SKM Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

SKM Entertainment 1
SKM Entertainment 2

Michelle · Married on 12/12/2015

SKM was one of the best things about our wedding. We had a lot of stuff go wrong on the day of, but Kevin helped to keep the stress level down and the energy up. The music was selected perfectly for our tastes! I will be recommending SKM to all brides in the future, and will use them for any large events I may have as well. Kevin was so personable and really made sure to keep everything true to us as a couple. We are so happy we chose SKM!!

Marina · Married on 10/17/2015

Look no further when looking for a DJ service for any party/event! My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary, and hired Nathan from SKM to MC their party. What a GREAT experience! Nathan really got to know my parents before the party, and by doing this, the party they threw for 75 people was amazing and enjoyable....thanks to Nathan and SKM!

Shorty after the anniversary party, I became engaged! It was time to start planning the wedding of my dreams. When it came to the DJ/music/entertainment, I immediately thought of SKM. No question about it....they were my ONE AND ONLY choice. This time, we were able to work with Justin (we met him as he was the original contact for my parents party, but was unavailable for their event). Justin was AMAZING! He also got to know my husband and I, and helped us plan a great night for our 200 wedding guests. Justin was so personable, I actually had some guests ask me days after if he was a friend of the family!

Justin helped us with a couple of "surprises" throughout the night, and they went off flawlessly! If you have a special surprise, or something out of the ordinary to do during your night, SKM is amazing at pulling it off flawlessly and without spoiling any surprises. During our first dance, we wanted to end it with a "bang". We had a "leaf launch" since our wedding was in the fall and the whole wedding was wrapped around fall-like colors etc. Justin and his assistant (I am sorry I do not recall her name), surprised all 200 guests with the "launch", and people were talking about it for days. We also asked for some special sound mixing for a portion of our night while everyone was on the dancefloor, and that was also flawless and so memorable for our guests.

Whether you are planning a party/event for 75 or over 200, SKM Entertainment should be on the TOP of your contact list!

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

SKM, especially Nathan and his partner, were absolutely AMAZING at my wedding. They went above and beyond in every sense. At one point I saw Nathan go over to our caterer to fill them in that my husband and I were supposed to be served rather than go through the buffet line, which wasn't even a task of his, but he did it anyway. There is not one bad thing I could say about them. The whole reception went seamlessly and everyone raved about how great the games and music were that they had recommended. Nathan was very interactive from getting the guests pumped up about our grand entrance, to teaching our guests how to dance, to picking the exact right words to share how my husband and I felt. The night was truly magical and I owe it all to SKM. You guys rock!

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

We found SKM at the Phoenix Bridal Show. They were very attentive, because my fiance was in Alaska for work, they offered to facetime him during a conference with our DJ! On the night of our wedding we had a DJ and an MC and they were both so amazing they went above and beyond for us. Especially NATHAN, he took the time to come out and show my wedding party dance moves, took requests, and made sure we kept on schedule while also allowing a few "unplanned" things to happen. We couldn't be happier with them! Thank you!!

Samantha · Married on 09/25/2015

My wedding would not be the party it,was without SKM! Justin, our emcee was amazing and could not have asked for more!

Debora · Married on 09/19/2015

SKM was amazing, they provided the music we selected and made our wedding & reception so memorable.

Taryn · Married on 09/10/2015

SKM is the most amazing company! Our wedding was absolutely perfect because of all of their hard work! Our MC Justin did an amazing job keeping the crowd energized and engaged through the entire night. He was always one step ahead, making sure out photographer and videographer were in place and knew what exactly was going on and when. He was able to read exactly what my husband and I had envisioned for our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with them! Absolutely worth every penny!

Chase · Married on 09/07/2015

SKM/Justin was absolutely terrific! We really enjoyed working with Justin who was on top of his game! He made our wedding so entertaining and fun for our guests. We have had some many compliments on SKM since our wedding!!
    Justin was very attentive to our needs and played all of our requested music. It truly was an amazing night with all of our family and friends because of SKM/Justin! We are so thankful. I would definitely hire them again!

