examples for us which really helped us shape how we wanted our wedding to go. Justin was our DJ/MC and he was fantastic! He kept everyone up and moving and got everyone involved from the bridal party entrance to the cake cutting to the group dance at the end of the night. When we first met with him he asked us ‘what do you want people to say about your wedding’? We wanted people to say that it was a full-on party with everyone on the dance floor off their seats the entire time and he delivered! He really read the room well and knew when to slow things down or when to switch things up and add in a fun game or dance. We highly recommend having Justin as your DJ/MC as he is a natural at what he does and he really knows how to through a party! We still get many compliments about him even months after our wedding and we are so thrilled that everyone had as much fun as we had hoped for!

M & J

Profile Picture MJ, 4/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

I could not be more pleased using SKM for our DJ for our wedding. I received many compliments on how fun our wedding was, and I contribute that to Justin running the show. I received compliments on Justin in specific from guests. If the guests noticed how amazing he was that is definitely something worth mentioning. He was personable, energetic, and kept the whole event running smoothly with fun games and interaction from the guests. He let my husband and I know what to do and where to go, otherwise I would have been lost! The day goes by so fast you lose track of time, and Justin kept us on track thankfully. We also got the photo booth through SKM and it was a big hit! The photos were so fun, and we got an online link to them after the wedding! I honestly feel, our wedding would not have been such fun – or a success if it were not for Justin and the services of SKM. I want them at everything I go to now! The professionalism, interaction, and input from us to make sure our day was everything we wanted was over the moon. Every idea or want we had they wanted to provide to personalize our day and make it memorable. Justin felt like a friend and someone you could talk to and be honest with; not someone who you were hiring and didn’t feel comfortable telling them your quirky ideas. I am so pleased and delighted I was able to have SKM at my wedding, and would recommend them in the highest regard to anyone who is in need of DJ services.

Profile Picture Jerra, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave was an excellent MC and made our ceremony great. He even dressed the part! Make sure you use the online form they give you to give you the best MC for your needs!

Profile Picture Michael, 3/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our two Djs were fantastic! They played everything we wanted to hear and even danced with us. I highly recommend this company for a great wedding DJ. They kept the crowd engaged throughout the whole night. Our DJ was Kevin and he was awesome!

Profile Picture User4831106, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews