SJ's Disc Jockey Reviews

85 | Granite Bay, CA

85 Reviews for SJ's Disc Jockey

Kelsey · Married on 12/31/2019

Making the Night Flow with Ease & Energy

SJ's Disc Jockey Services were nothing short of spectacular! If you are looking for someone who knows how to provide smooth transitions, a continuously awesome atmosphere, great planning and superb reliability and communication, look no further! Our wedding was on New Year's Eve of 2019, into the morning of 2020, and our party was thumping all night long. He listened to our requests, followed the flow and style of our wedding and provided us with the most awesome recommendations for songs, activities, special moments and more! We were about 5 DJ interviews deep by the time we spoke the DJ Joe, and our first interview was all we needed to know that he would provide the most amazing DJ service. Since we had a wedding that went from 5 pm to 1am, we knew we needed to fill the time with activities for one and for all, and during out first phone call he had a seemingly endless list of ideas that we could pull from to make that happen! As my husband and I are both teachers, we appreciate (more than the usual suspect) how organized Joe was, how detailed his plans were, and we 110% trusted that he was going to make our wedding the flow with the energy we needed at the times we needed it. We played the shoe game, caption the picture, top 10, anniversary dance, centerpiece giveaway games, fun alternative couple kissing games, special wedding party introductions, a grand entrance dance party kick off and more! We also did our photobooth services through SJ's as well and the attendant Paul was amazing! Everyone mentioned that it was so nice to have a personal touch on the photobooth. We did both video messages as well as regular photos and it went off without a hitch! As much as we pride ourselves on being planners, Joe brings the special knowledge and know-how with a personal touch that you are looking for. Please feel free to contact me with anymore questions you might have, and I know Joe is open to the same! He has fast response time, and is going to be there for you every step of the way to make this the best event possible for you!

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • Josh

Josh · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing DJ!

We had our wedding a little less than a month ago at the Old Sugar Mill in Sacramento and we can’t stop talking about how great Joe was - seriously, Joe was amazing! We have been to many weddings and he is by far the best DJ! He has such infectious energy and was able to keep the party going all night. He was incredibly easy to work with, professional and was accommodating to our many asks. Joe also has a fun creative side that will make any wedding unique - he has tons of games and ways to get your attendees to interact throughout the night. We did the “top 10” question that he suggested and our guests absolutely loved it. We can’t imagine our wedding night being as special if Joe wasn’t there :). We highly recommend him for everyone’s wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Sarina · Married on 10/04/2019

Excellent!!

Joe provided the entertainment and photobooth for our 10/4/19 wedding at The Flower Farm. Joe was so professional and and accommodating (he even included something I sent him the morning of the wedding!) There are not enough awesome things I can say about Joe and SJ's Disc Jockey! Awesome music, awesome service, awesome company!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2019

DJ RICH Made our day !

RICH !!!! I can’t say enough good things about Rich. We met with Rich twice before the wedding and he helped us with song selections and played them and truly gave us a day of visual. My husband and I are both very into music and we had no idea how challenging it would be picking songs. (First dance, father daughter dance, grandfather dance, anniversary dance)

As I sat down to have my makeup done for our wedding I could see Rich running around in the HEAT setting up and he looked just as excited as I did.

Everything ran so smoothly and when I see the pictures coming in there is nothing but laughs smiles and dancing. We did the table release questions, reverse kiss for guest, first dance voice over and so much more… all were HUGE hits!!

I have had so many text and emails since the wedding saying “Your DJ killed it that night”… I can’t agree more and this truly was one of the best wedding day choices we made.