Stacey · Married on 07/25/2015

Justin ! Justin! Justin!! Wow is all I can say!! I am still getting messages and requests for you almost 2 weeks later .. I just wish I could do it again .. It was that fabulous !! For every wedding couple, they have THE most important part of their wedding .. Maybe photos or flowers but for me.. Growing up in the music industry.. It was all about the music and party!!! I knew I Had to pick the best... I am from California however and fly for a living and am not very familiar with Arizona so I really researched what company would best provide the vision we had!!! You only have one chance and everything relied on this part for me.. A huge thank you to Jon for your incredible video , the music editing , the video toasts and much more.. To Brooke who always answered every call.. The DJ who did an incredible job and to Justin.. No words can describe the amazing job you did with everything.. I am still overwhelmed with how wonderful the night turned out.. But most of all when the words keep showing up in texts, Facebook, and more with " THE BEST WEDDING EVER" that says it all!! Thank you SKM for truly bringing our vision to life!! Stacey and Rob

• User5319458 · 2+ years ago

Justin Rocks!! We had a small destination wedding at the Montelucia and were nervous about how much our guests would dance. We did not get off the dance floor the entire night! Justin played all of our requests and kept the party going. We highly recommend him! Thank you Justin for making our wedding day so much fun!

All the best,

Gabrielle & Eddie Wiernik

Ethan · Married on 07/11/2015

Well worth every penny spent! Nathan and his team were amazing! Made our day one to remember for ever! Thank you!!!!

SKM was incredible! We first saw SKM at a bridal show and loved how they got the audience up and moving. We really wanted our wedding to be a big party for everyone, young and old, and get everyone included and involved on the dance floor. SKM has some incredible tricks up their sleeves to get even the most conservative grandpas up onto the dance floor! Our MC was Gary and he did an absolute wonderful job. He cut a specific section of a wedding march version that I wanted to walk down the isle to and had perfect timing as requested for music during the ceremony. During dinner, he went around to the tables to take music requests and we received multiple comments from guests on how much they appreciated that and truly enjoyed talking with him. The music choices were on point throughout the entire night. The music selections changed as the average guest age changed throughout the night which was perfect. Gary coordinated a couple really fun things like a HUGE conga line and even did a little dance follow along. The lights were perfect for our venue and my mom had made a video/slideshow of us which SKM was very accommodating to play on their projector and screen. One of my favorite parts of the night was the farewell circle at the end of the night that SKM suggested. We really consider SKM one of the main reason our wedding was so fun for us, our families and all of our friends!

Having a fun reception was the most important thing to my daughter as we were planning here wedding. We met with Nathan from SKM and we appreciated how well he listened to what we wanted and understood the personality of the wedding couple.
    Great experience with SKM portal to plan songs and flow of reception.
    Many of our guests said ours was the most fun they've had at a wedding.
    Nathan was professional, enthusiastic, he kept our night moving along and our guests on the dance floor.
    So happy we found SKM!

Jelena · Married on 05/02/2015

Extraordinary job! Everything from beginning to end was perfect!

Sheena · Married on 04/10/2015

We were so happy with the job that Justin from SKM did at our wedding. One of our main objectives in planning our wedding was that our guests had an amazingly fun time. Mission accomplished. The open dance at our wedding was probably the most fun I've ever had in my life-of course as the Bride I might be biased-but all of our friends are still talking about it and telling us that it was the most fun they've had dancing at a wedding ever. Justin is an extremely talented DJ and is able to intelligently read a crowd and get them pumped up!! Look no further for another DJ.

MJ · Married on 04/04/2015

It doesn't get any better than SKM Entertainment! They were a preferred vendor for our wedding venue and after looking them up and reading reviews we decided to make an appointment. As soon as we sat down and Nathan started going over all of the details and different ideas they had to offer, we were sold! We were completely impressed at how professional and organized they were throughout the entire process. They had a variety of different ideas and examples for us which really helped us shape how we wanted our wedding to go. Justin was our DJ/MC and he was fantastic! He kept everyone up and moving and got everyone involved from the bridal party entrance to the cake cutting to the group dance at the end of the night. When we first met with him he asked us ‘what do you want people to say about your wedding’? We wanted people to say that it was a full-on party with everyone on the dance floor off their seats the entire time and he delivered! He really read the room well and knew when to slow things down or when to switch things up and add in a fun game or dance. We highly recommend having Justin as your DJ/MC as he is a natural at what he does and he really knows how to through a party! We still get many compliments about him even months after our wedding and we are so thrilled that everyone had as much fun as we had hoped for!

