81 Reviews for Skelly Lodge

Set Up (4)
Covered Outdoor (3)
Clean Up (3)
81 Skelly Lodge Reviews

We had an absolutely wonderful experience at Skelly Lodge. Janie and Harvey were so friendly and accommodating, I'm sure I bugged Janie to death but she always answered her phone or called me back promptly to answer any questions I had. The location is gorgeous and has many options for ceremony and reception areas. The price was good and you can even rent for an entire 24 hour period. We had an amazing time and our wedding was perfect at this venue!

Profile Picture Dani, 10/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancee and I had booked Skelly Lodge for our wedding, but then decided that a traditional wedding just wasn't for us AKA I was miserable with the wedding planning process. We decided to semi-elope with just our parents and siblings. The folks at Skelly Lodge were so understanding about our cancelation with their venue. We received our refund check within just a few days along with a note indicating their best wishes for our future.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Janie and Harvey are wonderful people. They truly want to make sure each couple has the perfect day. I had always wanted a outdoor wedding and my fiance and I knew the second we visited that Skelly Lodge was where we wanted to get married. The ONLY thing I didn't like about this venue is that tables and chair aren't included in the rental. However, they will rent you theirs at a low rate if you wish to use them. If not, you can use any outside vendors of your choice.

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Janie and Harvey were a joy to work with! They were flexible, kind, professional, and always responsive. They even let us come out several days to see the venue with family, with our rentals guy, and with our photographer. So easy to work with! We'd definitely recommend Skelly Lodge to anyone! - Niel & Kori Fabian

Profile Picture Kori, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Skelly was a no brainer for my fiancé and I! As soon as we set foot on the property we knew it was the place we were going to get married. It's absolutely stunning and the owners are so kind! They have been super responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process. We would suggest Skelly a thousand times to anyone!

Profile Picture Shae, 6/3/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

One of the best decisions I've ever made. Everything was perfect and beautiful at Skelly for outdoor wedding! Janie and Harvey were extremely helpful throughout the whole process and I would do it over again 1000x. The most beautiful wedding venue ever!

Profile Picture Kimy, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pick Skelly Lodge! It is magical. Janie and Harvey are so amazing. I didn't worry about a thing and it was the most gorgeous wedding!

Profile Picture Haley, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

This place is absolutely amazing! They are very accommodating and Janie is there to help out with any little things that need to be done. Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up

This venue is absolutely beautiful! It is perfect for outdoor weddings. Janie and Harvey (the owners) are very sweet and professional. Any time we needed to go by to plan our layout of the special day, they made sure we had access to the lodge.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/30/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I cannot say ANYTHING negative about this place. The owners, Janie and Harvey, are amazing people that were there for us every step of the way. Any time that we needed to go out to the lodge to check where we should put decorations or tables, they found the time to let us come by. There ended up being rain in the forecast early in the week, and they even calmed us down and gave recommendations for a tent/canopy company. Luckily, it didn't rain!

We chose to book the lodge for 24 hours so that we could use the 8 bedrooms upstairs for some family and guests to stay the night after the reception. I'm so glad that we did! The wedding day was absolutely beautiful in every way, and everyone was walking around the grounds just admiring all of the details of the venue. My reception was in the evening, and between the trees that had lights wrapped around them and the lights from all 3 porches along the lodge, there was plenty of light when it got dark outside. I could go on and on about how perfect everything was, but I'll just leave you with this: You won't regret booking here! :)

Profile Picture Darrian, 10/24/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

Jane and Harvey are some of the sweetest people on the planet. We were in contact for 1 1/2 years while planning my wedding, and communication was constant and emails were responded to quickly!! No question is stupid to ask them, they were flexible with our contract time and pleasant to work with the day of. We had a slight electrical issue where the lights went out upstairs while we were getting ready and it was resolved literally within minutes! Once you go visit you will get a good feeling in your gut right away that "this is the place", at least that's how it was for us. They were flexible about payment times as well always very understanding. We can't wait to come back for our 1 year anniversary!!! Thank you Janie and Harvey!
The Bernals

Profile Picture Kacie, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Chairs, Tables

Skelly Lodge was an absolutely beautiful place to have our wedding! We received TONS of comments on how gorgeous the venue was inside and out. Janie and Harvey were quick to answer any questions I had and were very understanding of the stresses of the week of a wedding. They allowed us to come back out to the venue several times during the planning process and were more than willing to work with our schedule. Even if they weren't in town, they had someone there to open the lodge for us. We had about 90 people show up and it never felt crowded. Everyone loved dancing on the porch and enjoyed relaxing on the veranda looking over the view. It was exactly what we were looking for. We did the package where we rented the lodge for 24 hours. I would highly recommend this, it is well worth the money! It was so nice, when all the dancing and music was gone, our wedding party and close family and friends could just relax and hang out all night and not worry about driving. (The more people you have stay out there, the more help you have to clean up the next morning! ;)
We did not have anyone mention difficulties in finding the place, but it is helpful to put balloons at points where people need to turn, just so they know they are going the right direction.
I would recommend to the vendors to have a list of what needs to be done upstairs before we leave. We did not know what to do with sheets, towels, etc.