“Thank you Rich for a perfect day” 9-14-2019 The Maples 

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Goldsand · Married on 08/17/2019

Joe “SJDJ”

Joe is super cool! Only vendor that was super responsive with me and all about making the wedding the best. Only bummer is I didn’t hear all the songs from my list I wanted to hear that I gave him. Would’ve loved to see him get out there on the dance floor too and have fun. I would still recommend him any day he’s awesome

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda King · Married on 08/10/2019

Unique and Fun Event

Joe provided the entertainment for our wedding at Scribner Bend. From the very first meeting, Joe was helpful and wanted to make our day special and something that we’d remember. Joe has many things that he can do to spice up the evening and make your evening uniquely yours. One thing he offers, that we did, was a couples trivia game to release tables for the buffet. It was so fun to watch and play along and all of our guests were into it. Joe makes sure that the evening stays on schedule without the bride and groom feeling rushed. Joe made our evening so special and we would hire him again in a heart beat. Seriously, the best DJ. Thank you, Joe. We were honored to have you be a part of our special day.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Katie · Married on 07/13/2019

Fantastic experience

Joe did a great job in preparation of the wedding and throughout the whole day. He was very easy to work with and extremely responsive. He had the whole party on the dance floor.

Sent on 07/14/2019

sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Great DJ!!

Rich helped us with our wedding, and he achieved everything we asked for and more. He was very creative with the playlist, knowing what to play at the right time, and he also did some really cool stuff with the lighting. Everyone said they had a really good time, and Rich definitely helped to make it all run smoothly. Would recommend to anyone, don't even wait!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Geyer · Married on 05/04/2019

DJ Joe is Awesome!

DJ Joe is absolutely amazing and kept the dance floor at our wedding packed the entire evening! Joe was so easy to work with – after sharing with him our favorite stations on Sirius XM he knew exactly what our vibe was and we loved every song he played. Not only did Joe get the party started, but he also did an awesome job with sound and microphones during our ceremony and reception. Thanks DJ Joe!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Lupe · Married on 07/22/2018

Fantastic master of ceremonies, outstanding personality, great ability to read the crowd, and overall a really fun guy. The music was great, he kept the guests engaged and entertained and played great music all night. He has tons of ideas to choose from and is totally open to new ideas too. I have never been to a wedding in the past with a DJ this well rounded.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Nika · Married on 06/02/2018

Jeremy was our DJ and we thought he was the best vendor we hired for our wedding! He was flexible, responsive, and a great crowd pleaser! He even made a special mix of a favorite song of my husband. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/12/2018

SJ's Disc Jockey's reply:

Thanks for your kind words! Jeremy was really excited to work with you both.

Natalie · Married on 04/12/2018

THANK YOU SO MUCH JOE! Joe seriously made our wedding SO incredibly special and I was so happy with how everything turned out. I've received so many compliments from everyone about how awesome the DJ was at the wedding. He kept the energy up all night and totally conveyed our personalities and love throughout the entire wedding. I am so grateful. I wouldn’t even look anywhere else. Book with Joe!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Kayla · Married on 03/10/2018

Joe Kalamaras was our favorite part of our wedding day! He is amazing!!! Joe kept the party going by playing all the right music and keeping the guests entertained. What an incredible MC! We were told that Joe was #1 in the industry, which is a true statement!

We met with him a couple of times before the big day to go over all our details pertaining to the music. He had great input and really put everything together so wonderfully. We decided to add the photobooth to our package and I have no regret. The photobooth came with a guest book of all our guest's photo strips AND a flash drive containing videos by our guests. These two things are definitely something my husband and I are going to keep forever and look back on. The photobooth attendants were awesome as well. Very nice and our guest had a lot of fun with them.

I HIGHLY recommend!!!!! Joe is the BEST!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Anne · Married on 05/06/2017

Joe was our DJ for our wedding in May and he did such an amazing job! We met with him prior to the wedding and gave us lots of ideas to make the day even more fun for us and the guests to change up the standard traditions a bit in the reception. We felt great after the meeting that we had chosen the right DJ because he is confidant in his ability as a DJ but also the nicest guy. We ended up getting uplighting which were totally reasonably priced and his dancing/party lights were perfect! The day of went so smoothly and we got so many compliments on how much they loved Joe and how well he did with the music the whole night. Highly recommend Joe and SJ's DJ!!