M & J

Jerra · Married on 03/14/2015

I could not be more pleased using SKM for our DJ for our wedding. I received many compliments on how fun our wedding was, and I contribute that to Justin running the show. I received compliments on Justin in specific from guests. If the guests noticed how amazing he was that is definitely something worth mentioning. He was personable, energetic, and kept the whole event running smoothly with fun games and interaction from the guests. He let my husband and I know what to do and where to go, otherwise I would have been lost! The day goes by so fast you lose track of time, and Justin kept us on track thankfully. We also got the photo booth through SKM and it was a big hit! The photos were so fun, and we got an online link to them after the wedding! I honestly feel, our wedding would not have been such fun – or a success if it were not for Justin and the services of SKM. I want them at everything I go to now! The professionalism, interaction, and input from us to make sure our day was everything we wanted was over the moon. Every idea or want we had they wanted to provide to personalize our day and make it memorable. Justin felt like a friend and someone you could talk to and be honest with; not someone who you were hiring and didn’t feel comfortable telling them your quirky ideas. I am so pleased and delighted I was able to have SKM at my wedding, and would recommend them in the highest regard to anyone who is in need of DJ services.

Michael · Married on 03/08/2015

Dave was an excellent MC and made our ceremony great. He even dressed the part! Make sure you use the online form they give you to give you the best MC for your needs!

Our two Djs were fantastic! They played everything we wanted to hear and even danced with us. I highly recommend this company for a great wedding DJ. They kept the crowd engaged throughout the whole night. Our DJ was Kevin and he was awesome!

Nathan was our MC the night of our wedding and did an amazing job. He coordinated all events like the cake cut, father daughter dance, garter toss with our photographer so she could get the best shots, kept our guests highly entertained and continually checked on us to make sure everything was going smoothly!

Absolutely fantastic company to work with!! Professional, friendly, and enthusiastic! We used them for both our reception and ceremony. We received numerous compliments from our guests regarding how fun and awesome our wedding was. Without SKM we would have never been able to provide this. I would recommend this to anyone!! If your looking for a great time for your guests, but yet a "worry free" night for yourself (the bride) this is the company to use!! They do the work for you, you just tell them what you want. I can't say enough good things about SKM. You will not be disappointed!! Trust your wedding to SKM!!

Our DJ was Kevin, and we can not say enough great things about him. We loved him and so did our guests. Very interactive. Kept the party going!! Fantastic job!

Kimberly · Married on 12/13/2014

Let me start by saying, if I could give higher than a 5 star review, I would! SKM was everything we ever wanted in a DJ and more! Dave, our MC, was beyond incredible! If you have a chance to specifically request him, do it!!! He was fun, professional, knowledgeable, prompt, and seriously made our entire day come together seamlessly! The music was a perfect mix of everything we wanted! He interacted with the guests, but never overstepped any boundaries! He led us through the day and kept us at ease! My little sister is getting married in July in Pennsylvania, and she would fly these guys out there to do her wedding if she could. A week after our big day, I am still getting compliments from our guests about how amazing SKM, and especially Dave, are! We love these guys!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/14/2014

These guys are a one stop shop for entertainment. I spoke to a few DJ companies and they don't go through nearly the level of training that these guys do. Dave was absolutely spectacular as emcee and made it flow perfectly - fun and energetic when it needed to be, slow and romantic when it needed to be. He kept me informed of everything that was happening and on deck so I was always prepared. The crew changed the lights based on the mood of the guests which was crazy awesome! And EVERYONE loved the photo booth!!

Barbara · Married on 11/02/2014

I hired SKM Entertainment for my daughter's wedding. They provided the ceremony and cocktail hour music, the uplighting for the ballroom, dance lighting, monogram, pin lighting for wedding cake, DJ, MC (who was awesome), Photo Booth, Videographer. They did a phenomenal job!!! The lighting was elegant, the music was fantastic and the MC made the whole night by getting the guests involved and on the dance floor. He created such an amazing energy! The photo booth was a big hit and their quality of photos that they print are amazing! Their whole production team comes in and sets up for the wedding, they also coordinate timelines with your other vendors, such as photographer, etc so that the whole event runs smooth. You need not worry about anything, they do all the work for you and you an sit back and enjoy the wedding and your guests with no worries!!! I highly recommend using SKM Entertainment for your event. They are highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and experienced. They helped me coordinate everything from soup to nuts. Their pricing is very reasonable and offer different types of packages to meet everyone's budget. The entertainment is the most crucial part of your wedding, and you won't go wrong with SKM.

Hattie · Married on 10/25/2014

We could not have been happier with our DJ and MC for our wedding. They provided great insight to making our night OUR night, but also comfortable and fun for our guests of all ages. The music was great, the interaction activities were so fun - thank you very much!
    Kevin - you rocked as the MC - thank you for everything!!