SJ's Disc Jockey Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

SJ's Disc Jockey 1
SJ's Disc Jockey 2

Lupe · Married on 07/22/2018

Fantastic master of ceremonies, outstanding personality, great ability to read the crowd, and overall a really fun guy. The music was great, he kept the guests engaged and entertained and played great music all night. He has tons of ideas to choose from and is totally open to new ideas too. I have never been to a wedding in the past with a DJ this well rounded.

Nika · Married on 06/02/2018

Jeremy was our DJ and we thought he was the best vendor we hired for our wedding! He was flexible, responsive, and a great crowd pleaser! He even made a special mix of a favorite song of my husband. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/12/2018

SJ's Disc Jockey's reply:

Thanks for your kind words! Jeremy was really excited to work with you both.

Natalie · Married on 04/12/2018

THANK YOU SO MUCH JOE! Joe seriously made our wedding SO incredibly special and I was so happy with how everything turned out. I've received so many compliments from everyone about how awesome the DJ was at the wedding. He kept the energy up all night and totally conveyed our personalities and love throughout the entire wedding. I am so grateful. I wouldn’t even look anywhere else. Book with Joe!

Kayla · Married on 03/10/2018

Joe Kalamaras was our favorite part of our wedding day! He is amazing!!! Joe kept the party going by playing all the right music and keeping the guests entertained. What an incredible MC! We were told that Joe was #1 in the industry, which is a true statement!

We met with him a couple of times before the big day to go over all our details pertaining to the music. He had great input and really put everything together so wonderfully. We decided to add the photobooth to our package and I have no regret. The photobooth came with a guest book of all our guest's photo strips AND a flash drive containing videos by our guests. These two things are definitely something my husband and I are going to keep forever and look back on. The photobooth attendants were awesome as well. Very nice and our guest had a lot of fun with them.

I HIGHLY recommend!!!!! Joe is the BEST!

Anne · Married on 05/06/2017

Joe was our DJ for our wedding in May and he did such an amazing job! We met with him prior to the wedding and gave us lots of ideas to make the day even more fun for us and the guests to change up the standard traditions a bit in the reception. We felt great after the meeting that we had chosen the right DJ because he is confidant in his ability as a DJ but also the nicest guy. We ended up getting uplighting which were totally reasonably priced and his dancing/party lights were perfect! The day of went so smoothly and we got so many compliments on how much they loved Joe and how well he did with the music the whole night. Highly recommend Joe and SJ's DJ!!

kimberly · Married on 01/28/2017

I cannot say enough nice things about Joe. We had a destination wedding in Tahoe and had to do almost all of our planning long-distance. When we were looking for a DJ, Joe spent almost an hour on Skype with us to make sure he knew what we were looking for in terms of a DJ. When we hung up (even before he sent over a quote) we knew we wanted to work with him. When we decided we HAD TO work with Joe we booked him to do audio for our ceremony, MC/DJ our reception and supply a photo booth with attendant.
    He not only helped us with our timeline, he had fun customized activities. We recommend the Shoe Game 
    Flash forward to our wedding day, Joe arrived early to set up everything for our ceremony and reception. We basically had a dance party going the whole night with fun little surprises for me and my husband throughout the night. Joe is the best and our guests kept raving about him! Do yourself a favor and book him!

Sierra · Married on 11/04/2016

Joe was so awesome to work with!! He had so many great ideas for the wedding including a very fun way to do the grand entrance, a Newlywed Trivia game, and other surprises for us! Everyone loved the music selection, and there wasn't one time when the dance floor was not filled with people! We also rented a photo booth from SJ's Disc Jockey, which was a huge hit. My husband and I highly recommend SJ's Disc Jockey and Joe! He helped make our wedding a great celebration and absolutely unforgettable!!

Nicole · Married on 10/15/2016

Joe WOW'd my new wife and I. From the first meeting to the last dance, Joe was impeccable. He was very professional all the way through the process. We hired Joe for DJ services and room uplighting. Everything was perfect. We had the initial meeting and we were so impressed it was an easy decision. We had another meeting before the wedding and we went over all the details. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Could not have been happier with the service that we received. It was like Joe had known us for years. He played every song we had hoped he would play without even requesting them. He is a stellar DJ and we will be recommending him to everyone we know. We've been getting comments from our guests since the wedding on how good he was. Do not hesitate to hire Joe!