Sent on 05/25/2017

kimberly · Married on 01/28/2017

I cannot say enough nice things about Joe. We had a destination wedding in Tahoe and had to do almost all of our planning long-distance. When we were looking for a DJ, Joe spent almost an hour on Skype with us to make sure he knew what we were looking for in terms of a DJ. When we hung up (even before he sent over a quote) we knew we wanted to work with him. When we decided we HAD TO work with Joe we booked him to do audio for our ceremony, MC/DJ our reception and supply a photo booth with attendant.
    He not only helped us with our timeline, he had fun customized activities. We recommend the Shoe Game 
    Flash forward to our wedding day, Joe arrived early to set up everything for our ceremony and reception. We basically had a dance party going the whole night with fun little surprises for me and my husband throughout the night. Joe is the best and our guests kept raving about him! Do yourself a favor and book him!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Sierra · Married on 11/04/2016

Joe was so awesome to work with!! He had so many great ideas for the wedding including a very fun way to do the grand entrance, a Newlywed Trivia game, and other surprises for us! Everyone loved the music selection, and there wasn't one time when the dance floor was not filled with people! We also rented a photo booth from SJ's Disc Jockey, which was a huge hit. My husband and I highly recommend SJ's Disc Jockey and Joe! He helped make our wedding a great celebration and absolutely unforgettable!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/15/2016

Joe WOW'd my new wife and I. From the first meeting to the last dance, Joe was impeccable. He was very professional all the way through the process. We hired Joe for DJ services and room uplighting. Everything was perfect. We had the initial meeting and we were so impressed it was an easy decision. We had another meeting before the wedding and we went over all the details. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Could not have been happier with the service that we received. It was like Joe had known us for years. He played every song we had hoped he would play without even requesting them. He is a stellar DJ and we will be recommending him to everyone we know. We've been getting comments from our guests since the wedding on how good he was. Do not hesitate to hire Joe!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Joe was amazing. He provided the best atmosphere for my wedding than I could have possibly imagined. He was professional and flexible with my family's last minute additions. Well worth the price he asks for.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Carly · Married on 05/20/2016

I had a fantastic time with joe! We were having some issues with picking out music and he was so helpful. I loved working with him and he kept my party alive!

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2016

Had an excellent experience with Joe as our DJ. He really wanted to make our day special. Because I was out of the area, he and i usually met via Skype for planning which was super convenient. We did get to meet him at one of the Forest House Lodge events. He got our guests involved and make them sing for their supper which was super fun. He allowed my fiance to make a 40's playlist for dinner which was really neat. I very highly recommend Joe and his DJ ability.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Karen · Married on 10/10/2015

Joe is the best. We recently had him for our wedding in October as well as my step daughter's wedding in April. He made everything run so smooth and he had everyone on the dance floor the entire time. He was professional, fun, and always available to answer questions or give suggestions. He came highly recommended to us and I highly recommended for you!

Sent on 11/04/2015

My husband and I couldn't be more satisfied with Joe Kalamaras! He was recommended from my best friend who hired him for her wedding. I believe Joe thought I was a bit nuts as the first time we talked to him, many months before our wedding, it took me 2 minutes to know he was the DJ we wanted. I asked him after our first conversation if he could send over an invoice so we can get things started. He told us that we should be sure and it was alright if we took some time to explore other options. I explicitly remember saying, "no, we want you, send the papers". From then on, our experience got better and better. The payment process was seamless and stress free. If I emailed him, he would get back to me within 10 minutes with a quick, easy response. My husband and I were in our best friend's wedding where we got to see how DJ Joe performed. My friend wanted; ceremony wedding, ballroom reception, every single wedding party couple had their own song to come into for the grand entrance etc. Joe met every need of hers and exceeded expectations! It was our wedding month. I sent Joe a song list schedule and at the end were the "do not play" songs. I am very Type A and let's just say this list was not easy. I even asked him to snip out part of the song that I walked down to and he did it without question. He cut songs where I asked him to cut them and he made rock, modern country, 70's, 80's and 90's songs all work together without awkward transitions. My family and friends had SO much fun and loved everything about our DJ. We had a backyard wedding and Joe managed to make all lighting and sound work perfectly not knowing what this backyard looked like before the day of. One thing that was appreciated by us as well as our guests was that Joe went table to table to excuse them for our buffet style dinner. Most DJ's would announce tables, but Joe went to a personal level and connected with the guests. What else could you ask for in a DJ?