But I would absolutely recommend this location who wants a nice garden-esque style wedding that can be turned more rustic, traditional, however you want! We needed very minimal decorations, mostly just added flowers. We did not have anyone mention difficulties in finding the place, but it's helpful to put balloons at points where people need to turn, just so they know they are going the right direction.

Profile Picture User5543590, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

Skelly lodge was our second venue to visit on our list and it quickly became our favorite. The grounds are gorgeous, well kept, and within easy access to the Tulsa area. If you are looking for a beautiful venue for an outdoor wedding, Skelly lodge is a great option. For our wedding , we were able to rent out the lodge the night before the wedding to have our close friends and family stay at the lodge with us. After we decided to have our wedding at Skelly, Janie and Harvey were always very quick to answer any of our questions via email or over the phone. They also allowed us to visit the lodge multiple times prior to the wedding to plan where we wanted everything to be set up. On the day of our wedding, Janie was the first person to greet me coming down the stairs before I walked down the aisle. Through working with Janie and Harvey, you can tell that they genuinely care about each couple and their wedding day. I am so thankful that we picked Skelly Lodge and would do it all over again if given the choice.

Profile Picture User5545133, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Not only is this venue gorgeous but the owners were super nice and friendly. The tour they gave us was very informative and thorough which made choosing them an easy decision.

Profile Picture User4725556, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Skelly lodge has thought of every detail you can imagine. Janie brought me a little tool box just in case I forgot something I couldn't find my AA batteries and Janie was right there with them. It is a beautiful place to have a wedding. I would definitely suggest you spend the night because time goes by so fast. Thank you Harvey and Janie it was wonderful.

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/13/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

I could not ask for better service. This venue is so beautiful and the people who run it are awesome. When things went down hill at one point due to our DJ Jamie helped out and was a comfort to me. Working with them up to the event was a breeze. All emails and phone calls were returned promptly. It was an overall great experience. I would refer them to any of my friends.

Profile Picture User5445941, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Chairs, Tables

Owners were exceptionally nice and helpful. Were always close by if we needed anything, but not overbearing at all.

The venue is absolutely beautiful; however, the terrain slopes. Much thought needs to be put into placement of cake table, buffet tables, etc.

Great value considering the beautiful venue, the well-equipped, fabulous kitchen, 8 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs. The downstairs is so relaxing and roomy. The veranda gave additional space for guests with a great view. The weather was perfect for our wedding on Sept. 11.

Would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture User5547016, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were absolutely wonderful. Everything was completely ready for us. They had a representative there when we arrived and she was either there helping or calling every so often to make sure we didn't need anything. I had even emailed late the night before that we needed more chairs and they had it ready that next morning for us. They were really wonderful and the whole place was beautiful! Being able to spend the night there was just a bonus!!

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is not enough room to write all the good things I want to say about having my wedding at Skelly Lodge. On top of the beauty of the lodge, how well kept the grounds are, and the historically aspect... it is the management that is worth every bit. Janie and Harvey were excellent to work with. Very responsive to me (the bride), my mom, and my dad. Through out my 8 month engagement we sporadically made trips to the lodge, a quick call or email to ask if we could come out and they were very accommodating to our needs. Janie and Harvey are a wealth of knowledge, if you do choose this venue ask all the questions you have because they will have an answer and assist in any way. They also made the lodge available in the week for me to take my bridal portraits. We had a wedding of about 220 people and made the space work. Wonderful venue and superb management!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautiful and Janie and Harvey are wonderfully helpful, kind, and organized.

Profile Picture River, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The people at Skelly Lodge treated us like family. They were professional and timely with all our needs. Perfect for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Skelly Lodge absolutely made my daughters dream wedding come true. Most beautiful venue in Tulsa for sure! But more than the beauty and unbelievable surroundings of Skelly, it's the owners that make it truly exceptional. They go out of their way to make sure nothing is left to chance, and that all details are taken care of. The entire process was seamless because of how much they cared. Thanks again, Skelly Lodge, for all you did to make my daughter's wedding such a beautiful, amazing once in a lifetime event!

Profile Picture Kari, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Skelly Lodge was perfect! Janie and Harvey were extremely helpful! Our day couldn't have been better! Thanks so much!!

Profile Picture Adrea, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They are a pleasure to work with!! Janie is so informative and helpful. The venue is beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better venue and proprietors!!

Profile Picture kira, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Harvey and Janie are a joy to work with! Deciding to have my wedding at Skelly Lodge was the best decision I made. It was such a beautiful and private area that all of my guests felt incredibly relaxed and had a wonderful time just to sit and talk on the porch together. This was perfect for my wedding since we we were bringing together family members from halfway across the country. Weeks later, I was still getting phone calls and cards only positive things to say about the wedding and Oklahoma.

Profile Picture Christen, 5/17/15, 1 Review