Joe was amazing. He provided the best atmosphere for my wedding than I could have possibly imagined. He was professional and flexible with my family's last minute additions. Well worth the price he asks for.

Carly · Married on 05/20/2016

I had a fantastic time with joe! We were having some issues with picking out music and he was so helpful. I loved working with him and he kept my party alive!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2016

Had an excellent experience with Joe as our DJ. He really wanted to make our day special. Because I was out of the area, he and i usually met via Skype for planning which was super convenient. We did get to meet him at one of the Forest House Lodge events. He got our guests involved and make them sing for their supper which was super fun. He allowed my fiance to make a 40's playlist for dinner which was really neat. I very highly recommend Joe and his DJ ability.

Karen · Married on 10/10/2015

Joe is the best. We recently had him for our wedding in October as well as my step daughter's wedding in April. He made everything run so smooth and he had everyone on the dance floor the entire time. He was professional, fun, and always available to answer questions or give suggestions. He came highly recommended to us and I highly recommended for you!

My husband and I couldn't be more satisfied with Joe Kalamaras! He was recommended from my best friend who hired him for her wedding. I believe Joe thought I was a bit nuts as the first time we talked to him, many months before our wedding, it took me 2 minutes to know he was the DJ we wanted. I asked him after our first conversation if he could send over an invoice so we can get things started. He told us that we should be sure and it was alright if we took some time to explore other options. I explicitly remember saying, "no, we want you, send the papers". From then on, our experience got better and better. The payment process was seamless and stress free. If I emailed him, he would get back to me within 10 minutes with a quick, easy response. My husband and I were in our best friend's wedding where we got to see how DJ Joe performed. My friend wanted; ceremony wedding, ballroom reception, every single wedding party couple had their own song to come into for the grand entrance etc. Joe met every need of hers and exceeded expectations! It was our wedding month. I sent Joe a song list schedule and at the end were the "do not play" songs. I am very Type A and let's just say this list was not easy. I even asked him to snip out part of the song that I walked down to and he did it without question. He cut songs where I asked him to cut them and he made rock, modern country, 70's, 80's and 90's songs all work together without awkward transitions. My family and friends had SO much fun and loved everything about our DJ. We had a backyard wedding and Joe managed to make all lighting and sound work perfectly not knowing what this backyard looked like before the day of. One thing that was appreciated by us as well as our guests was that Joe went table to table to excuse them for our buffet style dinner. Most DJ's would announce tables, but Joe went to a personal level and connected with the guests. What else could you ask for in a DJ?

Ruthie · Married on 08/02/2015

Joe from SJ's DJs is AMAZING!! Joe provided our:
    - Ceremony music & audio (mics for officiant, groom, & readers - though we had no idea that the readers would even need mics til our officiant mentioned it last-minute. But thankfully Joe came prepared with an extra handheld!)
    - Reception music & entertainment
    - Photo booth
    - Uplighting for the reception hall

We are SO happy that we had Joe for all these services, since he made the party SO MUCH FUN (even for our fairly tame family & guests), totally smooth and seamless, and incredibly personalized! Everyone kept remarking what an incredible DJ we had, including our vendors and officiant, who have done literally hundreds of weddings and said that Joe really made it something special. He played just the right style of upbeat, danceable music and has tons of fun, interactive games that you can choose from, which all our guests really enjoyed. He also has a very calm, soothing, professional demeanor and is truly a master at what he does. His prices were also very reasonable, and even if they were much higher, he would absolutely be worth the investment! He helped our whole day run so smoothly and deserves full credit for making our party such a blast. It doesn't get any better than Joe of SJ's DJs!!!

Jessica · Married on 01/10/2015

It's hard to put into words how grateful we are to have had Joe as our DJ + MC. I'll start by saying, I am a wedding photographer. I've photographed nearly 500 weddings, so it's safe to say, I've seen the good, the bad, and everything in between when it comes to music and MC services for a wedding. I've spent the past 8 or so years working with Joe, and when it came time to hire a DJ for our wedding, it was no question. We had to have the best. Our wedding took place in Jacksonville, Florida. We flew Joe out to Florida, because we simply had to have the best!