Sent on 08/27/2015

Ruthie · Married on 08/02/2015

Joe from SJ's DJs is AMAZING!! Joe provided our:
    - Ceremony music & audio (mics for officiant, groom, & readers - though we had no idea that the readers would even need mics til our officiant mentioned it last-minute. But thankfully Joe came prepared with an extra handheld!)
    - Reception music & entertainment
    - Photo booth
    - Uplighting for the reception hall

We are SO happy that we had Joe for all these services, since he made the party SO MUCH FUN (even for our fairly tame family & guests), totally smooth and seamless, and incredibly personalized! Everyone kept remarking what an incredible DJ we had, including our vendors and officiant, who have done literally hundreds of weddings and said that Joe really made it something special. He played just the right style of upbeat, danceable music and has tons of fun, interactive games that you can choose from, which all our guests really enjoyed. He also has a very calm, soothing, professional demeanor and is truly a master at what he does. His prices were also very reasonable, and even if they were much higher, he would absolutely be worth the investment! He helped our whole day run so smoothly and deserves full credit for making our party such a blast. It doesn't get any better than Joe of SJ's DJs!!!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Jessica · Married on 01/10/2015

It's hard to put into words how grateful we are to have had Joe as our DJ + MC. I'll start by saying, I am a wedding photographer. I've photographed nearly 500 weddings, so it's safe to say, I've seen the good, the bad, and everything in between when it comes to music and MC services for a wedding. I've spent the past 8 or so years working with Joe, and when it came time to hire a DJ for our wedding, it was no question. We had to have the best. Our wedding took place in Jacksonville, Florida. We flew Joe out to Florida, because we simply had to have the best!

Before we secured a definitive date for our wedding, we contacted Joe to make sure he was available. We contacted him over a year in advance, as we know he books very quickly.

If you're reading this, you might be wondering why I so amendment that Joe is the best DJ + MC a couple can have? First, Joe is extraordinarily professional, he will respond to your emails, calls, concerns, questions...and he'll do it faster than any of your other vendors.

Next, Joe is one of the kindest, most generous person you'll meet and this kindness pours out into his business. You won't find another vendor who works harder to make your wedding perfection like Joe does. Joe takes a pride in EVERY SINGLE WEDDING he does. He's flawless.

Unlike most DJ's, Joe does not call the couple "bride + groom" he know the couples name. A small detail, but worth mentioning.

He has a way of engaging your guests into the events of the day. He will incorporate your guests in a way that seem effortless and organic. He will surprise your guests, have them laughing and celebrating all night. Lastly, he has an ability to take your favorite's song list, read your crowd, and know exactly what to play song after song, to keep them enjoying every moment of your dance party. Like all the weddings I've worked with Joe, our wedding had a packed floor and if you hire Joe, so will you. He books fast, so contact him as soon as you have a date!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/25/2014

My new husband and I had a great time working with Joe!

We had one request which was once we kissed and were pronounced husband and wife that he would play a song but at the specific time (like a min and 30 seconds in or something like that) and my new husband and I would run down the isle. He had that song perfectly que'd up! Out of everything i heard i knew that was dead on what we wanted and both my husband and i both commented on how he got it perfect!

Throughout the day i dont remember hearing to much, i guess with all the hussle and bussle of being the bride you dont get to take in all the little things but all i know is my husband and i and all my guests danced our hearts out! We have no complaints! Joe was easy to work and had a lot of creative ideas.

Also that photobooth was a HIT!! Pretty sure everyone should have one of those at their wedding!! Joe even got in and took some pics with me! Great guy!

Thanks again Joe!!!