Before we secured a definitive date for our wedding, we contacted Joe to make sure he was available. We contacted him over a year in advance, as we know he books very quickly.

If you're reading this, you might be wondering why I so amendment that Joe is the best DJ + MC a couple can have? First, Joe is extraordinarily professional, he will respond to your emails, calls, concerns, questions...and he'll do it faster than any of your other vendors.

Next, Joe is one of the kindest, most generous person you'll meet and this kindness pours out into his business. You won't find another vendor who works harder to make your wedding perfection like Joe does. Joe takes a pride in EVERY SINGLE WEDDING he does. He's flawless.

Unlike most DJ's, Joe does not call the couple "bride + groom" he know the couples name. A small detail, but worth mentioning.

He has a way of engaging your guests into the events of the day. He will incorporate your guests in a way that seem effortless and organic. He will surprise your guests, have them laughing and celebrating all night. Lastly, he has an ability to take your favorite's song list, read your crowd, and know exactly what to play song after song, to keep them enjoying every moment of your dance party. Like all the weddings I've worked with Joe, our wedding had a packed floor and if you hire Joe, so will you. He books fast, so contact him as soon as you have a date!

Kristen · Married on 10/25/2014

My new husband and I had a great time working with Joe!

We had one request which was once we kissed and were pronounced husband and wife that he would play a song but at the specific time (like a min and 30 seconds in or something like that) and my new husband and I would run down the isle. He had that song perfectly que'd up! Out of everything i heard i knew that was dead on what we wanted and both my husband and i both commented on how he got it perfect!

Throughout the day i dont remember hearing to much, i guess with all the hussle and bussle of being the bride you dont get to take in all the little things but all i know is my husband and i and all my guests danced our hearts out! We have no complaints! Joe was easy to work and had a lot of creative ideas.

Also that photobooth was a HIT!! Pretty sure everyone should have one of those at their wedding!! Joe even got in and took some pics with me! Great guy!

Thanks again Joe!!!

Doralyn · Married on 10/24/2014

We had the pleasure of having Joe DJ our wedding last Friday. He was AMAZING!! He did such a great job and was on top of everything. Everyone had such a great time! He gave me the idea of adding something on our RSVP cards for our guests to make song requests. Everyone LOVED it and thought it was such a cute idea. I got so many compliments on it. We also used his monogram lighting services which looked wonderful! I would totally recommend SJs to anyone!

Joe was great! He's super easy to work with, and pretty flexible. In addition to being the DJ, he also provided up lighting and the photobooth at the wedding. Our venue was beautiful, and the photobooth ran smoothly since there was an attendant there the whole time. I highly recommend sj's disc jockey.

Jamie · Married on 10/17/2014

Thank You Rich for executing an awesome evening.

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2014

Joe was so easy to work with! He was happy to meet with us anytime, anyplace to go over details of the wedding. He took note of all of our "must play" and "do not play" songs and happily responded to our endless emails of changes and new ideas. He was also full of helpful suggestions when we needed them - not only of song choices, but of creative ideas for the wedding reception. The wedding day went so smoothly from beginning to end. The photos show what a great time everyone had on the dance floor. All we kept telling Joe was that we wanted a packed dance floor all night and I think he achieved that! We also loved having the photo booth, and so did our guests. I like that they put the photos into an album for us at the end of the night. And the guests could also make a videos, which were so fun to watch! I just wish we had more of those! All in all, we had a great time and we didn't want the night to end!

Hannah · Married on 07/26/2014

I wish I could give more stars, I love Joe! I am truly sad for all brides who do not have the opportunity to work with him, he is such a fun person and really knows how to get the party started and keep the party going! In all honesty, I chose my wedding date based on the availability of 3 of my vendors, Joe being one of them, he is that good! I literally did not leave my dance floor for even 5 seconds at my wedding and I wasn't the only one, EVERYONE loved him! He knows how to read a crowd and has an amazing gift for what he does, he made our wedding day so perfect! It was EVERYTHING we wanted and we are so very thankful! Oh, and you should have seen the uplighting!!! He is truly an artist, it was so beautiful and the pictures are amazing! I had an all-star cast of vendors and literally, I could not even imagine my wedding without Joe! He took care of so many little details for me, he had everything organized and showed up early the day of (and when he got there I could tell he was actually excited, this is not just a job to him, he really cares about his brides)! He knows how to read a crowd and I literally did not have to worry about a thing the entire day, he had it all covered! He also gave us several fun ideas for things we could add to our wedding day and what we used really added to our day! We also booked Joe's photo booth which was SO much fun!! We still love looking though the pictures and video, I would definitely recommend the photo booth!! If he has your date open, book him immediately! You cannot find a better value and you cannot find someone who is easier to work with, trust me! Joe will make the planning process easier and your wedding day spectacular, there is no doubt in my mind! Thank you so much Joe for giving us the party we dreamed of, you are the best!!!

Missy · Married on 06/21/2014

Joe is the absolute best DJ/MC you will ever have the pleasure of working with! Not only does he have an INCREDIBLE voice, he has the personality and pure love for what he does, to make your special day even better! When we first met with Joe, we booked him immediately… A year and a half in advance… (Yes, he is that good)!! He came with an extremely high recommendation to us, and it was easy to figure out why.

Joe was extremely warm, welcoming and excited to meet with us! When we told him about our story and what we had planned for our day, he started giving us ideas for how we could make it authentic to us. He is ingenious!! Every element that made our wedding day special (to us), came from meeting with Joe. We would come to him with an idea and we would make it 10X better! We sat with him to decide what kind of music we wanted to play and other fine details. We asked that he just keep everyone on the dance floor, and that he did!!

Matt and I could not be happier to have worked with Joe! We truly enjoyed every moment of the planning process, as he was extremely attentive to emails and all other communication. And on the wedding day, he was just awesome and knew how to run with the day beautifully. He is a true professional and you will be extremely proud to have him MC/DJ your big day! We sure were! ☺

Daniel and Lauren · Married on 05/25/2014

Joe was the DJ for our wedding at the Monte Verde Inn in May 2014. He did a spectacular job and we wholeheartedly recommend him! Joe made sure in advance that he knew exactly what we wanted—genres to play or avoid, and the tone we wanted to set for each part of the occasion (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing). He encouraged us to provide extremely detailed notes and long lists of "don't play" and "definitely play" songs and artists. He asked us for specific choices for every special ritual event like first dances, cake-cutting, bouquet toss, and first and last songs of the evening. I worried out loud to him at one point that our lists were too long and specific and we were being overbearing, and he assured me, "No, the more detailed, the better!" In the end, for the open dancing portion of our reception, Joe had an eclectic and fun playlist perfectly tailored to the crowd and sequenced just right: not once did he let the energy drop and people wander away from the dance floor. It was one of the few receptions either my wife or I have attended where nobody seemed ready for it to be over when it ended.
    Joe also excels as an emcee, dropping in just the right amount of banter here and there without ever trying too hard or making himself the center of attention. He is charismatic and very entertaining. Joe encouraged us to provide him (secretly) with humorous and mildly embarrassing bios of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, which he read out loud as he introduced them, to their surprise and everyone's laughter. Joe's photo booth was also a fun and recommended addition to the package; we got an album afterwards full of the goofy pictures our guests took in it.
    Logistics were completely professional and seamless. He was punctual, got everything set up without a hitch, and had a whole host of backup plans for every contingency (rain, technical malfunctions, etc.), luckily none of which ended up being necessary. We would recommend Joe to anyone in a heartbeat!

• O

Oscar A. · Married on 04/13/2014

It was a pleasure working with Joe. We felt very comfortable having him for our wedding. Joe made sure that our wedding had a nice flow as well as he kept it elegant, yet a lot of fun.

Allison · Married on 12/14/2013

Well it is no surprise that Joe is AMAZING! Looking at all of his reviews it is very clear. The first time my husband and I met with Joe we knew we wanted him to MC our wedding. Immediately we told him we wanted a fun wedding and that is what he delivered. Our guests loved his upbeat personality and fun approach to the traditionally reception events. He kept the crowd laughing and everyone on the dance floor. If you are looking for a fantastic DJ, I would highly recommend Joe.

We also chose to add his photo booth which was a huge hit with all the guests. We got digital copies of all the photos plus guests were allowed to leave a short video clip for us.